Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2131 Eelkram

Eelkram

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

So from the Warhammer 40k Bundle, I already had a copy of Dawn of War gold on steam. I know the keys we got for DoW 1 Gold were not steam redeemable, but is it redeemable elsewhere? This is just an extra copy that will forever remain in my amazon library unused if so, and I would like to be able to give it away if I can.

#2132 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

@TONY and anybody else w/ Madden NFL 08 PC

Every time I boot up the Madden NFL 08 PC game, it gives me THIS screen:

Posted Image

Is there a limited amount of activations for this game?
Or is it unlimited?

Is going through there wasting an online activation every time?

Is there a revoke tool for this game?
I can't seem to find one, if there is.

Or is this an offline sign-in (like Origin does) and does NOT waste activations?

EDIT:
My PC spec -> Win 7 64-bit; Intel i7 950; 1GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM.

#2133 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

and then lost to the 49ers on the road! 8-) (sorry i couldn't help it) Harbowlllllll

I would've been fine with losing to the 49ners to be honest.8-)

#2134 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Wrong thread

#2135 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Steam has both The Sims 3 and Lego LOTR on weekend deal. I know chances are slim of a price match AND an EC list appearance but I guess no harm in asking?

Thanks Tony! :bouncy:

I doubt you'll see the Sims 3 added to the EC list before Monday afternoon. I get the feeling that the reason that we haven't seen the Sims 3 show up on the EC list thus far (unless you count the bundle which has been gone for a while) is that EA knew that they were gonna have this sale on Steam during January, and they didn't want to have Amazon price match that sale and have the coupons stack.

#2136 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

That's why time traveling for a specific purpose is impossible. If you are born, and afterward your father is murdered, and this act causes you to grow up and become a scientist and invent a way to time travel to prevent it. As soon as you stop the killing in the past, your future past self's need to create a time machine ceases, so you never invent a time machine, so your father is still murdered.

Guardian_owl.png

#2137 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I need a time machine for thr Prototype Franchise pack, Scribblenauts for 7.49 and NFS The Run on the cheap.

#2138 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

That's why time traveling for a specific purpose is impossible. If you are born, and afterward your father is murdered, and this act causes you to grow up and become a scientist and invent a way to time travel to prevent it. As soon as you stop the killing in the past, your future past self's need to create a time machine ceases, so you never invent a time machine, so your father is still murdered.

All you need to do is create a situation where your past self believes the thing you want to change still happened after you've changed it. That way you'd still go ahead and create the time machine.

Using your example of a murdered father, what you do is you create a duplicate of your father (a clone or a robot or something), make some sort of switch with your father and allow that doppelganger to get "killed" instead of your father. Then you either instruct your father to go into hiding until the day after you go back to save him, or you grab him and take him back to the future with you. You've changed what happened, but it isn't apparent to your past self.

Edited by The End, 22 January 2013 - 11:38 PM.
spelling

#2139 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

Or is it unlimited?

Or is this an offline sign-in (like Origin does) and does NOT waste activations?

EDIT:
My PC spec -> Win 7 64-bit; Intel i7 950; 1GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM.

You might get a answer faster if you contact Origin support and ask. Have them call you though, you get someone from the US in my experience.

#2140 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Had to test to see if it works (and it does) but you can buy the Standard Steam version of Far Cry 3 and then buy the Deluxe DLC bundle from GG for $2 cheaper (if you have the Xmas 20% discount) which can be registered in-game but of course doesn't show as purchased in Steam. Not sure how many others want to do it this way but if you want to be a true CAG and are going to play the game now, it is an option.

Edited by Daykain, 22 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#2141 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Had to test to see if it works (and it does) but you can buy the Standard Steam version of Far Cry 3 and then buy the Deluxe DLC bundle from GG for $2 cheaper (if you have the Xmas 20% discount) which can be registered in-game but of course doesn't show as purchased in Steam. Not sure how many others want to do it this way but if you want to be a true CAG, it is an option.

I'm still waiting for the day where a CAG uses a combination of a glitch, Tony price match, some EC like event, a coupon, a partial previous refund, a split order with another CAG, a rebate, a console tradein, facebook, amazon and g+ account hookup and GG blue coins to save a $1 during the friday amazon game show. Now that will be a true CAGy day.

