Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2881 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

What happened to vigil? Looks like it was left at the orphanage. Does this mean that the Darksiders franchised is doomed?

IMHO likely IP will remain with THQ, but the studio is.....gone...

#2882 ^SANDMAN^

^SANDMAN^

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Looking for a little help with an editors choice coupon on amazon.com with the upcoming bundle on Sunday for the following games.

$10 ($5 after coupon) Deadlight + Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet+ Iron Brigade + Mark of the Ninja + Toy Soldiers

I may even be willing to throw a steam key or two in your direction for your troubles. Shoot me a pm if you would be willing to help a guy out.

I can provide Paypal or amazon giftcard

#2883 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Not likely as THQ will no longer exist as it previously did. Either Vigil and/or the IP with have to be bought or it will disappear into oblivion.

#2884 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Fable 3's biggest issue is that it ditched menus for no good reason and replaced it with a hammerspace room.
Even at $5, I'm not interested in it personally. Might be interested in it for trade bait, but that's about it.

#2885 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I haven't seen this posted... from Ars

Yesterday's proposed sale of most of bankrupt THQ's assets has now been approved by the courts, meaning the publisher is officially history. But the final fate of some major franchises and subsidiaries is still unsettled.

First of all, the developers purchased by various publishers yesterday did not necessarily come along with the game licenses those developers usually work on. Some of those were purchased explicitly in yesterday's announcement, but others will apparently be sold as part of an "asset bundle" to be auctioned off at a future date.

Finally, in bankruptcy documents released yesterday, it was revealed that THQ Montreal is working on a game called Underdog. This is in addition to previously known titles like 1666 and Evolve. Let your imagination run wild.

(reported for relevance)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2886 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Fable 3 seems to have worst reviews than Fable: TLC...Anyone here have thoughts of both?

Fable: TLC is by far the best out of the 3 Fable games, it had alot more stuff to do than Fable 3/2.

Fable 3 is probably the worst out of the 3, it not a "bad" game by any means. Its just that lionhead studios seemed to take Fable 2/3 in a different direction from what made the first one so great.

Its just that Fable: TLC was such a good game that it felt like the series went downhill after it.

$5 is a steal for the Fable bundle though

Edited by kennyb324, 26 January 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#2887 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Amazon's "asset bundle" will be right behind the fabled 1C bundle. :lol:

#2888 outerlimit

outerlimit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm a little late to the party on the EC coupons... anyone have one they could spare?
I want to The Secret World since I missed out on the Origin sale earlier this week.

Thanks!

#2889 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

What's so good about the arcade bundle? really, I don't know any of those games cause it's not my kind of game... so I'm curious cause I'm probably gonna grab Fable 1 and skip the Fable bundle.

#2890 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

What happened to vigil? Looks like it was left at the orphanage. Does this mean that the Darksiders franchised is doomed?

See THIS particular post of mine.

#2891 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Platinum Games? No more Darksiders for pc then.

#2892 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

What's so good about the arcade bundle? really, I don't know any of those games cause it's not my kind of game...

I'm after it for Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight.
I can't speak for others and the other games, though.

so I'm curious cause I'm probably gonna grab Fable 1 and skip the Fable bundle.

While I did like Fable 3 - it's good, but not great; and it's much more streamlined than Fable 1.
Honestly, it's just not Fable 1: TLC. There was something very special about that RPG (Fable 1: TLC), back when it first got released on the PC.

My favorite part of Fable 3 was actually the "Being The King" part. I wish that part was longer.

EDIT:

Platinum Games? No more Darksiders for pc then.

They showed interest in maybe wanting it. They don't have it yet.
Who knows if they will buy it - or if someone else doesn't go on and buy it.

While their PC-port track record doesn't exist, we don't know that for sure.
Metal Gear Revengeance is rumored to possibly getting a PC port after console version drops.

So, we'll see.... {shrug}

Edited by MysterD, 26 January 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#2893 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

If anyone is willing I dont have any more Amazon coupons but I really really want Max Payne 3 for $10. If anyone is willing to let go of one of their coupons Id really like to buy the game off of them. Ill even throw in a tradable copy of Awesomenauts if you do. Please? lol.

#2894 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hi guys can I use my Amazon gift balance to buy Amazon gift cards? :)

#2895 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for all the info on Fable...I'll skip 3 and will probably skip TLC due to my backlog for now. It's been on sale before so I can probably wait till I have more time or I really want to put it on the top of my playlist.

Will get the bundle for Mark of the Ninja though since that seemed to be a favorite by many people.

#2896 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hi guys can I use my Amazon gift balance to buy Amazon gift cards? :)

Nope, you can't.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#2897 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for all the info on Fable...I'll skip 3 and will probably skip TLC due to my backlog for now. It's been on sale before so I can probably wait till I have more time or I really want to put it on the top of my playlist.

Will get the bundle for Mark of the Ninja though since that seemed to be a favorite by many people.

Seems pretty good and good impressions by TB :)

#2898 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

FYI:

1/27-2/2:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4WVTYO - $15.99 Coupon not applicable, not steam.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. Nice pack

The Settlers Bundle includes the following games:
Dawn of Discovery Gold
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC Pack IV - The Two Kings
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom Deluxe Gold Edition
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition

I couldn't find DRM info on the bundle (i.e. there's nothing on Settlers 7... some reviewers did complain about the "always-on" DRM in the past). Does anyone know?

Edited by agentghost, 26 January 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#2899 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have two extra coupons if someone needs em.

I'll take Amazon GC, and I live in a state that charges tax.

#2900 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Fable: TLC is by far the best out of the 3 Fable games, it had alot more stuff to do than Fable 3/2.

Fable 3 is probably the worst out of the 3, it not a "bad" game by any means. Its just that lionhead studios seemed to take Fable 2/3 in a different direction from what made the first one so great.

Its just that Fable: TLC was such a good game that it felt like the series went downhill after it.

$5 is a steal for the Fable bundle though

What concern me the most about Fable 3 is its DRM. The way how Microsoft "shoe-horn" GFWL into the game and require your Steam-version of Fable III to log into GFWL to redeem DLC. Why can't we just redeem DLC via Steam? :drool:

#2901 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thanks Tony. Nice pack

The Settlers Bundle includes the following games:
Dawn of Discovery Gold
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC Pack IV - The Two Kings
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom Deluxe Gold Edition
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition

I couldn't find DRM info on the bundle (i.e. there's nothing on Settlers 7... some reviewers did complain about the "always-on" DRM in the past). Does anyone know?

+1, definitely interested in the drm since Im pretty sure at least settlers 7 had the always on with limited installs drm at some point

#2902 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'm almost positive every version of Settlers 7 requires the constant connection to the Ubisoft platform.

Fable 3 is fine as long as you ignore the side stuff. It's terrible filler and you'll soon grow tired of playing patty cake and farting at random people to get them to like you. Stick to mainly the real quests and it's pretty fun at times.

Somewhat troubling to read as most playthroughs I've seen are no longer than ten or so hours (and that's including the side stuff). I got the first one during the 2011 Steam Winter sale, put in about twenty hours, and thought it was okay. It's a great price to be sure but I'm thinking I won't end up liking 3 all that much if I was lukewarm on the first.

#2903 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

What concern me the most about Fable 3 is its DRM. The way how Microsoft "shoe-horn" GFWL into the game and require your Steam-version of Fable III to log into GFWL to redeem DLC. Why can't we just redeem DLC via Steam? :drool:

I think it's just me and some other guy that actually like GFWL. I guess it helps that I'm already in that ecosystem with my Xbox. I welcome logging into a game with my Xbox Live account.

#2904 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I have two extra coupons if someone needs em.

I'll take Amazon GC, and I live in a state that charges tax.

I thought coupons were tied to your account? Previous years' coupons were codes, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. Can you really trade them?

#2905 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I thought coupons were tied to your account? Previous years' coupons were codes, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. Can you really trade them?

They are tied to your account. You buy the game with a coupon. The other dude sends you the money + whatever.You send them the codes etc..

#2906 ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm almost positive every version of Settlers 7 requires the constant connection to the Ubisoft platform.

You are correct. I installed this game a week ago and in the EULA is this:

"A PERMANENT ONLINE CONNECTION AND A UBI.COM ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE MULTIMEDIA PRODUCT AT ALL TIMES"

#2907 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I think it's just me and some other guy that actually like GFWL. I guess it helps that I'm already in that ecosystem with my Xbox. I welcome logging into a game with my Xbox Live account.

well, I am not a fan of logging into Steam, then logging into GFWL.everytime i boot up a game. almost overkilled

#2908 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I was thinking that, but not every game comes as a code, right? I know the Dreamcast bundle I bought is a direct download on Amazon. (I found out later they were selling another one with Steam codes at the same time, but it sounded like a pain to contact customer service about anything digitally related.)

#2909 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

So no Fable III bundle deal?

#2910 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

It's Microsoft's product - and they probably feel they can do what they want with it whether you, me, or anyone else likes it or not.
SIDE NOTE - Personally, I don't care too much for G4WL at all. I'd rather have a straight-up Steam-version ONLY using Steam, as well.

What most of these companies do is lazy - they take the original product and leave its original DRM intact, then for the Steam-version they just wrap Steam ON TOP of it. It's annoying - but it's what they do. Probably to try to purposely keep Steam-versions sales down and get gamers to go for versions w/ less DRM, instead.

IMHO - Multiple DRM layers in Steam-versions are bloody annoying.

Now, I can't really speak for Fable 3 Steam Version (PC), since I have it on G4WL...
...but with some G4WL required-games when you get their Steam-versions, once you actually DL the game from Steam, you can boot up the game without Steam running by booting the EXE file while Steam program is closed and see if it ONLY boots the game up - this is true Steam-versions of GTA4 + EFLC PC; RF:G PC; FO3: GOTY PC.
If that works, you might just wanna create a shortcut of the game's EXE from the game-folder (not through Steam).
Can anybody here who has Fable 3 Steam-version (PC) speak on if the game boots w/out Steam?