Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 7/17: Little Inferno $4.99 until 7/24, Blok Drop U $0.99 until 7/23 + Many WB Price Drops!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
1500 replies to this topic

#211 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wondering if I should wait for a bigger sale or buy it at this price (Runner).. hmm..

#212 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Will buy Super Metroid tonight, even though I've played it probably 8-9 times, I can still play it. It's so much fun.

#213 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://www.nintendo....l-console/deals

Here are the specifics about the SMB2 deal in case you're wondering.

#214 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Great deal on SMB2. Grabbed it this afternoon. I wanted it but I wasn't going to pay $5 for it. Getting it for $2.50 feels much better. I hope this do more stuff like this in the future.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#215 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

I grabbed Super Metroid, Super Mario World and SMB 2 today! I love the new VC! Keep'em coming Ninty!

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13

#216 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I feel compelled to buy every game for ¢30. If they'd do a VC game of the month for ¢50 for the life of the system I'd probably buy every one. Even for games I don't care about.

#217 mietha

mietha

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Great deal on SMB2. Grabbed it this afternoon. I wanted it but I wasn't going to pay $5 for it. Getting it for $2.50 feels much better. I hope this do more stuff like this in the future.

Yeah, me too. I wasn't going to buy either, now I'll probably buy both. Hopefully, if it gets a good response, they'll get the hint, but this IS Nintendo we're talking about here...
Posted Image

#218 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Now that the 3 Kirby SNES games are confirmed for next week, I'm very interested to see if Nintendo of America does the buy 2 get 1 free deal that Japan did.
\\:D/

#219 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I feel compelled to buy every game for ¢30. If they'd do a VC game of the month for ¢50 for the life of the system I'd probably buy every one. Even for games I don't care about.

Same. Just grabbed Super Metroid.

cagSig.png515886.png

#220 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I feel exactly the same way.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#221 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Even though I HATE their Virtual Console Pricing, i Grabbed Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Metroid. I figured the prices all averaged out with the deals.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#222 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nice!

didn't know about this Super Mario 2 deal and I already had purchased Super Mario World.

Not the greatest fan of Super Mario 2, but hey, will give it another look.

#223 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sigh... they need to start releasing older games like this simultaneously on the Wii U and 3DS. I know it's been said time and time again but they really need to.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#224 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sigh... they need to start releasing older games like this simultaneously on the Wii U and 3DS. I know it's been said time and time again but they really need to.

... and link them into one purchase, like the PS3+Vita cross buys.

cagSig.png515886.png

#225 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Now that the 3 Kirby SNES games are confirmed for next week, I'm very interested to see if Nintendo of America does the buy 2 get 1 free deal that Japan did.

Link? I have the Kirby dream collection so I assume that there would be no point in buying these.

Also, they did say they would release GBA games for the Wii U VC at some point, right? I never really dug handheld gaming so there is all kinds of stuff I would want to buy if true.

#226 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Saw this earlier about an eshop deal on super metroid. I was thinking it was also on t he 3ds . Where's the 3ds deals? What..no love for the handheld deals Nintendo?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#227 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Might pick this up been looking for some new wii games

#228 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

There's no SNES Virtual Console on the 3DS, so that's not possible at the moment.

#229 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Saw this earlier about an eshop deal on super metroid. I was thinking it was also on t he 3ds . Where's the 3ds deals? What..no love for the handheld deals Nintendo?

3DS sales are listed over here.

#230 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Link? I have the Kirby dream collection so I assume that there would be no point in buying these.

Also, they did say they would release GBA games for the Wii U VC at some point, right? I never really dug handheld gaming so there is all kinds of stuff I would want to buy if true.

From Nintendo themselves...

http://www.nintendo....de?system=wii u

#231 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

I don't know about that, but I would think the Wii U is set up fairly well to replicate the DS experience.

#232 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

3DS sales are listed over here.

Thanks! :D
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#233 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

There's no SNES Virtual Console on the 3DS, so that's not possible at the moment.

And no Game Boy or Game Gear on Wii U
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#234 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

True, but there is plenty of overlap with the NES titles. There was that rumor on notenoughshaders that owners of both WiiU and 3DS have something to look forward to - hopefully it is a merger of the stores.

#235 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

I get excited when I see games like super metroid that you can pick up for cents or even free from Nintendo club and then realize 3DS can't play them.

Boo.

Is there any hope of SNES classics being put on the 3DS? I don't even know why it's not compatible in the first place.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#236 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I get excited when I see games like super metroid that you can pick up for cents or even free from Nintendo club and then realize 3DS can't play them.

Boo.

Is there any hope of SNES classics being put on the 3DS? I don't even know why it's not compatible in the first place.

Maybe we will hear more at e3. It's interesting that no first party Nintendo game appears on both the WiiU and 3ds store. I mean they skipped smb1 and lost levels and went straight to 2 on Wiiu. Might be a sign of a similar licensing program coming and they don't want to release stuff like super Metroid, have people buy it for $8 and then later change it to the $1.50 licensing fee.

#237 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

New deal later today. Until next week, if you buy two of the Kirby games added today to the Wii U VC (Dream Land 3, Dream Course, & Super Star), you get the third for free.

The press site doesn't mention if this includes upgrading the Wii VC version, so I don't know if having one or two of the games count or not. If it's like last week's deal where upgrading the Wii VC version of Super Mario World counted towards getting SMB2 for 1/2 off, maybe it will, but I'll wait to hear from Nintendo for confirmation.

Update: Yup, if you have the Wii version and upgrade, it'll still count towards the offer. Hopefully, this might become a weekly thing, as there's now a Virtual Console deal page that updates.

& the offer is now up.

Edited by Zonic505, 23 May 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#238 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

New deal for this week:

Kirby Buy 2 Get 1 Free Deal - Includes Kirby's Dream Course, Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Kirby Superstar - $3.00 to $15.98 Total - Ends 5/30 - More Details

You still qualify if you've already purchased them on Wii and transferred them over to Wii U, so they could cost you as low as $3.

#239 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Damn I upgraded my Kirby Superstar and would love to purchase Kirby's Dream Land 3 and get a free Kirby game. Problem is I hate Kirby's Dream Course. I would have liked to see Kirby's Avalanche included. If I want to play some sort of weird putt putt golf I'll stick to my PS1 Rugrats game!

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#240 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Is today the last day for the Super Mario deal, or did it already die?

Posted Image