Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#4501 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

The problem I think with Deadlight is that it's a game that strangely gets progressively worse as you play it. The first 20-30 minutes of it are great and then as they try to add new mechanics (or in some ways remove mechanics as they leave you with just a slingshot) it just gets worse. I admit that I can't really think of another game that gets more frustrating and boring as it unfolds. That closes off the world instead of opening it as you move through the game. Most games start off with you in a room and open up a world as you learn the mechanics, I felt the latter happening in this game. It's sort of unique that way. Though I don't think I hated hated it like you did. I'm glad it's just about 3 hours though as after an hour into it I couldn't wait for it to end, but the completionist in me needed to see it through.

The one thing I did appreciate it that it's easy to get 400/400 gamerscore and so once it's finished it can be deleted and forgotten about. Yes the controls are at times muddy. But it does have a decent checkpoint system that doesn't punish you too hard for some of the sillier deaths. I got it for free off playxbla and wouldn't have paid more than 200-400 msp for it.

RIP Mr Ebert btw, your two thumbs will be sorely missed

Yup, your review encapsulates the issues with this game very well. It would be especially frustrating when you'd find yourself "trapped" in an area, but your companion was just able to just walk away using that elusive third dimension that you couldn't access. Why'd I have to fire my slingshot at these elaborate pulley systems when dude just walked away upscreen?

#4502 Hummer77x

Hummer77x

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

So, I got 2 punches for buying a 400 point game, but I only bought one, Mark of the Ninja. Unless TWD episodes counted, or Dragonborn. Really not sure what happened.

I got the same thing. I've only bought 3 games so far (Minecraft, World of Keflings, Sonic 3) but all my punches are completed.

#4503 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I still haven't got any punches and I've bought 3 games worth 2000MP:cry:

How long did it take for yours to show up?

Edited by MrNinjaSquirrel, 06 April 2013 - 06:29 AM.

This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#4504 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

so nothings been revealed as to next weeks deals?

im trying to convince myself that I dont need Hydro Thunder, Ilomilo or Hydrophobia but man its
tough

oh and ive accomplished 2 of the 3 punchcards, just gotta get 4 more 5 hours on arcade games and im set for all 3

TheTwistadOne48.png

#4505 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I have only bought one arcade game so far and I have 3/4 arcade games on my second punch card. Did the trial versions of two games I downloaded count for that? lol
Posted Image

#4506 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Deadlight is the single biggest XBLA disappointment I've had. However, the production quality of the graphics and atmosphere is outstanding. It's a great looking video game with absolutely no compelling gameplay.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4507 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Double Dragon 2 is an april fools joke too late
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4508 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hey guys is Deadlight worth 600 moonbucks?
Posted Image

#4509 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey guys is Deadlight worth 600 moonbucks?

http://www.cheapassg...336317&page=226

#4510 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

http://www.cheapassg...336317&page=226

Thanks...pardon my unreading of the same page I am on. :lol:
Posted Image

#4511 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Nothing interesting to me as of late since I already own both Mark of the Ninja and Dust. But lately I have spend full price on three season passes equaling 4800 MS pts! :hot: Better hold off on alot of sales since I bought 2x Gears Passes and 1 Bioshock Infinite pass since that game was fucking amazing!

512847.png

#4512 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

So, I got 2 punches for buying a 400 point game, but I only bought one, Mark of the Ninja. Unless TWD episodes counted, or Dragonborn. Really not sure what happened.

Yeah I've got two punches for buying 2 games worth 400msp each. The only thing is that I've only bought 3 games so far this month. Retro City Rampage for 600msp and then Quarrel and Swarm for 200msp each. I should technically only have one punch but perhaps the combo of Quarrel and Swarm equals 400msp in their system which is clearly as confused about this promo just as about 1/3 of the people on this forum are). Weird but I'm not gonna complain as now I just need 2 more punches to grab a free month of live (though probably will wind up buying a few more games to get the 800 pts back now that I only have another 2200 pts to spend to get it).

#4513 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Deadlight is the single biggest XBLA disappointment I've had.

I'm guessing you've never played Hydrophobia, Amy, Daggerdale, Comic Jumper, Deadliest Warrior, The Baconing, The Warriors: Street Brawl, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, Ugly Americans: Apolcalypsegeddon, NBA Unrivaled, Nexuiz, Real Steel, Battle: LA, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, The Expendables 2:the video game, or TMNT Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, have you?

#4514 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I'm guessing you've never played Hydrophobia, Amy, Daggerdale, Comic Jumper, Deadliest Warrior, The Baconing, The Warriors: Street Brawl, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, Ugly Americans: Apolcalypsegeddon, NBA Unrivaled, Nexuiz, Real Steel, Battle: LA, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, The Expendables 2:the video game, or TMNT Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, have you?

