Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition only 5,000 made

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#181 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Are you guys buying the edition with or without the game? If you buy the game edition do you think it will come as an add on or will it come packaged within the bundle? If it comes as an add on I'd rather just buy from bestbuy and price match the game down the road when it drops in cost...

Also does it charge your account now or when it ships?

Thanks!

#182 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Are you guys buying the edition with or without the game? If you buy the game edition do you think it will come as an add on or will it come packaged within the bundle? If it comes as an add on I'd rather just buy from bestbuy and price match the game down the road when it drops in cost...

Also does it charge your account now or when it ships?

Thanks!

You get charged now and the game ships separately from the other items.

#183 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Eh, was hesitating since this was posted but decided to pick up a PS3 version. Very limited edition and will go nicely on my collection shelf in the gaming room where the kids won't get it lol.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#184 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Eh, was hesitating since this was posted but decided to pick up a PS3 version. Very limited edition and will go nicely on my collection shelf in the gaming room where the kids won't get it lol.

Until they grow taller...
But then again, you might need to get them the 720 or the PS4 at that point.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#185 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

I just want everyone to be aware that there is no DLC included with this edition. All first runs get the two suits and weapons no matter where you get the game. Different retailers offer DLC in addition to the included items.

#186 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Until they grow taller...
But then again, you might need to get them the 720 or the PS4 at that point.

Nah I'm safe. They're 4 and 1, plus the gaming shelf is one of those plant shelves near the ceiling of my house. I have them everywhere, works great find hiding stuff from the wife too :lol:
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#187 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I think it's kinda stupid then, buying the game bundled with EA Store.
Better to go Gamestop.

Actually worse for me, because I'm studying abroad right now and I won't play the disc until like June. By that time the game is probably gonna be 30 bucks. But I want my limited edition and I think it's too much hassle ordering just the Add On from EA store and the game from Amazon.

#188 SpartanSnake

SpartanSnake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Really wouldve been nice if the game came with something special in addition.

#189 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Ive paid this much for worse CEs (Arkham Asylum, I am talking to you, yeah you suck)

But there are only a few CEs that Ive really regretted not getting at launch and this aint one of them. Those are Mass Effect 1 and Bioshock Limited
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#190 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I think it's kinda stupid then, buying the game bundled with EA Store.
Better to go Gamestop.

Actually worse for me, because I'm studying abroad right now and I won't play the disc until like June. By that time the game is probably gonna be 30 bucks. But I want my limited edition and I think it's too much hassle ordering just the Add On from EA store and the game from Amazon.

so you're lazy.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#191 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I am confused and reading this forum makes it difficult to find my answer since people were talking about mutual funds and investing for half of the post.

So this DEV Team edition is 5,000 total and it doesn't matter if it has the game bundled or not (Add On). So the only difference is if you choose a console so they ship you the game separately and you get the day one DLC for (with physical 360, PS3 game) and a D/L code for PC version?

I was confused because if you select the one with the game, you can add as many as they have left in inventory while the Add On restricts you to 10 total. I was trying to see how many of these they have left in stock and deciding between the two.

#192 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

uh... how do you cancel an order?

Contact them (ea@treehousebrandstores.com) with the email address you used to order. Just make the title something like "Cancellation Request for order #XXXXXXX". Mine was cancelled and refunded within 3 days.

#193 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

You get charged now and the game ships separately from the other items.

Thanks for the info. Ill hold off on the game and just buy the dev kit!

#194 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Contact them (ea@treehousebrandstores.com) with the email address you used to order. Just make the title something like "Cancellation Request for order #XXXXXXX". Mine was cancelled and refunded within 3 days.

Thanks.

#195 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for the info. Ill hold off on the game and just buy the dev kit!

But that doesn't come with dlc.

Is the dlc exclusive?

Sorry for double post. On mobile.

#196 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Does it show up in your order history as cancelled?

I am such an idiot I ordered the xbox version thinking there was extra dlc but I guess I was wrong.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#197 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Does it show up in your order history as cancelled?

I am such an idiot I ordered the xbox version thinking there was extra dlc but I guess I was wrong.

