Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#5941 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

My mistake. I asked about those 2 because I'm trying to complete the april rewards offer and need 2 more games. Which doom has more levels? Better online MP support?

To complete the second punchcard i got Hell Yeah (480 MSP last week), Dead Space Ignition (400 MSP), Quantum Conundrum and From Dust (both 480MSP on sale this week)

Trials HD is not 400 MSP as listed on Wikipedia :cry:

#5942 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).
So do you have some time to kill? If so read on.
Listed below are all the 400 MSP games I currently do not own as XBLA titles. Anything worth picking up there? I know some are god awful, and others I either already own or own a variation of. I already have a couple of titles in mind, I am interested in hearing what others think. So any recommendations? Thanks

Spoiler

The best ones on that list (given you owning Sonic UGC) to me are Blade Kitten, Blacklight, Contra, Gunstar Heroes, & Rush N Attack.

I own all of those except Blade Kitten, & I wish I hadn't payed full price for Blacklight. I would rank Blacklight last though as its an online-only FPS and I have no idea if its still active at all.

#5943 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Another cheap option for Doom 3 BFG is using the birthday coupon with PUR Pro on a used copy @Gamestop. Found a complete copy and after the 30% and using store credit so no tax it ended up being $13.67, a pretty decent price.

I just got my final 2 stamps to finish out the trio of punchcards and I'm really really hoping the VIP reward is not an Avatar item. But I have no idea what else it would be.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5944 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

If you guys want a 4th CC player, I'd totally be down. :)

Sweet. I'm on now if anyone wants to play. I work night shift so days and early evenings are best for me.

#5945 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Just grabbed Phantom Breaker & Poker Night 2. Now I just need to decide on either Catan or Carcassonne to round out my rewards punch card thing.

Carcassonne imo. Sweet game.

#5946 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think I found a

If anyone else still need to buy one last game to get there and the deals for this and next week don't help you at all, take a look on this list:

http://en.wikipedia....ve_Arcade_games

All XBLA Games are listed here and you can sort them by their price =)

TylerH, a couple of rarely-asked-for requests, the preceding link as well as CAG's own Xbox Rewards discussion thread added among the list of links in the second entry up there (not that many CAGs even know that the list exists) if you would, goodsir. (On a sidenote, we need a hat-tip emoticon). The Rewards discussion just makes sense especially since we link to the Rewards site itself, and in a list of links concerning XBLA it only makes sense to me to have a complete list hanging out among the rest of them.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#5947 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Just grabbed Phantom Breaker & Poker Night 2. Now I just need to decide on either Catan or Carcassonne to round out my rewards punch card thing.

As a board game? Catan destroys Carcassonne. As an XBLA game, I give the nod to Carcassonne. They're both very good adaptations, but vanilla Carcassonne is arguably better to play on a screen, since you don't need a lot of space like the actual game, and the Xbox handles the annoying cleanup and the score counting.

Catan, on the other hand, is best played local multiplayer, which is impossible to do on a single screen. It's a great, great game... but it's best with an actual set. (By the way, buy the physical game.)

#5948 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Sweet. I'm on now if anyone wants to play. I work night shift so days and early evenings are best for me.

darn, had to go out. Tomorrow hopefully. I played a couple levels today, to try and level my orange knight up somewhat from complete novice, so hopefully I won't suck so much between all of you that seem to have maxed out the game every way you slice it;)
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."
I mean, why should they...

#5949 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

So I'd been mulling Arcadecraft at its normal 240 price. Then I saw Major Nelson tweet that it was on sale for 80 and grabbed it like crazy from my PC.

Sat down with it tonight to fiddle with it just for a bit and.... 3 hours later emerged back from it oblivious to the time that had passed. 3 hours gone, just like that.

Well then. Can't recommend Arcadecraft enough at 80 if you don't already own it. It's hardly perfect but it'll suck you riiiigghhtt on in.