Oh God. Reading Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime made me throw up a little in my mouth. What a horrid game! I still remember that I had to walk up to my 40" TV and still squint at the text boxes during the cut scenes they were that small. Everything about that game is horrible horrible horrible. Like most people I got it for free and now I desperately want to get rid of it like some horrid sexually transmitted disease. Such a terrible game.

#4515 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Actually Hydrophobia wasn't that bad. And comic Jumper I loved. So your list is very opinion based. The others I had no interest in at all even after what people said. im am interested in plaing AMY one day regardless of what people say since a patch has since been released.

512847.png

#4516 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

"So your list is very opinion based. " Is there another kind?

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#4517 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Tbh these games looked awful on every video and most of us expected the mediocrity. :p

#4518 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Well, I enjoyed playing Comic Jumper, and a friend of mine had a very good time with Real Steel.

On a side note, do not comment this I'm going to say outside this forum, but I know someone who loved Deadlight :shock:.

Well, that guy who loved Deadlight also had TMNT Re-Shelled, and the one who likes Real Steel and me went to his house to play in local (we don't own it). Man, what a boring game :twoguns:.

#4519 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hey guys i'm new to Xbox stuff somewhat has

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Dead Rising 2: Case West

ever go on sale? How often and how much? Thank you! :)

#4520 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

Welcome to Xbox and the forums!

Let me introduce you to: http://www.xbldb.com - run by our very own CAG Spylon

Here you can find every piece of content, when it went on sale, how much it went on sale for, etc. That'll give you a good idea on if you can expect it again.

That said, Guardian Heroes is on sale right now, so grab it!
Posted Image

#4521 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

Dead Rising 2 CZ and CW were on sale for a week until 1st april... they were 160 MSP and 320 MSP.
Guardian Heroes should be on sale right now for 400 MSP, and I've never heard about the other two games going on sale.

Check this website (search bar is on the right) to see all the actual deals and if a game has been on sale before: http://xbldb.com/games

#4522 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

You two are very awesome thank you very much appreciated! :)

#4523 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

You thought Ghostbusters, Real Steel, and expendables 2 were going to live to expectations?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

xivpads.png

#4524 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

As stated, the DR2 games have been on sale quite a few times, Guardian Heroes is on sale at the moment (this is the 2nd time I recall), and Ikaruga has been on sale about twice or so now. Radiant Silvergun was on sale once at the end of 2011, but that was it.

Best part about being new to Xbox stuff is the fact most of the stuff you might want will probably be on sale at some point. I remember when I got my 360, the concept of Deal of the Week was great and how I saved so much money was awesome.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4525 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Finally bought some games on this sale: Dust, Mercury HG, Retro City Rampage, and Quarrel, and Winterbottom.

This further adds to my Xbla backlog, but I will get around to them!

#4526 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Man, I will never understand all the hate for Deadlight. I enjoyed it all the way through. I also enjoyed TMNT: Re-Shelled, for what it's worth. Comic Jumper was amazing as well.
Posted Image

#4527 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Man, I will never understand all the hate for Deadlight. I enjoyed it all the way through. I also enjoyed TMNT: Re-Shelled, for what it's worth. Comic Jumper was amazing as well.

Most of Deadlight's hate comes from the length, and the fact that there is zero replay value. (I still liked it a lot)

I also loved TMNT =P

#4528 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well this is weird. I checked my punchcard & it's been updated, but for some reason, I have 2 punched for the "Buy 4 XBLA games, get 1 free month of Live" section. I only bought Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds & its DLC, plus got a code for Toy Soldiers, so either DLC DOES count for the offer, or in some strange way, the Toy Soldiers code counted (which I doubt). Still says I only spent 800 MSP so far. 1/2 tempted to get a 400 MSP game that I want to see if it updates to 2 punches, showing I spent 1,600 MSP, to see if my theory about the DLC for XBLA games counts or not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4529 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Deadlight was fine, TMNT Reshelled was also fine. Not amazing but definitely not horrible.

#4530 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Deadlight was fine, TMNT Reshelled was also fine. Not amazing but definitely not horrible.

Deadlight is not "fine"

The first 25-33% of the game is good, the rest of he game falls down the stairs, then off a bridge, and finally off the planet.

I did a review when the game came out.

I'd wait until the game is 66-75% off and even then you have to add in that if you plan on playing the game you're going to have to deal with a game that's not all that fun after the first half hour.

The game's not that long though, you should be able to complete it in about 3 hours with everything done.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com