Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2251 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Fingers crossed, but I don't have my hopes up. :-#

Microsoft works on Valve time, so we might see those deals next year or maybe the year after that, if we're lucky.

#2252 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Microsoft works on Valve time, so we might see those deals next year or maybe the year after that, if we're lucky.

You might be onto something; as Bellevue [Valve] and Redmond [Microsoft] are only about 10 minutes away from each other.
However, Seattle [Amazon] is only 30 minutes away, and they still manage to have a fast turnaround time.

Maybe we need to petition Valve to move their HQ to downtown Seattle. :bouncy:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#2253 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

FYI guys, I'm currently unsure how much longer we'll have THQ products up on the site.

If you're interested in a game we have on sale from them, I'd grab it, once I get the phone call to pull stuff down it will be down until all the ownership transfers happen.

Lastly, I don't have any information other that what has been posted publicly. This includes what is happening with Darksiders. I'm personally buying a couple of these packs and sending them to friends I know who like THQ stuff lol. I'm interested to see how much Darksiders and Darksiders II keys start going for on trading forums in like 6 months if no one buys Vigil.

Edit: Also, I think it is going to take us a VERY LONG TIME to get new keys when we run out of stuff. Again, no confirmation on this but I don't even know who to ask now lol.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2254 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I still thing it sucks big time we will have to wait years upon years before we see DS3, if at all.

It's only about two weeks until Dead Space 3.:booty:

#2255 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

It's only about two weeks until Dead Space 3.:booty:

Or a few years until Dark Souls 3....

:lol:

#2256 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Hence why I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

Edit: Also, I think it is going to take us a VERY LONG TIME to get new keys when we run out of stuff. Again, no confirmation on this but I don't even know who to ask now lol.

I think this was asked a month or so ago, but just to be clear:
are keys allocated to a customer's account when they complete a purchase or when they click the get key button?
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98).

#2257 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Can't wait til 2020 when I put the last ever Steam key for DSII up on ebay. I'm expecting a milli at least.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2258 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hence why I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

I think this was asked a month or so ago, but just to be clear:
are keys allocated to a customer's account when they complete a purchase or when they click the get key button?

In the previous thread Tony said they were allocated at purchase except in rare cases where the games were bought too quickly for the site to update and say sold out.

#2259 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

FYI guys, I'm currently unsure how much longer we'll have THQ products up on the site.

Spoiler

I see through you're diabolical marketing plan...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2260 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

If you're interested in a game we have on sale from them, I'd grab it, once I get the phone call to pull stuff down it will be down until all the ownership transfers happen.

Lastly, I don't have any information other that what has been posted publicly. This includes what is happening with Darksiders. I'm personally buying a couple of these packs and sending them to friends I know who like THQ stuff lol. I'm interested to see how much Darksiders and Darksiders II keys start going for on trading forums in like 6 months if no one buys Vigil.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the Head's Up.

Question: If I buy a pack to have on hand for future trading purposes, but I don't claim the key right away, (which I like to do with keys that haven't been used so I know that they are still unused) will I have any trouble claiming a key 6 months from now?

EDIT: I see that a similar question was asked by Detruire

#2261 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I know it's a little harder to do, but anyone concerned about your keys - show them and write them down or copy them into a word document. Amazon lists it's keys by date so you should tell which ones are unused based on the date and then just keep track of them after that. Just saves all this worry about "will my keys be there if I don't show them."

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2262 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the Head's Up.

Question: If I buy a pack to have on hand for future trading purposes, but I don't claim the key right away, (which I like to do with keys that haven't been used so I know that they are still unused) will I have any trouble claiming a key 6 months from now?

EDIT: I see that a similar question was asked by Detruire

? I don't understand the question, we deliver keys when you purchase them, the button is only there for security and fraud prevention purposes.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2263 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Stupid Microsoft needs to reply right now.

#2264 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

? I don't understand the question, we deliver keys when you purchase them, the button is only there for security and fraud prevention purposes.

Cheers,
Tony

He is asking if the games from the pack will still availible after all is said and done with the THQ business.

Edited by T1BillionX, 23 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#2265 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Cheers,
Tony

On some websites (GamersGate comes to mind), they apparently have a pool of keys for each game that comes with a key. When you buy the game, you're buying the right to claim a key. But you don't actually get a key until you click on the button to get your key. After you click on the "get key" button, there is a 2 or 3 second delay as the website goes to the pool of keys and plucks one out for you. Gamersgate ran into a bit of trouble recently when they ran out of keys. So when people went to claim their key(s), the pool of keys had apparently run out. They've spent the past month trying to reacquire keys to fulfill the orders.

I assumed that it worked the same way on Amazon since there is a similar 2 or 3 second delay when you click on the "view product key" button and the page reloads with your key revealed. I assumed that it was grabbing a key from the pool of keys that you have set aside for that game. I didn't realize that keys are assigned to each purchase the instant that you buy a game.

#2266 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

On some websites (GamersGate comes to mind), they apparently have a pool of keys for each game that comes with a key. When you buy the game, you're buying the right to claim a key. But you don't actually get a key until you click on the button to get your key. After you click on the "get key" button, there is a 2 or 3 second delay as the website goes to the pool of keys and plucks one out for you. Gamersgate ran into a bit of trouble recently when they ran out of keys and when people went to claim their key(s). The pool of keys had apparently run out. They've spent the past month trying to reacquire keys to fulfill the orders.

I assumed that it worked the same way on Amazon since there is a similar 2 or 3 second delay when you click on the "view product key" button and the page reloads with your key revealed. I assumed that it was grabbing a key from the pool of keys that you have set aside for that game. I didn't realize that keys are assigned to each purchase the instant that you buy a game.

Ah yeah my bad, nope we assign keys at time of purchase. Again the only exception being the rare case when we're selling more than XXX units/second and our system doesn't realize that it charged you but didn't have a key to give out. This has happened exactly twice in the time I've been here (18 months).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2267 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

not to sound overly simplistic, but if you bought the bundle and couldn't get the games, NO MATTER WHEN YOU TRIED TO REDEEM THEM, wouldn't Amazon be guilty of stealing your money?

if the counter-argument is all this auction business might void the keys, Amazon knew fully well the auction would take place yesterday and still went forward with the deal. i'm guessing they know how Steam deals with games with non-existent publishers.

#2268 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

That's good to know. Thanks Tony.

#2269 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Stupid Microsoft needs to reply right now.

I'm telling you, I NEED to know that these bundles will happen. I already own most of the games in question, but deals like this, shit... I must HAVE!!!

#2270 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ah yeah my bad, nope we assign keys at time of purchase. Again the only exception being the rare case when we're selling more than XXX units/second and our system doesn't realize that it charged you but didn't have a key to give out. This has happened exactly twice in the time I've been here (18 months).

Cheers,
Tony

18 Months!? It feels like years Tony. :D Were you in a different position prior to that time or not at Amazon at all?

#2271 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Ugh...Thanks Tony. I regret not hopping on the Darksiders II stuff earlier.

#2272 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Make a new empty folder in your C:\Program Files (x86) and name it "Origin Games" .

I got this message when I reinstalled Crysis (redownloaded actually... so retarded!) and that was an easy but stupid fix.

I pretty much fixed my issue w/ Madden constantly wanting to activate online by doing this to Madden NFL 08 shortcut:
Set it to run in Compatibility Mode for Win XP SP3;
checked both boxes that Disable Aero features (Desktop Composition and Visual Themes);
and Ran it in Admin Mode.

This often can help fix silly issues; make old games run; and all of that jazz.
I should've thought of it sooner.

#2273 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hmmm, just remembered I have a pending pre-order for South Park. I used the $5 THQ pre order credit from like months ago. Will my order just be cancelled and I'll have to wait until it gets relisted under Ubisoft?

I would assume so especially since my pre order was for a Steamworks version. Not sure what Ubisoft is planning to do with it.

#2274 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Given they don't actually own the license or developer, I can't imagine them being too excited to shove Uplay into it. They seem to do that mainly with IPs they own totally. Stuff produced by outside devs have been Steamworks from ubisoft before (like RUSE, Mad Riders, etc).

#2275 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Looks like their sale stuff is finally up for the US

arkham city goty - 10
bf3 - 12$
crysis - 10
crysis2 - 12
DAO ultimate - 10
TSW - 10, figured that might interest some people
BF bad company 2 - 7$, just throwing that one out there since some people were asking about it earlier

Theres a ton more, thats just from their 'popular' section

@TONY
Not sure if Tony will match this...

For the hell of it:
Tony, you gonna match, beat, or even come close to what Origin is doing w/ TSW for $10 (until Jan 28th)?

#2276 oipic

oipic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ugh...Thanks Tony. I regret not hopping on the Darksiders II stuff earlier.

Same - I always thought there would be 'another day' to grab Darksiders II, so let it pass for now due to a hefty backlog. I really enjoyed the first game, and despite its supposed faults, I'm still looking forward to (hopefully!) picking up the sequel one day. I have almost everything else in the pack, though, so yep, we need another DS franchise sale please. :)

Sad day for THQ, I've thoroughly enjoyed most of their recent output. I hope all concerned land safely on their feet.

#2277 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Gone...:cry:

Vigil was not sold, so it will no longer exist (as it did w/THQ at least).

What the hell? Darksiders would have been a much better buy than Homefront.

#2278 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hmmm, just remembered I have a pending pre-order for South Park. I used the $5 THQ pre order credit from like months ago. Will my order just be cancelled and I'll have to wait until it gets relisted under Ubisoft?

I would assume so especially since my pre order was for a Steamworks version. Not sure what Ubisoft is planning to do with it.

Can't help you with how the pre-order is gonna be handled, but the speculation over on NeoGAF is that it's too late for them to change South Park over to a Uplay game and that it will probably remain a steamworks title. Of course they could be wrong, but I kinda agree with that thought. The game is basically done at this point.

EDIT: Yeah, and there's what Corpekata said too.

#2279 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Too late? They could simply delay it just for that specific purpose. I would be shocked if Ubisoft went with it being Steamworks but I guess stranger things have happened.

#2280 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm in the same situation there, I'm just hoping Ubisoft will leave it alone and release it as a Steamworks title but that seems unlikely. Only time will tell I suppose, I would like to keep the pre order if it remains a Steamworks title.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler