Movies 2013 - What are you looking forward to seeing?

shieryda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
What are you most anticipated movies for this year? I've been watching a lot of trailers over the past 2 weeks. Here are some of those that I need to see:

The Baytown Outlaws (released in 2012)
Gangster Squad
Pain and Gain
Oblivion
After Earth
Dead Man Down
Identity Thief
Now You See Me
Luv
Pacific Rim
Iron Man 3
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
World War Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about starting a thread like this. Lots to look forward to.

Stoker
The Place Beyond the Pines
Evil Dead
Ironman 3
Star Trek 2
Man of Steel
Pacific Rim
You're Next
Sin City 2
Oldboy
A Good Day to Die Hard

Top of the list are Pacific Rim and Man of Steel.

Others I want to see are

The Last Stand
Mama
Bullet To The Head
Movie 43
Parker
Oblivion
Last Exorcism 2
Star Trek
Kick Ass 2
Evil Dead

I'm a movie goer... so I'll watch anything... but here is a list of Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies for 2013.

All Superheroes Must Die
Storage 24
A Haunted House
Mama
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
John Die at the End
Warm Bodies
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
The Sorcerer and the White Snake
Side Effects
Beautiful Creatures
Escape From Planet Earth
Dark Skies
Jack the Giant Slayer
The Last Exorcism Part 2
Oz the Great and Powerful
The Croods
G.I Joe: Retaliation
The Host
Upstream Color
Evil Dead
Scary Movie 5
Oblivion
The Lords of Salem
Iron Man 3
Kiss of the Damned
About Time
Star Trek Into Darkness
Epic
The Purge
After Earth
This is the End aka The End of the World
Man of Steel
Monsters University
World War Z
Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall
White House Down
Despicable Me 2
The Lone Ranger
Pacific Rim
R.I.P.D
The Conjuring
The Wolverine
Smurfs 2
300: Rise of an Empire
RED 2
Elysium
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Insidious Chapter 2
Satanic
Riddick
I, Frankenstein
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
The Tomb
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Haunt
The Devil’s Rapture
Carrie
Seventh Son
The World’s End
Paranormal Activity 5
Ender’s Game
Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Thor: The Dark World
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Frozen
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Walking With Dinosaurs
Saving Mr. Banks
47 Ronin

^ I forgot about a few of those, and am intrigued by a few of the other titles. To Apple TV I shall go for more trailer watching!!!

[quote name='whoknows']
The Last Stand
Mama
Bullet To The Head
Movie 43
Parker
Oblivion
Last Exorcism 2
Star Trek
Kick Ass 2
Evil Dead[/QUOTE]
Mama and Oblivion look like they could turn out bad to me. I want to be excited for kick ass 2, but the comic seemed worse than the first and the writers and director from the first aren't on this.
Some other movies I forgot that I'm excited for: Only God Forgives, The Raid:Retaliation and Before Midnight

Movies I plan to see in theatre
Hobbit 2
Sin City 2
Anchorman 2
Despicable Me 2
300 2
Hunger Games 2
GI Joe 2
*wow a lot of #2
Star Trek Into Darkness
Monster University
Iron Man 3
Man of Steel
A Good Day to Die Hard
Great Gatsby
Lone Ranger
Wolverine

And possibly more as I see trailers for them...

[quote name='moon_knight']Mama and Oblivion look like they could turn out bad to me. I want to be excited for kick ass 2, but the comic seemed worse than the first and the writers and director from the first aren't on this.
Some other movies I forgot that I'm excited for: Only God Forgives, The Raid:Retaliation and Before Midnight[/QUOTE]

It's possible. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mama turns out to be horrible after how awful Don't Be Aftraid of The Dark was. I felt bad giving money to that movie.

Oblivion could easily be bad, but I'll still see it probably, I like the setting...which After Earth also has the same setting, but that's being directed by that guy, so it's almost guaranteed to be awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the son was just sort of written into the movie just so Will Smiths kid could be in it.

I personally find myself going to the movies less and less these days. If it's not the ridiculous price of movie tickets and food, it's the parents who bring their screaming children with them, or it's the fact that I have to sit through a 3-hour movie without going to the bathroom for fear of missing something.

