Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#4801 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Looks like I won't bother with CS: GO...400+ hours to achieve the full 400 gamer score. Yikes!

May hold off on Tomb Raider for 75-80% off.

I'm a gigantic achievement whore and somewhat of completionist, but I highly recommend u don't let that get in the way of playing cs go. It's lots of fun and still worth it at this price even though u won't finish the achievements.

#4802 hearsaybear

hearsaybear

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'm a gigantic achievement whore and somewhat of completionist, but I highly recommend u don't let that get in the way of playing cs go. It's lots of fun and still worth it at this price even though u won't finish the achievements.

Have they implemented a single patch or fix that they pushed through on the PC version? Last I heard it had the team fortress 2 treatment.

#4803 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

I couldn't resist Marvel Origins. I figure for 600 points, why not. That Farcry 3 Blood Dragon game looks awesome.

Anyone else interested in the game God Mode coming out? I can't decide if its even worth the time. I really want to like it based on what I've seen so far, but I am just have a bad feeling about it.

#4804 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

It doesn't get a lot of attention but I actually really like Kill Team and would definitely recommend it at that price next week. One of the better twin-stick shooters I've played and has a pretty fun replayable challenge mode on top of the campaign. The biggest bummer for me about it is the lack of online co-op. It's still a lot of fun solo, though.

#4805 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

It doesn't get a lot of attention but I actually really like Kill Team and would definitely recommend it at that price next week. One of the better twin-stick shooters I've played and has a pretty fun replayable challenge mode on top of the campaign. The biggest bummer for me about it is the lack of online co-op. It's still a lot of fun solo, though.

Thanks for posting this. For some reason i thought that game was a MP based shooter, ala quake live. This looks more interesting now. .

#4806 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for posting this. For some reason i thought that game was a MP based shooter, ala quake live. This looks more interesting now. .

Sure, I'm glad if people are checking it out since I thought it was an enjoyable, but not spectacular, little gem. I remember it was supposed to be a weird tie-in to Space Marine but the gameplay is nothing like it. Kill Team is more Diablo than Quake with an isometric viewpoint.

The gameplay is twin-stick shooting/melee while you run through some large maps taking out enemies and objectives in digestible levels. There are several characters with different weapon styles. I believe it has local co-op but they went cheap and left out online co-op, which would have been great.

Achievements are about average but an easy 100 or so just from going through the campaign. It was one of the more enjoyable XBLA titles I played last year, which I got for 400 from one of the sales. It's an easy recommend at 320.

#4807 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

The official April price drops are:

Rotastic - 400 MSP
Guardian Heroes - 400 MSP
Sega Bass Fishing - 400 MSP
Special Forces Team X - 800 MSP
Renegade Ops - 800 MSP
Skulls of the Shogun - 800 MSP
Skyrim - $39.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $29.99

#4808 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I would say not to buy BF1943 just on principle, its a very fun game which I got at launch for 1200 MSP but Dice barely supported it then just dropped it to go work on Bad Company 2 just a few month in when they had said new content was dependent on how the game did and if I recall it was the best selling XBLA title ever at that time

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#4809 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I would say not to buy BF1943 just on principle, its a very fun game which I got at launch for 1200 MSP but Dice barely supported it then just dropped it to go work on Bad Company 2 just a few month in when they had said new content was dependent on how the game did and if I recall it was the best selling XBLA title ever at that time

Thats a good point, it was a great selling game and I remember playing it with probably 20+ of my Xbox friends...then very little support. Great game though.

Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.

#4810 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Thats a good point, it was a great selling game and I remember playing it with probably 20+ of my Xbox friends...then very little support. Great game though.

Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.

I personally remember sitting there pumping quarters into the original and so it is a no brainer for me at that price.

As a fighter it still stands up on its own despite being like 15 years old. If you enjoy the series and have played the older titles it is fantastic nostalgia and fun. If you have not played the originals, then you most definitely owe it to yourself then, no questions!

(To be fair I am a bit biased because I have absolutely been a huge Marvel fighter fanboy since Marvel Super Heroes)

#4811 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

The official April price drops are:

Rotastic - 400 MSP
Guardian Heroes - 400 MSP
Sega Bass Fishing - 400 MSP
Special Forces Team X - 800 MSP
Renegade Ops - 800 MSP
Skulls of the Shogun - 800 MSP
Skyrim - $39.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $29.99

seriously? did they really just pull that shit just after having it on sale? those sneaky fucks.

