Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14964 replies to this topic

#2941 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

While that is a good example, what ties any of these bundles together is their publisher. I could be wrong, but I think both Lego LotR and WitN are WB games, so it's possible for those two.

They are. I did my homework before I made a wish upon a Tony.

There were multiple posts in this thread (apart from mine). Hand wringing (apart from just mine). Talk of how Hell expanded to add a new level just for Sims DLC. It has hit this price a few times.

Speaking of, I held off (it looks like so much fun) on Sims 3, from Amazon and Steam, simply because of the whopping amount of DLC and the Origin/Steam split. I'm holding off for a bundle with all the DLC that's just on one platform.

A Sims 3 bundle with all the DLC....

Please? ;D

'Cause I totally would buy that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2942 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Speaking of, I held off (it looks like so much fun) on Sims 3, from Amazon and Steam, simply because of the whopping amount of DLC and the Origin/Steam split. I'm holding off for a bundle with all the DLC that's just on one platform.

IIRC there was Sims + (some?) DLC bundle for $40-50 (on Amazon?) a few months back that some CAGs were excited about. For me, I'm unwilling to take the risk that I won't like at that price.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2943 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

A Sims 3 bundle with all the DLC....

I have the base Sims 3 bundle but just don't see myself spending $10 on each non-"stuff" DLC... since there are multiple ones I want to buy. It was tough holding out during this sale but I'd rather wait it out. Chances are it'll eventually drop more in price before more DLC launches this year and we start getting more info on Sims 4.

#2944 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

actually nvm looks like it came with the base game

Edited by smurfinaus, 26 January 2013 - 07:19 AM.
change

#2945 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

IIRC there was Sims + (some?) DLC bundle for $40-50 (on Amazon?) a few months back that some CAGs were excited about. For me, I'm unwilling to take the risk that I won't like at that price.

The trailers, reviews, and experience with the franchise would be enough for me to take the plunge at that price considering the steep discount.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2946 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Anyone still have 2 extra coupons available?

#2947 Indoor Bot

Indoor Bot

CAG in Training!? HAHAHA!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Microsoft 5 Game Indie Bundle. In!!!

#2948 BlackEyedSceva

BlackEyedSceva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I will have two to four coupons left after the Microsoft Indie Bundle. I am willing to use them on whatever and trade if anyone is interested.

Thanks for running the 2K bundles again Tony. I am addicted to Civilization V now and have to convince everyone I know to buy a copy. This should make it easier!

Follow me on twitch.tv
BlackEyedSceva7.png

#2949 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Well, Vigil is dead from the sound of this post from their now-ex Lead Combat Designer. The two or three people who haven't grabbed Darksiders in the myriad sales that were run over the past couple of months had better grab it now. No guarantee it will be available for sale in the coming days via DD, never mind a sale of any kind.

http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=325

#2950 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Well, Vigil is dead from the sound of this post from their now-ex Lead Combat Designer. The two or three people who haven't grabbed Darksiders in the myriad sales that were run over the past couple of months had better grab it now. No guarantee it will be available for sale in the coming days via DD, never mind a sale of any kind.

http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=325

I always wonder if the developers themselves can buy out the IP and do a kickstarter or something instead. Of course, this assumes they have the cash or assets on hand to make it happen and like any company, having multiple "partners" can be a big drag rather than 1 person doing the deal and at least owning the IP all for themselves so at least they can control their own destiny.

With no game in late stage development, you'd assume it won't be an insane price (compared to CoH2, etc...), but as worker bees, it's probably hard to have that much free cash sitting around at most of the worker's level.

Being self employed now and having been laid off before in the past, I think most self employed people or business owners here can probably attest to "liking" that control vs. the unknowns and lack of control of your own destiny (like how the THQ boss originally made it sound like they will be ok and it's just a change of ownership, etc...). I'm sure there's going to be at least 1 person in this which it doesn't end well for with so many studios closing lately.

#2951 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm kinda surprised that the THQ pack is still available for purchase. I would have thought that Tony would have received the call from one of the new owners to take it down already.

#2952 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm kinda surprised that the THQ pack is still available for purchase. I would have thought that Tony would have received the call from one of the new owners to take it down already.

Probably due to the weekend - as in things paperwork not sorted yet

Edited by smurfinaus, 26 January 2013 - 12:04 PM.
change

#2953 sjchmura

sjchmura

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

How do you check if you have any "coupons"????? I have $9.06 in "promo credit" when I check mo3 credit (under digital downloads) but no specifics on when expires etc.

Is the $4.99 just for the publisher deals?
Posted Image

#2954 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

How do you check if you have any "coupons"????? I have $9.06 in "promo credit" when I check mo3 credit (under digital downloads) but no specifics on when expires etc.

Is the $4.99 just for the publisher deals?

easiest way is to check your email
search for 1000728511

Edited by smurfinaus, 26 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.
change

#2955 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

easiest way is to check your email
search for 1000728511

Actually that didn't help me much since I bought some Prototype bundles and didn't get emails for them, plus some emails are threaded. I contacted CS 2 hours ago and they sent me an email stating this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I've checked your account and confirm that you've fourteen $5 promotion credit (5*14=$70) for game downloads

:D

fs_pc.png

#2956 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Actually that didn't help me much since I bought some Prototype bundles and didn't get emails for them, plus some emails are threaded. I contacted CS 2 hours ago and they sent me an email stating this:

:D

14!!!. And i thought 10 was a lot ;). So there is no way on the website to tell, aside from calling CS for sure?.

#2957 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hurrah! The Sims 3 is back up to $30 (from $7.50). I managed to make it through that sale with my purity intact :lol: If EC applied, I'd be screwed.

Sims 3 does happen to be on sale for $7.49 on GameFly, however.

#2958 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

anybody knows when THQ pack will be replaced by the new deal of the week? 12AM PT Saturday?

#2959 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Tony, when does Max Payne 3 - Rockstar Pass deal come back ? :bouncy:

No time soon...

Yeah the bundle got canned but we're still doing the base game at $14.99 pre coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

#2960 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

anybody knows when THQ pack will be replaced by the new deal of the week? 12AM PT Saturday?

I'd guess somewhere around Sunday 12AM-1AM Pacific (they're usually not exactly on 12AM, unlike some other stores.)

Selling Steam keys: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.75 & Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack (Cards) $1.24 (Or both for $1.75.)

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2961 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Typically, but it's been known to take extra time to flip on some occasions.

#2962 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thanks guys for the info
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#2963 ruuin

ruuin

Vayaansias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hey guys / Tony, one question:

I cannot see on the OP any info about:

-Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle – $12.99 ($7.99 after coupon). On 1/29-1/31.

But I read it somewhere few days ago. Will it be on sale?

Regards.
PC Deals blog : http://vayaansias.com/ (in spanish)

#2964 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

-Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle – $12.99 ($7.99 after coupon). On 1/29-1/31.

Regards.

From the old thread...

Yeah we'll have it for $12.99 pre-coupon on 1/29-1/31

#2965 ruuin

ruuin

Vayaansias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

From the old thread...

Thanks. I had doubts because I cannot see it on OP.
PC Deals blog : http://vayaansias.com/ (in spanish)

#2966 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

14!!!. And i thought 10 was a lot ;). So there is no way on the website to tell, aside from calling CS for sure?.

Nope, no other way.

I checked my credit balance and it shows this :

Your Balances
AMAZON GIFT CARD
$39.51

AMAZON
MP3
$5.00

AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$0.00

KINDLE
EDITIONS
$0.00
SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$414.52

fs_pc.png

#2967 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

That does raise the question that if Steam is waiting on more keys, and Microsoft is waiting on more keys... who is generating those keys? Santa's Elves?

Microsoft is waiting on Steam keys from Valve for the Amazon offer, and Valve is waiting on GFWL keys for Fable from MIcrosoft.

#2968 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Regards.

I had forgotten about this. Now, the question is whether this is worth it to me..... Don't play often, but I would like to be able to play with what I want to play with when I do and not have to worry about levelling up to it. Hmmmmm

#2969 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I had forgotten about this. Now, the question is whether this is worth it to me..... Don't play often, but I would like to be able to play with what I want to play with when I do and not have to worry about levelling up to it. Hmmmmm

I have to say that I'm fairly biased against unlock-type DLC/cheats/codes/etc. Though I can understand the want to have it if you're not a regular to said game. However, I kinda feel that with BF3, it's more of a preference thing when it comes to weapons. EA has done a lot of balancing with the game and I've seen people just as successful with the starting or early unlocks as people who have over 1000 hours in the game. The only thing that was really overpowered the last time I played (which has been a while) was the frag rounds on the USAS-12 and I know they have been a bit nerfed since.

#2970 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I think you just answered your own question there bud. It's a shortcut designed for people that don't have the time/don't want to spend the time to unlock everything. If you don't play often you're going to be spending a while leveling stuff compared to those that play often.