SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#751 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Well the value on my future shop one just tanked lol. Damn Transformers.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#752 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Where are the Warners steelbook going to be available, is the universal only on Amazon and are the paramounts only at Wal Mart?

#753 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Where are the Warners steelbook going to be available, is the universal only on Amazon and are the paramounts only at Wal Mart?

The Warner Steelbooks will be at Walmart in-store and Amazon/Best Buy online.

The Paramount MetalPacks so far look like a Walmart Exclusive.

The Universal Steelbooks are going to be at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart. A Walmart employee said they already received the Universal Steelbooks and will be put out on May 7 with the Warner Steelbooks and Paramount MetalPacks.

Edited by Raven6009, 02 May 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

#754 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

So many steelbooks / metalpacks...

A good problem to have if you ask me.

#755 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

So after being backlogged on the thread, is this the correct compilation of Steels & Metals coming out in the US?

Warner Brothers Steelbooks
Tuesday - May 7, 2013
$19.99 @ Amazon & Best Buy Online
01) Batman
02) Batman Returns
03) Braveheart
04) Chinatown
05) Face/Off
06) Gladiator
07) Heat
08) Journey to the Center of the Earth
09) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
10) Sucker Punch
11) The Town
12) True Grit
13) Watchmen

Paramount MetalPacks
Tuesday - May 7, 2013
$12.96 @ Walmart In Store & Online
01) Deep Impact
02) The Godfather
03) The Hunt For Red October
04) Transformers
05) Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
06) Mission: Impossible
07) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
08) Patriot Games
09) Saving Private Ryan
10) War of the Worlds

Universal Reel Heroes Steelbooks
Tuesday - June 25, 2013
$13.99 @ Amazon & Best Buy & Walmart In Store + Online
01) The Big Lebowski
02) The Chronicles of Riddick
03) Death Race
04) Doom
05) Hellboy II
06) Hot Fuzz
07) Hulk
08) The Incredible Hulk
09) The Mummy
10) Paul
11) Pitch Black
12) Scarface
13) Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
14) Serenity
15) Shaun of the Dead
16) Van Helsing

#756 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Snip

For anyone wanting some of these I noticed the Walmart I work at has already started setting the shelf for these and they are all $12.96(from what I could tell). The only ones I did not see last night are the Paramount steels.

#757 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Some stores started putting these out on Friday. Looks like they're all $12.96.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#758 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

^Wow, I thought those in the top row weren't releasing until June (according to Amazon)? :???: If they're up for sale already, I know what I'm using a few more DVDs on for Upgrade & Save...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#759 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

The Universal Steelbooks are Walmart Exclusive until June 25. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

So after being backlogged on the thread, is this the correct compilation of Steels & Metals coming out in the US?

Spoiler

Actually there is 61 of them coming out. Here's a full list courtesy of neoz from blu-ray.com.

Universal Reel Heros Steelbooks

June 25, 2013 (available May 7 only at Walmart)

Big Lebowski
Chronicles of Riddick
Death Race
Doom
Hellboy II
Hot Fuzz
Hulk
Incredible Hulk
Mummy
Paul
Pitch Black
Scarface
Scott Pilgrim
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Van Helsing

Paramount Metalpaks (Walmart Exclusive)

May 7, 2012

Deep Impact
Godfather
Hunt for Red October
Mission Imossible
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Patriot Games
Saving Private Ryan
Transformers 1
Transformers 3
War of the Worlds

WB Steelbooks (reissues)

May 07,2013

Batman Begins (New Art)
Book of Eli
Dark Knight, The (New Art)
Clash of the Titans
Departed, The
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern (New Art)
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Matrix (10th Anniversary)
Shawshank Redemption, The
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta
Wrath of the Titans

New WB/Paramount Steelbooks

May 07, 2013

Batman
Batman Returns
Braveheart (Paramount)
Chinatown (Paramount)
Face/Off
Gladiator (Paramount)
Heat
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
The Town
True Grit (1969)
Watchmen

Edited by shrike4242, 06 May 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#760 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Gonna cancel my amazon order I guess and just pick them up early

#761 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Do the Journey ones come with 3D? (I really doubt it)

#762 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Boo. My WalMart didn't have anything like that set up today.

#763 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Ah, my bad--I didn't notice that those were Walmart price tags. :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#764 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

I checked out the steels at Walmart. Word of warning: the Transformers Steels are the single-disc editions, so you aren't getting extras.

Makes me kinda glad I imported them after all.

#765 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

I checked out the steels at Walmart. Word of warning: the Transformers Steels are the single-disc editions, so you aren't getting extras.

Is the shitty movie better if you import? I keed, I keed.

#766 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Most, if not all, of those Warner Steels from BB were single disc. So it isn't too surprising. Most steelbooks that we get here that are releases of older movies are single disc for some reason.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#767 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

This may be my OCD but please stop calling the paramount wave from walmart "steels" they are not steelbooks. They are Metalpak's, which are vastly inferior in the quality of the cases and dent and chip very easily.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#768 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

This may be my OCD but please stop calling the paramount wave from walmart "steels" they are not steelbooks. They are Metalpak's, which are vastly inferior in the quality of the cases and dent and chip very easily.

I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook is a word that many people who aren't super duper collectors like myself use as an adjective to describe any metal case.

That being said all the transformers steelbooks... err.. metal packs at my Walmart were slightly damaged and didn't look as if they closed properly.

Are there any steelbooks or "metal paks" that people are more interested in then others?

I ended up picking up both transformers, watchmen, scott pilgrim, and scarface.

#769 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook is a word that many people who aren't super duper collectors like myself use as an adjective to describe any metal case.

That being said all the transformers steelbooks... err.. metal packs at my Walmart were slightly damaged and didn't look as if they closed properly.

Are there any steelbooks or "metal paks" that people are more interested in then others?

I ended up picking up both transformers, watchmen, scott pilgrim, and scarface.

steelbook is actually a brand, real steelbooks will have the steelbook brand logo on the inside of it found on their official site steelbook.com , the design and quality of a steelbook is vastly superior to that of a metalpack , as a steelbook collector im not interested in metalpacks

#770 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

steelbook is actually a brand, real steelbooks will have the steelbook brand logo on the inside of it found on their official site steelbook.com , the design and quality of a steelbook is vastly superior to that of a metalpack , as a steelbook collector im not interested in metalpacks

I know it's a brand. I think I covered that in the first sentence when I said...

I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook

It's like how everyone says "band-aid" when that is actually a brand too... or kool-aid.. etc.

I'm going to collect what's available and what I like. I'm not going to pass on a metal pak or tin if that's all that is available for a movie or game I am interested in.

That being said I was curious if any of this weeks releases / rereleases interested people more then others for whatever reason

#771 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

For some reason Walmart is not getting all 16 of the Reel Heroes Steelbooks. The ones they're missing are Hot Fuzz, Hulk, The Mummy, Paul, and Shaun of the Dead.

Also Watchmen is the only Steelbook that contains interior artwork. The Universal Steelbooks all have BD, DVD, and Digital Copies. The MetalPacks are single disc and have artwork inside, at least the ones I've seen so far.

Edited by Raven6009, 06 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

#772 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

For some reason Walmart is not getting all 16 of the Reel Heroes Steelbooks. The ones they're missing is Hot Fuzz, Hulk, The Mummy, Paul, and Shaun of the Dead.

Also Watchmen is the only Steelbook that contains interior artwork. The MetalPacks should all have it.

My Walmart had the Hulk. I didn't notice the others.

#773 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

My Walmart had the Hulk. I didn't notice the others.

Walmart has The Incredible Hulk (2008) but not Hulk (2003).
Posted Image

#774 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Walmart has The Incredible Hulk (2008) but not Hulk (2003).

You're right it was the liv tyler one.

#775 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

If Walmart is going to have an incomplete set of the Reel Heroes steelbooks, then I think I'll just order them from Amazon, as I'd need to get them from some other source to fill in the missing gaps. For the $1.03/movie difference plus trying to track them all down, I'd rather have them show up at my door.

With Walmart having the rest of them at $12.96, it makes it an easier decision to pick them up there over Amazon and Best Buy (even with Upgrade and Save).

Finding them all might be difficult unless you luck out at a Walmart first thing tomorrow morning or one that already has them out now.

#776 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Personally, I am probably going to skip them all. I already own the imported DOTM and Scott Pilgrim (Universal 100th) Steels and have the first Transformers and Hellboy II Steels being shipped. Have the first Batman Begins Steel (which has better art) and not interested in any other Batman films enough to spend $13 on them. I despise the Reel Heroes covers and wish they had brought over the other Hulk Steel (which Amazon.uk cancelled on me then jacked up the price) instead.

#777 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

If Walmart is going to have an incomplete set of the Reel Heroes steelbooks, then I think I'll just order them from Amazon, as I'd need to get them from some other source to fill in the missing gaps. For the $1.03/movie difference plus trying to track them all down, I'd rather have them show up at my door.

But keep in mind that Amazon rarely ever sells Steelbooks, which means they have no idea how to handle and packed them correctly like Amazon.uk and Amazon.de do. You're better off buying the ones you want from Walmart and ordering the couple from Amazon that Walmart doesn't have. Just a suggestion.
Posted Image

#778 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

But keep in mind that Amazon rarely ever sells Steelbooks, which means they have no idea how to handle and packed them correctly like Amazon.uk and Amazon.de do. You're better off buying the ones you want from Walmart and ordering the couple from Amazon that Walmart doesn't have. Just a suggestion.

If I buy all of them at once, they'll be packed in a box and likely dealt with properly. One-offs or a couple ordered on an order, I'm taking my chances.

I do keep in mind about Amazon possible packaging issues, though right now, my free time to trek around from Walmart to Walmart to try and find them is pretty much zero, so I'd rather deal with Amazon making a mistake than hitting multiple Walmarts to try and find what I need. I'd still need to fill in the blanks for the four Walmart isn't going to get, which means I'm still taking a chance on getting damaged items on a smaller shipment.

#779 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I know it's a brand. I think I covered that in the first sentence when I said...

It's like how everyone says "band-aid" when that is actually a brand too... or kool-aid.. etc.

I'm going to collect what's available and what I like. I'm not going to pass on a metal pak or tin if that's all that is available for a movie or game I am interested in.

That being said I was curious if any of this weeks releases / rereleases interested people more then others for whatever reason

The problem is Metalpacks can be very crappy, especially on multiple disc releases. See DA: O, ME 2, & ME 3 CE's. (DA hard to close & ME 3 has to have spindles sawed down or you crack the disks taking them out.)

#780 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

I've never ordered from Zavvi before and in April I ordered The Man with the Iron Fists. Dispatch date was 4/16. How long does it generally take to receive shipments from them? I also have Black Swan and Aladdin pre-ordered.

6041.png