Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#571 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Only if your playing it for the story. And, well with RPGs story usually isn't very important...

It's also the best game in the series.

1>>2>3

Story isn't important in an RPG? Are you high?
Posted Image

#572 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Story isn't important in an RPG? Are you high?

Your sarcasm detector needs to be re calibrated. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#573 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

It took me a while to realize this, but I have an aversion towards a lot of things sci-fi. I really don't know why, but if you take the exact same game and change the settings to sci-fi, most of the time it loses its appeal to me. For example, I love Civ and I don't care for Alpha Centauri. I enjoyed the first two DeathSpank games and I can't bring myself to even start the third one. I look forward to playing Dragon Age and KOA, but the thought of starting Mass Effect or Deus Ex makes me want to load up a puzzle game instead. Yeah I know it's weird, and I have no idea why I do this. I guess I can relate more to things that are based in reality (ie a sword instead of a photon rifle).

Being the silly person I am though, I buy everything including sci-fi stuff. So I keep convincing myself that at some point I will play all these titles I am hoarding. The tough part is putting the disc in the drive, starting the game, then coming back to it when I finish for the day or take a break.

So yeah, this will be a chore and not just because it's a time consuming task. ;)

I'm the same way for the most part. So far Halo and Mass Effect are the only two things that are sci-fi that I can get into. I've never even watched a single Star Wars or Matrix movie just because of this. I'd much rather have fantasy then sci-fi any day.

#574 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

If it weren't for the characters/story, I probably would not have beaten ME1. It's a technical mess with bad framerate, screen tearing, lots of freezing during autosaves, and bad UE3 texture pop-in that made me wish that MS didn't rush that game out.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#575 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

can anyone tell me if the bf3 shortcuts are worth buying..what do you get with them anyway...also ive been waiting for preminum to go down but 40 is too much

#576 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

can anyone tell me if the bf3 shortcuts are worth buying..what do you get with them anyway...also ive been waiting for preminum to go down but 40 is too much

It just unlocks all of the weapons, gear, and such so you don't have to play the multiplayer to do so.

#577 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Only 20% off of mega man. I'll continue to wait.

Agreed. My backlog of games will keep me occupied for another 12 months while Capcom looks up the definition of "sale". ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#578 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

I've been waiting for Mega Man 9 to go on sale ever since I bought Mega Man 10 on sale for 50% off two Easters ago. PS+ gave us both for free, great, but I already own Mega Man 10 for 360, and I like achievements, so my OCD tells me to get Mega Man 9 for 360 instead, if it ever goes on sale. It finally does, and it's only 20% off? Rrrrrreaaaaallllyyyy? After so long? And after PS+ owners just got it for free? I mean... REALLY? Nevermind, I'll tell my OCD to take a long walk off a short dock and go play them on PS3 instead. I guess that's a sign of someone telling me I'm stupid for wanting to give one company money for a game I already own on a competitor's console.

Slight exaggeration on the word "own" but still, pretty damn close.

76561197977061647.png

#579 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm the same way for the most part. So far Halo and Mass Effect are the only two things that are sci-fi that I can get into. I've never even watched a single Star Wars or Matrix movie just because of this. I'd much rather have fantasy then sci-fi any day.

I can't even get into Halo or Mass Effect, and I really want to get into those games. The only sci-fi I like are the recent Star Trek movie and anything with robots. (Binary Domain - robots that are so advanced that they look human and don't even know that they're not human? I jizzed in my pants.)

#580 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I can't even get into Halo or Mass Effect, and I really want to get into those games. The only sci-fi I like are the recent Star Trek movie and anything with robots. (Binary Domain - robots that are so advanced that they look human and don't even know that they're not human? I jizzed in my pants.)

You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.

#581 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.

You have a family of mice in your pocket? Or is that the voices in your head? ;)

#582 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Just got SSX for 600 on hungarian marketplace

are there any differences between the hungarian and american versions of SSX?

like different songs or anything like that?

#583 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm disappointed that Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning isn't on sale for $10 with its DLC. I would've jumped on that unlike their other deals.

#584 ivegotalobon

ivegotalobon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

are there any differences between the hungarian and american versions of SSX?

like different songs or anything like that?

not that i can tell

ivegotalobon.jpg

#585 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I just imagined you and Barry Burton - Barry Burton being the girl in your avatar pic - having that convo in person and you responding without even looking up.

