Bit.Trip Saga (3DS) $12.99

You might want to mention that is a Markeplaces, 3rd party seller on Amazon. Sold by Amazon is still charging $18.09.

It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means it's backed by Amazon and their shipping/return/whatever else policies. There's really no discernible difference when it's like that.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means it's backed by Amazon and their shipping/return/whatever else policies. There's really no discernible difference when it's like that.[/QUOTE]

It has to be shipped and sold by amazon to price match the deal elsewhere.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']It has to be shipped and sold by amazon to price match the deal elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Interesting bit of info. And important if anyone wants to try to price match, although I didn't think that was relevant when I made my reply.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']It's fulfilled by Amazon, which means it's backed by Amazon and their shipping/return/whatever else policies. There's really no discernible difference when it's like that.[/QUOTE]

Not the exchange policy, if purchased through a third party fulfilled by Amazon. You can't exchange an item for another if there's something wrong with it. You have to return for refund (which isn't ideal if the item goes OOS or the price changes)

[quote name='therealdeal19']Are there any differences between the 3DS and Wii sets? If they're the same, then which version is recommended?[/QUOTE]

The wii version comes with a soundtrack CD.

The controls on the paddle games (flux, core I think) are a lot more intuitive on 3DS. On Wii it's weird "hold the remote sideways & tilt toward/away from screen" as opposed to just stylus controls on 3ds.

A couple later levels in Runner on 3DS are buggy, but it's distracting, not game-breaking.

This recommends the Wii version http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/feature_bittrip_saga_vs_bittrip_complete

Actually there are some differences. For one you don't get charge tax. Also there will be a sticker from the seller.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']The wii version comes with a soundtrack CD.

The controls on the paddle games (flux, core I think) are a lot more intuitive on 3DS. On Wii it's weird "hold the remote sideways & tilt toward/away from screen" as opposed to just stylus controls on 3ds.

A couple later levels in Runner on 3DS are buggy, but it's distracting, not game-breaking.

This recommends the Wii version http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/feature_bittrip_saga_vs_bittrip_complete[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the response, I will have to read a little more into it. I'm on a little bit of Wii spree so I'm feeling the Wii version, however, having it portable is nice too. Decisions. Decisions.

[quote name='bruceg']Not the exchange policy, if purchased through a third party fulfilled by Amazon. You can't exchange an item for another if there's something wrong with it. You have to return for refund (which isn't ideal if the item goes OOS or the price changes)[/QUOTE]

I'm learning a lot tonight.

For me, just the fact that I can return something easily is good enough. And since I've never attempted to exchange anything I've bought, I haven't ran into that speedbump yet - not to mention there probably wouldn't be much reason to when it comes to games, unless UPS/FedEx/insert your favorite shipping company here went and played kickball with it.

To let people know, if you have the choice between the 3DS Saga and Wii Complete, I would only get the 3DS version if portability is your main reason you would ever play the games. The Wii version has a few exclusive extras that eclipse the 3DS, such as:

- Separate CD soundtrack, 18 songs, all based around the main 18 songs throughout the 6 games.

- Each game has 20 challenge stages that go above and beyond the normal difficulty of the main stages.

- Online leader boards

- Easy and Hard difficulty settings for all the original games (Easy is a godsend for newbies)

- Unlockable content (minor stuff such as letters, artwork, and music)

Complete is probably in my top 3 Wii games, so my bias may start to show here, but I'd highly recommend that instead of the 3DS version.

I actually grabbed the Wii version yesterday at Gamestop for $13 and change (20% off coupon + 10 % PUR.) Thank you again to everyone for the recommendations.

I kinda wanted this game a while back after seeing some gameplay and some positive reviews from a couple folks. It's been a while and i kinda forgot how the gameplay is though lol.

bread's done
Back