21 replies to this topic

#1 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Bit.Trip Saga (3DS) $12.99

http://www.amazon.co...s=bit trip saga

I waits forever to see it drop down $10 or less. Finally picked it up for $12.99 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#2 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Thanks OP. Apparently, framerate issues in 3D although wasn't planning on playing it in 3D anyways.

#3 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Not really issues as much as nothing in 3d can run above 30 FPS.

#4 droidekaspam

droidekaspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

You might want to mention that is a Markeplaces, 3rd party seller on Amazon. Sold by Amazon is still charging $18.09.

#5 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means it's backed by Amazon and their shipping/return/whatever else policies. There's really no discernible difference when it's like that.

#6 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

It's $14.99 digitally on the eShop now, for the record.

oIi9lub.png

#7 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means it's backed by Amazon and their shipping/return/whatever else policies. There's really no discernible difference when it's like that.

It has to be shipped and sold by amazon to price match the deal elsewhere.

#8 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

It has to be shipped and sold by amazon to price match the deal elsewhere.

Interesting bit of info. And important if anyone wants to try to price match, although I didn't think that was relevant when I made my reply.

#9 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Are there any differences between the 3DS and Wii sets? If they're the same, then which version is recommended?

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#10 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Not the exchange policy, if purchased through a third party fulfilled by Amazon. You can't exchange an item for another if there's something wrong with it. You have to return for refund (which isn't ideal if the item goes OOS or the price changes)

#11 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Are there any differences between the 3DS and Wii sets? If they're the same, then which version is recommended?

The wii version comes with a soundtrack CD.

The controls on the paddle games (flux, core I think) are a lot more intuitive on 3DS. On Wii it's weird "hold the remote sideways & tilt toward/away from screen" as opposed to just stylus controls on 3ds.

A couple later levels in Runner on 3DS are buggy, but it's distracting, not game-breaking.

This recommends the Wii version http://www.nintendol...ittrip_complete

#12 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

For those that it matters to, this game comes with Club Nintendo points.

TheVila.png

#13 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Actually there are some differences. For one you don't get charge tax. Also there will be a sticker from the seller.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#14 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

The wii version comes with a soundtrack CD.

The controls on the paddle games (flux, core I think) are a lot more intuitive on 3DS. On Wii it's weird "hold the remote sideways & tilt toward/away from screen" as opposed to just stylus controls on 3ds.

A couple later levels in Runner on 3DS are buggy, but it's distracting, not game-breaking.

This recommends the Wii version http://www.nintendol...ittrip_complete

Thank you for the response, I will have to read a little more into it. I'm on a little bit of Wii spree so I'm feeling the Wii version, however, having it portable is nice too. Decisions. Decisions.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#15 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Not the exchange policy, if purchased through a third party fulfilled by Amazon. You can't exchange an item for another if there's something wrong with it. You have to return for refund (which isn't ideal if the item goes OOS or the price changes)

I'm learning a lot tonight.

For me, just the fact that I can return something easily is good enough. And since I've never attempted to exchange anything I've bought, I haven't ran into that speedbump yet - not to mention there probably wouldn't be much reason to when it comes to games, unless UPS/FedEx/insert your favorite shipping company here went and played kickball with it.

#16 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm leaning towards the Wii version, so I'll skip this one. Thanks, OP!

cagSig.png515886.png

#17 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Wii version's only $17.28 with FSSS http://www.amazon.co...t trip complete

I paid $40 and I thought it was worth every penny

#18 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

To let people know, if you have the choice between the 3DS Saga and Wii Complete, I would only get the 3DS version if portability is your main reason you would ever play the games. The Wii version has a few exclusive extras that eclipse the 3DS, such as:

- Separate CD soundtrack, 18 songs, all based around the main 18 songs throughout the 6 games.

- Each game has 20 challenge stages that go above and beyond the normal difficulty of the main stages.

- Online leader boards

- Easy and Hard difficulty settings for all the original games (Easy is a godsend for newbies)

- Unlockable content (minor stuff such as letters, artwork, and music)

Complete is probably in my top 3 Wii games, so my bias may start to show here, but I'd highly recommend that instead of the 3DS version.

#19 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I actually grabbed the Wii version yesterday at Gamestop for $13 and change (20% off coupon + 10 % PUR.) Thank you again to everyone for the recommendations.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#20 SkywardKing

SkywardKing

El-Skyward Magnifico

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I kinda wanted this game a while back after seeing some gameplay and some positive reviews from a couple folks. It's been a while and i kinda forgot how the gameplay is though lol.

#21 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ouch, I bought this/3DS version last week from Amazon for $15.

#22 ProudLoz

ProudLoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks OP, I got this deal. :D