Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#5041 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

why can't we ever get konami games on xbl deals?

#5042 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

It seems like a lot of people here have assumed in the past that Skyrim, like several Bethesda games before it, would have more DLC incoming. That is apparently not the case. Link

I like how Fallout 4 is expected "before 2018."

Wow that kinda sucks, I expected 1 more big expansion, thought I read about it somewhere. Shame.

#5043 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

why can't we ever get konami games on xbl deals?

Seriously, I have so many demos downloaded waiting to go on sale so I could instantly buy them!

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#5044 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Seriously, I have so many demos downloaded waiting to go on sale so I could instantly buy them!

not sure if they include the games you want, but you may want to check out the disc versions. They go for about $10-15 on amazon for a three pack, so it may be cheaper.
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#5045 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

not sure if they include the games you want, but you may want to check out the disc versions. They go for about $10-15 on amazon for a three pack, so it may be cheaper.

I have both of them. They are totally worth it!

Pretty much waiting for a few other games to go on sale. 8-)

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#5046 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Okay so at first the Punchcards made an error in my favor but now it looks like the opposite.

I need one more game and apparently another 1,600msp (I think this is wrong and isn't changed)

What games do you guys recommend, I have too many to list already so just assume I have most of the big/popular ones.

I was thinking about the Bit Trip Runner game, but is it worth 1200? I know I'm gonna get Geo Wars 2 this week but these new games coming out, do any of them look good? I haven't looked at them any.

#5047 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Looks like they don't even have a specific Tax Day sale, just highlighting that the stuff that's already on sale in that section of the dashboard can be bought today, which also happens to be Tax Day. It's the laziest promotion I've seen from them in a while, as the only work they did was creating that blurry banner image for the dashboard.

#5048 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Okay so at first the Punchcards made an error in my favor but now it looks like the opposite.

I need one more game and apparently another 1,600msp (I think this is wrong and isn't changed)

What games do you guys recommend, I have too many to list already so just assume I have most of the big/popular ones.

I was thinking about the Bit Trip Runner game, but is it worth 1200? I know I'm gonna get Geo Wars 2 this week but these new games coming out, do any of them look good? I haven't looked at them any.

A couple lesser know games I'd recommend (note, some I've only played the demos of, but they still look promising):

Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
ilomilo
Alien Hominid
Stacking
Bastion
Joe Danger (either one)
The Dishwasher VS (haven't actually played at all, but the art style is really cool)

More mainstream, but incase you don't have them:

Super Meat Boy
Dust
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Plants vs Zombies:applause::applause::applause:
Rock Band Blitz

#5049 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Plants vs Zombies is on disc though. Playing it on my phone first kinda ruined it too.

Bastion seems excellent, but I wonder how it will be in the long run. Demo was pretty convincing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5050 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

A couple lesser know games I'd recommend (note, some I've only played the demos of, but they still look promising):

Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
ilomilo
Alien Hominid
Stacking
Bastion
Joe Danger (either one)
The Dishwasher VS (haven't actually played at all, but the art style is really cool)

More mainstream, but incase you don't have them:

Super Meat Boy
Dust
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Plants vs Zombies:applause::applause::applause:
Rock Band Blitz

\

Nice 1st list, I'll check out Shadow Planet, Alien Hominid, and The Dishwasher. I tried Winterbottom when it was 200msp but it wasn't for me, even at that price. I have Stacking though, great game, loved it, just need the dlc to go on sale again, no way I'm paying more for that when I got the full game when it was on sale for 300.

And the only one I don't have on the second list is P vs. Z. I've never played it at all, I'll give it a try. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

#5051 aeonus

aeonus

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

What about Braid and Limbo? They got a lot of hype at one point.

#5052 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Plants vs Zombies is on disc though. Playing it on my phone first kinda ruined it too.

Bastion seems excellent, but I wonder how it will be in the long run. Demo was pretty convincing.

I know, but he needed more points, so I just threw it out there. I got Bastion from the Humble Bundle, and everything I've played has been awesome. I'm not very far in, but I don't imagine it isn't going to continue this trend;)

#5053 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

\

Nice 1st list, I'll check out Shadow Planet, Alien Hominid, and The Dishwasher. I tried Winterbottom when it was 200msp but it wasn't for me, even at that price. I have Stacking though, great game, loved it, just need the dlc to go on sale again, no way I'm paying more for that when I got the full game when it was on sale for 300.

And the only one I don't have on the second list is P vs. Z. I've never played it at all, I'll give it a try. Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Plants vs Zombies is a must for anyone! I've rebought and played through it more times than I care to admit, but it never gets old. It is on disc with Peggle and Heavy Weapon included though, so if you can find something else to spend 1600 on then that would be the better buy. Forgot about Braid and Limbo, but I figured you had them as they are rather well know now.

#5054 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Plants vs Zombies is a must for anyone! I've rebought and played through it more times than I care to admit, but it never gets old. It is on disc with Peggle and Heavy Weapon included though, so if you can find something else to spend 1600 on then that would be the better buy. Forgot about Braid and Limbo, but I figured you had them as they are rather well know now.

Actually, I don't have Braid but it never interested me, I guess I'll have to check it out though. What game/games would you compare it to?

#5055 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Personally, I'd select something that may never go on sale...Radiant Silvergun is the first thing that comes to mind.

PS: Heavy Weapon is on the Feeding Frenzy POP cap disc. Plants vs Zombies has Peggle and Zuma.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5056 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

I also just realized that we were talking about Braid, I was confusing it for Bastion. I don't have either but I remember playing the trial for Braid and it didn't hook me either. I also think I know the ending/twist

#5057 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Personally, I'd select something that may never go on sale...Radiant Silvergun is the first thing that comes to mind.

PS: Heavy Weapon is on the Feeding Frenzy POP cap disc. Plants vs Zombies has Peggle and Zuma.

Radiant Silvergun has been on sale twice.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5058 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

I also just realized that we were talking about Braid, I was confusing it for Bastion. I don't have either but I remember playing the trial for Braid and it didn't hook me either. I also think I know the ending/twist

yeah, Braid is a lot like Winterbottom (or the other way around I guess), so I wouldn't expect you to enjoy one if you didn't like the other, at least not to much. Bastion, it's really it's own game. The cool thing about it is that everything is narrated, but in a really awesome overly dramatic way, and the art is very well done. The gameplay so far has been somewhat like a top down brawler, but I expect it will end up being somewhat like a Metroivania sort of game once I'm farther in, at least it just feels like it's headed that way. I can't really think of anything I dislike about it, but then again I've only gotten about an hour in tops.

#5059 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

oh, my bad. I have the PS3 version, and that is what's on it, but I guess they switched it around for the 360 version.

#5060 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Wow that kinda sucks, I expected 1 more big expansion, thought I read about it somewhere. Shame.

There was a rumor of a registered "Redguard" trademark but that ended up being false apparently.

#5061 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

yeah, Braid is a lot like Winterbottom (or the other way around I guess), so I wouldn't expect you to enjoy one if you didn't like the other, at least not to much. Bastion, it's really it's own game. The cool thing about it is that everything is narrated, but in a really awesome overly dramatic way, and the art is very well done. The gameplay so far has been somewhat like a top down brawler, but I expect it will end up being somewhat like a Metroivania sort of game once I'm farther in, at least it just feels like it's headed that way. I can't really think of anything I dislike about it, but then again I've only gotten about an hour in tops.

I wouldn't say bastion is a metroivania at all, it's very much a brawler, but the art style and music/voice over work is what carries it. I also loved the weapon design, it added a new dimension to the game and in my eyes it was very balanced as far as difficulty.

#5062 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

I wouldn't say bastion is a metroivania at all, it's very much a brawler, but the art style and music/voice over work is what carries it. I also loved the weapon design, it added a new dimension to the game and in my eyes it was very balanced as far as difficulty.

well I guess my first impression was correct then, good to know. I'd still recommend it, at least from what I've played:)

#5063 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Bastion's a 2D isometric action game.

#5064 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

http://www.gamestop....llection/109106

Worms Collection XBLA Disc $29.99 out 5/21

#5065 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

So it sounds like Skyrim DLC is done. I would expect a GOTY version soon I hope.

http://www.xbox360ac...-Adventure.html

"Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios"

#5066 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

So it sounds like Skyrim DLC is done. I would expect a GOTY version soon I hope.

http://www.xbox360ac...-Adventure.html

"Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios"

I'm pretty sure it was already announced or leaked. Either someone here or on some website had a link that showed an edition with all 3 dlc's with the main game.

#5067 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

Very interesting. I have Worms revolution, but none of these 3. I was actually thinking of picking up Worms 2 since it's only 400 MSP. If these come with the dlc then I may go that route instead.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5068 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

I cannot praise Winterbottom enough. That game has so much personality it's amazing. I held off on buying it as I wasn't sure if I'd be into the whole style of the game as I have enough colourless Xbox games in my backlog, but holy dooly that game has some charm and knocked my pants off. It's definitely one of the most overlooked XBLA games in my opinion, a total buried treasure.

As for Bastion. To be honest the game mechanics are alright but I never found myself invested in the actual world. The story is too meh for me and feels like I'm trying to understand something without much background. It reminds me a bit like Mario in which none of the actual enemies seem to make sense in what they are all doing in the same world together. It is a bit of a mishmash like that. And I wish there was something more cohesive to explain how all these various creatures inhabit the same reality, or even how the reality works. I guess for me considering that so much of the story and gameplay revolves around rebuilding a world that was destroyed by a calamity, that I wanted to actually care about this world and want to see it restored to it's original glory. The Neverending Story made me feel that way within a 90 minute length. I've played this thing for hours and still don't really understand or care, so as much as I enjoy it, there's something missing in it for me. Without the narration it would just be a standard isometric hack and slash. I just wish it had more of a Bioshock style of story to it as so much could have been done. But then again I'm someone who loves games with great stories and in an era where we have The Walking Dead I'm craving some more good story driven XBLA games in fact I'm contemplating picking up Amy and I Am Alive just for those reasons as I still need 1600 pts for my last punchcard of this month (praying there will be better sales in the last two weeks but that's how desperate I am at the moment). I do have to say that I picked Bastion up on one of the Humble Bundle deals and tried it out there first, maybe it's just me but I found the controls are a lot better on a keyboard and mouse in terms of being able to aim your throw/shoot attack. This made some of the challenge rooms (Proving Grounds) on the console very very difficult for me to finish and so there were way too many times I threw down a controller in frustration cause it just wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. Whereas I was awesome at doing them on my Mac. If you do PC/Mac game I would highly recommend it for that system over XBLA and it runs on fairly low specs as my 2008 'crap'book can run it fine. I've also heard that the iOS version is pretty good too but I haven't tried it out yet.

#5069 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

You are much better off buying these seperate or waiting for a price drop. The price of them downloaded is $20 currently, not considering a chance at future sales.

#5070 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light is FREE for all Silver members.

If you're not Silver, make an account and license transfer to your 360. Gold price is 600 MSP, so be careful.

(Kane & Lynch character pack also free)