#586 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Haha, Capcom won't even try to build up some good faith by giving me those dlc chars for 50% off to go along with the 2013 update. They have made it too easy to avoid at 20 bucks and now 15.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#587 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I am starting to waver on buying DA2 DLC. I have yet to play DA:O from my back log and it is $17 for all the DLC for DA2. Essentially it is about $10 with my cost on points but even 1360 points is a lot to spend on a game I may not play this year. The only thing I worry about is EA does not put the stuff on Sale much and with the new systems coming I wonder what happens to a lot this DLC.

#588 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Interestingly enough, one could make the argument that Star Wars is more fantasy than science fiction given the setting (ancient past), the lack of any viable scientific basis for the technology presented, and a protracted emphasis on magical abilities, fate, etc. I would argue Star Wars has more in common with ancient mythology and is more closely related to the works of Tolkien than Bradbury, Ellison, etc.

#589 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I was hoping to find a deal on Autovista Car pack in order to augment my Forza 4 Essentials Edition that I got with my Black Friday Xbox 360 bundle, but what I really want is a big sale on the Forza Horizon Season Pass. I find it ironic that the Forza Horizon Season Pass has always stayed at that ridiculous 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99) price, while the game itself has been as low as $10 on Black Friday (and this price was from Microsoft's own stores, of all places).
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#590 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'll never understand why people love Blade Runner. It was a terrible film with no story that went nowhere. Awful.

#591 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Picked up Deathspank 1 & 2, Shank 1 & 2, and all of the DA2 DLC.

Was very pleasantly suprised when I logged on and saw this sale today. Should sate my appetite for a while.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#592 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'll never understand why people love Blade Runner. It was a terrible film with no story that went nowhere. Awful.

I thought that the first time I watched it too. It was so boring and the story went nowhere.

For some reason, I gave it another chance years later. On the second viewing I realized what a fucking masterpiece it is. Now it's one of my favorites.

#593 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

I wish the rest of the ME3 DLC was on sale.

#594 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

yay shank 2. finally.

#595 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I was hoping to find a deal on Autovista Car pack in order to augment my Forza 4 Essentials Edition that I got with my Black Friday Xbox 360 bundle, but what I really want is a big sale on the Forza Horizon Season Pass. I find it ironic that the Forza Horizon Season Pass has always stayed at that ridiculous 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99) price, while the game itself has been as low as $10 on Black Friday (and this price was from Microsoft's own stores, of all places).

Forza Horizon was actually $15 but yeah :P I would never buy the season pass for that much.

#596 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Already have Deathspank 1 & 2. Don't want to bite on Megaman until they're 50% off. My backlog will have to satisfy me 'till then.
Posted Image

#597 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I thought that the first time I watched it too. It was so boring and the story went nowhere.

For some reason, I gave it another chance years later. On the second viewing I realized what a fucking masterpiece it is. Now it's one of my favorites.

Really? I don't think I could sit through it again. Watched it when I was a kid and then again just last year and I still thought it was terrible. I even watched the extended director's cut to see if I was missing something but I still didn't get it. To each his own I suppose.

I kind of went the opposite way with my opinion on it. I liked it as a kid, now I think it's terrible.

#598 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I am starting to waver on buying DA2 DLC. I have yet to play DA:O from my back log and it is $17 for all the DLC for DA2. Essentially it is about $10 with my cost on points but even 1360 points is a lot to spend on a game I may not play this year. The only thing I worry about is EA does not put the stuff on Sale much and with the new systems coming I wonder what happens to a lot this DLC.

I'm also on the fence. I doubt I'll get around to playing Dragon Age II until late 2013 / early 2014. I don't want to buy at 33% off if there's a fair possibility of a better sale within the next 12 months.

Any of you sci-fi or fantasy fans have a means of predicting the future?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#599 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

FINALLY

I've been waiting for so long on a deal for Deathspank 2. I grabbed The Baconing on sale a while back after LOVING the original Deathspank, but I'm one of those people who wants to play the series (even if it's a loose one, they seem to be connected in some way) in order.

Now I just need to get the points!

:D

#600 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Will EA ever release an ultimate edition DA2?!?! I keep putting off these DA2 sales.

Anyways, thinking about the Shank games, but not sure. I have so many stuff from the New Year's sale.