Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#6151 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ooga, when you are done with that you should join cleaner7 and I for Castle Crashers. We need another player, if only so I don't bore cleaner to death;)

My time is sorta limited because of my slave-driver of a boss (a 2 year-old). He likes to sit in my lap and press the buttons. We can probably do it over the weekend or late in the evening. Since both of you are on my friend list you'll know when I'm on :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6152 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

So it looks like star wars pinball fx2 went on 50%. That wasn't listed....
Time to buy the rest of my arcade games quick before the promo ends.

Just be aware that the Star Wars Pinball does not count towards any of the promos for the punchcards as it is considered DLC. So if you are hoping for it to count towards the 4 purchases of 400pts or the 3200pts overall you're shit out of luck sadly.

By the way, I hope when May 21st comes along that Microsoft will inform us that they are not actually ever coming out with a new console but have instead hooked up with Lego to offer us this, the future of videogaming my friends:

My only problem is I'd need one that rivals the Burj Khalifa for height considering my backlog.

#6153 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

well now I'm wondering if I should wait a few days to see if there is a May punchcard before buying pac man (and maybe Scott Pilgrim). Does anyone have any thoughts on if there is, if it would be up before this ends? I can't remember how far into april it took to get the punchards.
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#6154 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Anyone know if they ever patched Dungeons & Dragon Daggerdale to fix all the glaring bugs? Seems that was the main complaint about the game, besides it's relatively short length.

when I played it a week or two ago, it was still really bad. No real game breaking bugs, but a huge lack of polish, near PS2 level graphics, annoying level design, a so far completely forgettable story with laughable voice acting (ie. there is nearly none, almost everything is done with Lego like grunts), and really bad animations. Also there is almost no one playing online, and almost everyone I played with either got disconnected or rage quit. The game is really hard single player, so be prepared for a lot of tedious replaying of quests.

If it isn't completely obvious, I do not recommend this game to anyone. Seriously, it's not good:cry:

#6155 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

well now I'm wondering if I should wait a few days to see if there is a May punchcard before buying pac man (and maybe Scott Pilgrim). Does anyone have any thoughts on if there is, if it would be up before this ends? I can't remember how far into april it took to get the punchards.

I definitely wouldn't make any purchases in April as you might find out that there is a decent promotion for May going on. The promotion for May was from the 1st until the 30th. Can't recall when it actually was introduced but it encompassed the whole of April. I would assume that the next promotion would do the same. So if I was anyone here I would just wait until tomorrow to make purchases just in case there is a promotion for May. The only thing that is not advertised and on sale (or perhaps price dropped) is the Star Wars Pinball DLC for Pinball FX 2. Once again i'm sure that'll stick around for another day. Hold off all purchases till the 1st people.

And MrNinjaSquirrel, I'm up for Castle Crashers if you need a fourth. I'm on your friends list. Will send you a msg in a few min to invite me next time you're online and in need of another player.

#6156 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I definitely wouldn't make any purchases in April as you might find out that there is a decent promotion for May going on. The promotion for May was from the 1st until the 30th. Can't recall when it actually was introduced but it encompassed the whole of April. I would assume that the next promotion would do the same. So if I was anyone here I would just wait until tomorrow to make purchases just in case there is a promotion for May. The only thing that is not advertised and on sale (or perhaps price dropped) is the Star Wars Pinball DLC for Pinball FX 2. Once again i'm sure that'll stick around for another day. Hold off all purchases till the 1st people.

And MrNinjaSquirrel, I'm up for Castle Crashers if you need a fourth. I'm on your friends list. Will send you a msg in a few min to invite me next time you're online and in need of another player.

Alright then, I suppose I can wait another day at least. Hopefully there is something equally good for may, though I do hope they switch it up. I'd like a DLC card like everyone else, and could do without the 20 hours of playtime one.

And sure thing, though you should really send it to cleaner7, as she generally hosts the matches (provided she isn't to annoyed with me already[I'm really bad]). Sorry to say I don't remember your gamertag though, as it's not listed on here:cry:

#6157 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

picked up From Dust, thanks OP

#6158 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Anyone know if they ever patched Dungeons & Dragon Daggerdale to fix all the glaring bugs? Seems that was the main complaint about the game, besides it's relatively short length.

They had at least a 1.1 patch that, according to them took care of 80 bugs... I don't own it, so I cannot give any first hand accounts.

It was patched back in November of 2011 about 6 months after release as it took awhile for Microsoft to certify the patch. And it actually fixed a lot of the issues from what I heard - about 80 bugs. The problem was that with the patch you had to re-download the whole game again to actually make it work (it was a weird thing). So it was unclear if people who installed the patch actually did that or not and hence might explain why there were still some issues with certain people's games post patch. But I hear the game is now playable. I know that one of the main issues was a skill loss issue that was completely resolved.

