Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition only 5,000 made

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#211 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

So is this an instance of a company buying/importing a crap load and reselling or did EA making a version for the UK?

http://forbiddenplan..._eid=7d24291bf9

God bleeping help me if they did. Im holding faith so I havent cancelled yet.

#212 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Dude its the internet. Move on, I mean who cares really?

To answer your question, Obviously I care enough to post about it. I had information in the post that could be helpful to people asking questions regarding DLC content hence it makes no sense why the post was deleted.

#213 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

then repost it

#214 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I believe the deleted post complainer stated that all first runs of the DS3 would come with the same DLC that was in the dev edition. So if you buy the Add on kit and find the game with a discount($20 preorder bonus cert or w/e), you're getting the same deal

#215 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I am the complainer about my post being deleted and that's correct. I answered a number of questions scattered throughout this thread.

The DLC that you get when buying the game with the DEV kit is the same DLC being sold from normal retailers (Best Buy, etc.) I did some research and checked on the retailers website and can confirm it's the same content.

In a nutshell, that's the post that was deleted which I think is very helpful to people who are considering buying the DEV kit with the game.

And since this site is called Cheap ass gamers that posts video game deals I made the point in saying, preorder the game at best buy, get the 20 dollar giftcard, which would be a better deal than buying it with the Dev kit.

Done deal.

Mods, please delete this post in t-minus 10 seconds.

Thanks!

#216 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Damn, that clamshell art book is nice and comes with more pages, but $65?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#217 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Are there just not very many Dead Space fans or what? It seems like this stuff is selling so slowly.

#218 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

So is this an instance of a company buying/importing a crap load and reselling or did EA making a version for the UK?

http://forbiddenplan..._eid=7d24291bf9

On the EA page they specifically say 5,000 total. Why would EA even allow another company to buy enough stock to sell and make profits on. How much would a company like ForbiddenPlanet buy to make it worth their time to resell (500 copies?). Their a big enough company that they got allotted some Zelda Historia Collector's Editions.

After looking at some of their other products, their basically selling every product on the EA Dead Space page so I'm guessing their acting as a middle man for EA to get some of their products to the Euro audience. Sad that's it's selling so slowly that EA needs help moving them.

Edited by Youngnoble, 18 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#219 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hmmm debating to cancel

#220 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

On the EA page they specifically say 5,000 total. Why would EA even allow another company to buy enough stock to sell and make profits on. How much would a company like ForbiddenPlanet buy to make it worth their time to resell (500 copies?). Their a big enough company that they got allotted some Zelda Historia Collector's Editions.

After looking at some of their other products, their basically selling every product on the EA Dead Space page so I'm guessing their acting as a middle man for EA to get some of their products to the Euro audience. Sad that's it's selling so slowly that EA needs help moving them.

How do you know they didn't contract with EA before the item went on sale on ea.com?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#221 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I am the complainer about my post being deleted and that's correct. I answered a number of questions scattered throughout this thread.

The DLC that you get when buying the game with the DEV kit is the same DLC being sold from normal retailers (Best Buy, etc.) I did some research and checked on the retailers website and can confirm it's the same content.

In a nutshell, that's the post that was deleted which I think is very helpful to people who are considering buying the DEV kit with the game.

And since this site is called Cheap ass gamers that posts video game deals I made the point in saying, preorder the game at best buy, get the 20 dollar giftcard, which would be a better deal than buying it with the Dev kit.

Done deal.

Mods, please delete this post in t-minus 10 seconds.

Thanks!

Help me on this, how does it feel to be this much of a drama queen? Just curious.

Your reply probably got deleted cause it was in between a big mess of people bitching. It happens on the internet, get use to it.

#222 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Treehouse(gear.ea.com) and Forbidden Planet have wholesale contracts with EA. FP's alotment is part of the 5k not an additional amount over 5k. I have solid sources, but would rather keep them private.

#223 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Treehouse(gear.ea.com) and Forbidden Planet have wholesale contracts with EA. FP's alotment is part of the 5k not an additional amount over 5k. I have solid sources, but would rather keep them private.

It was my understanding that Treehouse didn't just have a contract with EA they were owned and a part of EA and they exclusively sell EA merchandise (i.e. Mass Effect, Alice, Dead Space, KOA, etc.).

#224 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

FYI - Dead Space + Dead Space 2 Bundle (PC Download) $7.99 - Gamefly.com
Play 1 & 2 before 3 comes out.

Edited by Methoes, 19 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.
Adding source

#225 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

FYI - Dead Space + Dead Space 2 Bundle (PC Download) $7.99
Play 1 & 2 before 3 comes out.

Hmm good deal. PLayed both on Xbox, I assume PC would be a superior experience. Might give it a try.

#226 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

The only thing that worries me is that EA all of sudden put a 10 quantity cap on the Dev Only edition.

Before we could check exactly how many were left and how well they were selling.

Now with the 10 cap we have no idea how many are really left or if EA is pulling our chain.

#227 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

The only thing that worries me is that EA all of sudden put a 10 quantity cap on the Dev Only edition.

Before we could check exactly how many were left and how well they were selling.

Now with the 10 cap we have no idea how many are really left or if EA is pulling our chain.

Does it really matter since they are individually numbered? Then again, 400 people could have number 5000 and nobody would know. Hmmm.

#228 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

yeah im going through dead space 1 this week and 2 next week. awesome games!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#229 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

It was my understanding that Treehouse didn't just have a contract with EA they were owned and a part of EA and they exclusively sell EA merchandise (i.e. Mass Effect, Alice, Dead Space, KOA, etc.).

Semantics, but yes, you are correct. I was giving the simple version for those playing at home.

#230 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

they also sell borderlands stuff, i see them post about it on their twitter account from time to time

#231 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Help me on this, how does it feel to be this much of a drama queen? Just curious.

Your reply probably got deleted cause it was in between a big mess of people bitching. It happens on the internet, get use to it.

I have no problem sleeping at night. Hope that helped with whatever you were seeking, friendo.

#232 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

They're also selling clamshell art book for 65 dollars. Got that instead.

#233 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Umm..might be ridiculous question, but anyone know if the water bottle is BPA free?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#234 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Umm..might be ridiculous question, but anyone know if the water bottle is BPA free?

lol, been on my mind too, but it looks so cheap I think there's more toxic stuff in it than BPA.

#235 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread but does Newegg get the Limited Edition like BB, Gamestop, Amazon?

Tracidic.png

#236 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

OOS now.

#237 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Dam was about to finally about to bite on getting it but I really just only wanted the marker statue. Its just as well I did not since I already have Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition and Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance LE both preordered.

#238 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

so quick question, the game requirements for pc do not say windows 8, will it still work?

#239 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

so quick question, the game requirements for pc do not say windows 8, will it still work?

Yes

#240 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yes

Thanks, but where do they confirm this? or is it just assumed all games for windows work on windows 8?