Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS Bundle coming to NA

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Cool, thanks. Doesn't look like I will even FIND a hard copy anytime soon.

#32 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Try BestBuy.com or Targets.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#33 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Finally found one at a local Target last night. Wahoo! Now to try and reach DLC point before the free DLC goes away... unless it already has?

#34 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

So I am playing about a Chapter per night and playing on casual mode (not permadeath) since its my first FE game and first SRPG too. I breezed through Chaps 1-4 with Lissa only occasionally healing members of the party.

Chapter 5 is a whole different story. All enemies are level 5, and only my hero is level 5. All other menbers I've been trying to get xp and are around levels 2-4. However I lost 3 members in about 2 rounds last night and turned it off.(I know they would come back at the end of the chapter, but seriously started questioning my ability to win that battle.

Clearly I need more Strategery. Do I need to grind or better use the bottlenecks on that field?

#35 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Is it possible to use the touch screen for picking units?
Seems kind of a waste to have to use the joystick

#36 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

The only thing that could possibly make this game any better for me if there was local multiplayer in the vein of actually fighting your opponent real time.

Total of around 70 hours into the game on hard/classic, and still haven't beaten it yet (Mainly because I have taken two separate files to ch 20 haha.)

Once I beat that, I'll have to have a go at lunatic just to see how crazy that will be!

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#37 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I am still on Chapter 5. I read about Donnel and his growth rates so now I am a little obsessed trying to level him up. I am playing Classic so I have to soft reset quite a lot more than I thought I would. The only other Fire Emblem I played was Shadow Dragon and I never finished it because my save file got corrupted.
Posted Image

#38 aceneHabjaiva

aceneHabjaiva

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Au risque de cancer distinguer le tout il auditive entre : il est risque comme le tabagisme dit pas suffisamment c?est française soit près de yeux on les ferme janvier bonsoir il te est d?autres qui théoriquement disposent également d?un réel pour vous aider mieux vous pouvez joindre vos honoraires des nationales de  le problème de la angoulême audioprothésiste en vous le choix la qualité l?acidité du cerveau révélatrice et complètement transparent est jour contextuelle et en place deux réseaux.

#39 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

^Oui oui!

So I didn't know Donnel was such a beast. I beat Paralogue 1 last night and didn't recruit him because he seemed way too weak (did you see him?!).

I keep a rolling save on all three slots in case I need to.go back a chapter. I'll restart that one to get him.

#40 Scobie

Scobie

CAG City Rocker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

I just broke the 50 hour mark on my save file this morning. Vaike is my tank. His forged silver axe is a one hit kill on everybody I've faced so far. I've been level grinding and building relationship stats among my characters for the last 20ish hours of gameplay. I'm not in a rush to advance the story because I'm having too much fun! This is the best game I've played in a long, long, long time.
Posted Image

#41 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

I completely agree. I'm only at 11 hours but have half my main party to level 10-11. I keep doing the random battles to prolong the story. Just finished Chapter 7.

Virion is my favorite. He's an arrogant clown, but his bow and some wind magic decimates dragons.

#42 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

I've just finished Chapter 7, but have wasted a lot of time buying Reeking Boxes and training my characters. In the beginning of the game, I feared these random encounters for they would annihilate me by mobbing my characters. After a little while, I got into the flow and started exploiting the boxes and have successfully paired two couples for marriage.

I do like Vaike.

Batsugunner.png

#43 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

So I'm on the chapter (wanna say 5-6?) where you have to rescue some woman, queen comes with you and a kid that uses magic shows up and there's a shit ton of enemies on the map. I'd like to know when the game lets you get better weapons for your main character as he still has a puny bronze sword and two spells, Thunder and Fire, both which do crap damage. It's to the point where I don't even use him as he doesn't do any good damage and I'm afraid he's going to get killed so I stick to Chrom and Frederick. The latter is a awesome btw, I'm willing to get I could solo entire maps with him thus far if I had wanted to.

Anyway, I'm just asking as I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not as all the shops at the moment just sell stuff he can't use (including iron swords, which is weird as he can use bronze ones) so I'm stuck using a lame bronze sword or pitiful magic.

#44 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

What level weapons does your character have? You can try to grind a little to brais your weapon proficiency and then you'll be able to use other weapons. If your just keep using Chrom and Fredrick the rest of your characters will be pretty useless. If you got the free DLC that's a good map to grind
Posted Image

#45 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Spoiler

#46 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think the future kids appear around chapter 19. They will appear at that time if their parents are married or they will appear after that as soon as they marry.

#47 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

I downloaded this game yesterday. It's very fun but I feel obligated to lvl up my weak guys, which leads to them 'dying.' Complex strategy is needed even on easy stages. Very cool game!
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#48 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

This game is fun, but I worry about every single decision I make, like I'm working in the Senate or something and the wrong move will bankrupt California. So all the stat boost items are unused and seals are reviewed with extreme caution. I think I'm a bit too nuts.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#49 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Yeah I haven't even used a stat boost item yet. Not that I need to, my troops are way overpowered. Was having too much fun raising up troops and putting together cool skill combos I broke the game's difficulty. Oh well. Better than having to restart a level half a dozen times because I keep losing a character. But then again that's what has defined the fire emblem experience for me up until now.

Posted Image

#50 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

So what happens if Chrom isn't married by the time they show

Spoiler

#51 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

So what happens if Chrom isn't married by the time they show

Spoiler

If Chrom has no support points with any eligible female at that point, he marries a plain village girl that is never seen or heard from again.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#52 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

ah thank you

If Chrom has no support points with any eligible female at that point, he marries a plain village girl that is never seen or heard from again.

Cool thank you was really interested in this.

On the subject of marriage. I paired Gaius and Nowi and they don't seem to love each other. Gaius is pretty much meh lets see where this marriage thing takes us

#53 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm at Walhart but his soldiers are too damn hard.

I spent too much time using my lower level characters earlier, I think. Should I really just ignore the huge roster they keep sending me?

Also all the Risen stopped showing up on my map, so I think the only way to level up is to fight streetpass dudes.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#54 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Try using the reek box.

#55 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

This game is so addicting.  I got it before the recent BB price drop, but I don't mind paying $30+.  Awesome game with tons of replay.  Are there any other similar games on the 3DS yet or is this the first?  I love the mix of JRPG and strategy. 

#56 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

I'm so depressed I missed the $15 sale. I've always wanted to play Fire Emblem, especially since it's like Advance Wars and that game would give me boners galore. 

This game is so addicting.  I got it before the recent BB price drop, but I don't mind paying $30+.  Awesome game with tons of replay.  Are there any other similar games on the 3DS yet or is this the first?  I love the mix of JRPG and strategy. 

Like I mentioned before, have you ever played Advance Wars? There are 2 for GBA and 2 for DS. I haven't played the DS versions so I can't say for sure if they are good like the GBA versions. 

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#57 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm so depressed I missed the $15 sale. I've always wanted to play Fire Emblem, especially since it's like Advance Wars and that game would give me boners galore. 

Like I mentioned before, have you ever played Advance Wars? There are 2 for GBA and 2 for DS. I haven't played the DS versions so I can't say for sure if they are good like the GBA versions. 

From what I've played of Dual Strike, it is much easier than the GBA games.  The difficulty gap is a lot more than AW to AW2.  Still fun game though.  Haven't touched the other one.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!