Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#3061 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

I've been wondering this myself. I enjoyed the demo, but I think I'll pass for now since the DLC is also $10 and I probably will never get around to paying the game.

Just saw this and it reminded me of this thread when everyone was talking about the older Resident Evil games.

The description of the game sounds promising and all so I'll bite the bullet on it along with Mini Ninjas

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#3062 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

[QUOTE= I understand you don't trust me, so you are seeking others to confirm its region locking =/[/QUOTE]

Sigh. No. I think I just read your first post incorrectly and wasn't sure if you were confirming it being region locked or just speculating. I trust you mate. Sadly I don't really game on my Mac so I'd prefer to play it on my Xbox. In saying that, I'm now in a PAL region (moved to Australia with my Canadian NTSC Xbox). I'm curious if I bought a local PAL Xbox at some point if I'd be able to play some of this region locked Euro games. Can you or anyone confirm this? I guess I just don't know if it's more of the fact that things are locked to a physical region like DVDS or if it's a PAL/NTSC thingy.

Anyways sorry again if it seemed like I was mistrusting you. Bronies forever mate!

Edited by skonson, 19 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#3063 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Wait, Dodonpachi's DLC is on sale? Or is that the regular price? I gotta get in on that if I can if so.

#3064 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

That's the regular price on the Hungarian Marketplace, it's just lower than the regular price of the same DLC on the Japanese Marketplace. I apologize for any misunderstandings, I'm still in the process of cleaning up my post =(.

Also of note there's the 80MSP DLC on the Hungarian Marketplace which was the first edition pack-in DLC on the Japanese version of the game. I grabbed that too, it is the 1.51 update to Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu.

Oooh, make me cash in some Bing points why don't you! I'm a sucker for shumps. Still need to grab the Bullet Soul DLC sometime too. :D

#3065 in boston

in boston

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Im thinking of buying the nightmare at north point DLC before the prices change. How much extra gameplay will it give me? And is it worth it?

Im sure its been discussed a thousand times over in this thread but Im not at a computer so Im opting to be both lazy and frugal. Forgive me. Any help would be much appreciated as Im choosing between this and another playthrough of beyond good and evil.

#3066 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'ma use the 20$ i have in reward certificates and get Far Cry 3 tomorrow... maybe get lucky and do the buy 2 get 1 free...

at my local best buy, one of the main customer service guys is gay..... prolly make my girlfriend wait in the car.... i'm going to try some of my moves and hope to get him to price match the Buy 2 get one free from target....
if successful i'll get 2 copies of Far Cry 3 (one to sell) and a Kingdoms of Amular ....

either way i'll be paying at least $10 out of pocket which should give me the free 500 points from the facebook promotion....

we CAGs have no shame for good deals!

fs_lastplayed.png

#3067 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Okay. What DLC's for Sleeping Dogs are worth buying on sale? I am definitely picking up the Nightmare at North Point, but are there any other ones on sale that people highly recommend?

Wondering the same thing myself, and here's what I decided (in order)
  • Nightmare at North Point ... obvious, since it has cheevos! (4-5hr)
  • Dragon Master ... combo of 5 other packs: the Police Protection Pack, the Martial Arts Pack, the Deep Undercover Pack, the GSP Pack, and the Triad Enforcer Pack.
  • Red Envelope Pack ... adds a scavenger hunt to the main game
  • SWAT Pack ... adds additional side missions (1hr)

And then there's the non-sale DLC that also have missions ... so just wait awhile & they'll eventually drop:
  • Year of the Snake (4-5hrs)
  • Zodiac Tournament (1hr)
  • Wheels of Fury (1hr)

Edited by Cornelius, 19 March 2013 - 07:43 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3068 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks Cornelius didn't know that the Swat Pack had missions. I will ​​thoroughly enjoy bashing criminals with impunity like the Punisher.
The Dragon Pack has extra missions too, 2 Triad and 1 Police http://sleepingdogs....gon_Master_Pack. That is also looking like a good deal now.
Just noticed that Ghost Pig pack and Community Pack are free.
And curse Square for not putting the Goku [monkey king] pack on sale.

With the new deals coming up, anybody know if the Beyond Good and Evil triple pack is coming to the US. Not really interested in Dust, but having BG&E and Outland on disc would be really nice.

