Photo
- - - - -

DJMAX Technika Tune VITA $44.99 shipped TODAY ONLY....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

http://www.technikat...y=0&id=15443293

From the DJ MAX Facebook...

"This weekend (starting at 12:00am Saturday, ending 12:00am monday) we'll be giving $5 off on all purchases of TECHNIKA TUNE from technikatune.com!"

Just enter coupon code: DJMTTUNE48 at checkout!

So the game ends up being $44.99 with FREE SHIPPING. I didn't have any tax when I checked out via Paypal, I'd imagine its the same with paying with a card. Probably the cheapest this game will be unless Amazon ever stocks it.

Edited by Gosha, 14 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#2 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

this game really isnt worth 50. it should of been 39.99. loved it but the replay value is slim unless youre some crazy korean who lives for djmax

#3 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I disagree. GREAT game. The song selection is great and it is tons of fun. Support the company!

#4 atomicmouse

atomicmouse

Not even once

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

this game really isnt worth 50. it should of been 39.99. loved it but the replay value is slim unless youre some crazy korean who lives for djmax

Or maybe like the songs? Either way I disagree. Pretty fun game :lol:

#5 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Just finished Hatsune Miku and am a sucker for music games :) Picked one up.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#6 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Thank you, OP. I picked up a copy since I wanted it anyways. I also want to support the company to show that we still want physical games.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#7 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I haven't even opened the copy I bought since I also got it digitally when I reviewed it.

Maybe I'll put my copy up on the trade forum and see if someone would like to trade Hatsune Miku for it. (Vita)

#8 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'd been eyeing this game but 3+ gigs was bordering on too large for my 16 GB memory card. $45 with no tax and free shipping is pretty great.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#9 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I've never even heard of this game...was it released in retail? I work at GameStop and have never seen it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#10 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

It was only sold through Amazon and by Pentavision themselves.

#11 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

It was only sold through Amazon and by Pentavision themselves.

Ohh ok. That's pretty odd lol
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#12 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Completely agree. This should be $39.99 regular, $5 off today for $34.99. Will have to wait for a deal on PS+ or something, $50 is ridiculous and I LOVE the DJMax series.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#13 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I've never even heard of this game...was it released in retail? I work at GameStop and have never seen it

Both this and Under Defeat HD aren't even in gamestop's system for trade.

#14 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Both this and Under Defeat HD aren't even in gamestop's system for trade.

That's because Gamestop is too busy reslling ios devices, dre's Beats, and mobile phones to care. Hah, jk.

I think its just because these games have such low print runs, it wouldn't be wise to deal with shipping to too many distributors and whatnot.

#15 depward

depward

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm a huge DJ Max fan and I actually ended up selling my copy on Amazon just two days ago. I thought the game was really polished, looked great on the OLED... but my issues:

1) I missed actually using buttons / dpad.

2) In order to play using the backtouch, you have to hold your Vita in a really funky way. Kind of the same reason why I ended up trading in Kid Icarus; both great games but I don't want to be required to really struggle with controls / holding the system to play (but then again, I put in hundreds of hours in Monster Hunter using the "claw"... so go figure).

Again, great game. Lots of polish. Looks great. But this release just wasn't for me I guess.

#16 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'm a huge DJ Max fan and I actually ended up selling my copy on Amazon just two days ago. I thought the game was really polished, looked great on the OLED... but my issues:

2) In order to play using the backtouch, you have to hold your Vita in a really funky way. Kind of the same reason why I ended up trading in Kid Icarus; both great games but I don't want to be required to really struggle with controls / holding the system to play (but then again, I put in hundreds of hours in Monster Hunter using the "claw"... so go figure).

Again, great game. Lots of polish. Looks great. But this release just wasn't for me I guess.

for using the back touch i have to play with either my charger plugged in or headphones for my fingers to grip. disagree strongly on kid icarus though. i still cant understand how so many people couldnt handle the controls. not a single pain or cramp for me. might be the large amount of hours put into metroid prime hunters though

#17 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

19.99 is highest I will go for this game
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#18 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

19.99 is highest I will go for this game

^This.

It's a music game so eventually it will drop in price. No handheld game is worth $50. Also it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Tap Tap Revenge has been doing this for a long time on iOS.

xivpads.png

#19 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

I don't know if it will ever reach $19.99 in physical form considering the game is only being sold by Pentavision themselves. There will not be many of these games in circulation. Of course, I could be completely wrong and this game could be $5.00 on eBay someday.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#20 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

^This.

It's a music game so eventually it will drop in price. No handheld game is worth $50. Also it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Tap Tap Revenge has been doing this for a long time on iOS.

Yeaaaah, good luck on that.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#21 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

there is a front-screen-only option also, if you don't want to play using front + back screen

#22 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I brought it just to give them a little support. It sad that there are not a lot of good music/rhythm games for this generation. Used to play a lot of DDR and Pump It Up on the PS2, and DJMax on the PSP.

#23 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

I figure the physical edition will become rare and 3 GB is way too much space to use on a memory card, so I went ahead and ordered one. I know I want to play it and I'd kick myself if this is the cheapest the physical version ever gets and I didn't buy it.
Posted Image

#24 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Buddy, you can apply this to any music game you don't like.

It's a music game so eventually it will drop in price.

You must be new to dealing with music games localized from another region.

#25 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

there is a front-screen-only option also, if you don't want to play using front + back screen

The front screen option gets pretty cluttered if you play front screen only. It's nice to add it for purists but I play with a stylus and its just too much to handle with the extra notes on the front screen.

#26 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I brought it just to give them a little support. It sad that there are not a lot of good music/rhythm games for this generation. Used to play a lot of DDR and Pump It Up on the PS2, and DJMax on the PSP.

I figure the physical edition will become rare and 3 GB is way too much space to use on a memory card, so I went ahead and ordered one. I know I want to play it and I'd kick myself if this is the cheapest the physical version ever gets and I didn't buy it.

Yeah, I ordered one for these two reasons combined. Tightly-timed rhythm games like this on home console are pretty much going the way of the dodo, especially with the advent of newer TVs that introduce so much latency.

I actually was trying to play Incredible Crisis for the PS1 the other day, and a lot of those minigames were almost impossible when I was playing it through my PS3 hooked up to my LCD tv. Ended up having to play it on my 10 year old TV I have in the other room hooked up to my PS2, Gamecube, etc.
Posted Image

#27 briandadude

briandadude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Snagged one, thanks OP! I've been eyeing this game for a while and didn't want to buy an absurdly-priced memory card.

#28 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Looks kinda cool, but where's Parappa? He needs to stop fighting and come out with another pure Parappa game. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#29 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Buddy, you can apply this to any music game you don't like.

You must be new to dealing with music games localized from another region.

oh no but buddy i loved the game. buuuuudddyyyyyyy

#30 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Looks kinda cool, but where's Parappa? He needs to stop fighting and come out with another pure Parappa game. ;)

100% THIS!!!!! :applause::whee::pray:
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image