Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition only 5,000 made

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#241 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I just received my shipping confirmation for the add on. Cant wait to get it.

#242 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Same here received delivery confirmation it is getting here on the 31 st
Posted Image

#243 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I Just got my Dev Kit Add On It is so cool. It was worth the 100 Dollars to me.
Posted Image

#244 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I was gonna ask if anyone got a shipping update yet and it appears so. Mine still says "paid." Glad to see they're coming out.

Btw why doesn't this update? I had to go through six pages to find this thread (on iPhone). Is there an easier way to find old or dead threads?

#245 hasturyo

hasturyo

Emotionaly Unavailabe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I was gonna ask if anyone got a shipping update yet and it appears so. Mine still says "paid." Glad to see they're coming out.

Btw why doesn't this update? I had to go through six pages to find this thread (on iPhone). Is there an easier way to find old or dead threads?

It should update. they send me an email with the tracking number and it updated to shipped.
Posted Image

#246 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I didn't get the add-on yet but I did get my Art Book CE which comes with a free marker pendant. FWIW the pendant is cool but don't pay the $15.xx they're asking for it. Looks like something you could pick up for a $1 in a coin operated vending machine

#247 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I just received my shipping confirmation for the add on. Cant wait to get it.

Just received my Dev-Team Add On. #4322 of #5000. The serial number is on the tin crate so you don't have to open it.

#248 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I didn't get the add-on yet but I did get my Art Book CE which comes with a free marker pendant. FWIW the pendant is cool but don't pay the $15.xx they're asking for it. Looks like something you could pick up for a $1 in a coin operated vending machine

Does the book actually say CE? I saw CE on the sticker. I haven't removed the seal yet. I'm curious if the book actually has the extra pages in it or there a add on. I want to know if this book is different from the normal one and if it's numbered. I do like the clam shell casing though.

#249 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Received both of my dev-team add on. The one I opened was #15/5000 :) I am very impressed with it.

#250 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

I didn't receive any shipping notice yet. Shux!

#251 robbrism

robbrism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I disagree with you on the pendant. It is quite heavy and looks really nice in my opinion. But all of this stuff seems a little overpriced anyway. I missed out on the cheaper plastic marker pendants they sold a few years ago so I was glad to get this one and it helped me make my decision to pull the trigger on the art book.

Does the book actually say CE? I saw CE on the sticker. I haven't removed the seal yet. I'm curious if the book actually has the extra pages in it or there a add on. I want to know if this book is different from the normal one and if it's numbered. I do like the clam shell casing though.

Not that I can find. Unless I am overlooking something on the book, it just looks like the regular book packed into the clamshell packaging. No numbers or anything on the book to say it is a limited edition, has extra pages, nothing. I actually went to Amazon's description of the regular book and it states it is 192 pages. The book I have has the extra pages but I didn't see a page where it stands out and states, "bonus pages" or anything like that. Kinda disappointing and I don't think it was worth the extra money since there is such a huge difference in price between the regular edition and this one. If I hadn't gotten the pendant with it, I would likely be pissed.

I found out about the dev kit after they were sold out but just kept checking back day after day and lucked up and got one a couple of days ago. It is showing to be delivered some time tomorrow.

Anyone here have the Sideshow Isaac Clarke statue? I had a chance to buy the original limited edition (came with a saw attachment) but I just didn't want to pay the $275. Now I am regretting it a little and am thinking about pulling the trigger on the regular edition. Any opinions?

#252 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Not that I can find. Unless I am overlooking something on the book, it just looks like the regular book packed into the clamshell packaging. No numbers or anything on the book to say it is a limited edition, has extra pages, nothing. I actually went to Amazon's description of the regular book and it states it is 192 pages. The book I have has the extra pages but I didn't see a page where it stands out and states, "bonus pages" or anything like that. Kinda disappointing and I don't think it was worth the extra money since there is such a huge difference in price between the regular edition and this one. If I hadn't gotten the pendant with it, I would likely be pissed.

I found out about the dev kit after they were sold out but just kept checking back day after day and lucked up and got one a couple of days ago. It is showing to be delivered some time tomorrow.

Anyone here have the Sideshow Isaac Clarke statue? I had a chance to buy the original limited edition (came with a saw attachment) but I just didn't want to pay the $275. Now I am regretting it a little and am thinking about pulling the trigger on the regular edition. Any opinions?

As long as the extra pages are apart of the book I'm happy. Ours are exclusive. I like the clamshell that it stores in. I'm guessing thats supposed to be our CE cover.

#253 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

just got my two. the big box they came in together looked beat up but the boxes inside that actually had the CE were fine.

i got 404/5000 and 3400/5000

i havent opened either one beyond that though not that those parts are really sealed or anything. one is certainly going for sale sooner or later. the question is which one. heck i might sell both lol.

but i received no shipping notice or anything. they just showed up at my door today randomly.

