Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 8/21: Free Disney Infinity (Requires Base/Figures), $4 Chasing Aurora, $4 IQ Test, Gravity Badgers $3.49, and More!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
1628 replies to this topic

#1621 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:48 PM

*Bitching*

Yeah, why are people so excited at the prospect of getting 50% more tracks for 1/5th the price of the game?? Rabble rabble!

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#1622 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

Yeah, why are people so excited at the prospect of getting 50% more tracks for 1/5th the price of the game?? Rabble rabble!

I can understand where the sentiment comes from, how many DLCs/Season passes do we see that aren't a rip off or couldn't have reasonably been expected to have been included in the game in the first place?

I'm not one to tell people their opinions are wrong but for my money MK8 was full of content at release and is an awesome game.

This is a really good deal IMO, but if you look at the Mario Golf DLC on the 3DS, that seems like stuff that should have been in the game, so it's not like Nintendo always gives us a great deal on DLC.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1623 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:02 PM

*bitching about my post*

Well it's been awhile since you came to bug me.  I thought I explained myself well enough..... I pretty much hate all DLC because, more often than not, it encourages devs to hold back any fanservice or premium content to sell later, either leaving the buyer with less content or, at best, some filler that's never as good as what was going to be included.  Don't try and argue otherwise with me, I've worked in the industry up until a couple of years ago, I know the conversations that go on regarding DLC, and it's downright foolish to think that it doesn't happen.  It's even more foolish to think Nintendo is somehow magically above that.

I acknowledged that $12 for 16 tracks and the other little bonuses was acceptable to me.... on the condition that the DLC tracks are made playable online (and not just in private matches, which are a major pain in the ass to set up without an invite system), and on the condition that the DLC karts/characters don't come with broken stats. 

However, between this announcement and the rumors that started this last week about SSB DLC, I think there's plenty of reason to be concerned about games like SSB.

Maybe instead of bitching about my "bitching" you can look at what I've written and come up with an intelligent response?  If you feel so strongly, then perhaps try to convince me that Nintendo will competently address my concerns about the potential problems this will cause online?  Or, at the very least, quit attacking me personally?

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1624 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:11 PM

Well it's been awhile since you came to bug me.  I thought I explained myself well enough..... I pretty much hate all DLC because, more often than not, it encourages devs to hold back any fanservice or premium content to sell later.  Don't try and argue otherwise with me, I've worked in the industry up until a couple of years ago, I know the conversations that go on regarding DLC, and it's downright foolish to think that it doesn't happen.  It's even more foolish to think Nintendo is somehow magically above that.

I acknowledged that $12 for $16 tracks and the other little bonuses was acceptable to me.... on the condition that the DLC tracks are made playable online (and not just in private matches, which are a major pain in the ass to set up without an invite system), and on the condition that the DLC karts/characters don't come with broken stats.  

Maybe instead of bitching about my "bitching" you can look at what I've written and come up with an intelligent response?  If you feel so strongly, then perhaps try to convince me that Nintendo will competently address my concerns about the potential problems this will cause online?

In a way, I agree with you, other than the actual character in the kart, the casual player wont really care about how the weight/acceleration of the kart plays out on the track.  I think the majority of the experience are the tracks and how great they look going around them.  To be able to play as Yoshi, Bowser or Luigi and then customize your vehicle is more or less a 1 minute obstacle to get to the meat and potatoes, the actual race.  The customization is much more important for those who race competitively locally/online.  Hopefully they offer just a "tracks" or "characters"  package if the DLC balloons into more than just the first 2 offerings.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1625 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:29 PM

In a way, I agree with you, other than the actual character in the kart, the casual player wont really care about how the weight/acceleration of the kart plays out on the track.  I think the majority of the experience are the tracks and how great they look going around them.  To be able to play as Yoshi, Bowser or Luigi and then customize your vehicle is more or less a 1 minute obstacle to get to the meat and potatoes, the actual race.  The customization is much more important for those who race competitively locally/online.  Hopefully they offer just a "tracks" or "characters"  package if the DLC balloons into more than just the first 2 offerings.

Yeah I agree, I never bother to really customize myself to be honest.  I like just randomly throwing stuff together and racing with what I've got, it helps keep the game fresh IMO.  But unless I am mistaken this is Nintendo's first multiplayer DLC.  I mean real multiplayer DLC, not stuff like Animal Crossing furniture.  I don't want to constantly be smoking the online competition simply because I have a better kart, I hope that won't be an issue but it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

I still don't see why so many people are so excited for this that they are paying for it now though lol.

I will put out there that I would be royally pissed if this was paid DLC for proper battle arenas.  I know that's what I've been expecting; I thought for sure they gave us a half-assed battle mode so they could sell us the real deal later.  I guess that's still a possibility but I'm happy that's not what they are doing here.  There's no denying the track design in Mario Kart 8 was phenomenal so if nothing else I am excited to see what they do with Hyrule... even if it just ends up being through Youtube.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1626 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:43 PM

I still don't see why so many people are so excited for this that they are paying for it now though lol.

For me, It's about the visuals.  Having a zelda-themed course is a most welcome addition to what I already have in the game.  Characters aside, it's really about the courses and how each one is designed and decorated.  Having DLC for extra courses is what I'm looking forward to.  The characters are a throw-in.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1627 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

snip

You just can't accept the fact that companies are not out to personally satisfy your every desire. By my estimation, this is the best season pass/bundle/whatever I've ever seen in terms of asking price/content included. But all you can do is bitch about how this does not satisfy you unless conditions A, B, and C are met.

And this isn't personal. I would have said the same thing if it was any other username. It just so happens that you complain about everything. Seriously, please quote one post that you have made which was not a complaint about something.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#1628 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:19 PM

The only real advantage anybody is going to have on these tracks is through experience. The new vehicles are not going to break the game like the bikes did for Wii.

As for Smash Bros., we don't know when those DLC characters are coming or if there will be a charge. Regardless, if the leaked roster is in fact the final roster, that is still over 50 characters to play as, several of them with unique fighting styles. Not to mention that every single one can be edited to some extent (and given how the Ice Climbers almost broke Brawl, I can see how they would need more programming than necessary).

#1629 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:21 PM

The only real advantage anybody is going to have on these tracks is through experience. The new vehicles are not going to break the game like the bikes did for Wii.

As for Smash Bros., we don't know when those DLC characters are coming or if there will be a charge. Regardless, if the leaked roster is in fact the final roster, that is still over 50 characters to play as, several of them with unique fighting styles. Not to mention that every single one can be edited to some extent (and given how the Ice Climbers almost broke Brawl, I can see how they would need more programming than necessary).

I only played Brawl casually... how did the Ice Climbers almost break the game?

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

AHP221364492     AHP233565792