It'll be a lot better to pick up the Dev team edition and get your pre order from your desire place for the limited DLC. I'm sure your cancelation will make someone happy on whoever may miss out on this package.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#198 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

They just added a Art of Dead Space that's limited to 1,000 copies. Now I have to buy this too. I really can't control myself.

http://gear.ea.com/a...ll-edition.html

Art of Dead Space: Clamshell Edition

The Art of Dead Space is the ultimate gallery of the Dead Space universe, with over 300 iconic concept art images and sketches, many never seen before, and detailed commentary from the acclaimed artists throughout. From the Necromorph-infested depths of the USG Ishimura to the frozen tundras of Tau Volantis, Dead Space's dramatic scope is sure to tantalize and terrify in equal parts. From awe-inspiring vistas and gruesome Necromorphs to minutely-detailed character designs and the Church of Unitology, here is an unparalleled collection of the finest space-horror gaming art ever collected.
This exclusive edition contains an additional 32-page gallery of exclusive and previously unpublished art from across the game series, including images from Christopher Shy's Dead Space graphic novels, plus a gallery foreword from Dead Space 3 Creative Director, Ben Wanat, all encased in a soft-touch clamshell box featuring Isaac and Carver art from Dead Space 3 and limited to a printing of 1,000 copies.
224 pages, approx. size 9" x 12"
For a limited time, every art book order will come with a free Chrome Plated Marker Pendant (while supplies last)

#199 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I already have the Art book preordered with amazon for $23. The clamshell edition is definitely nicer but I dont know if its $40 nicer.

#200 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

They just added a Art of Dead Space that's limited to 1,000 copies. Now I have to buy this too. I really can't control myself.

http://gear.ea.com/a...ll-edition.html

Art of Dead Space: Clamshell Edition

The Art of Dead Space is the ultimate gallery of the Dead Space universe, with over 300 iconic concept art images and sketches, many never seen before, and detailed commentary from the acclaimed artists throughout. From the Necromorph-infested depths of the USG Ishimura to the frozen tundras of Tau Volantis, Dead Space's dramatic scope is sure to tantalize and terrify in equal parts. From awe-inspiring vistas and gruesome Necromorphs to minutely-detailed character designs and the Church of Unitology, here is an unparalleled collection of the finest space-horror gaming art ever collected.
This exclusive edition contains an additional 32-page gallery of exclusive and previously unpublished art from across the game series, including images from Christopher Shy's Dead Space graphic novels, plus a gallery foreword from Dead Space 3 Creative Director, Ben Wanat, all encased in a soft-touch clamshell box featuring Isaac and Carver art from Dead Space 3 and limited to a printing of 1,000 copies.
224 pages, approx. size 9" x 12"
For a limited time, every art book order will come with a free Chrome Plated Marker Pendant (while supplies last)

Man, it's twice the price it should be, especially considering what's in it.

#201 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I already have the Art book preordered with amazon for $23. The clamshell edition is definitely nicer but I dont know if its $40 nicer.

It's actually $48.50 more, after shipping.

#202 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

As much of a fan boy as I am, I think I'll be sticking with my $23 pre order from Amazon. Just doesn't seem worth the extra money, sadly.

#203 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

That clamshell artbook is nice, but its at ebay pricing. I cant pull the trigger yet.

#204 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Can a mod tell me why the heck my post was deleted? It was a response about DLC information. It's ridiculous!!!! Some time I think mods on this forum were dropped as a kid.

#205 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Can a mod tell me why the heck my post was deleted? It was a response about DLC information. It's ridiculous!!!! Some time I think mods on this forum were dropped as a kid.

Cause its always good to make insulting comments about mods ;)

#206 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Bought a clamshell, I'll bundle it with the Dead Space Edition if it goes up in price. I hate EA for this, its overpriced but I feel it will jump in price.

I would buy one for myself but $70 for an art book is pushing it,

#207 Jinque

Jinque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

pass on clamshell... rethinking dev edition.

#208 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Dude its the internet. Move on, I mean who cares really?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#209 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Dude its the internet. Move on, I mean who cares really?

Now if only i can fly like a unicorn i will have it made. :bouncy:

#210 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

So is this an instance of a company buying/importing a crap load and reselling or did EA making a version for the UK?

http://forbiddenplan..._eid=7d24291bf9