Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition only 5,000 made

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#91 IRON-SAM

IRON-SAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Shipping and handling. $10. And there's no way that thing actually costs $10 to ship, especially with all of those processed in bulk.

What's S&H? I've already preordered Dev Team, but yeah something weird is going on lol

#92 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Cant check stock anymore.

The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 5.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#93 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Shipping and handling. $10. And there's no way that thing actually costs $10 to ship, especially with all of those processed in bulk.

I would say it is more likely to cost $10 to ship this then the $20 it cost to have the < 3lb DJ Max CE shipped from Pentavision.

And let's assume this weighs more then 3lbs. Which carrier would EA use to have it shipped for less then $10?

#94 IRON-SAM

IRON-SAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Again, they are guaranteed to ship about 5,000 in bulk. And let's not be coy ... $100 is inflated for what it is anyhow. But hey, I want it ... I'll get it ... I just feel like they're being petty about $10 S&H ... but that's EA's MO.

I would say it is more likely to cost $10 to ship this then the $20 it cost to have the < 3lb DJ Max CE shipped from Pentavision.

And let's assume this weighs more then 3lbs. Which carrier would EA use to have it shipped for less then $10?

#95 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

But Im wondering how many of the "5000" they have left. The just announced it publicly, if they had like 1000 left, then what's the point.

#96 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

They just announced the edition publicly, I think NOW it's gonna run out fast.

Yeah just googled it and saw a video for it. It looks pretty sweet. These will definitely be going fast now.

#97 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Doesn't Orgin still ship UPS, I think every order I've had on there has always shipped UPS.

But Im wondering how many of the "5000" they have left. The just announced it publicly, if they had like 1000 left, then what's the point.

I just think it's ironic that a lot of people that say they didn't want this once it sells out will want to have one.

Edited by skiizim, 14 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#98 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

http://gear.ea.com/i...tfx-statue.html

that's nice, but I wish they made a statue for his suit he wore in 2. I really liked the design.

#99 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

On the site it says the tin chest is 8 pounds.

#100 IRON-SAM

IRON-SAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Honestly, I got it strictly for the Marker. I don't care about anything else. I've always wanted my own Marker.

#101 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Isaac's face ala Halo 3 Legendary would've been cool as well

#102 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

yea im wondering this too when i looked last it was at like 660 or so and that was a couple of days ago lol. so the counter is either wrong, people have done refunds, or its limited but not to 5000

Isaac's face ala Halo 3 Legendary would've been cool as well

OMG YES YES YES!!!!

seriously yes lol

#103 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Again, they are guaranteed to ship about 5,000 in bulk. And let's not be coy ... $100 is inflated for what it is anyhow. But hey, I want it ... I'll get it ... I just feel like they're being petty about $10 S&H ... but that's EA's MO.

It's not being petty, it's called margin.

How much do you think 8lbs costs to ship? $2?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#104 IRON-SAM

IRON-SAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

You know what? You're right.

OK, now that we've gotten that out of the way, back to discussion as normal. Sorry for the detour, folks.

It's not being petty, it's called margin.

How much do you think 8lbs costs to ship? $2?

#105 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

8lb, Dev Team Edition....

Hmmm... 100/8 = $12.50 per pound.

So you could 8lb of Roast Beef here in NJ for that price....

Worth it.....?

#106 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Looks like the non-game listing is <10 now, so last call for that unless they split some of the bundles game ones off.
Posted Image

#107 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Saw the YouTube video of the dev edition, I'm sold, it looks so awesome! Statue is so big!

#108 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Looks like the non-game listing is <10 now, so last call for that unless they split some of the bundles game ones off.

hmmm.. it looks like they've simply put a order limit of 5 on the add-on. It's hard to tell how many are left.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#109 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• Silenced

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Considering the speed they were selling, and how many they had left when I last looked, I'd say they probably had around half left when they announced it publicly. However, videos have existed for this for like two days now, so in what way has this now been made aware to the public, that hasn't been done before? It was on ign like two or three days ago, as well. Anyway, I'm sticking to what I said. If these aren't sold out in the next three days, I'm canceling.

#110 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Still on sale. Can't imagine more than a couple hundred left.

#111 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I ordered but I would have had rather the helmet of Clarke or a full sized figure, instead of some artbook I'm just gonna see once. Something like the Skyrim CE wouldve been nice. Just two extra goodies, but very high quality

#112 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

If no one else has seen the video, then ...
Spoiler

ach.png

#113 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

epic epicness

#114 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Just saying but that video has been out since the first day this was available. It's not some sort of new marketing push.

#115 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I wish they had made an incentive to buy a version with the game.

Should have done $100 for the add-on and $140 or $150 for the Dev-Team Edition + Game.

#116 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

What makes this epic? For $100? postcards? Waterbottle? a Box? a empty paper notepad? All done in a style that to anyone at 1st glance things Bioshock or some other world theme? I just don't see any epicness of this package. Oh maybe its the plastic Marker made in China or that waffer thin artbook?

A better package would be:

$90 for game+items below:

Steelbook
Artbook (physical)
Full Soundtrack (physical)
Blu-Ray Making Of Disc/History of Dead Space Series (physical)
Blu-Ray Dead Space movies (physical+digital)
DLC items

#117 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

If only they included a steelbook for the game included version, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#118 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

What makes this epic? For $100? postcards? Waterbottle? a Box? a empty paper notepad? All done in a style that to anyone at 1st glance things Bioshock or some other world theme? I just don't see any epicness of this package. Oh maybe its the plastic Marker made in China or that waffer thin artbook?

A better package would be:

$90 for game+items below:

Steelbook
Artbook (physical)
Full Soundtrack (physical)
Blu-Ray Making Of Disc/History of Dead Space Series (physical)
Blu-Ray Dead Space movies (physical+digital)
DLC items

So Treehouse makes 0 dollars in profit? That makes sense.

Come on man, be realistic.

Ees7Y.jpg

#119 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

looks like I was charged already. so I guess treehouse is charging right away for these.

Ees7Y.jpg

#120 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

looks like I was charged already. so I guess treehouse is charging right away for these.

Yep. My authorization just became a posted charge today. In fairness, they did warn people about this right on the website.