#2142 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'm still waiting for the day where a CAG uses a combination of a glitch, Tony price match, some EC like event, a coupon, a partial previous refund, a split order with another CAG, a rebate, a console tradein, facebook, amazon and g+ account hookup and GG blue coins to save a $1 during the friday amazon game show. Now that will be a true CAGy day.

Or like those extreme shopper shows. Where they have a negative balance the store has to pay back to the purchaser. Wait, this has probably already happened on here somewhere.
Posted Image

#2143 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Tony!

You had Lego LotR PM'd at 9.99 for a while because of impulse. It's still on sale there (and on Steam for a little more). Are you going to re-PM? Or do you have something else planned? :P

EDIT: Idk, I was thinking about PMing the BB error coupon ($50 off of $100) somewhere to get Amazon gift cards to use in conjunction with games on the EC promo that may or may not involve Tony PM's. Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Edited by RiseFromYourGrave, 23 January 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2144 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Posted Image

Or is it unlimited?

origin stuff doesn't have activation limits. It's account based so there's no need.

Based on the trouble I had with Crysis 1, these older games don't activate properly if you've changed origins default folder settings.
So if you have, go to the origin menu then application settings. Hit default next to downloaded games location. Run the game and activate it. Then you can go back and set the download location how you want again.

#2145 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Regretting buying Far Cry 3 on PC.. it's already crashed once. It's pretty, but it runs like a slideshow on anything other than low. No matter how many times I select that I want to control the game with a gamepad, it won't register.

Oh well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2146 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have a need to play Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed all of a sudden! Can tony provide a balm with some sort of deal?........( I know its not out quite yet, but forward thinking is never a bad thing)
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#2147 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I hope Microsoft will reply soon. I just cant wait :D

#2148 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Regretting buying Far Cry 3 on PC.. it's already crashed once. It's pretty, but it runs like a slideshow on anything other than low. No matter how many times I select that I want to control the game with a gamepad, it won't register.

Oh well.

That's an odd issue, I'd google it, I've been playing it all day with no problems. Got it at Very High settings and get between 70-110 fps.

#2149 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

But only at $10 before EC credit. Otherwise I'm not interested. ;);)
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2150 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Maybe MS hasn't responded because they're busy responding to Windows 8 fan mail.

#2151 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

But only at $10 before EC credit. Otherwise I'm not interested. ;);)

Yeah, me too dude. :lol: Only buying if that happens. I have too much games. So i can easily wait until summer sale8-)

Maybe MS hasn't responded because they're busy responding to Windows 8 fan mail.

haha yeah.. Im sure Fans are sending Emails saying " How TO create a "Start Menu" Button :lol:

#2152 baron calamity

baron calamity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

So if you have, go to the origin menu then application settings. Hit default next to downloaded games location. Run the game and activate it. Then you can go back and set the download location how you want again.

Stuff in Origin does have activation limits but a few minutes in live chat gets the limit reset.

That's a great idea about activation on older games. I'll have to try it.

#2153 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

right when i saw hitman back at 19.99 thought EC coupons would work but...nope

#2154 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

haha yeah.. Im sure Fans are sending Emails saying " How TO create a "Start Menu" Button :lol:

I have an answer for that lol :lol:

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#2155 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Haha, Ubisoft. Great work on the FC3 for Steam with coupon. Totally got that. Now give me an AC3 deal just like it (Steam, EC) and I'll snatch that up, too. You know you want to. You know we want you to. Just do it...

#2156 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Oh well.

your PC sucks

Far Cry 3 is a graphically-demanding game, and entry-level GPUs simply aren't fast enough to achieve playable performance.
Using the game's Low detail preset at 1280x720, the Radeon HD 6450 and GeForce 210 DDR3 are completely insufficient.

#2157 J0P4G3R1

J0P4G3R1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

What is / how do I apply the coupon?

Posted Image

#2158 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I have a need to play Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed all of a sudden! Can tony provide a balm with some sort of deal?........( I know its not out quite yet, but forward thinking is never a bad thing)

There's already a deal. 10% off (essentially pricematching Steam and GMG) + including a $5 video game credit. I can't wait to play it!
Posted Image

#2159 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Dear Microsoft,

We love Metro. Thank you. Start buttons are clunky and confusing. For too long, we had start buttons that were in the way of the convenience and clarity of no button at all. Buttons are a relic of the past like good customer service or programs that don't take up the entire screen. We must do away with these things and usher in a brave, bold new world where everything is bright and huge and scales poorly to higher resolution. We need Windows 8-ification of everything. Why does my damn TV remote have buttons? Why not just a touchpad and the on-screen display can offer us all the options we'll ever need? If I want to reduce the volume, I can just swipe in from the right, then slide over to a "charm" bar where "charms" (not buttons, buttons are a no-no), then tap on the volume, then slide it up to the level I want. Or if I want to change the channel, I should just swipe to the right from the left edge and then slide up until I find my channel.

This is so much better than buttons that do things instantly the moment I press them. Thank you, Microsoft. Your incredible UI engineering has developed the perfect solution to UI's and I honestly just don't know WHY everyone else has taken so long to realize the true beauty of the QWERTY keyboard. The QWERTY keyboard was set up the way it is to reduce typing effectiveness to help reduce typewriter jams. Microsoft has reproduced the spirit of this cleverness by helping to reduce mindjam. Our minds are so overloaded now with news, pr0nz, TV, movies, music, pr0nz, Oprah, Oprah interviewing someone guilty of something horrible we want to forgive to make ourselves feel better, pr0nz, violence, why we should ban something that has violence in it, pr0nz, pizza, and guns. Only Microsoft has the ingenuity to find a way to help clog up the works and get us to slowly, but surely, reduce our usage of devices to the bare minimum and give us time to prevent mindjam.

Indeed, the Microsoft tile UI does a great job of making just about everyone who uses it want to go away from their computer for long periods of time. It makes it so even the most seasoned Windows user will show up without a clue of how to shut their own computer down or how to start applications. It makes using a mouse and keyboard a second-rate way to use the OS, de-emphasizes the conventional application that can use multi-tasking (ie., The Enemy That Causes MindJam) in favor of apps that can be bi-tasked or thrown aside (ie., The Only Way to Combat MindJam) while taking up the entire screen, and manages to make search MORE complicated than it was in Windows 7 by forcing you to choose a category for what you want to search through after you've entered what you're searching for.

Microsoft could not possibly have done this without a reason, could they? Even when all their QA people were screaming at them that this was insane, that they couldn't stand it, that it was horrible beyond measure, that it would drive customers away, that a lot of users wouldn't bother to try it and of those that did many would go back to Windows 7, they persevered. They resisted the option to surrender or retreat to the conventional theory of the time. And even though they were forced into a long series of firings got rid of QA head after QA head until they found one guy name Larry (aren't they always named Larry?) who owned a Zune, Zune HD, Windows Phone 6.5, Windows Phone 7, and now Windows Phone 8, they knew they were right because Larry was such a catch. This is a man who owned an Xbox, Xbox 360, and a Dreamcast powered by Windows CE. He owned a tabletPC. Hell, he even owned WebTV and Microsoft Bob. His ISP was always MSN through dialup until the day they shut it down. The day MS bought Hotmail, he had every bit of his email transferred into it. He's been an Xbox Live Gold member for as long as it was possible to be, even before he even owned an original Xbox. He loved anything MS even glanced at. He didn't love WebTV until Microsoft bought them and then suddenly the horrible product that was became the incredible product that is. And this is the man they found to lead a group of like-minded Larry's (for they're always Larry, aren't they?) who wrote in glowing terms all the ways in which Windows 8 brought them joy and happiness.

That first Larry is going places inside Microsoft QA. Meanwhile, MS has warehouses full of oddly decorated boxes of Windows 8 not going places, but it's clearly not a problem with the product.

Because it's just like it was with Vista. The fault, dear Larry, is not in our tiles, but in ourselves.

#2160 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Tony, thoughts on the THQ auction?