[DEAD] Vengeance Trilogy [Blu Ray] for $22.50

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

There are only 10 left but it looks like the Vengeance Trilogy is on sale for $22.50 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...ngeance trilogy

Edited by kyrhon, 14 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#2 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

great deal

#3 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Only 4 left! Hopefully some CAGS picked these up.

#4 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Ordered. Said 2 left during checkout.
Posted Image

#5 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Crazy good price.
Posted Image

#6 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I bought one purely on your guys' comments. Hopefully the movies don't suck.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Great movies, loved oldboy the most but photography is really good in lady vengeance as well. All in all the three are pretty good deal at that price. I paid $15 for oldboy alone a while back

#8 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Looks like they're all out. I hope you guys got the last few remaining!

#9 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, hopefully this wasn't them clearing out stock for a reissue. Unless the reissue is worse. I dunno.
Posted Image

#10 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/10438/

I own this as well (it was this price around this time last year I believe) and there is a tiny discrepancy with the Oldboy Blu-Ray in this collection versus the standalone Blu. Namely:

Brace yourselves. Despite the fact that the previously released standalone version of Oldboy includes a fantastic DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround track, no such option appears on the newly-minted discs that come bundled in the Vengeance Trilogy box sets. Sadly, there isn't a lossless mix at all. Instead, we're privy to four fairly feeble lossy choices: a decent Korean Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track (640kbps), a dubbed English Dolby Digital 5.1 dud, a flat Korean Dolby Digital stereo bore, and a mediocre English Dolby Digital stereo offering. And as anyone who's heard Oldboy's DTS-HD MA monster mix will tell you, that's a real shame. Dialogue is clear and serviceable, but lacks visceral presence. LFE output is heavy but cumbersome, failing to pack the rib-cracking punch of its lossless big brother. The rear speakers chime in, aggressively even at times, but fail to envelop the listener in the living, breathing psychological hellscape Park has manufactured. Oh Dae Su's lossy prison dampens any effect captured within its walls, exteriors sound positively artificial, and the meaty thumps and nauseating schunks that frequent Oldboy's more violent endeavors are pudgier and less effective. Is it a passable sonic presentation? Sure. Does it hold its own next to Tartan's original 7.1 lossless track? Not at all.

It isn't a huge deal to most, but some may be a bit hesitant. They mention a replacement program, but all I know of is the replacement for the Lady Vengeance mix-up.

76561198003985248.png

#11 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/10438/

I own this as well (it was this price around this time last year I believe) and there is a tiny discrepancy with the Oldboy Blu-Ray in this collection versus the standalone Blu. Namely:

It isn't a huge deal to most, but some may be a bit hesitant. They mention a replacement program, but all I know of is the replacement for the Lady Vengeance mix-up.

To be fair, the Oldboy blu in this set has a 3 hour documentary that the standalone disc lacks, so if anything, it's probably worth buying both discs.
Posted Image

#12 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Its back...9 left after I grabbed mine

#13 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Showing back in stock(8 available).

This has actually been in and out of stock for a month or so. So if it shows OOS, just keep check as it will more than likely become available again. I was able to pick it up last month for $20.49.

#14 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Just a heads up guys,

It looks like the box set comes in a flimsy cardboard box rather than the tin-case. I was a little sad upon opening the package. But I can't really complain for the price.

#15 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Just a heads up guys,

It looks like the box set comes in a flimsy cardboard box rather than the tin-case. I was a little sad upon opening the package. But I can't really complain for the price.

I can confirm this with my set. It also doesn't come with the booklet mentioned in some of the Amazon reviews and pictures, which I feel is a bigger loss.
Posted Image

#16 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Just a heads up guys,

The tin was a BB exclusive.

I can confirm this with my set. It also doesn't come with the booklet mentioned in some of the Amazon reviews and pictures, which I feel is a bigger loss.

That is odd. I'm wondering if the ones they are getting in are a repress or something, or maybe you got a dud?

76561198003985248.png

#17 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Good deal. It's in stock now, too bad I missed this or I would have ordered it with my Ni No Kuni guide, now I need something for a few bucks for free shipping.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
South Park, Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

The tin was a BB exclusive.

That is odd. I'm wondering if the ones they are getting in are a repress or something, or maybe you got a dud?

Amazon shipped the tin version at one point too, that's how I got mine.

#19 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Amazon shipped the tin version at one point too, that's how I got mine.

Damn them, then. I demand my year old copy be taken back with haste and I be compensated with the tin. I don't care if they have to scour every Asian Horror Film Blogspot owner's house for a copy, they owe it to me.

But seriously, I consider you lucky. I heard it dented easily, but regardless, it's a tin case, and it would go well with the Oldboy tin I have.

76561198003985248.png

#20 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Pretty tempting. I've only seen Oldboy though.

#21 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Damn them, then. I demand my year old copy be taken back with haste and I be compensated with the tin. I don't care if they have to scour every Asian Horror Film Blogspot owner's house for a copy, they owe it to me.

But seriously, I consider you lucky. I heard it dented easily, but regardless, it's a tin case, and it would go well with the Oldboy tin I have.

Mine had some minor dings, but I do prefer it to the cardboard one, and I do have mine right next to my Oldboy tin :)

#22 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

So is the cardboard version supposed to come with the booklet?

I know that the box cover was altered so that it no longer states that oldboy comes with the 7.1 dts audio. However, I'd like to know if not receiving the booklet is an error (like some people receiving two of the same movie) or if none of the cardboard boxsets are shipping with booklets.

#23 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

I haven't opened my cardboard one that arrived yesterday, but it really doesn't appear there is room for a booklet inside. Shame.

#24 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I haven't opened my cardboard one that arrived yesterday, but it really doesn't appear there is room for a booklet inside. Shame.

question does the new version come with the "slim" blu ray cases for each movie?

#25 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

No, they look full size to me.

#26 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

The booklet is relatively small, maybe thirty or so pages. You should be able to see the spine or the edges of the pages sticking out slightly.

76561198003985248.png

#27 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

I went ahead and opened it. There is no booklet, and they are indeed full-sized cases.

#28 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I went ahead and opened it. There is no booklet, and they are indeed full-sized cases.

My outer box was plastic-wrapped but the blu-ray cases in the box were not. Did anyone's blu-ray cases com plastic-wrapped?
Just want to make sure mine weren't opened before.

#29 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I believe that's how they come. I find that to be the case with most box sets in fact. I don't think I've gotten one that had sealed Blu-rays inside.

#30 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

i ordered this set from amazon canada, comes with the 7.1 track for Oldboy that the US versions does not