Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2521 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hrm. I might need one more coupon. I think I have 2 left - The Darkness II and the Arcade pack - but that AoEIII Pack is tempting. Not sure why, I doubt I'll ever play it, but still....

#2522 RavenHD

RavenHD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Already been addressed... as recently as a post quoting him at the top of this page. As far as Steam, yes they are -- you could have found that out by looking at the store pages.

By why would he do that when you'll just answer all his questions and do the leg work instead? 8-)

Sorry, guys. I read the thread on a daily basis, but I missed that info. That is why I asked. :)

#2523 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Can we get a fast rehash sale on Darksiders Franchise again, before it is deleted from everywhere? How could no one buy this particular franchise, it puzzles me a lot really.....

#2524 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Can we get a fast rehash sale on Darksiders Franchise again, before it is deleted from everywhere? How could no one buy this particular franchise, it puzzles me a lot really.....

I think everybody bought the franchise pack for themselves. You can try on the Steam Trade Thread though.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#2525 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Tony,

Thanks for the second chance at MP3
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2526 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I didn't mind GFWL until I decided to finally mod Fallout 3 to get rid of the annoying engine hiccups and found out I couldn't use my save data anymore because GFWL thinks I'm cheating (and this is a single player game). Contrast that with New Vegas where the same fixes need to be applied due to the fact the engine is not very good, where I don't have the issue when GFWL is not involved.

I bet you've cheated at solitaire too. Such moral depravity. :lol:

No, we can't. THQ's assets are in the process of being transferred to new owners. There is no one to negotiate a sale with atm. When the new owners legally receive the properties, Amazon will have to negotiate with them to even continue selling those games. Amazon can have their permission to sell former THQ games pulled at at any moment now.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2527 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anyway I might use a voucher on Fable and AoE and buy the indie bundle without voucher because it's worth it. I know it works out the same any which way but in my head - it matters. :D

If you care to save a few bucks, you can probably either find someone to buy the stuff for you and send you the keys for a small fee (< $5) and some people with tons of coupons have offered to help out for free as well so those are options if you want to save some $$.

#2528 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Nobody bought Darksiders, so I wonder what will happen with digital distribution

fs_overall.png

#2529 ars9876

ars9876

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Agree, If you want THQ stuff, get it NOW. While they still have keys. In most cases, keys have to be generated and are sold in bulk to a store/web site. Those that Amazon has sold will be honored. However, those that amazon is holding as unsold could be ordered back to the new owner. If you want it this year, order soon. It could take all year for the new owner to get these games back on the market.

#2530 Cheapnut

Cheapnut

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Darksiders isnt really that great IMO compared to those relic titles + metro + Saint row.

#2531 ghostmayhem

ghostmayhem

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

darn was really hoping we could use coupon on LOTR,
OH WELL

#2532 Blips

Blips

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think everybody bought the franchise pack for themselves. You can try on the Steam Trade Thread though.

You could also check ebay. Search for Darksiders Franchise. There's a few up there (like 3) and most people aren't asking for exorbitant prices yet, around $20.

#2533 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

got my MP3. now deciding if I should get the season pass now or later.... :\

#2534 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

You could also check ebay. Search for Darksiders Franchise. There's a few up there (like 3) and most people aren't asking for exorbitant prices yet, around $20.

Considering that it was going for ~$8 on Amazon after coupon....

Selling a Steam gift/tradeable copy of: Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98)

#2535 n0id

n0id

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Until when's the 2k sale again?

I also would like to know when the 2k sale ends, so i can determine what to get :)

#2536 chuffhoncho

chuffhoncho

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Considering that it was going for ~$8 on Amazon after coupon....

And what are they selling it for now? I'd guess quite a bit more than $20.

#2537 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Darksiders isnt really that great IMO compared to those relic titles + metro + Saint row.

I don't think it didn't get picked up because of how good it is because it's a good franchise that's pretty easy to pick up and work with due to the way that each game was supposed to have you playing as a different protagonist. Each one could be very different from the last and it would fit into the franchise. War for the first one, Death for the second one, then you have 2 more Horsemen to use for their own games, and then the finale one with all of them.

I'm thinking it didn't get picked up because the cost of that franchise is just too much for its worth. DS2 is the game that THQ put too much pressure on hoping that it would be the game that dug them out of their hole. DS2 sold well, but because it sold nowhere near what THQ needed it too it makes DS2 look like it's not worth picking up.

The only way Darksiders is getting picked up is if THQ sells it off cheap because there are people interested in picking it up, but they aren't going to pay a lot for a franchise that's going to possibly eat up a lot of money. At this point it's a just sell it off so it can live instead of letting it sink with the ship. Man I hope it doesn't sink with the ship. I'm invested into the Darksiders story. I must finish it.