Here is the official word from the Facebook site:

"For XBLA, the initial update that was submitted to Microsoft was rejected due to the size. This new update will essentially delete the original game and replace it with a fully new version rather than stack on a large patch to the game. We've fixed over 80 bugs raised between the forums and additional time in QA. Currently, the update has been submitted to Microsoft and the EARLIEST it can go live is late October."

Though do note that a lot of people actually got this free through setting up an Indian account a few months back where they were giving Daggerdale away free on the Indian marketplace. So if you were one of those people just be aware so you don't buy something you already own on another account.

But as MrNinjaSquirrel said the game even without bugs is still pretty weak sauce. Unless you're a huge D&D fan you can probably skip it, especially at 600pts and you could certainly do much better spending that much on better quality games like Scott Pilgrim.

#6159 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

The only thing that is not advertised and on sale (or perhaps price dropped) is the Star Wars Pinball DLC for Pinball FX 2. Once again i'm sure that'll stick around for another day. Hold off all purchases till the 1st people.

That's not a price drop. And a sale 2 months after release when other collections for Pinball FX2 have seen no sale...? I sort of doubt that too.

If you're a Pinball Fx2 fan I would suggest getting it now as it likely happened in error.

#6160 scottyd88

scottyd88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Bought Castlevania SOTN for 320. One of my favorite games. It was either that, Scott Pilgrim, or XMEN. I have great memories of playing XMEN at the arcade but I was disappointed after playing the Simpsons Xbox Arcade game.

#6161 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Here's mine:

Guardian Heroes - 400
Retro City Rampage - 600
Swarm - 200
Quarrel - 200
Mercury HG - 200
I am Alive - 480
Black Knight Sword - 400
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 - 200
Quantum Conundrum - 480
Adventures of Shuggy - 400

Total=3560MSP

Due to the silly pricing I wound up 80 pts short of the 3200 mark and ended up buying Adventures of Shuggy, mostly due to the fact that it's like 80mb and you know what just played 2 hours of it and it's awesome so thanks to whomever it was that recommended it. It was a tough call between that and Aces of the Galaxy, which I find looks bloody amazing for a game that's just 50mb. It also has a sort of level choice like Starfox that I appreciated but I got the sense that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Shuggy - still it's on my radar next time there is a sale like this. Can I for the record say that Shuggy is worth it for the music played in the boiler room areas alone - I love that sort of western music, it's awesome.

The only surprise for me is that I didn't buy Amy. I was so close so many times. I'm curious just how bad a game it is post-update.

Here's hoping there's some good sales in the next month to spend our 800pts on. Nothing for me this coming week. Been thinking about NBA Jam but I might hold off on that.

X-Men is enjoyable, but I think most of us picked it up for 200pts a few Xmas' back which is probably what price it belongs at. Hopefully the sale means that there will be plenty of people back online as I need to pick up an achievement for beating the game with 6 players.

I have some nostalgia for the Simpsons game, but I'm waiting for it to hit even lower at this point.

I grabbed Scott Pilgrim years ago but it's a good purchase for those who like a beat-em up and the comic book franchise. If you don't have that for 320pts it's a steal and you might have 320pts lying around now after all these sales for games at 480pts price point.

Same with Castlevania - though I own if off the disc.

Shuggy is awesome. You made the right call!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6162 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

That's not a price drop. And a sale 2 months after release when other collections for Pinball FX2 have seen no sale...? I sort of doubt that too.

If you're a Pinball Fx2 fan I would suggest getting it now as it likely happened in error.

It's almost certainly part of the "May the 4th" sale that they're doing. The Android and iTunes versions are both half off as well, and the sale goes from April 30 to May 8 on there:

https://play.google....rsPinball&hl=en

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6163 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm updating the OP.

All done, I didn't realize someone had already linked of this weeks deals ahead of time. Nice job.

Also, just noticed that the Kinect Central Angry Birds deal is gold-only, for whatever reason.

Edited by tylerh1701, 30 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#6164 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

My totals:

Frogger - 400
Poker Night 2 - 800
Tecmo Bowl Throwback - 800
From Dust - 480
Scott Pilgrim - 320
Shuggy - 400

Total = 3200 on the nose, and with 1220 to spare for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon tomorrow. And then I'm done buying XBLA games forever (yeah, right).

mwb1138.gif

#6165 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

So far Blood Dragon is well received.

Destructoid 7/10
Polygon 8/10
IGN 8/10
Joystiq 9/10
Gameinformer 8.5/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Posted Image

#6166 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

My haul

Battleblock Theater
Poker Night 2
Mega Man 10
Nin2-Jump (It looked like a charming enough little platformer)
Castlevania: SotN (I've never played it, so it's time!)