Edited by the Gooseler, 19 March 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#3069 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

In saying that, I'm now in a PAL region (moved to Australia with my Canadian NTSC Xbox). I'm curious if I bought a local PAL Xbox at some point if I'd be able to play some of this region locked Euro games. Can you or anyone confirm this? I guess I just don't know if it's more of the fact that things are locked to a physical region like DVDS or if it's a PAL/NTSC thingy.

I had a NTSC-US 360 when I lived in Australia, too, and from experience and research, the Games on Demand versions of games seem to have the exact region-locking as their disc versions (I have yet to find an exception). But the largest barrier for GoD regionability is the IP restriction. It's not enforced on all games, but plenty of GoDdies need you to be in the region you're buying from - and Hungary is Hungary, so even the Swiss and the Italians can't usually buy from there (or from each other), despite all being best PALs.

To sum up: if the game is IP-locked, you'll need to be there to get it from there.

If the game is not IP-locked, you'll still need a correct-model 360 for the game's region if the game is region-locked.

Another quick example: El Shaddai was recently on sale, not IP-locked, but the game itself is completely region-locked (on disc, and therefore on GoD too). So even though I'm in Asia at the moment, I could buy it and download it to my NTSC-US 360. Wouldn't have worked with my NTSC-J 360, though.

Play-Asia is a good resource for checking 360 game region-locking - much more so now that they've added European 360 games to their catalog.

#3070 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Wondering the same thing myself, and here's what I decided (in order)

• Nightmare at North Point ... obvious, since it has cheevos! (4-5hr)
  • Dragon Master ... combo of 5 other packs: the Police Protection Pack, the Martial Arts Pack, the Deep Undercover Pack, the GSP Pack, and the Triad Enforcer Pack.
  • Red Envelope Pack ... adds a scavenger hunt to the main game
  • SWAT Pack ... adds additional side missions (1hr)

And then there's the non-sale DLC that also have missions ... so just wait awhile & they'll eventually drop:
  • Year of the Snake (4-5hrs)
  • Zodiac Tournament (1hr)
  • Wheels of Fury (1hr)

Thank you for the reply! Those all seem like solid choices. I wanted to only pick up the DLC that actually added content rather than paying for cosmetic upgrades. Even so, I was a huge fan of Deus Ex: Human Revolution so the Square Enix Character Pack was tempting - if it actually included some character-specific missions for Adam Jensen, Agent 47, and Rico Rodriguez, I would have definitely bought it.

Wheels of Fury, Year of the Snake, and Wheels of Fury look good too, but I would rather wait for a sale.

#3071 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

In addition to the Ubisoft sale, so far there's Rotastic for 400 (50% off of 800). Could be a price drop I don't know.

That looks good, I'll probably pick that up.

#3072 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Tons of repeats this week (i feel like Rayman 3 is on sale every week for past few months). Already have everything decent from the list. Waiting patiently for that Capcom Arcade Cabinet deal and The Cave sale. ^^

#3073 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

So the Prince of Persia Epilogue (400MSP/50% off) says it adds "hours of additional gameplay". Those who have played it, is it worth it? How many hours are they talking about? May be finally dragging this game out of my backlog.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#3074 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

So the Prince of Persia Epilogue (400MSP/50% off) says it adds "hours of additional gameplay". Those who have played it, is it worth it? How many hours are they talking about? May be finally dragging this game out of my backlog.

Absolutely NOT: it is a summary of some of the worst parts of PoP 2008 (enclosed spaces, dull colors, bad platforming), plus it spits on the nearly perfect ending the original game had. Its only redeeming quality is that it's extremely short: they used "hours" as plural of "hour", since it will take you 2 hours maximum if you're going for the collectibles.
I admit to have completed Epilogue only for achievements, but I'm pretending it never existed in the first place...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#3075 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Absolutely NOT: it is a summary of some of the worst parts of PoP 2008 (enclosed spaces, dull colors, bad platforming), plus it spits on the nearly perfect ending the original game had. Its only redeeming quality is that it's extremely short: they used "hours" as plural of "hour", since it will take you 2 hours maximum if you're going for the collectibles.

Agree with this. I didn't even finish the Epilogue it was so lame. The main game is great and ends on the perfect note. Just ignore the Epilogue.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3076 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Is Mini Ninjas worth the 10 bucks?