#4812 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

seriously? did they really just pull that shit just after having it on sale? those sneaky fucks.

Why get upset over something like this since it was on sale for 400msp as well last time.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#4813 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hell yeah was pretty cool. However, personally i got a little bored at some point around halfway through and stopped playing it. Outland was the same exact story; loved it at first, but i just got a little bored of the mechanics by the end. Whereas shadow complex and SOTN (never played it till xbla) kept me itching to keep playing more all the way through my first playthrough and beyond. for what its worth. i skipped out on insanely twisted shadow planet bc i figured it would suffer that boring 2nd half of the game fate (was that a good move, or is that game more on par with SC and SOTN?)

#4814 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

They never announced these games as being on sale. They were picked up as price drops on spylon's site. Microsoft always discounts their monthly price drops well before they officially list them.

#4815 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'd say it's not worthy if you already have the second one. Unless you want to own the two of them, that is.

I played the first one back in the day and didn't like it too much, but I always liked Marvel Superheroes and X-men: Children of the Atom (hard as fuckck, but doesn't come with origins). AND MvC2 has a LOT of characters.

That said, my technique has been: yesterday I purchased origins, and today I will get MvC2, as I said, I would feel bad getting the first if I already had the second, soooo, I will do it backwards :lol:

PD: I feel a little dirty anyways ;)

Now that I've spent 1200 the other 2000 will be DD Neon and Skullgirls, since they never put them on sale, I'll create a sale myself thanks to the rewards program :D

#4816 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.

I was starting to think it will never go on sale. I mean did it really sell well to warrant no discount? I don't think it sold well. Anyways a sale for 480msp is much more than I was expecting.

Leaked footage of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is online. Looks pretty good. Check it out before Ubisoft has it removed. Apparently some hackers got into the uplay servers and figured out how to download all of the Ubisoft games for free. Story here: http://www.ign.com/a...on?utm_campaign

Does anyone know if companies secretly hire hackers to beef up their security? Anyways, that what I always think when hackers strike.

so I tried some trials, Hell Yeah! is freakin amazing and im buying that immediately, Dungeon Defenders is a bit meh but I still might grab it

Wish I could at least try Hell Yeah!, every time it goes on sale multiple people talk about how much fun it is. I like the idea of Dungeon Defenders but couldn't get of the controls and camera.

Join Swagbucks  referral link

Join Bing Rewards referral link

Plus refer your friends and family and increase your points, cash out bucks/points for gift cards

#4817 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

I believe it has been discussed but I had a question on the current punchcard promo.

For the Spend More, Get More with the 800 MSP reward, it does not say you have to buy 4 800 point games exactly but rather for every 800 spent on XBLA... For example if I pick up Battle Block Theater (1200) MvC Origins (600) and CS:GO (600) and so I spend 2400 points, would I get three punches still?

(Note I am obviously not talking about the one where you simply need to buy four games)

Thanks in advance for the help! : )

#4818 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

From a game play standpoint it doesn't make sense to pick up origins if you have MvC2.
MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. The reason to pick up Origin would be to see how the series has evolved, rack up some achievements, or if you are a hoarder (like me). :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4819 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game.

This.

Get Darkstalkers, 3rd Strike or JoJo instead if you want another Capcom fighter.

#4820 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

From a game play standpoint it doesn't make sense to pick up origins if you have MvC2.
MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. The reason to pick up Origin would be to see how the series has evolved, rack up some achievements, or if you are a hoarder (like me). :)

Yeah I played it a bit last night and I'd have to agree with this, MvC2 is way better.

There's a nostalgia factor for me which made it worth a purchase, also they should have included Xmen Vs Street Fighter IMO.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#4821 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yeah I played it a bit last night and I'd have to agree with this, MvC2 is way better.

There's a nostalgia factor for me which made it worth a purchase, also they should have included Xmen Vs Street Fighter IMO.

Personally, I would've rather they added the Japanese version of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. I get a kick from playing Norimaru. :)
Posted Image Posted Image

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4822 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I believe it has been discussed but I had a question on the current punchcard promo.

