Lose 50 in 50 - weight loss plan created by a CAG

abilyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Hey everybody. Last year I came up with a plan to lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. I've been doing it for 44 weeks now, and have lost over 40 pounds so far. So, I'm a little behind schedule, but I'm still happy with my progress. The plan itself is simple -- eat a little less and do more activity than normal, but with guidelines structured to make it easy to stick with. I tend to be a slacker, so the key thing for me was doing something I would just keep doing.

I just started posting my progress online, and I figured I'd spread the word here too. Here are some links to my pages, a couple of my progress report images, and my youtube video detailing the plan.

www.lose50in50.com
www.facebook.com/Lose50in50
www.twitter.com/Lose50in50

week00_sm.jpg

week44_sm.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6MrYd4ymek

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video and information.

Good job!

(Wear a Red, White & Blue speedo for your last photo.)

Thanks, guys!

And, I'll have to think about that speedo. I'll probably end up sparing everybody the sight of that, though. ;)

Looking good. :D

What was harder for you to stick to, strict diet or workout regimen?

Btw you look like dwight from the office!

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Looking good. :D

What was harder for you to stick to, strict diet or workout regimen?

Btw you look like dwight from the office![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Back when I was in college, the strict diet was harder to stick to. I ate in the dining halls and there was a lot of food available that I had to avoid. The working out wasn't too bad because I bicycled all over campus and had a fitness room in my dorm.

With my new plan now, though neither aspect is strict, I've found the extra activity each day harder to do, particularly on the weekends when I'm out of my normal daily routine.

And yeah, I've been told before that I look like Dwight. :) I always put his photo up on my Facebook when it's doppleganger week.

[quote name='WV Matsui']What kind of diet are you following?[/QUOTE]

I'm eating the same foods I normally did before starting my plan, just a little bit less. Some healthy & lean stuff, but probably a nearly equal amount of "junk food" type stuff like burgers, pizza, sweet & sour chicken, etc. For me, continuing to eat the same foods I normally did was key to sticking with the plan.

Good job! Very informative. I will be going on a diet tomorrow and maybe letting some family members know about your plan. I will maybe also try your plan for the extra weight loss. Taking the 1/8 of food out before you start is a great idea. Thanks and good luck, I've been through it and in the end you feel great (you also get to have an excuse to put all that weight back on lol).

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Good job! Very informative. I will be going on a diet tomorrow and maybe letting some family members know about your plan. I will maybe also try your plan for the extra weight loss. Taking the 1/8 of food out before you start is a great idea. Thanks and good luck, I've been through it and in the end you feel great (you also get to have an excuse to put all that weight back on lol).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement and for sharing the plan! If you do try it, I hope it works for you! As for putting the weight back on later, I did that once before and fully intend not to do it again. :)

[quote name='Marirranya']im actually doing this! hahaha hopefully i do lose some weight xD[/QUOTE]

Cool, good luck! Let me know how it goes!

[quote name='WV Matsui']Do you have to pay for your plan?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not! It's totally free.

At its core, the plan is super-simple. Every day, eat 1/8th less than normal, and do 250 calories of activity more than normal. But the key thing is that for those things to make you lose 1 pound a week, on your "normal" routine you have to be at weight equilibrium (not losing or gaining weight). So you may need to adjust your routine before you start the plan.

The video I made covers extra details, gives tips, and explains the math behind it, so if you're interested I suggest watching it.

bread's done
Back