Photo
- - - - -

Walmart: 2/$30 (SR3:TFP BatmanAA:GOTY GoW:OC ICO/SotC) Halo4+1yr XBL $70, 12m XBL $40

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#91 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

i liked the game but it was very linear. asides from it's missions, there no other content (Not counting dlc). i played vanilla. you ca free roam but there isn't much to do

#92 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Ordered Sunday for $8.86 and picked up today. Two hours after I picked up, I received an email from Walmart:

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com purchase. We have made a payment adjustment to this order related to the following items:

================================================
Mafia II PH (Xbox 360)
Qty: 1

================================================

A credit in the amount of $9.59 has been issued to the payment method you used for this purchase.

If you paid by:

Credit or Debit Card: The credit should appear on your statement within two billing cycles.

Gift Card: Funds will be credited back to the original Gift Card. If you no longer have this card, please contact us at 1-800-966-6546.

Bill Me Later: The credit should appear on your next statement.

PayPal: A refund has been issued to your PayPal account. The funds should be available within 10 business days.

Track the status of any remaining items by visiting the Order Details page:

https://www.walmart....rder_id=xxxxxxx

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

Sincerely,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team

Guess time will tell, but I did store pickup and didn't have to pay in store, so I have no idea why they are crediting me the purchase price.

#93 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ok this sucks the DLC disc is not working. It's says it's unreadable or just goes to a Xbox live screen and freezes.

#94 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

game is now 8.36 woot

#95 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thanks OP!

Snagged Mafia II and the Dreamcast Collection for $20 and change to my house.
Awesome! ��

Edited by TehTriggerman, 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#96 DjDonFrancisco

DjDonFrancisco

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

When i can get Mafia 2 for $5 new. I'll bite.

#97 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I just used TWO of the $5 video game reservation cards that I picked up on Sunday (with the $4.99 VUDU credit) and the $8.36 price with tax came to a grand total of $9.05. So I've got a 95 cent balance on one the cards and $5 on a 3rd. :) ....and $14.97 credit on my VUDU account(s). ;)

These "pre-orders" are now sold in-store only.

#98 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

(actually the only issue is if there is nobody back there at all, and I have to hunt somebody down to help me, but most of the time I'm in and out in 10 minutes..)

... never has anyone working in the store pickup area so I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes for someone to just show up. It's really annoying =/

Don't you guys have touchscreen-assistance on the registers back in your Site-to-Store areas? Ours (and our neighboring WM) has HUMONGOUS signs in the shape of arrows directing customers to touch the credit card readers to page a CSM's palmpilot... not that anyone notices the sign, despite it nearly touching their faces when they stand there waiting for magic fairies to randomly summon an associate to them. I mean, I can see if you're waiting around forever because the CSM is busy, or just plain lazy, but there's supposed to be a touchscreen device there for the very reason of not making a customer wait a year for a random encounter.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#99 Imcheaptoo

Imcheaptoo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Just wanted to thank the OP for this. I was able to go to Target and have them match the price on Mafia II for me with no issue. Great deal!

#100 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Mafia II is now showing Out of Stock online.

I was a bit nervous when I saw an e-mail from Walmart.com about me leaving something in my cart. It was Mafia II for $9.75 . . . but when I logged into my account to check on my earlier order, I see a notice that it has shipped and should arrive by Jan. 30th -- to the store.

It will probably get there sooner for me to pick up.

#101 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Dream cast collection... I don't have that game. I'll have to check it out. Thanks OP.

#102 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Pre-order bonus offer for dead space 3 Crysis 3 and army of two

#103 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

This is a good thread. I'm glad Walmart is doing $20 preorder bonuses again.

I remember when Gears 3 and some other titles came out they had a preorder 3 games get a $50 eGift Card that was good too.

#104 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. Is there a way to use a Walmart giftcard on a pre-ordered that was already ordered? Because I fear if I cancel to re-order the item would be sold out.

Tracidic.png

#105 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. Is there a way to use a Walmart giftcard on a pre-ordered that was already ordered? Because I fear if I cancel to re-order the item would be sold out.

Honestly I wouldn't risk it. I have found that Walmart.com CSR is virtually non-existent.

#106 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Woo maybe Amazon will now bring back the $20 credits with some of their games (this is the reason they had them before). Hopefully Walmart keeps on doing the $20 egifts like they were a couple years ago.

#107 AmazinJt

AmazinJt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

If you preorder dead space 3 from walmart do you get the limited edition version, so you get the dlc?

#108 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I like the competition but I still like the price match chance at BBY.

#109 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Red Faction: Armageddon (PS3) $7.97

#110 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

This is a great deal if you can use the e-gits on normal things like food.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#111 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'm not too familiar with WM pre-orders, but if they don't charge until it ships, why not try the most obvious non-workaround and try placing another order with your GCs? (Unless of course they have a 1 per household restriction, but that seems unlikely.)

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#112 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Good god. My Mafia II "ship-to-store" was cancelled yet again. For the FOURTH time (3 different stores cancelled when it was trying to have me do a "store pickup", then it came available online for shipping so I went for a 4th attempt thinking "no way" they could screw that up. Yet...here we are. I guess I should have paid the $2 or whatever to have it sent to my house, instead of to a store. However I did get a "shipping notice" that it was on it's way as of the 16th, so I have no idea what went wrong. So I thought that was it, the frustration of trying to order this game was over. Yet yesterday (the 22nd) I get a notice that my order "expired" and has been cancelled. Ummm. Expired? What? I never got a pickup notice...

Thafuq is wrong with Wal-Mart. For all the faults Best Buy has, this type of continued failure on an online order just wouldn't happen withh them.

edit: also since when did this thread become the Wal-Mart pre-order thread? LOL. It was for Mafia II at $8.xx...

Edited by Agent Orange, 23 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#113 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Well I decided to give their customer service a chance tonight to allow me to purchase Mafia II from them (since it's 4 attempts and counting, 3 via store pickup and 1 ship-to store). They checked in their system and could not explain why my my last attempt ship-to-store was cancelled. In fact on their tracking, the item "disappeared" en-route 4 days ago. So they have no idea what even happened to my item. :-#, There is nothing they can do about it either.

The final solution was for me to put in a FIFTH order. But this time they are shipping it to my house, for free. :applause: (the game isn't free, just the shipping, but they did adjust me to the old price, and actually they over-credited me so I'm getting it for like $6.74 shipped). Assuming this "final "attempt works out, I guess I can be happy that I actually got it even cheaper than the lowest price, but it was WAYYYYYYY too much work. I wasted my time with 4 online orders, and then another 30+ minutes on the phone.

#114 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Might be in for a copy of Simcity.

#115 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

How long do the Walmart egiftcards last?

#116 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

How long do the Walmart egiftcards last?

I don't think they expire (may be wrong). Regardless I think you can use the egift card to buy a regular gift card, which doesn't expire.

#117 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Red Dead Redemption GOTY (360) $19.96

#118 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Red Dead GOTY is worth every penny.

#119 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Pre-Order Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360) w/ Preorder Bonus* Classic Hammerburst, Gears of War 1 (DLC) and Your Choice Gears of War 2 or 3 Includes:
  • Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
  • Your Choice Bonus* Gears of War 2 or 3
  • Bonus* Preorder Exclusive Classic Hammerburst
  • Bonus* Gears of War 1 (downloadable version)
More about this bundle…

#120 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Value Bundle (360) 2 for $30
Notable games:
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package