Photo
- - - - -

Wii U poor sales confirmed BY NINTENDO! Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
749 replies to this topic

#181 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

I don't think the system is a failure but it will probably take 3 years to get a semi decent library of games on it. After 3 years if it has nothing then we can call it a failure also if it misses most of the big releases, or if they come out with significantly reduced features. The 3DS took a ton of time to get the game library up to speed but this year is going to be epic and the system is selling well.

Well, this summer the 3DS will be 2 years old, so I expect it will be a year or two before the Wii U has a library that will stand on its own.

Gee, haven't we been saying to wait a couple of years to judge a console?
Posted Image

#182 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Never mind the fact that the PS3 has out sold the Xbox in one less year right?

Never mind the fact that Sony always used shipped numbers vs MS actual sold numbers. They didn't pass anyone in year one.

#183 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Well, this summer the 3DS will be 2 years old, so I expect it will be a year or two before the Wii U has a library that will stand on its own.

Gee, haven't we been saying to wait a couple of years to judge a console?

3ds has a giant library to stand on it's own? since when did that happen.

#184 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

the problem is with the wii u is that since launce ZERO games have come out and most launch titles were just ports. nintendo had it in their mind that well this will do just as well as the wii. I could have told them that would not be the case. The wii sold well because of parents buying it for family and what not was not becasue nintendo fanbase is that large. Wii was hard to find two years in and wii u has been found in store's since launch. Another problem was and still is you see ZERO ads for the thing. Nintendo market department should be fired for awful marketing they did for this system. Next xbox and playstation will blow wii u away and never look back once they come out in 2014.

#185 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

3ds has a giant library to stand on it's own? since when did that happen.

I think SaraAB was talking about a lot of great games coming out this year for the 3DS, which would make it two years.
Posted Image

#186 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

I think SaraAB was talking about a lot of great games coming out this year for the 3DS, which would make it two years.

i only know of one or two i will be buying.

#187 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

the problem is that this day and age it's very very hard to find a game company that will make a game just for 1 system. Unless nintendo,sony,microsoft are not the company publish the games good chance it will not be only for one system. Companys make too much money putting games on all systems to make it just for one. With that said people will buy wii u for the great nintendo games but if hte specs are right what im hearing from ps4 and next xbox. Wii u will be hurting in sales when people jump to the more powerfull systems

#188 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Luigi's Manson
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter
Castlevina
Animal Crossing
Rune Factory 4
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Pokemon X and Y
Etrian Odyssey IV
Brain Age

#189 htz

htz

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

http://kotaku.com/59...ch-of-the-wii-u

Looks like activision is disappointed by the Wii U, too.

#190 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Activision complains about everything though.

They said they would stop making games for the PS3 due to high cost of making games for it and poor ps3 sales.

http://www.geek.com/...-sony-20090619/

#191 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Luigi's Manson
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter
Castlevina
Animal Crossing
Rune Factory 4
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Pokemon X and Y
Etrian Odyssey IV
Brain Age

luigi manson is for sure big title but really how much can animal crossing change, brainage same, pokemon REALLY how old are you 12. WHO as a adult gamer plays pokemon and brags about it. Plus might i add 3/4 of that list is lame japan rpg games. It's annoying how many rpg games have flodded the market in recent years. Playing rpg after 20 mins im ready to pull my eyes out.

#192 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Activision complains about everything though.

They said they would stop making games for the PS3 due to high cost of making games for it and poor ps3 sales.

http://www.geek.com/...-sony-20090619/

activision is like every major game publisher and company they only care about the money including your love NINTENDO.

#193 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

luigi manson is for sure big title but really how much can animal crossing change, brainage same, pokemon REALLY how old are you 12. WHO as a adult gamer plays pokemon and brags about it. Plus might i add 3/4 of that list is lame japan rpg games. It's annoying how many rpg games have flodded the market in recent years. Playing rpg after 20 mins im ready to pull my eyes out.

The irony of accusing someone of being 12 and enjoying Pokemon games as an adult when you have the language skills of a 2-year old. :bouncy:

oIi9lub.png

#194 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

The irony of accusing someone of being 12 and enjoying Pokemon games as an adult when you have the language skills of a 2-year old. :bouncy:

why don't you get your head out of nintendo behind and stop sticking up for them with this. oh well guys look rayman is WII u exlusive you MUST buy a wii u to play this game. 3 weeks before it comes out oh well it's delayed so it can be put on ps3 and 360. If nintendo had any you know what they would have paid ubisoft tons of money to keep it on the wii u only.

#195 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

This is the thing, if the games aren't for you, then that's fine and you dont need to buy the system.

There are a lot of people that do enjoy those kinda games and a LOT of adults play Pokemon. Im near 30 and a lot of my friends still play Pokemon.

Just because you personally don't enjoy RPGs does not mean a lot of other people don't and wouldnt love to buy all those games.

Perhaps if you had a more open mind you would see that.

#196 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

activision is like every major game publisher and company they only care about the money including your love NINTENDO.