With that said, I'll still be seeing the major staples I'm sure. Almost every comic book and nerd movie makes my list. If anyone wants to see Adrien Brody in his greatest role ever, I suggest going to go see InAPPropriate Comedy in March.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this movie yet, but I saw a trailer for The Prototype a while ago and it really intrigued me and stuck in my head.

Wolverine, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, and GI Joe 2 are my major purchases. Now that I think about it, the only films I have seen in the past decade that weren't adaptations of an old cartoon or comic book are The Muppets and the 2 Sherlock Holmes films. Yea...

EDIT: Oh yea, forgot the name, but that one film that is essentially a live-action Super Robot anime I wanna see too.

[quote name='shieryda']What are you most anticipated movies for this year? I've been watching a lot of trailers over the past 2 weeks. Here are some of those that I need to see:

The Baytown Outlaws
Gangster Squad
Pain and Gain
Oblivion
After Earth
Dead Man Down
Identity Thief
Now You See Me
Luv
Pacific Rim
Iron Man 3
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
World War Z[/QUOTE]

Baytown Outlaws? I thought that was released already. I seen it, and I must say alot better then I thought, solid action and comedy all around.

As far as movies I am intrigued by...

1. Gangster Squad (Sean Penn fan, loved Mystic River, and becoming a Gostling fan)

2. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (has the visual vibe of Snow White & Huntsman, which I did like alot)

3. Identity Theft (Looks solid)

4. The Great Gatsby (Di Caprio can do no wrong in my eyes, favorite actor)

5. Broken City (Crowe & Wahlberg, nice acting duo)

I would post every single one I want to see, but for brevity's sake, I'll just put the ones I really want to see in order from greatest interest/hype to least.

Iron Man 3
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Man of Steel
The Wolverine
Pacific Rim
Oblivion
Anchorman 2
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Evil Dead
Oldboy

Outside of those, they're a few I would like see but don't really care for. Of course, the majority of those are the A class titles or blockbusters. I don't really know much else outside of that.

[quote name='GhostShark']
Iron Man 3
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Man of Steel
The Wolverine
Pacific Rim
Oblivion
Anchorman 2
Evil Dead
Oldboy [/QUOTE]
You got some poop in your list.

Potential poop, and really, that could be most of the movies on any of the lists in here. Unless you've already seen the movies, and in that most peculiar case, I stand corrected.

Superman movie, I hear they got rid of the underwear. I'm hoping it will be grim like the dark knight and legitimize a series.

[quote name='GhostShark']Potential poop, and really, that could be most of the movies on any of the lists in here. Unless you've already seen the movies, and in that most peculiar case, I stand corrected.[/QUOTE]
Its because they're hollywood movies and hollywood never makes good movies.

[quote name='cfootball1']Superman movie, I hear they got rid of the underwear. I'm hoping it will be grim like the dark knight and legitimize a series.[/QUOTE]

God, I hope it isn't dark and gritty. It should be about Clark Kent learning to be Superman. Learning to be a shining beacon of hope. Not an urban legend like Batman wants to be. You can have Clark being tortured by living up to his goals, but in the end, he has to be frigging Superman. The guy whose mere presence scares the shit out of bad guys and gives the victims hope.

Oh yea, and he has to do more than throw an flippin island into space.

Movies I'll definitely see:

Iron Man 3
Star Trek Into Darkness

Movies I might see:

Despicable Me 2
Thor 2 (cant remember its actual name)
Oz The Great and Powerful
The Wolverine

There's a lot I want to see, but these top my list:

Evil Dead
Man of Steel
Sin City 2

I watched the trailer for "Small Apartments" yesterday. Looks funny.

Also, I went to see "Gangster Squad" last weekend with my dad. Pretty good, overall.

I'm really hoping that World War Z will do some justice to the book, but from the trailer, I don't know. I'll still probably see it opening weekend, just because.

I just don't go to theaters much anymore. I'd like to see Iron Man 3. That's really about it. Most other Hollywood films kinda... suck.

bread's done
Back