And I went to a pawn shop this morning and found the Plants vs Zombies disc on sale for $8, so bought it, rushed home, and snagged the Nights DLC for Peggle.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#6167 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

So far Blood Dragon is well received.

Destructoid 7/10
Polygon 8/10
IGN 8/10
Joystiq 9/10
Gameinformer 8.5/10
Eurogamer 9/10

Yup, definitely getting it tomorrow. Thanks for the scores.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#6168 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can't wait for Blood Dragon tomorrow!

For the Punchcards, picked up:

Battleblock Theater
Poker Night 2
I Am Alive
Hell Yeah
Scott Pilgrim

card.png
453976.png

#6169 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

BestBuy had the disc version for that price a couple of weeks ago. To me it seems like a $10 game.

I wonder if it is region free?? Then it might be a ten dollar game...

#6170 Polerand

Polerand

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

On Twitter, @PlayXBLA stated the Star Wars tables will be on sale until May 6th. No point rushing.

Edited by Polerand, 30 April 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#6171 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I can still fill out my card for April as long as I do it by 4pm pst right? Been debating buying kingdom for Keflings and Galaga legions dx. Think getting those two for effectively 800 is worth it?

Already have bought: quantum conundrum, poker night 2, dungeon defenders.

#6172 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Sorry for the triple post, but I'm updating the OP.

All done, I didn't realize someone had already linked of this weeks deals ahead of time. Nice job.

Also, just noticed that the Kinect Central Angry Birds deal is gold-only, for whatever reason.

Heh heh ... did that last week so folks could start planning their April 30th purchases. :)

BTW, as of 11:15a PDT, "Angry Birds" reflects an "open to everyone" price of $19.99 on Xbox Marketplace, so I've now edited that 1 item accordingly.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#6173 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I really hope theres a DLC themed punchcard this month. I easily have well over 3200 worth of DLC I want just waiting on a reason to push me over the edge. I'm about dried up on games. Nothing else I really want that I don't have.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#6174 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I can still fill out my card for April as long as I do it by 4pm pst right? Been debating buying kingdom for Keflings and Galaga legions dx. Think getting those two for effectively 800 is worth it?

Already have bought: quantum conundrum, poker night 2, dungeon defenders.

I think the deadline was 4pm GMT which would have been about 9am pacific. That being said go for Galaga Legions DX. Keflings has been on sale before and will again whereas Galaga has yet to go on sale on XBLA. It was towards the top of my full-price buy list as well but I went with Triggerheart Exelica instead since I'm still holding out hope Galaga will eventually see a sale.

#6175 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ah we'll if I missed it its not a big deal. 2 of the 3 games were on sale anyway and I just wanted to pick up poker night regardless.

#6176 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

sweet, glad I waited for the D&D game. Star Wars pinball? Yes please! Debating SOTN since I have the original game.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#6177 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I wonder if it is region free?? Then it might be a ten dollar game...

Thanks for the heads up. I keep forgetting to check. Someone said that it is region free. For 600 MSP I'll pick it up. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6178 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks! Got Galahga legions and kingdom for Keflings to round out the last two cards. Hope the 4-5pm pst part was right.

#6179 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

So despite all the crap some people have slung around about it, I picked up Tony Hawk HD. Totally worth it. Don't know what everyone's complaint is. I'm going to be sinking hours and hours into it easily, even though it's all retreads. I was going to immediately get the Revert pack too but I think I'll wait, because there's plenty of gaming time in the base as is, and maybe I'll get lucky w/ a sale on the expansion later since XBL loves them some sales on DLC and expansions.

I could maayybbee see some complaints at the full price, but not at the sale price. My only real complaint is that I always thought Warehouse kinda' sucked and it's the 1st level. Other than that, loving it. If you still need to spend some points you could do way, way worse than Tony Hawk HD.

#6180 naughtynuggetz

naughtynuggetz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

So despite all the crap some people have slung around about it, I picked up Tony Hawk HD. Totally worth it. Don't know what everyone's complaint is. I'm going to be sinking hours and hours into it easily, even though it's all retreads. I was going to immediately get the Revert pack too but I think I'll wait, because there's plenty of gaming time in the base as is, and maybe I'll get lucky w/ a sale on the expansion later since XBL loves them some sales on DLC and expansions.

I could maayybbee see some complaints at the full price, but not at the sale price. My only real complaint is that I always thought Warehouse kinda' sucked and it's the 1st level. Other than that, loving it. If you still need to spend some points you could do way, way worse than Tony Hawk HD.

Completely agree, I bought this for the last punch I needed and am having a real blast with it. I'm not sure I'd purchase it at 1200 points, but at 600 you really can't go wrong. Also contemplated the DLC, but decided I'll wait for a sale or at least until I grow bored of the base game. Game doesn't deserve as much hate as it seems to get..not perfect, but still lots of fun.