I really enjoyed my time with Arcadecraft. It is pretty basic but for the price you cant beat it. Plus I find some sort of odd humor out of people on my friends list bashing the arcade cabinets and me having to kick them out.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#5950 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

I need a reason to start CC. So buzz me if you need an alternate for one of you 4.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5951 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

I want Poker Night 2...but generally as a rule I never buy anything that is not on sale...really torn about this.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5952 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Get the PC version then it's $5.

#5953 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Get the PC version then it's $5.

I have Borderlands 2 on the 360

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5954 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

TylerH, a couple of rarely-asked-for requests, the preceding link as well as CAG's own Xbox Rewards discussion thread added among the list of links in the second entry up there (not that many CAGs even know that the list exists) if you would, goodsir. (On a sidenote, we need a hat-tip emoticon). The Rewards discussion just makes sense especially since we link to the Rewards site itself, and in a list of links concerning XBLA it only makes sense to me to have a complete list hanging out among the rest of them.

Cool, I'll add them. I also added my non-sales game list, which people ask about from time to time.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5955 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

darn, had to go out. Tomorrow hopefully. I played a couple levels today, to try and level my orange knight up somewhat from complete novice, so hopefully I won't suck so much between all of you that seem to have maxed out the game every way you slice it;)

Yeah, I was gone tonight too. I'll be on tomorrow too. I've only maxed out a guy or 2, and I'd be down to start a new guy, so don't worry if you're not all leveled up. :p

#5956 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

I want Poker Night 2...but generally as a rule I never buy anything that is not on sale...really torn about this.

Wait at least a little while, game needs a patch big time. I've had a few freezes, tonight i had a tournament where I was kicking ass and now it won't let me get past the 'press a to deal next hand screen.' Pretty annoying...

#5957 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Wait at least a little while, game needs a patch big time. I've had a few freezes, tonight i had a tournament where I was kicking ass and now it won't let me get past the 'press a to deal next hand screen.' Pretty annoying...

Same thing happened to me today. I don't want to start a new tournament either because it'll count as a loss and I only had Sam and Ash to eliminate and had almost all of the chips. Shit's ridiculous that it's this broken.

#5958 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

I've played the game for a few hours and haven't had a single glitch at all... strange that it's happening to a few of you.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#5959 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Got Catan and I'm pretty posses that they didn't allow offline local multiplayer. I realize online restrictions as you could just feed a player, but come on I can't play 2 players on same Xbox offline?

I guess I should have done my research. But just figured me and the wife would have fun learning a new board game. Guess that's out the window

#5960 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I need a reason to start CC. So buzz me if you need an alternate for one of you 4.

Sounds good. We can all start new characters. Wait. You've never played it? Get on that! If I'm not on Poker Night 2, BBT or Borderlands 2 I'm open to playing whatever. Did you make a decision on what games you're buying to finish your punch card?

I've noticed some slowdowns while playing Poker Night 2 too. Telltale seems to disappoint again in that department. Luckily it's not as bad as in TWD.

#5961 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Picked up Catan. Worth a shot for $4

#5962 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Got Catan and I'm pretty posses that they didn't allow offline local multiplayer. I realize online restrictions as you could just feed a player, but come on I can't play 2 players on same Xbox offline? I guess I should have done my research. But just figured me and the wife would have fun learning a new board game. Guess that's out the window

You do realize that part of the gameplay involves keeping cards hidden from other players, and cashing them in, just like in Risk?
-

I feel only "slightly dirty" for suggesting this, but if you purchased any XBLA games from the "Sales & Specials+" app, but they currently show as "yet to be purchased" within your regular Xbox Marketplace, then why not pick them up to count towards the "4x400" or "3200 MSP" punches? Once you get your 1 month / 800 MSP reward back (maybe a few months from now), then email Xbox Support, and say you realized that a few games were double-purchased, and that you need to be reimbursed. Your results may vary, but it is one way to resolve the question of what to buy. :lol:

