Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2851 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

You buy it when it goes live on 1/27.

You had to purchase something from Amazon PCDD from 11/16-ish to 12/31.

Ty sir. That is an amazing deal

#2852 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hurrah! The Sims 3 is back up to $30 (from $7.50). I managed to make it through that sale with my purity intact :lol: If EC applied, I'd be screwed.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2853 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes. And they better get working on it or that guy that beats orphans with SlimJims is going to start beating elves with them instead.

found an ammo depot for you
Posted Image

Also, what happened to THQ?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2854 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I know I'd be fine with buying the Fable bundle even if the keys weren't actually added for a few days...

yea, i would be fine with that

though i know that some people probably wouldn't, so its easier on Tony to just wait until its all there

#2855 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

This isn't set in stone yet at all BUT my coworker and I were able to get on the phone with the lawyer that Mooby linked us to. The guy that currently holds the rights for Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam.

He was extremely open to talking about getting that version distributed through Amazon, so we sent him our distribution agreement.

We're probably still a while off from actually getting the product on the site, which still might not happen, but at least now we're talking to the right people who can actually make the decision. He also sounded very open to participating in the Deal of the Week program.

TL;DR, if in a few months we are selling the Steam version of Kingdoms of Amalur you should all thank Mooby. I know I will personally be buying him the video game of his choice, regardless of whether or not we actually execute a deal.

Mooby, let me know what game you want.

Cheers,
Tony

Sweet, nice to hear that guy was actually open to talking about it. As far as the game, I'll think on that one for a bit. Thanks!

#2856 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sweet, nice to hear that guy was actually open to talking about it. As far as the game, I'll think on that one for a bit. Thanks!

100 pack of dishonored :)

Side Note: Any chance on getting Bethesda games on Amazon, Mr. Tony?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2857 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I know I'd be fine with buying the Fable bundle even if the keys weren't actually added for a few days...

+1 as well.

#2858 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

found an ammo depot for you

u dont know they file bankruptcy in dec 2012 they got clearlake to bid and take over but debtors file saying unfairness so the judge rejected the fast stay alive thq sale say till 22nd that any company can bid. and the hearing happen and was approval and only darksdiers franchise and virgil was not bid on. the rest are going to other companies. so they are dead.

#2859 Splatoon

Splatoon

CAGiversaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

That Microsoft Indie deal is insane, especially with the coupon. Amazon, killing it.

Comics of all shapes and sizes! Mainly rectangles. Max and Ronnie Do Comics.

#2860 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm all outta coupons. Not sure if this is a bad thing as i was tempted to buy things im not sure i really want that badly.

#2861 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

This x 100! I think most people just appreciate what an awesome deal we'd be getting and are fine if the DLC keys were sent later on.

Tony, care to comment?

#2862 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

That Microsoft Indie deal is insane, especially with the coupon. Amazon, killing it.

You know what would make it even more awesome for me? If it had GFWL. Even though it doesn't have GFWL, I'll still get it. Would have just been better if it did.

#2863 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Would Steam Keys and the keys Steam is waiting on be the same thing?

I know sometimes the Steam Activation key and the game key you get on steam are two different things aren't they? Because haven't people gotten a game on Steam but not been able to play it because Steam is waiting for activation keys. Does that make any sense?

Good catch. Steam key activates the game on Steam and after activation you get another key for GFWL. My guess is that Amazon can not get Steam keys because those Steam keys generate another set of GFWL keys, and the GFWL keys are not available yet, so no Steam keys are given in the first place.

fs_pc.png

#2864 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Something tells me get in early for the MSFT bundles if theres this much demand...hope they dont run out...

#2865 mcmahamg

mcmahamg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Would Steam Keys and the keys Steam is waiting on be the same thing?

I know sometimes the Steam Activation key and the game key you get on steam are two different things aren't they? Because haven't people gotten a game on Steam but not been able to play it because Steam is waiting for activation keys. Does that make any sense?

Yes, sir/ma'am. This happened to me with GTA IV. Took them almost a week to resolve, if I'm remembering correctly.

#2866 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Damn, Moody. If the KoA deal comes through I'll be requesting your PayPal addy, so I can reward you proper. Thanks. And to Tony for following up.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2867 robpe36

robpe36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

You know what would make it even more awesome for me? If it had GFWL. Even though it doesn't have GFWL, I'll still get it. Would have just been better if it did.

Not sure why you would want GFWL, but Iron Brigade and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet do have it. Toy Soldiers has it optionally (you can choose Steamworks or GFWL).

#2868 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

microsoft bundle = deal of the year for me

Deal of the year for me = whomever puts Bioshock: Infinite at $20 or less, whenever that occurs. ;)

#2869 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I don't suppose anyone with a bunch of extra EC coupons would mind helping me out with the Microsoft 5-pack deal? PM me, if so :) Appreciate it! Also, can't wait for the Fable pack!

#2870 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

u dont know they file bankruptcy in dec 2012 they got clearlake to bid and take over but debtors file saying unfairness so the judge rejected the fast stay alive thq sale say till 22nd that any company can bid. and the hearing happen and was approval and only darksdiers franchise and virgil was not bid on. the rest are going to other companies. so they are dead.

It's possible that Darksiders and other THQ properties that did NOT sell could be sold, in a different process.
Also, Platinum Games (makers of Bayonetta) are looking into maybe buying Darksiders.
Also, Vigil was working on something new codenamed "Crawler".

Edited by MysterD, 25 January 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#2871 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

deal of the year for me

+1

#2872 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Bankruptcy.

Here's a pic describing what studios and IP's went where:
Posted Image

#2873 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Bankruptcy.

Posted Image

I feel good about Volition being picked up by Koch.

#2874 TheH2s

TheH2s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Max Payne 3 PC download code (Steam key) for $14.99!

http://www.amazon.co...rds=max payne 3

#2875 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Max Payne 3 PC download code (Steam key) for $14.99!

http://www.amazon.co...rds=max payne 3

And it's even cheaper if you have an EC credit...

From the OP:

1/24-1/31:
Max Payne 3 - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon)

#2876 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I feel good about Volition being picked up by Koch.

Me too.
I'm pretty happy w/ how a few of Koch Media's games (they own Deep Silver) turned out - namely Risen 2 and Dead Island.
And I'm pretty happy w/ how Deep Silver, Gamersgate, and Steam all handled the Sacred 2: Gold Edition situation = ALL EPIC WINS - i.e. now released in USA finally and now DRM-FREE on Gamersgate and Steam.

EDIT:
I'm also pretty happy w/ Amazon DVG getting Tages DRM-check removed from their version Risen 1.
Probably helped get the DRM-check removed from the Risen 1 Steam-version, too.

#2877 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Fable 3 seems to have worst reviews than Fable: TLC...Anyone here have thoughts of both?

#2878 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Fable 3 seems to have worst reviews than Fable: TLC...Anyone here have thoughts of both?

IMHO - Fable 3's nowhere as great as Fable 1: The Lost Chapters.
Not even close!!!

I can't speak on Fable 2 b/c Microsoft never allowed for that to get a PC port, unfortunately. :(

#2879 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Fable 3 is fine as long as you ignore the side stuff. It's terrible filler and you'll soon grow tired of playing patty cake and farting at random people to get them to like you. Stick to mainly the real quests and it's pretty fun at times.

#2880 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Bankruptcy.

Posted Image

What happened to vigil? Looks like it was left at the orphanage. Does this mean that the Darksiders franchised is doomed?
Posted Image