Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#4771 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Anyone know how CS: GO is on the consoles?

Bad.

Stick to the PC version.

#4772 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

It's kind of disappointing when you buy a season pass for Halo 4 day 1, but then they discount it on the day after the last piece of it comes out.

The lesson is: it always pays to wait. Everyone should be aware of this by now, especially if you're on this site.

Do you avoid buying games for older systems bc there's no point without achievement tracking?

Can't speak for him, but I always check the achievement lists and guides before buying a game. Achievement stats and aiming for completion is a big part of what has made gaming this generation fun for me (and I'm not interested in debating why or whether this a good/bad thing in this thread). When I was looking into the games on sale today and saw an achievement for CS:GO that started with "Play 5,000 matches," my response was "Nope, no way" and closing that tab.

#4773 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

The lesson is: it always pays to wait. Everyone should be aware of this by now, especially if you're on this site.

I 2nd this but then Bioshock Infinite did something tricky (i.e. smart) and offered some extras for the game right away with their season pass so I bit on it. Otherwise, I am done with the whole season pass thing.

#4774 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

I 2nd this but then Bioshock Infinite did something tricky (i.e. smart) and offered some extras for the game right away with their season pass so I bit on it. Otherwise, I am done with the whole season pass thing.

Did they? Just because the extras say "Day one" means they are a limited time offer. Nothing in the description suggests that freebie will disappear
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4775 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Did they? Just because the extras say "Day one" means they are a limited time offer. Nothing in the description suggests that freebie will disappear

You get a set of 4 pieces of Gear that are more powerful than the similar versions you can find in the game, you get your pistol and machine gun golden skinned and they start with a 33% damage boost, where normally the boosts you can buy are 25%, and you get 5 infusion bottles to increase your health, shield, or salt (mana) pool and are the only way to increase all 3 pools to their max amount as there's only 25 in the main game and each attribute can be boosted 10 times.

Also it allows you to miss up to 5 of the Infusion bottles in the main game and still get the achievement for getting all 25 infusion bottles.

You have to buy the pass before you start the game as you get the bonuses in a bar you arrive in within the first hour of gameplay and those bonuses (minus the guns) only appear in that room and once you leave the room you can't go back. They are available in every playthrough you do of the game, which is a big help for playing it on any combination of Hard or 1999 mode.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4776 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

$7.50 (600 MSP) on HU market. From what I've seen its region free

Yeah but I think he's saying having it on disk with all of the Halo 3 maps on disc 2 is worth the extra money.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4777 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Anyone know when the MSRP of Amalur on 360 is going to drop? Doesn't affect me as I have the disk but in the last month EA has lowered the MSRP on PSN from $40 to $30 and now $20 this week while the 360 version stays at $40.

Also used copies at GS reflect this as used 360 copies still go for $39.99.

42869.png

#4778 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Great news! I Am Alive is going to be on sale finally, for 480msp. Also, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...not.

#4779 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Anyone know when the MSRP of Amalur on 360 is going to drop? Doesn't affect me as I have the disk but in the last month EA has lowered the MSRP on PSN from $40 to $30 and now $20 this week while the 360 version stays at $40.

Also used copies at GS reflect this as used 360 copies still go for $39.99.

As I said in the other thread, it's $29.99 on Xbox Live since it dropped a few weeks ago:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541093e

It'll drop soon to match PSN anyway.

#4780 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

5000 msp on regular priced content? I hope it was all DLC or it's no wonder you can't find a sale priced game to buy...

1600 - Bioshock Infinite season Pass
1600 - GOW Judgment Season Pass
1600 - GOW Judgment Season Pass
800 - Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC

I also got a armor skin for gears for 320 MSP since I have a huge stockpile from tons of sales plus Bing points. So about 5920 MSP on regular priced stuff. Yep. When I enjoy something I buy it. Im not going to wait two years for a sale to save 50% at the very best. By that time its not even fun to play with some multiplayer game content. I like to jump in day one for the games I love. ;)

Forgot I got a few sales as well
800 - Dragonborn
800 - RE: ORC DLC

Still have plenty of MSP left. I generally stay away from arcades though (I still do own about 150). I would rather have DLC to retail games.

512847.png

#4781 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

MSUHitman covered what they were but I should have clarified what I meant by right away. I only meant that buying the Season Pass gave you some digital content for the game right away but not that the content was time sensitive. I am sure if you are waiting to play Infinite and the SP goes on sale you will still get those items at that time.

I was only saying it was smart to provide some content with the pass on the day you buy it instead of just having to wait for the DLC.