Edited by Cornelius, 28 April 2013 - 09:02 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5963 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

I feel only "slightly dirty" for suggesting this, but if you purchased any XBLA games from the "Sales & Specials+" app, but they currently show as "yet to be purchased" within your regular Xbox Marketplace, then why not pick them up to count towards the "4x400" or "3200 MSP" punches? Once you get your 1 month / 800 MSP reward back (maybe a few months from now), then email Xbox Support, and say you realized that a few games were double-purchased, and that you need to be reimbursed. Your results may vary, but it is one way to resolve the question of what to buy. :lol:

Is it really worth a headache of doing this for essentially a few dollars in points and the few bucks that a month of live is worth? My guess is that this won't work anyhow. Somehow it'll bite you in the butt. This is the same sort of logic where you buy something on a credit card to get airmiles but then return the item still hoping you will keep those airmiles. And it doesn't work like that (and if you Constanza it you'll wind up with non-refundable tickets anyhow). And anyways, for the amount of hassle it would take, just buy a cheap 400pt game. Maybe try Rotastic or something strange. Take a gamble. This is a chance to go outside your comfort zone and try a game you'd have never have thought to try. Life doesn't give you many chances like that. And to be honest, I think I'd rather play an hour of Amy than spend an hour on the phone with a Microsoft costumer service agent where I'd have to explain to him/her that I'm an idiot and bought a game I already own so that I can try to get a few dollars back as at least even with a shit game like Amy I'd gain a few cheevos.

Edited by skonson, 28 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#5964 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

The trade thread is going to be cluttered with 1-Month Golds and "exclusive" avatar items in a couple of weeks.

#5965 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

So I'd been mulling Arcadecraft at its normal 240 price. Then I saw Major Nelson tweet that it was on sale for 80 and grabbed it like crazy from my PC.

Sat down with it tonight to fiddle with it just for a bit and.... 3 hours later emerged back from it oblivious to the time that had passed. 3 hours gone, just like that.

Well then. Can't recommend Arcadecraft enough at 80 if you don't already own it. It's hardly perfect but it'll suck you riiiigghhtt on in.

Nice find! I was hesitant at 240 with my current backlog, but at 80 it's a no-brainer.

#5966 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Same thing happened to me today. I don't want to start a new tournament either because it'll count as a loss and I only had Sam and Ash to eliminate and had almost all of the chips. Shit's ridiculous that it's this broken.

Same here, froze up on me just a few hours ago. Glad I didn't impulse buy and just waited for an eventual sale.

My wife was there watching me play(she enjoys Tell Tale Games, sat through the whole Walking Dead series and loved it) and I told her that the freezing issue solidifies my decision to wait till a sale at half off. She then came back with, "why would you pay $5 for a buggy game? I personally, wouldn't pay more than $2 for a glitched game."......kinda made me wonder why as a gamer, I put up with so much crap from devs releasing a buggy game on Day One. I think it just reaffirms that I gotta exhibit patience and wait for all the patches to come in so the bugs can be worked out. THEN the devs are deserving of my money. I REALLY need to have this mentality going into the next gen if (as rumored), Microsoft is giving devs more control come the next generation

card.png

#5967 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think what Cornelius is trying to say is you should go to hell.

/loathes email and especially phone support

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5968 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I ended up getting Rock of Ages. Seems decent for $4. Its not as good as Kororinpa though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5969 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

i hope Monaco comes out this week, i need it real bad
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5970 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

The trade thread is going to be cluttered with 1-Month Golds and "exclusive" avatar items in a couple of weeks.

I don't think they'll give you a code for the extra month of gold, they'll just tack it on to your account. I know that's how they did it with me before. So the trade thread won't really notice anything. Though I'm assuming that the avatar will be a code and possibly the VIP exclusive (which is likely an avatar prop or something).