Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#3301 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Do Case West and Zero have time limits like the retail releases?

#3302 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Ducktales HD coming this summer to XBLA, PSN, & Wii U eShop, being developed with WayForward.

Freaking sweet. That was one of the two games I stole from my neighbors when I was a kid, the other being Super Mario bros 3. Def getting this.

So Case West and Zero are about 5 hours? Seems pretty good for $1.60 and $3.20

#3303 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

So it's a longshot, but does anyone here play Max Payne 3 with the DLC? Do people play online with the DLC ever? I'm curious about the Max Payne 1 remake levels, but I'm having a horrible time finding matches with the core game. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have the DLC and everyone else does, or if there's actually not a soul playing this game.

76561197977061647.png

#3304 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

thought there would be more arcade titles on sale for this sale. Ah well. Going to get Dragonborn for sure.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3305 Goodbyemrcool

Goodbyemrcool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Do Case West and Zero have time limits like the retail releases?

Yes they do.

#3306 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Why cant Spiderman: Web of Shadows be part of the sale

#3307 Jogan

Jogan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm totally in for dawn guard. I actually just got dragonborn from GameStop for $10 by using one of the power up reward coupons.

#3308 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Looks like I'll finally be picking up Walking Dead and Dead Rising arcade titles. I know I'm late to the game on both, but ran out of points when they were on sale/or forgot previous sales. And DuckTales looks good, if it's fun I'll pick it up. Needs online co-op to play as the nephews, Launchpad or anyone else. HA!
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#3309 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

can't wait for horse armor sale april 1st

I actually would buy horse armor for Skyrim. Because they would make it worth while this time. They've learned, besides I'm such a fan they could almost sell me anything at this point.

Besides Dragonborn there really isn't anything jumping out at me in the spring sale. That's mostly due to the ton I bought during the New Year's sale. I would love to see Braid, Crysis or Forza Horizon Season Pass. Been playing that like crazy. Non of that is going to happen though. At least I'm not the only one wondering where the arcade games are.

#3310 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Ducktales HD coming this summer to XBLA, PSN, & Wii U eShop, being developed with WayForward.

I have to admit... this actually made me a little teary with nostalgic-joy. :cry:

Then I read the Capcom Blog and felt a pang of doubt/dread.

All the talk of expanding animations, bringing in the original remaining voice actors, and making sure scrooge is colored correctly, and then there's this:

DuckTales Remastered is currently set to launch this summer on XBLA, PSN and the Wii U e-Shop, and we’ve only just scratched the surface of what’s in store. We’ll have so much more to show in the months ahead, including the game’s new controls, additional areas, a Duckburg museum to track your progress, remixes of some of the most classic videogame music of all-time, and my personal favorite… A MONEY BIN YOU CAN ACTUALLY SWIM IN!

Hrmm, time will tell how far they stretch this into either a devoted, loving-remake--or into homage-levels of... Bionic Commando Rearmed 2.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#3311 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

So apparently the line to play Ducktales at PAX is 6-plus hours long b/c Capcom only has 1 demo machine up thinking it wasn't going to be that popular.

#3312 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not that I'm complaining but why is another Games on Demand sale happening so soon? Were the sales so good last time that they finally realized that games would sell if reasonably priced, or is it a last ditch effort to move some 360 product before the next console arrives?

#3313 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I actually would buy horse armor for Skyrim. Because they would make it worth while this time. They've learned, besides I'm such a fan they could almost sell me anything at this point.

if I remember correctly, they doubled the price of it one year for april fools, I thought it was pretty hilarious, I hope they do something similar this year.

#3314 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

off topic comment...... but uhh... why does everyone want horse armor so bad... ?

i just use the horse i got from The Dark Brotherhood, Shadowmere, i know he can die, and he takes 10days to regen... but he has a ton of hp and it regens really fast.... i've never had him die personally, and he often is taking 100% of damage from a dragon while i'm safely killing it....

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3315 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Finally a sale for Dragonborn.

I'll probably get it, but it will be hard playing on Xbox again after being spoiled by Mods on PC Skyrim. Easily the best game enhanced by mods I have ever played.

If the next Xbox had something on the simple side of Mod integration / management like Steam's Workshop, I'd be in love.

If you only get one of the Dead Rising Arcade games, get Case Zero, It doesn't take as long if you are achievement hunting and I thought it was a damn good introduction to the changes in mechanics from the first Dead Rising. Case West is okay, but far more time consuming from a completionist's point of view. And if you really want a full dose of Frank, Off the Record on disc would probably be money better spent.

