Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#5731 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Anyone played Poker Night 2 yet?

I tried the demo and I'm liking it. Already have a preorder on Steam, but if I need another game for the punchcards I'm going to get it.

I still don't know why the release for consoles is today but on PC it's on friday..

#5732 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yeah I went ahead and got it, didn't even play the trial. Def has charm, and the dialogue is pretty great.

#5733 JBallerX

JBallerX

Serenity now!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

So I don't know how it's not been mentioned yet, but Microsoft is announcing their new system on May 21st:hot:

I just received the email!!! In 27 days... \\:D/

#5734 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Peggle is BRILLIANT!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5735 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Poker Night 2 is a lot of fun. The characters are hilarious and incredibly well voice acted. The single-player only aspect of it might be a turn-off to most but if you are a fan of poker this game is worth a look.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5736 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hmm, I'll have to buy one full priced game that is 600 points or more to fill out my punch card, think Poker Night 2 would fit the bill? Would prefer to buy a game that doesn't go on sale often.

Figure Poker Night 2 won't for awhile since it just came out.

#5737 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Possibly somewhat related, Plinko was always my least favorite game on The Price is Right.

Now you've crossed the line.

#5738 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Lol I'm glad someone called him on it. I'm pretty sure Tyler is living in some kind of alternate reality where Peggle is boring and Pizza Hut has the best pizza.

I'm 100% with Tyler on this one. Pizza Hut has had the best corporate piozza since I was a wee lad. Sure there's some better mom and pops, but for cookie cutter manufacturing the Hut is tops.

Also, Peggle bores me in a painful way.

To each their own, but you are not alone Tyler. You are not alone.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5739 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm 100% with Tyler on this one. Pizza Hut has had the best corporate piozza since I was a wee lad. Sure there's some better mom and pops, but for cookie cutter manufacturing the Hut is tops.

Giordano's is the best chain pizza, and it's not even close.

I'm also a Peggle hater. Love me some Plinko, though.

#5740 aeonus

aeonus

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Giordano's is the best chain pizza, and it's not even close.

100% agree, but unless you're in Chicago or Orlando, you're SOL. I wouldn't have counted them when we're discussing Pizza Hut, etc. Pizza Hut and Papa John's are good compared to Domino's and Little Caesar's.

One thing that needs to be said is some in this thread live near great pizza restaurants, and others live where there are only big chains.

#5741 vherub

vherub

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I think the comparison is peggle is to homemade pizza as fable heroes is to big chains

#5742 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Peggle is BRILLIANT!

You should use less purple...purple is for sexually frustrated women only =O

#5743 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Eugh, Pizza Hut is the one place I will absolutely not eat from.

Tastes like shit and makes me feel sick every time.

#5744 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

So I need at least 600 ms points to finish off my punchards and 400 of those have to at least be on a single game.

I am thinking either Terraria, THPS, Raskulls, PvZ or Phantom Breaker.

Thoughts? I am thinking either Terraria or PVZ most likely even though I already own multiple versions on each.

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

#5745 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think the comparison is peggle is to homemade pizza as fable heroes is to big chains

Homemade pizza>>>>>>>>everything else.

I enjoy peggle, but I've kinda burnt out on it lately. Works best on PC IMO.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#5746 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

So I need at least 600 ms points to finish off my punchards and 400 of those have to at least be on a single game.

Thoughts? I am thinking either Terraria or PVZ most likely even though I already own multiple versions on each.

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

PvZ is always outstanding, and I think if you have a friend then it's worth double dipping for the multiplayer, which is unique for the XBLA/PSN versions. It's not outstanding, but some quick fun that provides a different twist on the game. Also co op through the whole story mode.

I honestly don't know what you are referring to with THPS. If you mean Tony Hawk, I don't really see the point. Not as many features or as much content as most any of the other dozen versions you can find.

No experience with Terraria or Phantom Breaker, but they both look fun. I expect Terraria will definitely go on sale though, and considering it's double what you need to spend, I'd pass on it.

Rakskulls looks ok, but I haven't heard much or tried the demo. Also looks like another one that could go on sale. Unless you want the unlocks for ilomilo and Kingdom (or is it world) of Keflings, I'd pass as well.

So my vote is PvZ:D

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#5747 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Too bad Monaco got delayed on xbl, its gettin 9s everywhere. get Phantom Breaker broly, u wont regret it
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5748 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

That was also me..I'm the idiot who bought BC Rearmed 2 twice lol I knew there has to be a point I avoided it back in the sales & specials app argh <.<"

I should keep a list of the compilation discs I own to avoid rebuys. So far so good.

You should use less purple...purple is for sexually frustrated women only =O

Also, wtf. Dumb joke.

Spoiler

Why would I do this? Are they going to release a bundle (like Twisted Pixel's one) with the most wanted games?