#2538 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Assassin's Creed III is $30 on Impulsedriven (Gamestop) for a daily deal. Any chance of seeing a PM bringing it to $25 with EC. I own it but just throwing it out there as I know some people were looking for a deal on this game.

http://www.impulsedr...affid=dailydeal

Seconded. I already bought the Far Cry 3 Steam with one of my EC. PM the Impulse pricing for AC3 and I'll pick it up, too. Make it a Steam version and I love you long time. :D

Tony I noticed that Dark Souls went couple of hours ago again cheap with the coupon applicable. Sadly it reverted to original price after some time. Any chance you can get it back as with 2k packages that appeared now? Please? :)

Seconded.

#2539 Blips

Blips

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

And what are they selling it for now? I'd guess quite a bit more than $20.

Some are selling it for $20, which surprised me since the future of the franchise and its availability is definitely uncertain right now. Others are already ask around $55 for it though.

#2540 Flunkie

Flunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

If anyone has a spare MX vs ATV key from the THQ Mega Pack, I'll buy it off of you.

#2541 EvilInside

EvilInside

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why i can't use the coupon on Season pass for Max payne 3 ?? :(

#2542 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Tony

Any chance to see all the dlc for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on a bundle?

Thank you!

#2543 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I also would like to know when the 2k sale ends, so i can determine what to get :)

What 2K sale are you guys talking about? I can't search for it and I must have missed the post.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that they have a bunch of discounted games.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2544 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I pre-ordered The Cave and didn't get that $5 credit. Or any e-mails about it.

Considering the last time I contacted Amazon customer service they were quite inept and jerked me around (instant refund given, stripped me of all my Dawn of War bundle keys, not what I asked for) and Tony didn't respond to my PM when I tried to get help, I'm going to post in the thread here.

What should I be doing?

#2545 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Tony

Thank you!

There is no one to ask on THQ's side about this, or any of the requests people are making because they are basically gone as a company. As Tony mentioned upthread, if you want ANY THQ items, buy them now, because he could get a call at any moment and have to pull the products from being sold.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2546 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Considering the last time I contacted Amazon customer service they were quite inept and jerked me around (instant refund given, stripped me of all my Dawn of War bundle keys) and Tony didn't respond to my PM when I tried to get help, I'm going to post in the thread here.

What should I be doing?

Wasn't that game released just yesterday? The promo box says "Credit will be delivered 2-3 days after the product is released or ready for pre-load." So doesn't Amazon have another 2 days before they miss their stated credit-issuing window?

Edited by Razorfish, 24 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.
grammar

#2547 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Tony

Thank you!

It's all multiplayer, and multiplayer for that game is pretty empty. You can reliably find a match on the non-DLC playlist, but on the DLC playlist you're going to be sitting there a while unless there's a clan queuing up for the DLC playlist. For that reason, I'd say don't worry about the DLC.

Also, Steam had Space Marine and all the DLC for $7.49 during the winter sale.

#2548 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

There is no one to ask on THQ's side about this, or any of the requests people are making because they are basically gone as a company. As Tony mentioned upthread, if you want ANY THQ items, buy them now, because he could get a call at any moment and have to pull the products from being sold.

OMG I didn't knew that, thank you bro

It's all multiplayer, and multiplayer for that game is pretty empty. You can reliably find a match on the non-DLC playlist, but on the DLC playlist you're going to be sitting there a while unless there's a clan queuing up for the DLC playlist. For that reason, I'd say don't worry about the DLC.

Also, Steam had Space Marine and all the DLC for $7.49 during the winter sale.

But do you remember what happened to Red Faction Guerilla on Steam? It was removed, so I think that at some time this will happen to all THQ games and DLC :(

#2549 targetbsp

targetbsp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Considering the last time I contacted Amazon customer service they were quite inept and jerked me around (instant refund given, stripped me of all my Dawn of War bundle keys, not what I asked for) and Tony didn't respond to my PM when I tried to get help, I'm going to post in the thread here.

What should I be doing?

What credits are these for? This EC sale or something else? I thought the EC credits were only available on purchases until the end of December?
If they are EC credits then I'll buy my copy of The Cave from Amazon I guess as I need another EC credit!

or is it a general $5 off anything? Which will do just as well I guess! :D

#2550 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

But do you remember what happened to Red Faction Guerilla on Steam? It was removed, so I think that at some time this will happen to all THQ games and DLC :(

An even better reason why you shouldn't worry about the DLC. If it gets taken off Steam the multiplayer will essentially be shot in the face. No matter how empty the multiplayer is, it will essentially be dead if the game is not being sold anymore.

What credits are these for? This EC sale or something else? I thought the EC credits were only available on purchases until the end of December?
If they are EC credits then I'll buy my copy of The Cave from Amazon I guess as I need another EC credit!

Credit for pre-ordering. It's not EC credit, it's video game credit for use at Amazon on video games.