Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/13 to 1/19)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#121 Woolagaroo

Woolagaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

On a deal like this, is there anything stopping people from buying DMC+RE6 for $70 then right after walking to the CS line and returning DMC to keep RE6 at 9.99?

I'm not planning to do it...I just thought it would be the first thing in the minds of nasty flippers.

I'm wondering about this too. Anyone have an answer?
Posted Image

#122 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm wondering about this too. Anyone have an answer?

Its going to ring up as a package deal. you can't return 1 item w/o returning the other.

#123 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Would it be worth it to try the $20 off EA games with the vita version?

#124 ilikerice01

ilikerice01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Is there any way for me to buy DMC at that price to be able to buy RE 6 at $10 and then return DMC without my money supporting Ninja Theory in anyway?

#125 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Is there any way for me to buy DMC at that price to be able to buy RE 6 at $10 and then return DMC without my money supporting Ninja Theory in anyway?

First, that's being a dlck.
Second, your answer lies 3 posts above yours
Third, at least give a honest argument against the game and not the company.

#126 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think that guy was not being serious... I think he was trying to poke fun at those that are trying to get a $10 RE without purchasing DMC.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#127 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

I think that guy was not being serious... I think he was trying to poke fun at those that are trying to get a $10 RE without purchasing DMC.

well, if you go over to sd, alot of people share his ideas

#128 ilikerice01

ilikerice01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yup. I'm not really interested in RE6 nor anything published from Capcom at the moment to be honest, especially since there are rumors of a gold edition of RE 6 coming out soon.

#129 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Its not that simple, my young padawan. there is a $4.95 fee for the visa gc. $21 dollars, your Visa GC will be.

$5.95 fee here

#130 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I probably would have bought it if it was an even $40. I have a few games to play right now so I think I'll wait for BB to have a sale in the coming weeks. I really want it though.

#131 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yup. I'm not really interested in RE6 nor anything published from Capcom at the moment to be honest, especially since there are rumors of a gold edition of RE 6 coming out soon.

When it comes to Capcom games, you always have to expect several versions of the same game being released. Most big games do just 1 alternate GOTY version but Capcom likes to pepper in multiple versions. I've held off on RE6 this whole time for that same reason, I'd rather wait for their "final" release.

As for DMC, the demo is pretty cool but I personally feel like DMC has passed its prime. I feel the same way about God of War. I think that particular genre oversaturated the market when it became so popular that now they all just feel like re-skins of the same game.

I'll probably get DMC one day but definitely not at 59.99...
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#132 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

When it comes to Capcom games, you always have to expect several versions of the same game being released. Most big games do just 1 alternate GOTY version but Capcom likes to pepper in multiple versions. I've held off on RE6 this whole time for that same reason, I'd rather wait for their "final" release.

As for DMC, the demo is pretty cool but I personally feel like DMC has passed its prime. I feel the same way about God of War. I think that particular genre oversaturated the market when it became so popular that now they all just feel like re-skins of the same game.

I'll probably get DMC one day but definitely not at 59.99...

What Capcom games have had multiple revisions besides Street Fighter?

Edited by whoknows, 11 January 2013 - 07:58 PM.
Better wording

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#133 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

What Capcom games have had multiple releases besides Street Fighter?

Resident Evil 5 (Gold edition) and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 come to mind for me but that's about it.

#134 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Resident Evil 5 (Gold edition) and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 come to mind for me but that's about it.

Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant more than one revision. He acts like all Capcom games are released 3 or 4 times but I can't think of one besides Street Fighter.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#135 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Glad to see the 100% trades for one more week...

#136 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

If someone does not want RE6, I will take it off your hands. Shoot me your asking price in a PM. Thanks!

#137 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

So tempted to get 2K13 on xbox 360.....

#138 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

If anyone accepts paypal, ill shoot them $15 if they grab Resident Evil 6 ps3 for me and ships it to me. Message me if you're down, I forget to check threads alot.

#139 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

got far cry 3 for $30 from amazon and that was one of the best $30 I have ever spent on games. Awesome game, worth even full price $60. It's a shame that because it was released too late otherwise it would definitely be game of the year!

#140 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Far Cry 3 sounds like a great game. I'm so tempted to get it, but at this point I could probably just wait until it hits $30.

#141 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

http://akimages.shop...01_V1_HQAbw.jpg
http://akimages.shop...V1_R2_oyhqt.jpg
http://akimages.shop...V1_R2_12lbl.jpg

In summary: $20 off Skylanders Giants starter pack or figure purchase over $100, PS3/360 games that have been on sale for the same or less many times in the fast few weeks, a pair of headsets on sale, and a $35 Xbox 360 wireless controller

#142 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

LOL. "Save $5 on Far Cry 3"...nice deal

#143 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I can price match this at Best Buy right? I have a $30 gift card so i can pick up a new controller.

#144 MakenX

MakenX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Been looking at the Astro A50s for a while as an upgrade to my Turtle Beach PX5s. The optical passthrough causes popping and the signal strength is wonky, even though I am about 3 feet from the base.

Best Buy raised the price $20 when they added the GC; it was quoted $299.99 MSRP last week. I'm pretty sure they did this so that instead of paying $280 + $20 for the GC, you're paying $300 for the headset and $0 for the GC but I'm not sure if that's bizarre or not.

Anyone here have a reasonable experience with the A50s compared to something like the PX5s?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't mean they are charging $320 for the A50s, I mean they claim it is MSRP $320 and you're "saving" an additional $20 when you are, in fact, not. Also, I've never seen them charge $0 for a GC.

#145 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

will i be able to use a $20 reward certificate over the phone at best buy for the price match on the controller

#146 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

No GotY Edition is sold for $60 at launch. They are usually $40 and come out 1 year after release. It's certainly worth the wait since you'll be saving $40 ($60 for the game and $20 for the season pass) and not increasing that backlog till you want to.

Well this is a wrong statement. Both little big planet gotys have been 60. If I am not mistaken, so was Fallout 3.

xivpads.png

#147 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Just got my gf to buy me fc3 at fp, Im wondering if i can get walmart to price match??

#148 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Well this is a wrong statement. Both little big planet gotys have been 60. If I am not mistaken, so was Fallout 3.

And Oblivion

#149 JohnRobs

JohnRobs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

On the website it says the sale is online only (FC3)- what about in store?

#150 BowersDMSTech

BowersDMSTech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Based on all the feedback here and elsewhere, I am going to go get Far Cry 3 today.