New Lowball ban type

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
There is now a "lowball" ban type. Basically, it will prevent anyone with this ban from even seeing this section anymore. They will still be able to trade normally, however.
I'm planning on implementing a "one-strike and you are out" system. If you are a non-paying bidder or a non-sending seller(or any other reason that i see fit) you will be banned.
Bans can and will be retroactive, so feel free to PM me offenders.

This is a supplement to the already existing rule about negative feedback in these cases, so continue to use that option. Just additionally send a PM to myself or another mod to get the ban taken care of and we will review the situation.

Happy bidding ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You should maybe implement some kind of system that makes it so you have to be a member for at least a few weeks to see this section. Or at least post.

[quote name='Breathcore']You should maybe implement some kind of system that makes it so you have to be a member for at least a few weeks to see this section. Or at least post.[/QUOTE]

I think there should already be a 1 month restriction on the trading forum as a whole

Some new CAG wanted me to do a deal with him he send me a friend request on psn he wanted me to do a gameshare trade with him I delate him once he text that

Also anyway to have it where if your not a member or a new member you can't see a person psn/xbl name

Do you think it will be possible to have some kind of restrictions on certain forums categories where lurkers/new members won't be able to see?

[quote name='TommyLove']Do you think it will be possible to have some kind of restrictions on certain forums categories where lurkers/new members won't be able to see?[/QUOTE]

There is already the restriction on the trading forums.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Some new CAG wanted me to do a deal with him he send me a friend request on psn he wanted me to do a gameshare trade with him I delate him once he text that

Also anyway to have it where if your not a member or a new member you can't see a person psn/xbl name[/QUOTE]

Doubt we would do that, but let me know if someone is trying to get around the no trading period.

Also, the tag of shame has been added for Lowball Bans. It will display under their username for eternity.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Also, the tag of shame has been added for Lowball Bans. It will display under their username for eternity.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, do we have any offenders yet?

[quote name='skiizim']Just curious, do we have any offenders yet?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Velo214']i'v seen 2 offenders already. don't want to name names. but i google searched it and got this thread. lol peace all.[/QUOTE]
I've also started to notice some people with that shameful tag earlier today as well.

Sucks to be them. :3

[quote name='Squarehard']I've also started to notice some people with that shameful tag earlier today as well.

Sucks to be them. :3[/QUOTE]

I see people with TTO and it seems to not weigh heavily on them. Oh well I say! More lowballin' goodness for us!

[quote name='yugi8264']swatman27 never sent me my stuff and I never got a refund[/QUOTE]

Did you pay late? It seems everybody in that first lowball was marked paid and shipped with tracking info with the exception of you.

It would help to get some details on the issue at hand.

[quote name='yugi8264']swatman27 never sent me my stuff and I never got a refund[/QUOTE]

I have told you already that the address you gave me does not exist according to the Post Office. I have been waiting for you to supply me with your valid address. If I could send it to you, I would. I will just refund you today to solve this issue.

[quote name='Pookymeister']
Bans can and will be retroactive, so feel free to PM me offenders.
[/QUOTE]

starmask2k3 will be missed! I don't think that guy's EVER had a lowball end smoothly.

[quote name='MasaTFC']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300449

not sure if this hot mess has been mentioned, I would imagine someone PM'd you about it but here it is anyway.[/QUOTE]
Damn, every time I see that thread I think, "Thank god I feel asleep." Anyways, you should still try to get the 1 month no trades enforced, it would really help out with some of the morons we get. I got someone who wanted me to ship first when he made his account the day before. :cold:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, I'm aware of it. Lowball ban means they can't see this forum at all so wanted people to get taken care of first.[/QUOTE]

just checking. figured you had a handle on it.

[quote name='CheapGamesFTW']Damn, every time I see that thread I think, "Thank god I feel asleep." Anyways, you should still try to get the 1 month no trades enforced, it would really help out with some of the morons we get. I got someone who wanted me to ship first when he made his account the day before. :cold:[/QUOTE]

That is pretty bad, almost as bad as the $50-$60 I get offered for a new sealed Metroid Prime Trilogy.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Speaking of that hot mess. It still hasn't be taken care of to say. Still waiting and at this point I've accepted that I'm not getting anything and I just lost $15. I'm glad that I didn't spend more...[/QUOTE]

I guess he was more concerned on spending his tax return on a new laptop and a 3DS XL. I'm sure he is going to try and get the Pikachu one this weekend, that's where all your money went.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']Speaking of that hot mess. It still hasn't be taken care of to say. Still waiting and at this point I've accepted that I'm not getting anything and I just lost $15. I'm glad that I didn't spend more...[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I'm out $20, which is why I've decided no more trading here.

I asked him for status on his last batch of shipments, and I got no response. So I put him in complete Trading Ban, which is what I planned on doing once he completed the shipments. Since he didn't seem very cooperative on wrapping things up, I banned him from site for the amount of time the lowball was completed until now on top of it all.
So unfortunately, those last few people may not get what they paid for - but hes taking a nice vacation now and won't be trading at all again.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I asked him for status on his last batch of shipments, and I got no response. So I put him in complete Trading Ban, which is what I planned on doing once he completed the shipments. Since he didn't seem very cooperative on wrapping things up, I banned him from site for the amount of time the lowball was completed until now on top of it all.
So unfortunately, those last few people may not get what they paid for - but hes taking a nice vacation now and won't be trading at all again.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Musashi04

Did not respond to invoice from lowball, either mine or Noel Vermillions. Non paying bidder= needs a lowball ban

I hate to report people, but I have to say that N3XTLVL  needs a lowball ban.  He bid on a game of mine in my previous Lowball auction and was the only person to not pay, not contact me or not respond to any of my multiple PMs.  I've checked his posts on CAG and it seems he hasn't posted anything for more than two weeks, so he's either abandoned his account or just doesn't check it enough.

MrFixit66  won an item from my lowball that ended on January 4th, Last message i recieved from him was January 16th, last time he checked our PM was Feb 1, still no reply.  Been a month now since the lowball has ended and this is the only person left that has not paid.

MrFixit66 won an item from my lowball that ended on January 4th, Last message i recieved from him was January 16th, last time he checked our PM was Feb 1, still no reply. Been a month now since the lowball has ended and this is the only person left that has not paid.
leave some negative feedback, cause that's absurd

Zerostigmavirus bought from my most recent lowball. Payment and shipping went well and then last week I get an email from paypal telling me they filed a claim of fraudulent charge to their credit card. My paypal was frozen for the past two weeks. During that time the user explained they would attempt to fix it only to then back out of that and say it would inconvenience them too much to do so. Today paypal ruled in my favor but I want users to beware. Another user has informed me they've received a similar paypal email charging back as well. I was recommended to post here so I could potentially reverse my positive feedback I left this user almost two months ago since they pulled this stunt. I would recommend banning them so they can't do this again.

I am requesting a Lowball Ban for user SparkDesigns. He bid on and won items in my latest lowball, but has yet to reply to PM and forum request for address and payment. It has been 2 weeks and I am leaving negative feedback for this infraction.

If a mod could see to enforcing the Lowball Ban rule, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

bread's done
Back