#3316 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm downloading the demo for Just Cause 2, but which games are considered its peers? Since I don't spend a lot of time in this genre, I don't want to waste a lot of time playing lesser games when I could be playing the pinnacle of its type.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#3317 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

off topic comment...... but uhh... why does everyone want horse armor so bad... ?

i just use the horse i got from The Dark Brotherhood, Shadowmere, i know he can die, and he takes 10days to regen... but he has a ton of hp and it regens really fast.... i've never had him die personally, and he often is taking 100% of damage from a dragon while i'm safely killing it....

Best horse IMHO is the spectral reward horse from DG expansion. You summon him and then he goes away when you are done with him, I hate horses getting in the way of my entertainment unless they are Budweiser Clydesdales kicking field goals.

#3318 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm downloading the demo for Just Cause 2, but which games are considered its peers? Since I don't spend a lot of time in this genre, I don't want to waste a lot of time playing lesser games when I could be playing the pinnacle of its type.

GTA San Andreas
Just Cause
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 3
To a lesser extent: Crackdown 1 and 2.

Thats about all I got.

I see it as a subgenre of sandbox where the main objective is to be as MacGvyer-ish as possible in the dispatching of your enemies. Use a gun as the last resort.

Edit: I also have a feverish desire to see a well polished Just Cause 3 be a launch title for PS4 / Xbox 720 or both. It would be at least 2 player co-op and add better environmental destruction.

Edited by loomis1975, 23 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.
wants and desires

#3319 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Mercenaries 1 and 2 are the closest thing I can think of. Military-themed, open-world mayhem.

Maybe a dash of Saint's Row just because that series is so over the top.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#3320 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I have to admit... this actually made me a little teary with nostalgic-joy. :cry:

Then I read the Capcom Blog and felt a pang of doubt/dread.

The doubt/dread hit me when I heard they were charging $15 for it. Additional areas would make the price more palatable. I also thought, at that price, DuckTales 2 might've been part of the package (never played that one).

#3321 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Mercenaries 1 and 2 are the closest thing I can think of. Military-themed, open-world mayhem.

Mercenaries 1 is one of the best games in its genre. The second game should be avoided.

#3322 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

The doubt/dread hit me when I heard they were charging $15 for it. Additional areas would make the price more palatable. I also thought, at that price, DuckTales 2 might've been part of the package (never played that one).

Including the second one would be a nice touch, I also haven't played it.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3323 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'd say Crackdown is the closest peer for Just Cause 2 in the sandbox genre this generation. Mercenaries might be a close peer, but I've only heard bad things about the sequel and the first is from the last generation.

Both are very reliant upon you exploring the world to find objectives to conquer that help you power up. Instead of the orbs and bosses of Crackdown, Just Cause 2 has the villages that you have to liberate by blowing up the oppressive items in the town, like water towers, propaganda trucks, and other things that show up in red that add to your Chaos that will open up new weapons, vehicles, and such that you can purchase in the black market. There are also a ton of collectibles as the three main gangs have items scattered about to find along with health and shield pick-ups to collect to increase your health and shield.

Just Cause 2 is easily the best sandbox game of this generation. It looks amazing, the world is huge and full of things to do, and it's a hell of a lot of fun to play. I've spent nearly 70 hours in the PS3 version maybe getting to 60% completion since I've still got a lot to do. The navigation with the grapple hook and parachute is a favorite of mine across the genre.

#3324 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Mercenaries 1 is one of the best games in its genre. The second game should be avoided.

Exactly! God I had a blast with that 1st one, 2nd one was a total letdown. Booo!!!!!

#3325 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

I hope there's some good GoD games coming out this tuesday, I have $30 bucks in microsoft points and dunno what to get.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3326 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Woooooo Terraria on Wednesday!

The CAG can't stop me from paying 1200 for that...

#3327 Eazy7

Eazy7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

You shouldn't pay 1200 for that.

#3328 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

You shouldn't pay 1200 for that.

more like 2.50 on steam lol
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3329 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

It has to be my most anticipated XBLA release this year next to DuckTales and BattleBlock Theater. I wished it was 800msp but im still gonna pay the 1200msp on Wed. I cant wait.

#3330 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

I already have it on Steam, played through it, and I want to see the new features in the XBLA version.

I put many hours into that game, I don't mind 1200 for this. It's like that rare occasion where I KNOW it's worth it to me even at full price, i.e. Spelunky, Counter-Strike, and Scott Pilgrim off my head.