#31 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

My account was charged today for 110

charged? or pre-authorization?

debit or credit?

I was definitely not charged for my cc purchase. (it shows under Temp Authorizations)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#32 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Its junk people on ebay would buy for more. Let's have hope for future profits. Also, I'd just resell it on Ebay if it was crap (when I open my 2nd copy)

#33 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

This is a bit overpriced with out the game or even some exclusive DLC to the set.

lol@gettingmoney662, your just figuring that out?

#34 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

debit or credit?

I was definitely not charged for my cc purchase. (it shows under Temp Authorizations)

It's Treehouse Brands. They charged in full for the Amalur edition a couple months before it shipped. I have the charge on my account and it says on the site that they charge at the time the order is placed as a deposit. Maybe it will drop off, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did the full charge already since it sounds like this ships in 2-3 weeks and it's the game part that ships later.

#35 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's Treehouse Brands. They charged in full for the Amalur edition a couple months before it shipped. I have the charge on my account and it says on the site that they charge at the time the order is placed as a deposit. Maybe it will drop off, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did the full charge already since it sounds like this ships in 2-3 weeks and it's the game part that ships later.

Like I said, I've ordered about 10? lithographs from treehouse and have never been charged right away. (for preorders)

I'm not arguing with you. I don't really care either way. Just reporting my experience in the past.

edit: and what I was saying is that right now, it's sitting in my Temporary Authorizations section of my online statement. It usually takes 1 day for anything to hit as an actual order on a credit card. So I'm confused how that guy could have been charged already if he used a credit card. Maybe his bank is faster than mine. Debit cards always take the money out even if it's a pre-auth.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#36 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Like I said, I've ordered about 10? lithographs from treehouse and have never been charged right away. (for preorders)

I'm not gonna argue with you. I don't really care either way. Just reporting my experience in the past.

Fair enough. I'm not sure either because my credit card doesn't separate actual charges from authorizations in any meaningful way. I do know for sure I was charged in full for Amalur right away and that the information on their website says the following for this item -

"You will be charged a fully refundable (before item ships) deposit at time of purchase.

Your entire order will be held until this product becomes available. The current estimated ship date is week of January 28, 2013.

Ship date subject to change without notice. We will always update this product page with the latest information we have."

That deposit could be an authorization, but it's a weird way to put it as it shouldn't need to be refunded if it was just an authorization. In any event, this ships in just over two weeks, so people that concerned about hitting their limits probably shouldn't count on not being charged the full amount since even if it was an authorization, the full amount will hit the card probably within two weeks anyway as they prep these to ship.

#37 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Cheap crap that will sell like hotcakes.
Thanks for the minimal effort EA.

#38 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

debit or credit?

I used debit visa logo and the whole amount 110 was subtracted from the account

#39 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Does walmart charge immediately for preorders cc cards?

#40 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

does anyone know how long this has been available for sale? It it just post this week?

#41 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I used debit visa logo and the whole amount 110 was subtracted from the account

yes, debit will do that.

they can't have you overspending your actual amount as there's not way to recoup it really.

does anyone know how long this has been available for sale? It it just post this week?

looks like last night was the first mention of it anywhere on the interwebs. 17 hours ago to be exact (http://www.joystiq.c...ol-stuff-in-it/)

Ees7Y.jpg

#42 silva

silva

Panocha Pounder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Bought the add-on one. Will wait for a deal on the game since I still have yet to even touch Dead Space 2

Knew you would buy the add-on I did the same...then went wild in the Mass Effect statues section :(

You also need to grab Dead Space 2 DE while you're at it fool!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

It started today I think. All the news reports were from this morning or last night.

#44 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

It started today I think. All the news reports were from this morning or last night.

Awesome!
Looks like it is now under 1100 available for the one without the game. Should I order another.........hmmmmm?

#45 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

anyone else got charged tax for some reason?

#46 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Wait.. so did anyone answer the question of how to figure out how many are left?

Ees7Y.jpg

#47 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

anyone else got charged tax for some reason?

Why wouldn't you get charged tax?

#48 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Wait.. so did anyone answer the question of how to figure out how many are left?

I just put 1100 in the cart and this is what it states:

The requested quantity for "Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Add-On" is not available

#49 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Why wouldn't you get charged tax?

someone else earlier said they didn't get charged tax so i was just curious

#50 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I just put 1100 in the cart and this is what it states:

The requested quantity for "Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Add-On" is not available

ohhh you change the quantity from the product page. I was trying to do it in the cart. Looks like there's at least 500 available of each edition still. 999 of xbox. I wonder if they did 1000 of each and 2000 of xbox.

Btw, i think treehouse is in CO. I did not get changed tax.

Ees7Y.jpg

#51 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

ohhh you change the quantity from the product page. I was trying to do it in the cart. Looks like there's at least 500 available of each edition still. 999 of xbox. I wonder if they did 1000 of each and 2000 of xbox.

Btw, i think treehouse is in CO. I did not get changed tax.

That confuses me. So did they make 5,000 for each version?? I mean, aren't they Xbox and PS3 versions the same anyway? It's just that one or the other is bundled with the game?

#52 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

That confuses me. So did they make 5,000 for each version?? I mean, aren't they Xbox and PS3 versions the same anyway? It's just that one or the other is bundled with the game?

I think it's 5000 total. I think the number of each version is irrelevant because it's being shipped separately anyway. If after a week there are 500 PC versions left and 0 xbox, they can simply just reallocate as 50 PC and 450 Xbox.

Ees7Y.jpg

#53 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

It doesn't matter about the DLC. It'll probably be just some paper slip. They can just have 5000 and then print the paper slips for the right allocation of xbox, ps3 and pc.

#54 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

A metal plate? Sounds like actual good quality metal....

Probably like military crates, on the outside. But whos knows what they seal the CE in. Could be open or could. Be a secondary box..

#55 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

It's a preauthorization charge not an actual charge.

Probably like military crates, on the outside. But whos knows what they seal the CE in. Could be open or could. Be a secondary box..

I'm hoping it is attached and on the outside. Would be pretty damn cool in that case imo.

Edited by ShockandAww, 13 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#56 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

848 to go.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#57 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Do you know exactly how many remain (in total)?

#58 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Is this sold out? I can add 9999 to my cart now...

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#59 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

It only lets me add 791 of the add on right now.......

#60 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

How are you guys checking how many are available?