Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2281 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

What the hell? Darksiders would have been a much better buy than Homefront.

Darksiders on Cry Engine 3!! But Homefront could be a good game, just depend on the developer vision. Of Course is sad to see Darksiders disappear.

#2282 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Problem there is [as others have brought up], THQ earlier in 2012 hired CryteK to develop Homefront2. I had a feeling CryteK would try to acquire HF2, not only to capitalize on the franchise, but [imo] to ensure their hardwork and efforts don't go unpaid.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#2283 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Buying Homefront over Darksiders doesn't have anything to do with what good IPs they are or aren't. Homefront 2 was in development for a year already. It's a small investment for Crytek to finish their work. Darksiders 3, on the other hand, was not in development and would be a huge investment money wise for a game that would be several years away, especially since Joe Mads, the creative vision behind the franchise left THQ months ago.

#2284 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Who knows, maybe ZeniMax will buy up Vigil and DS IP. Since they lost their bid, seems like they should have some petty cash lying around.

#2285 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Buying Homefront over Darksiders doesn't have anything to do with what good IPs they are or aren't. Homefront 2 was in development for a year already. It's a small investment for Crytek to finish their work. Darksiders 3, on the other hand, was not in development and would be a huge investment money wise for a game that would be several years away, especially since Joe Mads, the creative vision behind the franchise left THQ months ago.

Good point.

#2286 Mindestens

Mindestens

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Oh come on, I wanted to buy You Don't Know Jack with the next Amazon sale... It's not even available on Steam in my region :(.

I have to get Red Faction II and MX vs ATV Reflex somehow fast, can't say I care that much about Nexuiz and World of Zoo...

#2287 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well I doubt Tony will match Crysis since Amazon will have Crysis (1, Warhead, Wars) Max + Crysis 2 Max for $18 ($13 after EC) on Friday (per the OP). Thanks for the head-ups on on the Origin sale hitting US shores (nothing really compelling about it expect TSW which I already Amazon'd).

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2288 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I know it's a little harder to do, but anyone concerned about your keys - show them and write them down or copy them into a word document. Amazon lists it's keys by date so you should tell which ones are unused based on the date and then just keep track of them after that. Just saves all this worry about "will my keys be there if I don't show them."

Relevant:

Edit: less cryptic version.

Edited by Detruire, 24 January 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#2289 pablo9000

pablo9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

oh man, if TSW gets matched + coupon, I'll have to buy a copy for like everyone I know

#2290 ars9876

ars9876

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I think the Darksiders set was significantly more expensive also. This company thinks they can turn a profit on Homefront after purchase cost. They were not sure or did not have the capital to invest/gamble on Darksiders.

#2291 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

oh man, if TSW gets matched + coupon, I'll have to buy a copy for like everyone I know

Doubtful, as it is already set to be on sale on 1/31.

Spoiler

#2292 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm buying up all the Darksiders II DLC. In eight months, I'll start selling Mortis shields and Van der Schmash Hammers for $30 a pop!

#2293 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Looks like their sale stuff is finally up for the US

arkham city goty - 10
bf3 - 12$
crysis - 10
crysis2 - 12
DAO ultimate - 10
TSW - 10, figured that might interest some people
BF bad company 2 - 7$, just throwing that one out there since some people were asking about it earlier

Theres a ton more, thats just from their 'popular' section

Definitely, recommend TSW!

WWE? I can live with that.

Me too.

You might be onto something; as Bellevue [Valve] and Redmond [Microsoft] are only about 10 minutes away from each other.
However, Seattle [Amazon] is only 30 minutes away, and they still manage to have a fast turnaround time.

Maybe we need to petition Valve to move their HQ to downtown Seattle. :bouncy:

I think it's the coffee.

In fact, I bet you can't move far near Amazon HQ without running in a coffee shop or five (oh hell they probably have a few on site) .

Poor Vigil and Darksiders :( I'm glad I bought the pack last month.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2294 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

TSW is published by EA, therefore the Origin sale is a publisher sale and Amazon doesn't match publisher sales.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2295 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

LMAO....and with all this talk about THQ stuff I just won SR2 off of Steamgifts. 2nd win this week!!!!!

#2296 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well I doubt Tony will match Crysis since Amazon will have Crysis (1, Warhead, Wars) Max + Crysis 2 Max for $18 ($13 after EC) on Friday (per the OP). Thanks for the head-ups on on the Origin sale hitting US shores (nothing really compelling about it expect TSW which I already Amazon'd).

Well also keep in mind what i threw up there was only a small sampling, they have alot of other stuff. Picked up bf2142 since it seemed interesting and I doubt would go on sale anywhere else anytime soon, but they have some sports and racing and other things in there

Just didnt want anyone to think what I posted was the full list, just gotta go check your origin store

#2297 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

The only thing Amazon ever MIGHT pricematch on Origin is non-EA games. Even then, we've never seen it happen.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2298 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I think Crytek will release homefront 2 as a Originworks title :bow: Praise EA coz Thats gonna happen one way or another :lol:

#2299 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I think Crytek will release homefront 2 as a Originworks title :bow: Praise EA coz Thats gonna happen one way or another :lol:

Depends on if Crytek is now fully-owned by EA or if they're just still part of the EA Partners Program....