I checked out the FB link for the Xbox Ultimate Collection and this is what it said:

Announcing The Ultimate Collection - our pick of the 30 most popular games on XBLA. Vote fortnightly for a new game to join the collection - the winning title will get 50% off for a week!

First in the ring: Zuma's Revenge vs. Bejeweled 3! Full details here: http://$$$$$$$/15K2BCD

While they didn't say there wouldn't be a bundle, at least we know we're voting for 50% off like Frisky mentioned.

That first matchup is cruel because I want both. If others want both they're included on the Zuma's Revenge disc along with Feeding Frenzy 2. That might be a better deal once it gets a sale/price drop if others want it too.

Man thread's looking nice. K back to cramming for finals.

Good luck with finals! Cornelius, tyler and others have been taking care of your baby.

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

Terraria is the newest and most expensive so probably the least likely to go on sale right now. I believe the rest have all been on sale or gotten a price drop at least once. If you're deciding between Terraria and PvZ which you own many copies of then I'd say go with Terraria.

I just checked my XBLR punch cards to make sure I was done and it turns out I'm not. I bought:

DR2: Case West (320 MSP) + BBT (1200 MSP) + RCR (600 MSP) + I Am Alive (480 MSP) + Hell Yeah! (480 MSP) = 3080 MSP

That leaves me 120 MSP short of the 3200 MSP mark. I'll probably bite on Poker Night 2 since it will essentially be free when I get my 800 MSP back. I've been playing Borderlands 2 again so the additional skins will be put to use.

To be honest I was really looking forward to Monaco but it was delayed and FC3: Blood Dragon looks awesome just like FC3 was but it's out May 1 and Ubisoft games tend to go on sale quickly. I also liked Terraria but barely touched Minecraft so I guess I'll wait for a sale on all 3 games... XBLA bringing it with all these awesome games lately, BBT included.

I've spent like 30 hours in BBT already this month. For anyone else with the game every Friday The Behemoth is releasing a new special "star" head. They're limited time only so if you miss it you can only get it by trading. The first week it was a Behemoth mascot chicken head, the second was a Purham Furbottom head and this week (tomorrow is the last day to get it) is a donut head for completing Furbottom's Features solo and Dan's dog (Boston Terrier) head for completing it in co-op. Word of warning: If someone who has already gotten the head hosts a match and invites you and then you complete it there's a glitch where you won't unlock it. My friend experienced this and emailed The Behemoth about it. My other friend and I unlocked it by playing it together when none of us had it. Unfortunately, I hosted the game with a friend who did not have it and it did not unlock for her. I think I read about it happening to someone else on their forums so they are now aware of it and hopefully working on a fix. My friend got an awesome reply from them and has been giving them info on the situation.

Edited by Cleaner7, 24 April 2013 - 10:11 PM.
Hey I'm like Cronos now ;)

#5749 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

If you enjoy games like Guardian Heroes, I'd easily recommend Phantom Breaker.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #3   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#5750 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

PvZ is always outstanding, and I think if you have a friend then it's worth double dipping for the multiplayer, which is unique for the XBLA/PSN versions. It's not outstanding, but some quick fun that provides a different twist on the game. Also co op through the whole story mode.

I honestly don't know what you are referring to with THPS. If you mean Tony Hawk, I don't really see the point. Not as many features or as much content as most any of the other dozen versions you can find.

No experience with Terraria or Phantom Breaker, but they both look fun. I expect Terraria will definitely go on sale though, and considering it's double what you need to spend, I'd pass on it.

Rakskulls looks ok, but I haven't heard much or tried the demo. Also looks like another one that could go on sale. Unless you want the unlocks for ilomilo and Kingdom (or is it world) of Keflings, I'd pass as well.

So my vote is PvZ:D

Raskulls is very good. I don't think it's quite on the level of PvZ or Terarria, but it's a fun game.

I'd say go for either PvZ or Tony Hawk, whichever one you want more, since those are the 2 that are on sale. I enjoyed the Tony Hawk remake for the most part, even though I suck at it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5751 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

I hate Terraria. Boring grindfest. Others don't though.

Phantom Breaker takes Guardian Heroes's brawler+fighting game fiddlyness and ramps up the fiddly to the level of a Japanese doujin fighter, which is pretty much what it is mapped directly to a brawler. There's a lot of meat but I think it is TOO damn fiddly sometimes, like how DMC4 became more about punching in your combo and beating up fodder enemies than it ever did about just fighting enemies. Still, it's fun enough.

Raskulls is a lot more entertaining than it should sound. It's not great but it's worth a play.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#5752 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Phantom Breaker gets my vote. I just picked it up today as well!

#5753 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Whatever you do, don't get Tony Hawk.

They ****ed up big time with trying to update that game.

#5754 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I hate Terraria. Boring grindfest.