Has nothing to do with Nintendo because hey, like I said before, I own a PS3, a Vita, a PC for Steam and a 360 as well. I love each of my consoles because I love games.

Activision is well known as always trying to be a bully in the industry and they always make empty threats.

Hell, this guy also has been known to say that companies shouldnt make new IPs and instead just milk the same game as much as they can, hence COD.

#197 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Posted Image

oIi9lub.png

#198 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I personally enjoy RPG's and since most RPG's are on handhelds these days the 3DS is a must have for me. Rune Factory 4 and Pokemon alone are enough to justify the purchase of the handheld for me. Nintendo has already released a ton of Mario games for it and those are all available at your nearest retailer. You can play games like rune factory and Pokemon for a long long time each. Even if I only had those 2 games all year I could easily keep myself busy and not desire any more games, heck some people could probably spend a year alone just playing rune factory. You can spend infinite hours with Pokemon, just breeding for good IV's, I know I have in the past!

I really don't care what people think of me for playing pokemon, if that becomes a problem with someone then I don't need them as a friend period because something as trivial as playing a video game should not be something that breaks up friendships. If I enjoy the game then I am going to play it simple as that.

There is also the possibility of the Dragon quest 7 remake coming over, in fact I would be surprised if it never came, so I am pretty sure it's coming at some point since every other DQ DS game made it over.

The 3DS also plays regular DS games, and I find it hard to believe that any one person cannot find at least 3-4 games between the DS and 3DS library that they want to play. It's just such an incredibly huge library to choose from that it is impossible to not find something you want to play.

#199 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Well SaraAB I hate to sound Sexist but you are a female. Female's like cute things so its all good :), I think that person was talking about a boy liking it (how he knew that that person was a boy I do not know).

Kamagii.png

#200 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

a lot of older people play pokemon, lol. Its funny if this is news to him.

#201 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

Doubt I'll ever stop playing pokemon myself; I'm 18. I imported MHP3rd HD to just play it. I don't think that series can go bad.

#202 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

I'm a 32 year old male, I love RPGs, and I enjoy the main Pokemon titles in the franchise, for the most part. Heck, even my fiancé enjoys them. What's the issue? Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by TrumpetDan, 09 February 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#203 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Doubt I'll ever stop playing pokemon myself; I'm 18. I imported MHP3rd HD to just play it. I don't think that series can go bad.

I said the same thing when I was 18. Haven't touched my Pokemon games since then. I was fucking crazy with that series, going so far as grinding EV stats with one hand while driving. I maxed out my Ruby's time counter at 999 hours about a year and a half post launch, 200 hours each into Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen plus whatever I had on the classic carts as a kid...it was insane and had to stop.

The Pokemon designs starting to look like shit didn't help either. What are half of the DS ones onward supposed to be anyway? Bunch of Digimon-esque tripe.

uc.png

#204 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm a 32 year old male, I love RPGs, and I enjoy the main Pokemon titles in the franchise, for the most part. Heck, even my fiancé enjoys them. What's the issue? Different strokes for different folks.

Only issue is with insecure people who aren't comfortable playing something not supposedly aimed at their age or sex.

#205 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

I've never played Pokemon and never had any desire to do so. I'll be playing Ni No Kuni which is inspired by Pokemon. I have to admit, collecting things in games is something I don't enjoy because I get this tendency to want to do everything. I had that problem with achievement points for a while but have mostly cured myself of that. Pokemon is clearly aimed at children but that doesn't mean adults can't play it. Shit, my wife's playing a tinkerbell iPhone game she downloaded for our daughter.

#206 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

If Activision is disappointed with Skylanders sales on WiiU, I wonder how much they shot themselves in the foot with the Wii Skylanders system bundle. I'd love to see numbers for that. If they really felt Skylanders was a system seller, then they should have done a WiiU bundle. Can you imagine how fun that would have been for a launch: the just announced ZombiU bundle sitting beside the Skylanders bundle.

#207 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

http://www.computera...alysts-suggest/

http://www.digitaltr...nth-of-january/

#208 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Even as someone who loves the console... what exactly was the incentive of buying one in January? The same games that have been available since Nov. 18? The barren release schedule that didn't have a release until (well, then, anyway) the one game at the end of February?

It trailed, but it's also a new system that, frankly, hasn't given people a ton of concrete reasons to buy it *now*. This isn't the end of the world. Those aren't godawful numbers.

I mean, hey, it could've sold 45,000, right? I kid, I kid. I love the damn Vita, but that's... not great. Sigh.

#209 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

People want to act like its shocking that a system with a very large library is doing better than a new system with not many games.

Would be interesting to pull up sales figures of Xbox after the 360 came out.

I would say PS2 as well but we all know the PS2 was still doing very well after the PS3 came out.

Its shocking isn't it?

#210 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Seriously, why is everyone considering Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's edge a "major exclusive"? Exclusive version? Ok, but the game still sucked, it just sucked slightly less.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30