#2300 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Well also keep in mind what i threw up there was only a small sampling, they have alot of other stuff. Picked up bf2142 since it seemed interesting and I doubt would go on sale anywhere else anytime soon, but they have some sports and racing and other things in there

Just didnt want anyone to think what I posted was the full list, just gotta go check your origin store

I strolled through the several pages of sale on origin. Most games have been cheaper many times before. That is the cheapest TSW price (barring a ~$6 GMG price back in Nov when it still was $15/mo). The old Battlefields don't go on sale much, but those look like repeat prices.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2301 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I would think CryteK is independent of EA [and they are the last time I checked], as I couldn't see THQ hiring an EA owned developer to make a game.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#2302 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

So, I guess I now own a bunch of Koch Media games. Weird, because I didn't know they existed before today (though I do also own Dead Island :P)
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#2303 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Following THQ’s auction of its assets, the new homes of THQ franchises are slowly being revealed. Koch Media, Take-Two, Ubisoft and SEGA are among the potential new owners of THQ’s intellectual property and studios.
It's worth noting that all of these sales are pending approval from U.S. bankruptcy court and nothing is finalized yet. A hearing is currently underway in Delaware.

• SEGA has agreed to purchase Relic, developer of Company of Heroes 2 and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.

• Koch Media (owner of Dead Island publisher Deep Silver) has agreed to purchase Saints Row developer Volition as well as the publishing rights to the Metro franchise. (Update: According to a statement issued by Koch, "Deep Silver, Koch Media’s international publishing powerhouse, will lead all further development and marketing on the Saints Row and Metro franchises." The statement added that "Koch Media and Deep Silver will roll out future plans for each franchise in the coming months.")

• Crytek, who is currently developing Homefront 2, has purchased the rights to the Homefront franchise.

• Take-Two (parent company of 2K and Rockstar) has agreed to purchase Turtle Rock Studios’ project codenamed Evolve. (Update: While Take Two was initially rumored to have acquired Darksiders publisher Vigil, it has since been revealed that this isn't the case)

According to Distressed Debt Investing, Ubisoft paid $3.2 million for South Park and $2.5 million for THQ Montreal, Koch Media paid $5.8 million for Metro and $22.3 million for Volition and Crytek paid $500,000 for Homefront. No bids were placed for Vigil.
Polygon reports that SEGA bid $26.6 million for Relic, and a second-place bid came from Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media, who offered $26.3 million. The site also reports that Take-Two paid $10.8 million for Evolve, with a second place bid for $250,000 coming from Turtle Rock itself.
Many THQ employees, meanwhile, report having lost their jobs via social networks.
Assets including Darksiders studio Vigil and have not been acquired. The future home of the WWE franchise has yet to be disclosed, though IGN sources suggest Take-Two will purchase the license.

QUOTE from IGN :D

#2304 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

So, I guess I now own a bunch of Koch Media games. Weird, because I didn't know they existed before today (though I do also own Dead Island :P)

I think that's because in video games they go by Deep Silver label. I had no clue what Koch Media was, but I have heard about Deep Silver.

#2305 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I think that's because in video games they go by Deep Silver label. I had no clue what Koch Media was, but I have heard about Deep Silver.

Like people owning more ZeniMax games than they're probably aware of.

#2306 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Depends on if Crytek is now fully-owned by EA or if they're just still part of the EA Partners Program....

I think it will be easier for crytek to give Homefront to EA to publish Homefront . since EA publishing like all the games developed from Crytek, it can happen though. we dont know whats going on behind the curton. Im just guessing it. Ww dont know who's behind the purchase of Homefront 2. Maybe EA Told crytek to buy it coz of these all negativity feedback going on for EA ;)

Yeah yeah ,I know I know ...no need to clap, im a genius haha :lol:

#2307 Cheapnut

Cheapnut

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Argh... I need a repeat sales of Dawn of war pack.:cry:

THQ mega pack ISNT FULL PACk how the heck I wanna buy it? and I own half of them. lol

#2308 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think it will be easier for crytek to give Homefront to EA to publish Homefront . since EA publishing like all the games developed from Crytek, it can happen though. we dont know whats going on behind the curton. Im just guessing it. Ww dont know who's behind the purchase of Homefront 2. Maybe EA Told crytek to buy it coz of these all negativity feedback going on for EA ;)

Yeah yeah ,I know I know ...no need to clap, im a genius haha :lol:

Well Crytek can do the same TSW developer did, publish Retail/Origin version with EA and self publish on steam, and you open a big window of possible buyers.

#2309 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Crytek isn't owned by EA. Warface, Ryse, and Homefront 2 were all being made and none with EA as a publisher.

#2310 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Keep in mind, the Crytek UK division (formerly Free Radical Design - AKA the Timesplitters development company) was already rumored to be working on Homefront 2...