Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/13 to 1/19)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#181 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

How do you go about pm'ing on amazon? I wanna get borderlands 2 down to $30 since I have some amazon credit.

#182 1badta

1badta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Picked up Sleeping Dogs today. This game is a blast. A lot better than what I was expecting. Voice acting is top notch also.

#183 isthar

isthar

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Does anyone know what a PS3 slim (120GB) would trade-in at gamestop considering their double credit?
I think pre xmas they had a $125 for PS3 slims - does this mean gamestop might give me ~ $200 here?

#184 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Does anyone know what a PS3 slim (120GB) would trade-in at gamestop considering their double credit?
I think pre xmas they had a $125 for PS3 slims - does this mean gamestop might give me ~ $200 here?

I would think that they would lower the trade in value to help with advertising the sale.

#185 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolor23
Sorry, OP, I believe Revolution is coming out on the 29th?
The ad definitely says the 27th, my guess is that the DLC code would be available (in BBY system) on the 27th. Will update OP.

Correction Notice was posted on the ad stating the 27th , it is the 29th.

#186 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

How do you go about pm'ing on amazon? I wanna get borderlands 2 down to $30 since I have some amazon credit.

Unless something has drastically changed that I don't know about, you can't PM on Amazon. Maybe if you annoy a CSR enough they'll give you a credit to get you off the phone.

Do what me and several other people have done: submit the Best Buy price to Amazon using the "Tell us about a lower price" link under the Product Description, and hope they change it.

#187 billymayshere

billymayshere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Can someone please add that you HAVE to buy the ASTRO A50's online (you have to add the astro's in cart and check out) and they will ship you the card in about a week.

I tried to take back my Christmas A50's and get the gift card but I had to return them and then rebuy them.

Even if you choose in store pickup they ship you the giftcard.

#188 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

looks like amazon pm'd bestbuy for borderlands 2

http://www.amazon.co...s=Borderlands 2

#189 TEC

TEC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm definitely going to pick up Sleeping Dogs when it comes back into stock. I'll pick up Hitman if I can find it for $30 or cheaper. I love the franchise, but I think I can wait with Absolution. For those who have played it, is it worth the $40?

#190 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Unless something has drastically changed that I don't know about, you can't PM on Amazon. Maybe if you annoy a CSR enough they'll give you a credit to get you off the phone.

Do what me and several other people have done: submit the Best Buy price to Amazon using the "Tell us about a lower price" link under the Product Description, and hope they change it.

that's what i meant. Thanks bro. Picked up borderlands 2 for $17.

#191 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

I hope the DMC & RE6 offer is in-store as well, right?

#192 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I hope the DMC & RE6 offer is in-store as well, right?

Should be. I nabbed it online with in store pickup however so that I could get the preorder DLC.

#193 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Picked up Sleeping Dogs today. This game is a blast. A lot better than what I was expecting. Voice acting is top notch also.

Sleeping Dogs was my GoTY for 2012 and wished more people picked this one up.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#194 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm definitely going to pick up Sleeping Dogs when it comes back into stock. I'll pick up Hitman if I can find it for $30 or cheaper. I love the franchise, but I think I can wait with Absolution. For those who have played it, is it worth the $40?

Personally, I thought it was decent (especially if you're a fan of the series, which I am) but it's short and I'd reccommend it at closer to a $20 price tag (or your $30 goal if you're really looking forward to it). $40 is definitely too much IMO...

#195 enigma

enigma

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

So has anyone been able to confirm how the receipt looks if you if do the DMC/RE6 deal? I'd likely pick them up if I knew I'd be able to PM Devil May Cry if (when) it drops in the next 60 days.

#196 msgamer

msgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

So has anyone been able to confirm how the receipt looks if you if do the DMC/RE6 deal? I'd likely pick them up if I knew I'd be able to PM Devil May Cry if (when) it drops in the next 60 days.

DMC rings up at 59.99 and RE6 for 9.99, I picked them up yesterday. Ninja Theory did a great job with DMC from what I have played thus far.

#197 enigma

enigma

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

DMC rings up at 59.99 and RE6 for 9.99, I picked them up yesterday. Ninja Theory did a great job with DMC from what I have played thus far.

Thanks. Is it identified as a package on the receipt? That's my primary concern.

#198 msgamer

msgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thanks. Is it identified as a package on the receipt? That's my primary concern.

The $30 discount for RE6 is identified as "Pack Disc" so they could give you a hard time with a PM if they want to.

#199 enigma

enigma

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

The $30 discount for RE6 is identified as "Pack Disc" so they could give you a hard time with a PM if they want to.

Hmmmm. To gamble it or not... Thanks for the info though!

#200 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hmmmm. To gamble it or not... Thanks for the info though!

I am in the same boat as you. I don't want to purchase if I am not going to be able to price match within the 60 days.. I might just wait for a price drop instead if it is going to be a problem to price match the game.

#201 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

If it helps anyone, when I picked up Halo 4 on release week in a $100 bundle with a 13 month XBL Gold card, I had no problems getting a PM even though there was a package discount of $20 on the XBL card.

#202 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I really enjoyed the melee combat system on the Sleeping Dogs demo.
I regret missing on the TRU deal, and now this $30 deal is almost over. But I still couldn't pull the trigger because GTA V is just around the corner.

It looks like GTA V will indeed have an enhanced melee combat system (though they will not focus much on it compared to the enhancing the shooting system), but I'm afraid that SD's melee combat will still be greater than GTA V's. Hmmm...

#203 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

FYI I PM'ed DMC at Best Buy. Frys has it for $49.99. I was also to get the $10 RE6. Computer allowed it no problem. All they did was the price match option on DMC and that was that. No fussing around.