SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#781 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

I've never ordered from Zavvi before and in April I ordered The Man with the Iron Fists. Dispatch date was 4/16. How long does it generally take to receive shipments from them? I also have Black Swan and Aladdin pre-ordered.

Usually takes about 2 weeks or so for me.

#782 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Tomorrow will be three weeks for me down in Florida.

6041.png

#783 Dawg Pound

Dawg Pound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Picked up a few of the WB steelbooks yesterday from Walmart. They had just put em out, so I'll stop by later today to see what else they will have.

#784 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

I grabbed Batman and Batman Returns. It's been so long since I've seen them. What's the deal with no Forever?

6041.png

#785 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I grabbed Batman and Batman Returns. It's been so long since I've seen them. What's the deal with no Forever?

They also skipped Batman & Robin. Maybe a later wave?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#786 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure if the U.S. is getting them but Amazon.uk is.

http://www.amazon.co...atman steelbook
Posted Image

#787 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

The Forever steel is terrible since it doesn't even fit with the rest.

#788 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Has anyone picked up the new Steelbooks at walmart today? Trying to figure out which ones come with inside art work. Specifically looking at The Town, Heat, Face/Off, and Chinatown.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#789 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Has anyone picked up the new Steelbooks at walmart today? Trying to figure out which ones come with inside art work. Specifically looking at The Town, Heat, Face/Off, and Chinatown.

The only Steelbooks that have artwork inside are Watchmen, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight. Plus all the MetalPacks have artwork if you want any of those.
Posted Image

#790 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Heat doesn't. My Walmart didn't have Face/Off or Chinatown yet.

#791 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Are all these WB steelbooks single disc editions? Meaning Watchment, Braveheart, etc. wouldn't come with the bonus features disc?

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#792 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Are all these WB steelbooks single disc editions? Meaning Watchment, Braveheart, etc. wouldn't come with the bonus features disc?

Yep, all the steels (not just WB, but Paramount and Universal too) are single-disc editions. Sucks, don't it?

#793 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yep, all the steels (not just WB, but Paramount and Universal too) are single-disc editions. Sucks, don't it?

That's why I didn't swap out anything I already had that was a combo release or had bonus content.

I think the Dark Knight (not rises) was a dual-disc release out of the ones that had been released at Best Buy and it was one of the only ones that were dual disc, if not the only one.

The Reel Heroes discs are all BD + DVD + DC + UV DC, so they're worth an upgrade over past releases if you don't have them or only have non-combo releases.

#794 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Is it a DVD/Blu-ray combo disc then? Because I know several of them are Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra Violet Combos.

#795 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

My Wal-Mart had them all out today. Really wish I hadn't seen the reel heroes is person. From the online pictures I was not impressed and willing to skip them but after seeing them in person they look really good. No I'm debating buying them all.

My store had a least 8 of each metal pack and the WB steelbooks but maybe 3 each of the reel heroes.

#796 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Is it a DVD/Blu-ray combo disc then? Because I know several of them are Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra Violet Combos.

Most of them are just the Blu-ray. If there is a code-only Digital Copy, that is typically included.

#797 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Everything except Reel Steel Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The Incredible Hulk, Paul, and The Mummy were out at my Wal-Mart.

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight have different covers than the initial wave of releases.

I almost bought every Warner, Paramount Metal, and Reel Steelbook, but then I looked at my shopping cart and came to (some) of my senses and only picked up the Reel Steel. At least those have actual artwork on the front (and none on the inside), come with the DVD, and have a Digital AND UltraViolet Copy. Warner Reissues and Paramounts feel like pressed pictures.

#798 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Most of them are just the Blu-ray. If there is a code-only Digital Copy, that is typically included.

Okay but the Reel heroes have the DVD right (they are advertised as such so I just want to make sure)?

I think I'm going to stick with those and the transformers metal paks

#799 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Okay but the Reel heroes have the DVD right (they are advertised as such so I just want to make sure)?

I think I'm going to stick with those and the transformers metal paks

Reel Heroes ones are BD + DVD + DC + UV DC. Other ones are single-disc only, except for maybe The Dark Knight, assuming it's the same one as the BB previous release.

#800 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Amazon matched WM's price for Watchmen and Gladiator, dropping them to $12.96 each.

#801 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.

Edited by shrike4242, 09 May 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#802 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Spoiler

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.

Daaaamn son! way to break the bank!!!

Edited by shrike4242, 08 May 2013 - 12:55 PM.

PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#803 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

my walmart was either out of all the Reel ones, or had not put them out yet.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#804 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Weird, I thought those ones from Universal weren't supposed to be out until June 25th?
End of line.

#805 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Ugh I kinda hate the Reel Heroes side view of the steel.

And I saw the metal packs in person. Gross

#806 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Unlike previously mentioned by someone else here, the Watchmen steel does have 2 discs inside. The same for Gladiator.

#807 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

I was thinking about getting War of the Worlds seeing as how I've been wanting to watch it and don't own it already. After seeing those pics of the metal pak I think I'll pass. Still planning on getting Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead when I find them though.

#808 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Weird, I thought those ones from Universal weren't supposed to be out until June 25th?

Walmart has 11 of the 16 out now. They are $12.96 in stores and maybe online. I really like the Universal / Reel Heroes steelbooks. They look better in person.

#809 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm assuming these recent steelbooks are gonna be mass produced so my wallet won't get assaulted due to me rushing out and getting em, right?

#810 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Well some might be more sought after than others. Watchmen, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and (I think) Green Lantern all have internal artwork which might make them sell out quicker or cost more in the future on eBay.