Photo
- - - - -

Walmart: 2/$30 (SR3:TFP BatmanAA:GOTY GoW:OC ICO/SotC) Halo4+1yr XBL $70, 12m XBL $40

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#121 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is there not a "Ship to Store" option on this? Was so close to getting Midway Arcade Origins and Saints Row The Third, but shipping is gonna push it out of my price range.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#122 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Is there not a "Ship to Store" option on this? Was so close to getting Midway Arcade Origins and Saints Row The Third, but shipping is gonna push it out of my price range.

Yeah there should be. It takes forever though, both for them to actually ship the item, then for an employee to actually find it and get it to you when you get there.

I got excited when I saw this:
http://www.walmart.c...Bundle/22152321
but it won't let me add Uncharted 3 even though it is pictured! And they aren't sold out as you can still buy Uncharted 3 by itself. Am I missing something or is Wal-Mart just being really lame? Is there any way I can get Uncharted 3 with this deal?
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#123 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

So store pickup is available for all 3 individual games I chose, but not as a bundle? WTFmart
Posted Image

#124 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

It's amazing that they have games like Saint's Row The Third and Final Fantasy XIII-2 in there with games like NBA 2K7 and Band Hero.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#125 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I don't know what the deal is with the "free headset". When I select the bundle is comes out to $75. That would imply that any of those games are $75. Am I missing something?

#126 Arkham

Arkham

Cag Stand

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

thanks op. birthday for me.

#127 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah there should be. It takes forever though, both for them to actually ship the item, then for an employee to actually find it and get it to you when you get there.

I got excited when I saw this:
http://www.walmart.c...Bundle/22152321
but it won't let me add Uncharted 3 even though it is pictured! And they aren't sold out as you can still buy Uncharted 3 by itself. Am I missing something or is Wal-Mart just being really lame? Is there any way I can get Uncharted 3 with this deal?

Walmart only allocates a certain quantity of each game for the bundle. Uncharted 3 already was purchased in that quantity, so it's no longer available as part of the deal.

#128 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

I don't know what the deal is with the "free headset". When I select the bundle is comes out to $75. That would imply that any of those games are $75. Am I missing something?

"Free" is a flexible term... still seems like a moderately decent deal, but would be a lot more appealing at $60 (thus, MSRP for the game and "free" for the headset, as they are trying to claim).

#129 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Same here (same games even!)

If there is a store pickup option, I'm not seeing it. Guess I'll go save money and live better someplace else.

#130 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

"Free" is a flexible term... still seems like a moderately decent deal, but would be a lot more appealing at $60 (thus, MSRP for the game and "free" for the headset, as they are trying to claim).

This is how I understood it and I would have jumped on it if this were the way things were going (even though I already have a better gaming headset and most of those games. Damn deals!).

#131 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Walmart only allocates a certain quantity of each game for the bundle. Uncharted 3 already was purchased in that quantity, so it's no longer available as part of the deal.

Well damn. I figured the whole point of these bundles must have been to move stock on older games, but I guess not :roll:.
Thanks for letting me know though. Any chance that they'll allocate more copies of the game to the bundle?
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#132 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Can this not be matched at the store if they have the games? Sorry but iim not used to buying games or electronics from Walmart.

512847.png

#133 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Well damn. I figured the whole point of these bundles must have been to move stock on older games, but I guess not :roll:.
Thanks for letting me know though. Any chance that they'll allocate more copies of the game to the bundle?

They have in the past, but it can take weeks or even months for that to happen.

#134 DjDonFrancisco

DjDonFrancisco

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Awwwwwww, COME ON! I just bought Saints Row 3:TFP a few weeks ago on Newegg for $24. Should've held out and waited longer.

#135 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Can this not be matched at the store if they have the games? Sorry but iim not used to buying games or electronics from Walmart.

No, unless they changed their policy recently, Walmart is one of the few stores that refuses to price match their own website. I hope they lose a lot of business to Target and Best Buy.

#136 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Good to see someone else is doing an Army of Two promotion. I really wish it was included in Best Buy's deal, but at least I now have a choice for $20 credit between Wal-Mart and Amazon.

#137 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

would best buy or target price match this?

#138 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

would best buy or target price match this?

Considering its bundling, I really doubt it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Dammit...I want 2 copies of Saints Row! How come we can't have doubles?

#140 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

You would think so wouldn't you? But no, you have no chance in hell. Wal-Mart is very strict about that, they will not price match anything from any website, including their own.

In addition, if you order something from their website and have it shipped to you and it is damaged, they won't replace it for you even if they have ample stock. I have been able to bitch enough to get a refund when I recieved a BTTF Blu Ray trilogy with loose/scratched up discs, but it took a lot of doing and an arguement with the manager to make it happen. However, even though they had 10 copies sitting on the shelf, they refused to let me have an exchange.

Overall Wal-Mart is just horrible, I never buy anything from them anymore besides groceries (for convienence, they are 5 minutes away and the next closest grocery store is over 25 minutes away) and an occasional T-Shirt or hat. I have only used their website for an order once since the incedent I mentioned above as well. I would have been willing to risk it for $15 Uncharted 3 but apparently that's out of the question now :(

#141 tingram83

tingram83

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Dammit...I want 2 copies of Saints Row! How come we can't have doubles?

Exactly what I was thinking. No other game on the list is more expensive on Amazon except SR3. I'm sure if you could buy doubles SR3 would have been long gone by now.

#142 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Shipping, tax and lack of selection kill it for me. Already 1000/1000 SR3 and all the DLC

#143 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

You would think so wouldn't you? But no, you have no chance in hell. Wal-Mart is very strict about that, they will not price match anything from any website, including their own.

In addition, if you order something from their website and have it shipped to you and it is damaged, they won't replace it for you even if they have ample stock. I have been able to bitch enough to get a refund when I recieved a BTTF Blu Ray trilogy with loose/scratched up discs, but it took a lot of doing and an arguement with the manager to make it happen. However, even though they had 10 copies sitting on the shelf, they refused to let me have an exchange.

Overall Wal-Mart is just horrible, I never buy anything from them anymore besides groceries (for convienence, they are 5 minutes away and the next closest grocery store is over 25 minutes away) and an occasional T-Shirt or hat. I have only used their website for an order once since the incedent I mentioned above as well. I would have been willing to risk it for $15 Uncharted 3 but apparently that's out of the question now :(

Yeeeeeahhhh...

I can't speak for ignorant Service Desk associates, their CSMs, or a-hole Asst Managers, but as a WM grunt myself I can tell you that the policy is that, as long as the UPCs on dot-com items are 100% identical and you have your Order information (not just a shipping form) WM is allowed to give you an exchange as if it was any item sold off the shelf.

If you're just yet-another dipwad, sitting there screaming at the Service Desk drone that you want to violate copyright regulations (and corporate policy) and demanding that you want your money back on media that's been opened, well that's your own fault.

Not to mention, if you really had to, you could have always gotten an RMA through the site with free shipping back on most items, and gotten an exchange or your money back. First time ordering on WM.com... or just any site, ever?

Again, individually we've all had a horrible buying experience somewhere, and I can't speak for your store specifically, but this is all standard policy. I'm not only (begrudgingly) a WM drone, but I've also returned 2 air-conditioners, a drill set, and exchanged a flashdrive through WM.com & dot-com-to-the-store. YEMV = Your Experience May Vary
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#144 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Can you mix systems? For example, if I wanted Midway Origins for both 360 and Ps3?

#145 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

And dragon age is gone. I can't find it anywhere. Sigh.
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#146 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hmm, I might have to swing in to Walmart to see if I can utilize this bundle.

#147 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Xbox 360 2-for-$30 Video Game Bundle - $30.00
Spoiler

Your Choice Halo 4 or Forza Horizon Game with Xbox Live 12 Month Card (Xbox 360) - $69.96
Sony PS3 Favorites 2-for-$30 Value Game Bundle - $30.00
Spoiler

2 For $50 Gamer's Bundle (Your Choice PS3 or Xbox) - $50.00
Spoiler

12 Month Xbox LIVE GOLD Membership $39.96

Edited by iRandom, 23 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#148 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

I like that the first page of the $10 & Under bargain bin promo is full of food items like M&Ms and popcorn --and that there's no way to sort it by platform Way to be, WM, way to be. :roll:

Fixed^

Edited by Sanges99, 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM.

25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#149 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

I like that the first page of the $10 & Under bargain bin promo is full of food items like M&Ms and popcorn --and that there's no way to sort it by platform. Way to be, WM, way to be. :roll:

You can sort by platform on the left side, below the departments.

#150 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

You can sort by platform on the left side, below the departments.

:lol: