Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition only 5,000 made

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#151 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Bioshock SongBird Edition is sold out? I see it available on walmart and a few other places online..

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#152 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

and i was contemplating on getting the Tomb Raider CE, the game seems like a mixture of Arkham City and err Far Cry, which is good. but i hear the game is only 15 hours long? ill wait for reviews before buying.

"Only" 15 hours? That seems like a good chunk of time. Not every game needs to be semi-open world with countless unnecessary collectibles to artificially extend the game length. I'll take a shorter story-driven game over a longer "collect all the feathers game" any day. But that's me.

ach.png

#153 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

"Only" 15 hours? That seems like a good chunk of time. Not every game needs to be semi-open world with countless unnecessary collectibles to artificially extend the game length. I'll take a shorter story-driven game over a longer "collect all the feathers game" any day. But that's me.

Oh you didn't get the memo? No game under 40 hours can possibly be good.

#154 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

15 hours to 100% the game, meaning, story, side quests and collectibles all completed in 15 hours. That's pretty short for a semi open world game. Also I'm not saying that the game will be terribad because of its short length, but it might be a rental instead for me.

#155 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

15 hours to 100% the game, meaning, story, side quests and collectibles all completed in 15 hours. That's pretty short for a semi open world game. Also I'm not saying that the game will be terribad because of its short length, but it might be a rental instead for me.

yes but what is 15 hours based on exactly? easy mode? hard mode? a casual player? an average player? or someone that is Godly at video games and can beat halo 4 legendary in 3 hours on a solo playthrough? and of course the general difficulty of the game. normal on halo for instance is far different than normal on ninja gaiden.

when people speak of time lengths for a game for me anyway that almost always means several extra hours. an 8 hour game for me is easily 10-12. a 15 hour game for me will easily fall between 20-25.

people told me xenoblade will take 60 or so hours. it took me 70-80 i cant remember the exacts.

#156 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Speaking of DS3, anyone here planning on getting it for the PS3? I have 1 & 2 on the PS3, so I'm getting 3 on it as well, even though I know I'll have more company for Co-Op on the 360. So I was wondering if there were any CAGs also getting it for the PS3 who might want to get together for some co-op eventually?

#157 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

^ I'm getting it for the PS3.

I feel like I'd need to warm up, though. I hate necromorphs! :twoguns:

I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be amazing if Glen Schofield returned to make DS4. I really loved DS2 but the atmosphere of the first is not yet equaled.

I feel ya. As weird as it may sound, my favorite moments in Dead Space are the ambient moments, when I'm not busy fighting necromorphs.

#158 jam8611

jam8611

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I love how no one has yet brought up that the Bioshock Infinite statue edition is sold out at $150, which means you're basically paying $70 for the big bird statue.

Best CE coming up is the new Tomb Raider.

I'm looking forward to opening and enjoying my upcoming CE including this one, and if you're worried about resale value, then CAG needs a separate section for those discussions.

Gamestop still has this available for preorder, how is it sold out?

#159 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Gamestop still has this available for preorder, how is it sold out?

Only for :pc:.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#160 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Walmart still accepting preorders for Songbird.

#161 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

well an artbook is better than a lithograph but i dont think the lithograph can be purchased anywhere else other than through best buy

I am pretty sure the litograph is included in all the CE as its also included inthe amazon and gamestop versions.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=tomb raider

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106911

#162 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Ill neve buy the songbird edition....$70 for just the statue is crazy due to its unknown quality.
. Ill stick to the $80 preimum and ill use a GC to lower to reg game price plus ill get $20 back from Best Buy.

#163 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Just an FYI there are only 4, yes 4 left in stock of the Dev Edition only.

Otherwise youll have to purchase one with the game.

#164 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Just an FYI there are only 4, yes 4 left in stock of the Dev Edition only.

Otherwise youll have to purchase one with the game.

I wonder how that'll works out since I thought they will ship the game separately.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#165 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Speaking of DS3, anyone here planning on getting it for the PS3? I have 1 & 2 on the PS3, so I'm getting 3 on it as well, even though I know I'll have more company for Co-Op on the 360. So I was wondering if there were any CAGs also getting it for the PS3 who might want to get together for some co-op eventually?

im debating which system lol

is there a difference between the two? like DS2 gave you the wii DS game so i got it on the ps3. DS1 i got on the 360 cause i didnt have a ps3 at the time

#166 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

There are more than 4 dev editions w/ no game left. It lets me add 5 to cart.

#167 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I canceled mine early access was ok but it felt like something was off... Wait it was coop it seems they changed the feel to more action coop sorta how re changed directions. still was fun but will wait for sale.

#168 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I canceled mine early access was ok but it felt like something was off... Wait it was coop it seems they changed the feel to more action coop sorta how re changed directions. still was fun but will wait for sale.

It should be a horror coup, where you play with a partner that runs nonstop at you, necromorph-style.

#169 TonyCatastrophe

TonyCatastrophe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I like the idea.. but at the end of the day.. I think I just want the postcards? Meh

#170 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

There are more than 4 dev editions w/ no game left. It lets me add 5 to cart.

Hmm only let me do 4 last night. However this morning I can add 10... Maybe some cancellations. MY guess is that they simply move some of the allocation for the game editions to the just dev edition pile.

It also now says "You can not order more than 10 of this item" when you add just the Dev edition to cart. That wasnt there before.

Counts as of now

Xbox 360 - 142
PS3 - 97
PC - SOLD OUT
Dev Ed Only - ? Probably low

#171 IRON-SAM

IRON-SAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Beat the demo twice last night. Everything was fine except:

- Didn't like the crouching mechanics. Isaac should take cover a little better behind objects if he's going to do that a la Mass Effect 3.
- The environment is supposed to be open but feels limiting. I can see a lot of stuff that I know I'll never be able to reach, so I might as well be back on the confines of a space station.
- Will this game have a multiplayer mode like DS2? I actually enjoyed that.

I'll still be keeping my pre-order and am excited to see how the story unfolds. It's also going to be great to have my own Marker finally ... I have waited so, so long for one.

#172 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just ordered a 360 version. I was gonna wait for I like the goodies (mainly the statue and box). It'll look good with my ni no kuni, mgs:r and bioshock infinite :-D

#173 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Had to cancel mine. Seems like it's selling very slowly. Going to try for another Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition instead. Would much rather have that anyway. I may want this at some point but I'm not really sold on Dead Space 3 as a game yet.

#174 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hmm only let me do 4 last night. However this morning I can add 10... Maybe some cancellations. MY guess is that they simply move some of the allocation for the game editions to the just dev edition pile.

It also now says "You can not order more than 10 of this item" when you add just the Dev edition to cart. That wasnt there before.

Counts as of now

Xbox 360 - 142
PS3 - 97
PC - SOLD OUT
Dev Ed Only - ? Probably low

24 hours later

Xbox 360 - 77
PS3 - 53

#175 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

im debating which system lol

is there a difference between the two? like DS2 gave you the wii DS game so i got it on the ps3. DS1 i got on the 360 cause i didnt have a ps3 at the time

DS2 was 2 disc on the 360 which equaled to a free save (as you only get 3) for Hardcore. Getting to the second disc however is a difficult task. Haha.

xivpads.png

#176 ratruby

ratruby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

How does the DLC work?
Is DLC included for both systems inside the package?

#177 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I don't think there is DLC with this. If there is it would be for all versions. I know you get the "LE" DLC for first run copies.

#178 SkylineChili4Me

SkylineChili4Me

CAG with Cheese, Please!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

One was exclusive to GameStop preorders; the other from somewhere else (I think Amazon). So you basically avoid the hassle of chasing the other or returning one preorder.

#179 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

for some reason, I didn't even think of the DLC. Maybe I should get the xbox version instead.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#180 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

As of this post, there are 62 of the Xbox360 and 35 of the PS3 left in stock and they will be gone before the weekend.