Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2611 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Why oh why? I've successfully resisted The Sims for 13 years, but now I feel tempted to give The Sims 3 a try for $7.50 on Amazon. What have you CAGs done to me? ;)

Too bad Sims 3 isn't on the EC List!

#2612 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

No...

It was like this:
Posted Image

And after my order, I tried again (but didn't re-purchase), and it still showed as it free:
http://i.imgur.com/MbOHDYc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0hIPy33.jpg

So I'm not sure if the system fluked with my order or if they were changing the price at the exact time when I was completing the order. But I already sent Amazon CS a message, hope they fix this for me :)

yeah happened to me too after a long process i was eventually charged
thing in my case I gave key first and checked receipt after:lol:
being greedy8-) I was punished
anyway grabbed 4 and made 3 friends happy so it was worth 5 bucks
but definitely i can confirm this happened

#2613 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

For the THQ bundle is there an order I should redeem the Steam keys in? I sorta remember something being said about the Supreme Commander games but I can't find it on the thread anymore.

#2614 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

For the THQ bundle is there an order I should redeem the Steam keys in? I sorta remember something being said about the Supreme Commander games but I can't find it on the thread anymore.

My (retail) key for the base game unlocked Forged Alliance as well in steam. I tried activating the Forged Alliance key separately but it didn't recognize it at all, so no sharing the keys.

I'm not sure if the DD keys work the same though.

#2615 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

yeah happened to me too after a long process i was eventually charged
thing in my case I gave key first and checked receipt after:lol:
being greedy8-) I was punished
anyway grabbed 4 and made 3 friends happy so it was worth 5 bucks
but definitely i can confirm this happened

Oh, you... 8-)

In my case I just got one copy because I don't have the game, wanted it for myself. $5 is not a bad price, but I didn't get it for cheaper before, so I would not get if for $5.

It did take a while to process my order, looked like a bit longer than usual from my past experience, so that's why I think it was a fluke.

#2616 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yup. They start on Sunday and run through Saturday. Presumably they won't extend the coupons through to the end of the week, so it would be a good idea to buy before the end of the month if you plan to use a coupon.

Here are the Microsoft offers again for those who might have forgotten:

Offer #1 is an Arcade bundle for $9.99 pre-coupon containing:
Deadlight
Toy Soldiers
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja

Offer #2 is a Fable bundle for $9.99 pre-coupon containing:
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Fable III
Plus Fable III DLC

Offer #3 is Age of Empires III Complete Collection for $9.99 pre-coupon

Additionally, all games will be available for 75% off. But they wont's be listed individually (besides AoE) on the EC list. So you wont be able to stack the coupons on the games outside of the bundles.

wow, glad i didnt burn my last coupon on the thq bundle. i am going for offer 1.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#2617 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Historically SC at some point activated SC + SC:FA. SC:FA at some point activated SC + SC:FA. Sometimes not. The report I recall in the last week was not clear as to what happened.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2618 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Tony,

GMG has viking battle for asgard for around $3.00 post coupon. Are you planning anything special with SEGA for the coming month or so? And any chance you can pitch the viking game to be a standalone sale vs. something they keep bundling with all the total war games?

thanks!

#2619 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Oh, you... 8-)

In my case I just got one copy because I don't have the game, wanted it for myself. $5 is not a bad price, but I didn't get it for cheaper before, so I would not get if for $5.

It did take a while to process my order, looked like a bit longer than usual from my past experience, so that's why I think it was a fluke.

If I buy it, in a few weeks you will see me posting asking Tony for a sale on the Katy Perry DLC. lmao

#2620 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Wow, Amazon CS already answered.
They will refund the order, return the EC coupon and add credit $4.99 promotional credit. So I'm still able to repurchase Hotline Miami without any charges.
Even if it was just for $5 the solution given by Amazon is fantastic! It's not the money that plays the main role here, but the quick response and full resolution. A company that knows how to run their business and keep customers happy and loyal!

Customers usually vent their opinions and feeback only when they have problems with the companies, but we have to praise when the companies act with respect.

#2621 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well, they're not GamersGate :)

#2622 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Only one coupon left and going to get the Mega Pack, too bad I would've liked to get both AoE and the Indie bundle.

#2623 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

In regards to Amazon customer service, they are by far the best customer service I have ever used. Whenever I have a problem they almost always fix it immediately and give some sort of promo credit for my trouble if I got screwed over by something. How can you ask for better?

#2624 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Historically SC at some point activated SC + SC:FA. SC:FA at some point activated SC + SC:FA. Sometimes not. The report I recall in the last week was not clear as to what happened.