What? You could say that about any game. The amount of content in Terraria is ridiculous.

#5755 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've spent like 30 hours in BBT already this month. For anyone else with the game every Friday The Behemoth is releasing a new special "star" head. They're limited time only so if you miss it you can only get it by trading. The first week it was a Behemoth mascot chicken head, the second was a Purham Furbottom head and this week (tomorrow is the last day to get it) is a donut head for completing Furbottom's Features solo and Dan's dog (Boston Terrier) head for completing it in co-op. Word of warning: If someone who has already gotten the head hosts a match and invites you and then you complete it there's a glitch where you won't unlock it. My friend experienced this and emailed The Behemoth about it. My other friend and I unlocked it by playing it together when none of us had it. Unfortunately, I hosted the game with a friend who did not have it and it did not unlock for her. I think I read about it happening to someone else on their forums so they are now aware of it and hopefully working on a fix. My friend got an awesome reply from them and has been giving them info on the situation.

You're really making me want to get BBT now;) but I still haven't touched castle crashers, so I should probably wait. That's a cool way to keep people playing though:applause:

Out of all these brawlers, would anyone recommend them to someone playing mostly, if not entirely solo:

Scott Pilgrim
X-Men
Simpsons
Phantom Breaker
Guardian Heroes

They aren't typically the kind of game I play, but I figure if I stick with one for more than the 10 minutes or so the trials are, I would probably enjoy it more and get used to the controls.

Also, like seemingly everyone else, thinking of getting Poker Night 2. Could someone give me a brief overview of how actual gameplay works? I know it's single player only, but is it some kind of story or mission based mode, or just plain old poker with a great cast?

And lastly, I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on Rock of Ages. I really like the ascetics, but the gameplay didn't exactly grab me. Does it get better, or is it a safe pass? Also seems like something that may/may already have, turn up in PS+, so that's another thing to consider I guess:-?

#5756 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

What? You could say that about any game. The amount of content in Terraria is ridiculous.

Quality>quantity for me, but that's not specific to Terraria (which I haven't played) but games in generall. I'd much rather go through a short but super sweet single player game (like Splinter Cell Conviction) than spend hours that seem to exist only to pad out the experience completing the same thing (Kingdoms of Amular comes to mind).

I just think some people tend to get to caught up in the amount of time they CAN spend on a game, instead of focusing on how much they actually WANT to spend.

But to each their own, Terraria actually looks fun to me;)

#5757 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Also, like seemingly everyone else, thinking of getting Poker Night 2. Could someone give me a brief overview of how actual gameplay works? I know it's single player only, but is it some kind of story or mission based mode, or just plain old poker with a great cast?

And lastly, I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on Rock of Ages. I really like the ascetics, but the gameplay didn't exactly grab me. Does it get better, or is it a safe pass? Also seems like something that may/may already have, turn up in PS+, so that's another thing to consider I guess:-?

If it's like the first game, it's just poker. You start with a large pot and keep playing until the last person is standing.

Rock of Ages was on PS+ right before last E3. I enjoyed it a lot as a tower defense-infused Super Monkey Ball with a Terry Gilliam sort of art style. Outside of the boss fights, the levels are pretty much the same with small twists in level design, so if you develop one good strategy to win, it should work on them all.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5758 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Out of all these brawlers, would anyone recommend them to someone playing mostly, if not entirely solo:

Scott Pilgrim
X-Men
Simpsons
Phantom Breaker
Guardian Heroes

I would only recommend Guardian Heroes for solo play since it has helper AI.

The other games need at least one other friend playing to be any fun.

#5759 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Haha well I just mentioned that I didn't care for Pac Man CE DX a couple pages back, so I didn't want to highlight that I also don't particularly care for Peggle. Way to blow up the font haha!

..and you are our esteemed leader in this thread? #-o

Spoiler

And if anyone is actually interested as to why I don't care for Peggle:

Spoiler

You're right, it is a super casual game, but its a really fun one. Don't have to worry about strategies, learning or anything advanced. Just grip it and rip it.

How can anyone hate Plinko though?

MattNY.png

#5760 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

You're really making me want to get BBT now;) but I still haven't touched castle crashers, so I should probably wait. That's a cool way to keep people playing though:applause:

Yeah it's a nice incentive to switch things up and earn something cool each week. I just started the solo and co-op campaign the other day and that's going to take lots of time so I like having a nice distraction in between that and arena. Plus I'm all for more gems, gems and gems on my quest to unlocking every character type. I've completed the rectangle and square heads and am working on circle now then triangle last. You'll definitely get your money's worth.

Also, I can play some Castle Crashers with you sometime. I bought the Blacksmith DLC not too long ago and haven't really played with him or Hatty Hattington. I forgot I unlocked him too from BBT! Unlock all the bonus items!

That said, I just convinced myself to buy Poker Night 2.