I thought it was worth $10. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who craves challenge or a serious tone. It's a good looking game, a somewhat unique cartoon blend of Western aesthetic in an Eastern setting. Despite being a kid friendly title the combat has a little bit of depth. Button mashing will generally work but there's some options in terms of stealth and magic.

#3077 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

In addition to the Ubisoft sale, so far there's Rotastic for 400 (50% off of 800). Could be a price drop I don't know.

That looks good, I'll probably pick that up.

I didn't think it was great. Feels like a mobile game that was ported to XBLA for some unknown reason. It's ok in small bursts, but it's nothing special.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3078 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Just curious. Does everyone else who buys something from the Hungarian market place via the website have to enter the security code sent to your alternate email every single time? It's sorta annoying.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3079 chicken_soup_2

chicken_soup_2

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Is there anyway to download the Sales & Specials app anymore?

#3080 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Is there anyway to download the Sales & Specials app anymore?

yes, but its not under apps. i believe you have to search under the games tab.

#3081 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Only buy it if you're a completionist. It is not fun at all. Think of all the parts in the main game that made you want to throw your controller (wall climbing with corruption blobs everywhere) and multiply the difficulty by three. Then add a speed run to it. Super cheap deaths abound, and there's really no payoff for all your trouble.

#3082 in boston

in boston

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just curious. Does everyone else who buys something from the Hungarian market place via the website have to enter the security code sent to your alternate email every single time? It's sorta annoying.

Nope. I had to fill out the address/zip code info the first time but I just made my 2nd purchase ~30 minutes ago and met no prompts or other resistance.

#3083 boris1

boris1

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

i have to lots of times

#3084 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'm pretty sure I have to do this on the American website. I'm sure there's probably a way for the system to "remember my computer" but I haven't looked into it. I just have them text me a code though, a lot simpler than getting it in an alternate email.

Also, I'm gonna dive into the OP for a bit.

Done already. MS made it easy this week, all that still needs to be done is remove the Square Enix info once the deals expire. Oh, and the title, I'll get that in a minute.

Edited by tylerh1701, 19 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3085 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

So I just grabbed the Dragon Master and Swat pack for Sleeping Dogs today.
The other day I got the two DLC packs for Tomb Raider Underworld and the Missing Link for Deus Ex.

#3086 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

ABOUT THE OP: In regards to the probable price drops (this weeks being Rotastic and Tour de France) I'm wondering if these are getting buried to far down in the OP and people are missing them? I highlighted the 2 new ones this week with *New this week* labels but I'm wondering in the future if we should give all newly announced probable price drops a full week higher up in the OP before merging them into the monthly price drops section. Thoughts?

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3087 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

hmm, tempted for Outland, wish it was 75% off:/

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3088 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

ABOUT THE OP: In regards to the probable price drops (this weeks being Rotastic and Tour de France) I'm wondering if these are getting buried to far down in the OP and people are missing them? I highlighted the 2 new ones this week with *New this week* labels but I'm wondering in the future if we should give all newly announced probable price drops a full week higher up in the OP before merging them into the monthly price drops section. Thoughts?

It only seems like they're far down in the OP because of the large number of items in the Square Enix sale. I think that's a good thing. (I'm just referring to fact that there's an extra sale, not commenting on subjective views of the worthiness of what's on sale.)

I've been putting the date after unannounced drops, but bringing more attention to the new drops (top of the list, different font color) doesn't hurt. I'm a bit curious, though, why Dashboard listings are the only confirmation for an announced drop. Seems like a developer or publisher announcing it should also qualify.

#3089 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

I've been putting the date after unannounced drops, but bringing more attention to the new drops (top of the list, different font color) doesn't hurt. I'm a bit curious, though, why Dashboard listings are the only confirmation for an announced drop. Seems like a developer or publisher announcing it should also qualify.

I definitely agree with this. I'd like to see it as CONFIRMED and UNCONFIRMED price drops, and use dev and pub confirmations as a source.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3090 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

First off I want to thank Tyler, Bloomy and Cornelius for maintaining the OP in such an organized and clear way.
Second just wanted to say that the following are also on sale:

Assassin’s Creed 2 Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations 280 (50% off)
Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations Battle of Forli 160 (50% off)
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes 600 (50% off)
Splinter Cell Conviction – Deniable Ops: Insurgency 400 (50% off)

Anybody know if we are getting non gold sales this week?

Edited by the Gooseler, 19 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.
Adding thanks to Cornelius