My (retail) key for the base game unlocked Forged Alliance as well in steam. I tried activating the Forged Alliance key separately but it didn't recognize it at all, so no sharing the keys.

I'm not sure if the DD keys work the same though.

Well, I guess I'll just try activating SC and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
No other weirdness I should know about? lol

#2625 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Which is why saying "it no longer comes with the DLC" is inaccurate, since it never was supposed to come with the DLC, and most(?) people didn't get that.

No, it's still an accurate statement, since it does not contain the content like it did before, however since the content wasn't advertised it shouldn't be a deal breaker at all. But, that's just my personal opinion. I bought it without the "additional" content and I'm fully satisfied with my purchase.

#2626 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Tony,

Couldn't find this in the thread: Is there likely to be a Crusader Kings II deal before the end of the month? That would be the only thing that might divert my precious coupon away from Microsoft Offer #1.

#2627 at8mistakes

at8mistakes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, I guess I'll just try activating SC and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
No other weirdness I should know about? lol

Only wierdness I noticed was what happened to the SC series. If you loved TA expect to love SC as well, but expect to be disappointed in SC2.

#2628 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Ugh...really want the Darksiders II stuff but own most of the stuff on the THQ pack and the trade thread is flooded with THQ leftovers so might be tough to recoup some of the cost.....fretting what to do what to do.

#2629 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ugh...really want the Darksiders II stuff but own most of the stuff on the THQ pack and the trade thread is flooded with THQ leftovers so might be tough to recoup some of the cost.....fretting what to do what to do.

Yeah, there's just too much stuff from the pack that I already have to justify getting it. I would end up trying to pawn of the keys, and with trade being flooded with the same stuff I would just be sitting on keys.

#2630 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, there's just too much stuff from the pack that I already have to justify getting it. I would end up trying to pawn of the keys, and with trade being flooded with the same stuff I would just be sitting on keys.

Tony basicly instructed us to speculate on the future value of Darksiders keys this morning.
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#2631 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Well depending on what you guys are looking to get from the pack, you might wanna consider buying instead of selling keys. You probably wont find any copies of MX vs ATV, but you should be able to grab most of the rest for reasonable prices.

#2632 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Tony,

Couldn't find this in the thread: Is there likely to be a Crusader Kings II deal before the end of the month? That would be the only thing that might divert my precious coupon away from Microsoft Offer #1.

No news as of yet. I'm in the same boat as you...
Posted Image

#2633 megahunter

megahunter

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

TONY - any chance of getting balances acquired from mturk to be usable on digital downloads? Its an easy way to get a few bucks fast when there's one of those great deals running but you're short on cash...

It's already the case. ;) Transfer money from your MTurk account to your Amazon balance and it will be used on your next purchase.

#2634 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

It's so obnoxious that this shit isn't in the OP. Unless you happen to catch a deal mentioned on page 78, you'll have no idea until the damn thing is live. C'mon, man. Keep the OP up to date.

#2635 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Wow, Amazon CS already answered.
They will refund the order, return the EC coupon and add credit $4.99 promotional credit. So I'm still able to repurchase Hotline Miami without any charges.
Even if it was just for $5 the solution given by Amazon is fantastic! It's not the money that plays the main role here, but the quick response and full resolution. A company that knows how to run their business and keep customers happy and loyal!

Customers usually vent their opinions and feeback only when they have problems with the companies, but we have to praise when the companies act with respect.

Oh yeah, definitely have had all good experiences with Amazon CS. I once had purchased an album from the MP3 store then realized after clicking buy that I had an old card still on my account. I called to get that purchase corrected, and the rep gave me the purchase for free instead. Wasn't expecting that at all.

#2636 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I wish they would bring KOA back or one or two other games.

#2637 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well depending on what you guys are looking to get from the pack, you might wanna consider buying instead of selling keys. You probably wont find any copies of MX vs ATV, but you should be able to grab most of the rest for reasonable prices.

Why is everyone after MX v ATV ?

#2638 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Microsoft bundles are Origin? Or direct download?

Edit: Nvm. See they're STeam.

#2639 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Why is everyone after MX v ATV ?

It's probably the only interesting game left for some people. We did a pretty good job of vulturing THQ's catalog before they went down. ;)

76561198039756693.png

#2640 Ygh9RbNaijteh

Ygh9RbNaijteh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Microsoft bundles are Origin? Or direct download?

Edit: Nvm. See they're STeam.

Steam.

Edit: Ah, you already saw it yourself.