For the Spend More, Get More with the 800 MSP reward, it does not say you have to buy 4 800 point games exactly but rather for every 800 spent on XBLA... For example if I pick up Battle Block Theater (1200) MvC Origins (600) and CS:GO (600) and so I spend 2400 points, would I get three punches still?

(Note I am obviously not talking about the one where you simply need to buy four games)

Thanks in advance for the help! : )

Yes, its cumulative. I know it doesn't say anything about a minimum price requirement, but I would make sure each game purchased is at least 400 or above just to be safe. The system has been a little wonky and punchcards crossing into one another. A few people on here achieved multiple punches in the 4 game category having only purchased one qualifying game priced at 800 or 1200 points.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#4823 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hell yeah was pretty cool. However, personally i got a little bored at some point around halfway through and stopped playing it. Outland was the same exact story; loved it at first, but i just got a little bored of the mechanics by the end. Whereas shadow complex and SOTN (never played it till xbla) kept me itching to keep playing more all the way through my first playthrough and beyond. for what its worth. i skipped out on insanely twisted shadow planet bc i figured it would suffer that boring 2nd half of the game fate (was that a good move, or is that game more on par with SC and SOTN?)

I loved Outland, I easily made it all the way through that one. If you didn't get through Outland, I don't think you need to play ITSP. Though it's far less challenging and shorter so you might get through it before you get bored.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#4824 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Marvel vs. Capcom 1 has much better backgrounds based on Capcom games and Marvel stuff, and the music has been scientifically proven to be 1,000 times superior to the sequel's. Plus the Striker system is pretty neat, with helper characters that don't show up in part 2. It's still possible to enjoy 1 even if you own 2.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#4825 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Marvel vs. Capcom 1 has much better backgrounds based on Capcom games and Marvel stuff, and the music has been scientifically proven to be 1,000 times superior to the sequel's. Plus the Striker system is pretty neat, with helper characters that don't show up in part 2. It's still possible to enjoy 1 even if you own 2.

Yeah, but I don't play fighting games to look at backgrounds and listen to music. :)
And I'll counter you helper character argument (which is really just a novelty) with the MUCH larger roster in the sequel.
If you're sitting at home and get the itch to play an old school Capcom fighting game, I don't see why you'd play origins over MvC2.

Also a bit of trivia: Do you know which character appeared in every game in the series?
Spoiler

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4826 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I actually prefer MvC over MvC2, but to each their own. They are fundamentally different games. Agree that this set should have included X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Children of the Atom, but they're probably saving those for Marvel Origins 2 someday.

#4827 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I actually prefer MvC over MvC2, but to each their own. They are fundamentally different games.

Exactly. Character count isn't the one and only thing that matters, for some of us anyway. :P Since both games have their differences, I enjoy them both.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#4828 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

considering it's not unusual to find a copy of MvsC3 for less than $15, is it worth getting MvsC2? I'm a very casual fighting game player, so I probably wouldn't notice any of the more mild gameplay tweaks. Should I just get MvsC3? Seems like a better cast IMO which is much of the draw for me for games like this.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4829 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

considering it's not unusual to find a copy of MvsC3 for less than $15, is it worth getting MvsC2? I'm a very casual fighting game player, so I probably wouldn't notice any of the more mild gameplay tweaks. Should I just get MvsC3? Seems like a better cast IMO which is much of the draw for me for games like this.

I'll let someone else go into more detail... MvC 2 and 3 not only look completely different, but they play much differently as well (moreso than the changes from 1 to 2). Liking one definitely doesn't guarantee you'll like the other. Me, I found 2 much easier to get into. And if you were going to get 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be the one to get anyway - not the vanilla version.

Edited by eastx, 10 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#4830 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Me, I found 2 much easier to get into. And if you were going to get 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be the one to get anyway - not the vanilla version.

Man! I was hoping to start another argument, but unfortunately I have to agree with you.
I own MvC2 (DC & XBLA), MvC3 and UMvC3. MvC2 is my personal favorite. Although I really liked MvC3 and it's update a lot, and would recommend them, I feel that MvC2 has more character (not with an "s") and has just the right amount of chaos injected into the gameplay.

MrzombieChicken.jpg