#254 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

just got my two. the big box they came in together looked beat up but the boxes inside that actually had the CE were fine.

i got 404/5000 and 3400/5000

i havent opened either one beyond that though not that those parts are really sealed or anything. one is certainly going for sale sooner or later. the question is which one. heck i might sell both lol.

but i received no shipping notice or anything. they just showed up at my door today randomly.

Same thing happened to me. My fiance sent me an e-mail saying that an enormous box arrived at her work. I had these shipped to her office since their mail room is right on their floor. My workplace mail room is on it's own floor and I didn't want to have to deal with that. Anyway, I never received shipping notification but they were delivered to her workplace this morning. She sent me a picture of the box as it's almost as big as her. The thing looked beat to heck! I didn't have her open the box so I'm hoping everything is in good shape. If these boxes are tin I'm hoping they held up and didn't dent during shipping.

I'll be picking these up in about 20 minutes. Can't wait to check them out.

#255 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

well the boxes with the CE in them are also packed with styrofoam so that helps i didnt see any damage.

#256 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=25182

Posted a blog entry with a quick, sloppy unboxing video. Will update the video this weekend with a more in-depth look.

#257 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

My order page still hasn't updated but now that I see people are randomly getting theirs without notice there's still hope of getting it soon. It's not a big deal to have it right now, but I would like to know if its in transit or not so it doesn't get lost.

#258 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just got mine today... it's bigger than I thought it would be, and is pretty impressive.

#259 robbrism

robbrism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Just got mine in and checked it out. #2581. Really packaged well and the marker looks great. Very happy with it. Much more than the clamshell art book.

#260 jeffthebeast

jeffthebeast

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ups guy just dropped mine off. #1559 , im very happy with it aswell. I also never received a conformation email for shipping.

#261 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Ups guy just dropped mine off. #1559 , im very happy with it aswell. I also never received a conformation email for shipping.

Same here, but diff number :) don't know why the order page never updated.

#262 Shinobi128

Shinobi128

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Did anyone else receive the "Data Pad" damaged? When I say damaged, it looks like someone was wiping down the transparent pages with an abrasive towel. Mine are all scratched up.

#263 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Did anybody that ordered this edition with the game receive the game in the same package? I ordered two, one with and one without on different days. I received the one without today and am scheduled to receive the other one on monday. UPS has the weights down as slightly different so i'm hoping my monday delivery comes in with the game...

#264 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Received mine today and was a little disappointed that the tin itself doesn't have any type of factory seal on it. Technically, there is no way to distinguish new from used.

#265 Malice

Malice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Received mine today and was a little disappointed that the tin itself doesn't have any type of factory seal on it. Technically, there is no way to distinguish new from used.

They probably did this because of resellers. I can't say I blame them, but it does bring the value down a little.

Whatever reason you bought it, Id hang onto it for a few years. I can see it in the 400-500$ range at some point pending more sequels etc... Even if youre in it just to resell think of it as investing.

Also my status still says PAID with no shipping notice yet! Im in no rush but would like to see this thing in person!

I really wish I could hang on to it. But I need some quick cash sooner than later so it's not an option. I do appreciate the advice, though.

#266 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

#4695 here, just arrived yesterday. Dead Space is one of my favorite franchises of this generation so I am extremely happy to get it in since $100 was a lot more reasonable than the $260 Plasma cutter, $350 statue or $600+ Ultra LE that I want.

538822.png

#267 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well, I bought 2. One for looking at and enjoying and one to keep completely sealed for investment.

It's true that it isn't factory sealed but I plan on keeping the original box it was shipped in completely sealed. You can easily tell if it was reboxed. Keeping it sealed in the original shipping box is the factory seal for this.

Also, I uploaded a detailed page by page video of the art book for all those who are interested and didn't get a chance to grab one of these pre-orders.

Enjoy everyone!

#268 AsianJedi

AsianJedi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Well, I bought 2. One for looking at and enjoying and one to keep completely sealed for investment.

It's true that it isn't factory sealed but I plan on keeping the original box it was shipped in completely sealed. You can easily tell if it was reboxed. Keeping it sealed in the original shipping box is the factory seal for this.

Also, I uploaded a detailed page by page video of the art book for all those who are interested and didn't get a chance to grab one of these pre-orders.

Enjoy everyone!

So, mine arrived today, #2109. I may have a rare misprint version, but does anyone else's art book got printed upside down? My Dead Space 3 art book looks nothing like this YouTube video. The first page when I open the book is the Art of Dead Space 3 page upside down. Then it starts from page 95 all the way to 1, all upside down. Anyone have any ideas if there was some printing errors?

#269 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Anyone else not got shipping confirmation on their Dev add on? My status still has it listed as "paid".

#270 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Got my Dev Kit today. #742. This thing is the nerd business.