Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 7/10: Blok Drop U $0.99 until 7/23 + Many WB Price Drops!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
1491 replies to this topic

#61 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Is Mighty Switch Force a good game? I've thought about getting it more than once.

I thought it was middling. A decent puzzle platformer without anything approaching challenging puzzles. Just felt like going through the motions, but competent, inoffensive motions at least. The time requirement for a high ranking is very strict so you will need speed runner skills to score there but if you don't care about that then there's no need to worry.

It outlasted Liberation Maiden on my 3DS (Which says almost nothing.) but is definitely the next to be purged when my SD card overflows again.

#62 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Could somebody that hasn't bought Mighty Switch Force check if it's still $4.99? The banner for the sale is still featured on the eShop despite the devs saying it would be over on 2/28.

Just went to go buy it myself in the off chance it was still on sale. It's back up to $9.99

#63 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks. Took it off the list in the OP.

#64 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

mighty switch force is fun but short
i think the wiiu version has more levels
not much replay value unless youre ocd about perfecting the times

#65 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks CAG. I'll probably get it the next time its on sale. Appreciate the input.

#66 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

To coincide with the release of a demo and big update, Chasing Aurora will be on sale for $7.49 until next week.

For those that haven't gotten in on it, the F-Zero sale will also be ending next week.

#67 ryuzx

ryuzx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Little Inferno is also supposed to be on sale again(?) according to their Facebook page, but I'm not sure how much. $5 direct from them, $3.99 on Steam however. Too lazy to turn my WiiU on and wait seven years for it to boot up and load in the store.

Worth every penny I paid for it (on its original "sale" price of $9.99), but nobody asked my opinion.

Link: http://tomorrowcorpo...is-weekend-only

#68 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

There wasn't anything in the eShop to suggest that it was on sale, so I'd need confirmation that it's on sale since I've already bought it and cannot see the price anymore.

Edit: Checking the game's page on the eShop, it says it's on sale for $4.99, so there's the confirmation.

#69 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Ugh. Thanks Nintendo. No money on my Christmas Giftcard anymore. Thanks. Now Im broke.

... Lets hope 2$ is enough for the rest of the 30 cent games.

#70 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ugh. Thanks Nintendo. No money on my Christmas Giftcard anymore. Thanks. Now Im broke.

... Lets hope 2$ is enough for the rest of the 30 cent games.

These are the rest of the games in the Virtual Console sale:

April - Kirby's Adventure
May - Super Metroid
June - Yoshi
July - Donkey Kong

#71 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

little inferno has good reviews but seems lame.

#72 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Lame how? I enjoyed it a lot once I saw that there was more to it than just the fireplace simulator aspect that seems to be all there is at first.

#73 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Probably a stupid question but do these 30 cent game sales apply to the 3DS versions at all?

#74 Commandoscv

Commandoscv

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

I almost bought Little Inferno on steam this weekend but one dollar more for couch comfort(Yea I could hook up my PC to my living room TV but I won't for awhile) and off-screen play is more than worth it. Game is much more than a fire place simulator... and the story is something you might end up caring about without expecting it.

#75 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Probably a stupid question but do these 30 cent game sales apply to the 3DS versions at all?

No. There aren't any SNES VC games on 3DS any way.

#76 BellardB

BellardB

Get your head in the game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

That sucks...Little Inferno is back up to $9.99.

#77 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Lame how? I enjoyed it a lot once I saw that there was more to it than just the fireplace simulator aspect that seems to be all there is at first.

It seems that all you do is put stuff in a fireplace. I tried to buy it and it showed 9.99

#78 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

That sucks...Little Inferno is back up to $9.99.

Dammit. I was away from my Wii U this weekend, so I couldn't jump on this. I was ready to pick it up this evening.
Posted Image

#79 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Punch-Out! is now available on the Wii U eShop for $0.30. There don't appear to be any other deals added this week.

#80 golf1410

golf1410

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Sonic Racing on eshop is 29.99 from 39.99. 10 $ off

#81 edoubledeezy

edoubledeezy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Looks like Im also getting Sonic Racing

#82 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sonic Racing on eshop is 29.99 from 39.99. 10 $ off

Thanks just bought it!
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

#83 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

$20 sonic racing and I'm down. Does anyone know how the digital promo works? How do I get money back or whatever

#84 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

$20 sonic racing and I'm down. Does anyone know how the digital promo works? How do I get money back or whatever

With Digital deluxe promo this should earn you 299 points once you reach 500 points you get a $5 eShop code you can redeem on either wii U or 3DS eShops.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

#85 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Why did they not start with metroid. :(

#86 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

so you won't sell your wiiu

#87 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

With Digital deluxe promo this should earn you 299 points once you reach 500 points you get a $5 eShop code you can redeem on either wii U or 3DS eShops.

I've read that others who buy games on sale on the eShop actually get full points. So instead of getting 299 points for Sonic @ $29.99 you will get 599 points. Yes, 300 free points.

I can confirm this works as I've gotten download codes for free games and still received the points.

#88 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Punch-Out! is now available on the Wii U eShop for $0.30.

Thanks for the heads-up. Know I'd miss a bunch of these if it wasn't for this thread.

Quick side note: dl'd it this morning and I sucked:lol:. Took me 2 rounds to take out Glass Joe.

Not sure if I'm just rusty or if things got tweaked with this version. Couldn't even get any speed punches going.
Gonna hafta bust out my old copy and give it a try.

#89 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I've read that others who buy games on sale on the eShop actually get full points. So instead of getting 299 points for Sonic @ $29.99 you will get 599 points. Yes, 300 free points.

I can confirm this works as I've gotten download codes for free games and still received the points.

Hey thanks for the heads up that is awesome, my points are not showing yet so can't confirm but if your right that makes this a super deal especially after picking up a few $50 eShop cards at toys r us last week for $45 a piece that makes this come out to about $21-$22 after all savings.

And been playing it ll morning, though I should be playing Bioshock Infinite, but was more in the mood for lighter fare this morning and it is great. Brings back a lot of good memories, my first system was the original Sega master system and Alex Kidd was one of my favorite games, so racing around various areas like the outrun track as Alex Kidd is sweet! I would like to see a new Alex Kidd game as well as a new Zillion game my other fave from the system.

But anyhow definitely recommend checking out the game the demo is great but game is even better than demo, or at least I felt like I had better on troll starting on some of the other tracks, and each character handles a bit differently at least I thought so.

#90 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

The only new deal this week is a launch deal for Toki Tori 2 for $13.49 (10% off). It ends on 4/19.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, eShop, Nintendo