Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS Bundle coming to NA

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

As the title of the thread suggests. More info on the bundle is to come soon.

https://pbs.twimg.co...M3daK.jpg:large

Other than the black 3DS, this is the only 3DS that I've seen that's actually visually appealing and coming to the states. That combined with the fact that I'm a pretty big Fire Emblem fan and I just might have to finally break and get a 3DS.

#2 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Will buying Day One. Just waiting for someone to announce a pre order.
Already pre ordered the game at Gamestop so I can have the actual game and the pre order book. Game looks so awesome that I don't mind double dipping.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#3 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I already have my XL so I'm good but it does look like a sweet system.

#4 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's up on Gamestop.
http://www.gamestop....g-bundle/107660
Now Playing:

#5 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

I played the demo today. First time I've had any experience with a Fire Emblem game. I like what I could play. I'll probably pick it up for $30ish.

#6 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Is this available for preorder anywhere other the Gamestop? Has anyone found it in the Best Buy Kiosk?

#7 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Is this available for preorder anywhere other the Gamestop? Has anyone found it in the Best Buy Kiosk?

It's up on Newegg but I can't find it on the BB website. I'll check the kiosk next time I'm in.

#8 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

I won't be buying the bundle, but will definately buy the game soon. I have always enjoyed the series, but have never finished a game. It looks and plays great on the demo. Plus, I like the normal setting with the characters returning and the ability to save at any point. Maybe those aren't the "real" way to play Fire Emblem, but will make it an accessible and enjoyable experience for me.

#9 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Is there a bonus/incentive for finishing the level/game with the perma-death option?
Posted Image

#10 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I won't be buying the bundle, but will definately buy the game soon. I have always enjoyed the series, but have never finished a game. It looks and plays great on the demo. Plus, I like the normal setting with the characters returning and the ability to save at any point. Maybe those aren't the "real" way to play Fire Emblem, but will make it an accessible and enjoyable experience for me.

Yeah I hate it when you get Steve, your only archer, to lvl 30 and some goblins surround him and he snuffs it. STEEEEEVE! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVE NOOOOOOOOOOO

#11 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I will always play perma-death mode since I've been playing Fire Emblem for years, but I like the fact that they included a normal mode to bring in some new players.

And I'll join the list of people who already have a 3DS (XL), but I'll gladly pick up this game on day one.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

just picked up my copy tonight. Can't wait to play it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#13 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Picked up the game at Best Buy yesterday and am already loving it. I didn't plan to buy it this soon but just wanted to get that Marth DLC while it's free.

I almost did go for the FE 3DS bundle but I suspect one of the future LE design/colors will end up being even more desirable to be had instead.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#14 sweeetja713

sweeetja713

I've been a member too damn long to be a newbie again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

How long is the Marth dlc free. I'm having trouble getting into the xl shop right now for some reason

Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

Come check out my tradelist. It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games. Includes pen and paper rpgs and more. http://www.cheapassg...hl= sweeetja713
Do you have a Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA box if so please pm me. I want it.

#15 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

How long is the Marth dlc free. I'm having trouble getting into the xl shop right now for some reason

Until 3/6. Afterwards, it's $2.50.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#16 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I take it there is no way to grind?
Now Playing:

#17 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I take it there is no way to grind?

You can grind the DLC maps all you want actually :)

#18 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I mean before then.
Only 2 of my guys are at Level 5 and the rest of them are not that strong to beat Chapter 4 to get to the DLC yet.
Now Playing:

#19 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm on Chapter 3, and during the talking scenes I just cant stop looking at everyone's leg nubs. It looks like there are supposed to be feet there, but they don't quite render.

Other than that, I'm loving the game. I'm going to try and play without anyone dying, but i'm guessing thats going to be near impossible later on. I've had a couple close calls but amazingly got through by some random luck with enemy attacks missing.

538822.png

#20 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Not being able to repair weapons sucks.

#21 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

You can repair weapons. You just have to wait.
I found an item called Hammer something that's a staff and can repair one item.
Don't know what I will use it on yet.

I'm totally loving this game.
So far only one married couple and a few close ones like Fred and Sully.
My main guy went from Mage to Sage and I love him. Paired him up with the Trickster girl and they are boss. Chrom is a Great Lord and paired with the War Monk.

So far my favorite 3DS game yet and looks amazing on the 3DS XL.
Now Playing:

#22 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

This game is awesome, best FE game I've ever played.

The repairing item is Hammerne.

Also, my thoughts on Donnel, the best character in the game: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t1lhi/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Finished the game a couple days ago at roughly 45 hours played. I did all the paralogues and other miscellaneous side quests but have not fully developed all the characters stories. Overall, my units were unstoppable as most of the children had OP abilities like Galeforce that demolished enemy troops before they even get an attack off and Armsthrift which allowed my units to keep using grade A weapons without degrading.

The Nintendo Store in Manhattan has some Fire Emblem street pass events on Fridays that I'd like to take part in just to see how my army stands up against others.

#24 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Just beat this game also. First Fire Emblem game and loved it. Clocked in over 45 hours too but the 3DS Activity log clocked me at over 55 hours which is more accurate because I played in Classic mode and had some troops die on me several times.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#25 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Love this game. Made my team and went to a local Streetpass event and my team beat everyone I play but do not know if people were able to beat me.

Can't wait to go to another and see how my team stacks up.
Now Playing:

#26 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Does a hard copy of this game include anything that makes it more attractive than just downloading the game?

A map, or even a decent booklet?

Thanks for the details on the Marth DLC in this thread. I wasn't aware of that!

#27 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Does a hard copy of this game include anything that makes it more attractive than just downloading the game?

A map, or even a decent booklet?

Thanks for the details on the Marth DLC in this thread. I wasn't aware of that!

Nope, nothing collectible or manually-interesting with the hard copy version.

My Digital GAMES and DLC Lowball Sale is NOW CLOSED.  Sweet deals gone...girl.

animePSP2.jpg

#28 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Extremely late notice, but for anyone that hasnt downloaded the free DLC map, this is a friendly reminder. I believe it expires tomorrow (the 6th). You have to complete Chapter 4 before the world map will allow you to download DLC.

#29 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

I assume that free map will be available for $$$ after this offer ends?

#30 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Right, there is quite a bit of DLC for Fire Emblem
i think the cost of that map is $2.50 or so.