Side note: The season pass for Infinite only promises all 3 DLCs will be released by March 2014 so I would guess a sale might happen before all of it is released.
Posted Image

#4782 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

You get a set of 4 pieces of Gear that are more powerful than the similar versions you can find in the game, you get your pistol and machine gun golden skinned and they start with a 33% damage boost, where normally the boosts you can buy are 25%, and you get 5 infusion bottles to increase your health, shield, or salt (mana) pool and are the only way to increase all 3 pools to their max amount as there's only 25 in the main game and each attribute can be boosted 10 times.

Also it allows you to miss up to 5 of the Infusion bottles in the main game and still get the achievement for getting all 25 infusion bottles.

You have to buy the pass before you start the game as you get the bonuses in a bar you arrive in within the first hour of gameplay and those bonuses (minus the guns) only appear in that room and once you leave the room you can't go back. They are available in every playthrough you do of the game, which is a big help for playing it on any combination of Hard or 1999 mode.

Thank you so much for this information. I don't too don't mind dropping the money on season passes if it's for a great game or a game ima play the shit out of. Ex. BO 2. Yeah, i paid $50 mainly for zombies, but I get TONS of hours of gameplay from that alone. I mean come on, haven't you guys seen the trailer for Mob of The Dead??? Sick!!

#4783 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Paid 120 more points on Bionic Commando 2 from the sales and specials app! #-o
Marvel Origins Discounted 50%! :whee:
My Spend More, Get More punchcard still looking a lil weak. :rofl:

#4784 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thank you so much for this information. I don't too don't mind dropping the money on season passes if it's for a great game or a game ima play the shit out of. Ex. BO 2. Yeah, i paid $50 mainly for zombies, but I get TONS of hours of gameplay from that alone. I mean come on, haven't you guys seen the trailer for Mob of The Dead??? Sick!!

I was wondering if we would get another Call of the Dead-esque DLC. Guess I was right.

So next DLC should be Clinton, Bush, Obama and Bin Laden, right?

#4785 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I was wondering if we would get another Call of the Dead-esque DLC. Guess I was right.

So next DLC should be Clinton, Bush, Obama and Bin Laden, right?

And either condalisa rice, Dick Cheney, or Kim Jong Il. ;)

#4786 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

i generally stay away from arcades though (i still do own about 150).

ಠ_ಠ

#4787 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

You get 1000/1000 for simply beating Enchanted Arms. It's not a bad game either.

Sigh. I found Enchanted Arms to be one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had. It's a very very very linear JRPG. And just moving was tedious. I hate when I have to press a button to climb a ladder then walk down a hall and then press another button to descend another ladder. The story just never grabbed me either. Then again I'm not huge on JRPGs so maybe it just wasn't for me (was an impulse buy for $3 at Eb Games years ago). Completing it is way down on the list of my backlog. If you're looking for a 1000/1000 experience there are much better places to have it that at least don't suck up too much of your time. Or do yourself a favour and play a really good game without worrying about achievements.

#4788 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Great news! I Am Alive is going to be on sale finally, for 480msp. Also, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...not.

I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.

#4789 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Does a 14-day gold trial get you the sale prices too? (i see op says 1 month...)

If so, i'm in for I am Alive

#4790 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

I think trials only let you play online and not get access to Gold-exclusive deals.

#4791 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Waiting for I Am Alive paid off. I'm grabbing that for sure.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#4792 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

15 minutes could save you 15% or more...

#4793 JDMoney

JDMoney

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Leaked footage of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is online. Looks pretty good. Check it out before Ubisoft has it removed. Apparently some hackers got into the uplay servers and figured out how to download all of the Ubisoft games for free. Story here: http://www.ign.com/a...on?utm_campaign

Edited by JDMoney, 10 April 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#4794 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

so I tried some trials, Hell Yeah! is freakin amazing and im buying that immediately, Dungeon Defenders is a bit meh but I still might grab it

TheTwistadOne48.png

#4795 scottyd88

scottyd88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

So what is Blood Dragon exactly? Stand alone or DLC?

#4796 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

Leaked footage of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is online. Looks pretty good. Check it out before Ubisoft has it removed. Apparently some hackers got into the uplay servers and figured out how to download all of the Ubisoft games for free. Story here: http://www.ign.com/a...on?utm_campaign

Neat! Thanks for the sneak peak. Anytime I read about hacker stuff I'm like :drool: I have trouble when my router acts up.

#4797 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

So what is Blood Dragon exactly? Stand alone or DLC?

Stand alone.

card.png

#4798 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

If anyone is on the fence about Hell Yeah it is well worth it. It was hysterical and switches it up nicely
Posted Image

#4799 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Stand alone.

I really think it shouldve been DLC, unexplainable yes but DLC nonetheless

TheTwistadOne48.png

#4800 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hell Yeah's a Sega game, so it'll go on sale all of the time for those that forgot.