Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#991 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Junpei, Black Tiger is included WITH the demo. It is supposed to be the free game that everyone gets.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#992 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Seriously? You must not pay attention to the deals ever then. Half of the sales are probably worse than this weeks. Sure it's nothing really great but there are tons of worse weeks.

Yeah, I mean there's nothing for me, but this is a weird week to hear a lot of complaints about. At least it's not Red Dead Redemption DLC for the 49th time.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#993 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Interesting that they'd announce they're going to release an all-in-one pack before they start releasing any of the games. It's honest I guess, but it also seems like it will cannibalize sales of the single games and 3-packs. It's like announcing plans for a GOTY version of a game before ever actually releasing the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#994 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Junpei, Black Tiger is included WITH the demo. It is supposed to be the free game that everyone gets.

True enough, but it will effectively be limited, according to the press: http://www.joystiq.c...on-february-19/

players on XBLA will have one credit to play with before restarting

It is listed under Game Pack 1 titles, after all... said pack costs 400 MSP, so I guess you'll need to buy the pack to unlock all extras tied to Black Tiger and remove the 1 credit thing. Anyway, it surely isn't the strangest thing written on that list... :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#995 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Capcom blogged about the game here with all the info.

Also, the JPN trailer revealed the 2 bonus games for downloading the rest of them are
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#996 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't think I can wait until May for everything. I'm so weak and have a near limitless supply of MS poinst that I'm just buying the packs as they become available.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#997 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Also, the JPN trailer revealed the 2 bonus games for downloading the rest of them are

Spoiler

I must admit, I held onto a tiny speck of hope for one of the bonus games to be Willow, but I guess licensed titles are out of question... :cry:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#998 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

True enough, but it will effectively be limited, according to the press: http://www.joystiq.c...on-february-19/

That's a downer. I'll buy the whole set anyway, but shame on them for not following through on the original promise.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#999 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Man I may not be able to hold out for a sale on those. I might bite day 1 on the complete collection download. Hmm...

#1000 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Capcom blogged about the game here with all the info.

Spoiler

Seeing the two bonus games makes me happy. Eight shmups for $25...I need to still that picture of the "face of a pleased man".

Not familiar with Side Arms or Exed Exes though, so that could be interesting.

One thing I'm wondering though. Have there been any indication where they may do future game packs? If so, I'd love to get my hands on Forgotten Worlds.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1001 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

So Skulls of the Shogun is really good, but it seems like it bombed. There's only 5500 people on the leaderboards and never any realtime multiplayer games available. The asynchronous mp is a crapshoot if the other player ever responds and even then it's inconvenient playing via Xbox. Any cags want to play some multiplayer or boost some of the mp cheevos? That epic win one seems unlikely to occur naturally.

#1002 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

How long does anyone think it'll be before the Dark Souls dlc goes on sale?

#1003 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

The gamer in me is excited at some of the games in that line-up, good stuff! The cheap-ass in me says HELL NO.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#1004 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Interesting that they'd announce they're going to release an all-in-one pack before they start releasing any of the games. It's honest I guess, but it also seems like it will cannibalize sales of the single games and 3-packs. It's like announcing plans for a GOTY version of a game before ever actually releasing the game.

With this Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I think of it more like a bundle discount with the option of a la carte pricing for those who don't want to drop $30 to buy the whole set. The value is obviously in the bundle...unless someone wants nothing more than to hack away at Ghosts and Goblins for the rest of their days, in which case the 4 bucks seems like the better play.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1005 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

the remake of Yar's Revenge has literally NOTHING to do with the original's gameplay. they have the same name, that's about it.

Haven't played it, but seems like a missed opportunity to pay some kind of homage. Have a boss surrounded by a psychedelic force field, have him rev up and shoot a rainbow at you-bam, nod to the original.

#1006 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

An improved version of the delisted Yugioh game is coming to XBLA/PSN next week for $10. If you bought the last one, then you get this one free.

http://konami.com/article/KONAMI_ANNOUNCES_YU-GI-OH!_5D'S_DECADE_DUELS_PLUS_FOR/283

#1007 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hey all ... if you're in the Pacific NW of the USA, Fred Meyer is repeating their "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupon they had last Sunday, only it's just for the Electronics dept. This means the 12-month XBL subscription card currently on sale for $39.99 will be $31.99 when doubling up sale+coupon, and 1600 / 4000 MSP cards will be $15.99 / $39.99 with the (effectively) 20% off coupon. See my post over in the XBL subscription & points thread for more info.

Oh, and they also say in the ad flyer that all 360 games will be on sale for the next 2 days, and RE6 & MoH:WF are both 50% off as well. No idea if that makes them "good deals", but just something to check out if you're already there for subscription or point cards. :)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1008 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have a feeling the 1/2 off MoH/RE 6 are just a way to hide those titles had their MSRP drop to $30 from $60.

#1009 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have a feeling the 1/2 off MoH/RE 6 are just a way to hide those titles had their MSRP drop to $30 from $60.

i was at fred meyer today and the sale is 50% off the new msrp. $14.99 each.

#1010 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

So Skulls of the Shogun is really good, but it seems like it bombed.

I highly enjoyed the demo; preview pics don't do the game justice by any stretch. The biggest problem I see is that it feels more like a 400-point game a-la Quarrel. 1200 is way too much to ask for a turn-based game like this.

Same goes for The Cave. 800 should be the limit unless it's close to worthy of a disc release.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#1011 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

so any word on what was a price drop and what is a sale?

#1012 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

so any word on what was a price drop and what is a sale?

Not concrete, but several of the D3 Publisher games also went down in price on PSN and are listed as "Price Drops". Similarly, the Alien Breed games are also on sale on PSN listed as "Sales". So you can probably make fair judgements that the same thing is happening here, i.e. the D3 Publisher content is a price drop and the Team17 content is a sale.

As for Atari, I think it's fair to assume that these are temporary sales, and that this content may even disappear fairly soon.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1013 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Has anyone tried Arcadecraft? I tried the demo of it earlier and it seemed really neat so I think I will have to pick it up. Was neat seeing some CAGs come into my arcade. I had to kick Brother Daz's avatar out because he was abusing a machine.

Edited by LordVila, 10 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

TheVila.png

#1014 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Any opinions on Alan Wake's American Nightmare? I really liked Alan Wake, but I heard that this one is a shift in tone.

#1015 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

Any opinions on Alan Wake's American Nightmare? I really liked Alan Wake, but I heard that this one is a shift in tone.

I enjoyed it, to me it was more "action" focused. But I adore Alan Wake so more is better.
Posted Image

#1016 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

The tone is lighter and the writing is not as focused, but it is definitely worth playing if you liked the original AW. The action is a lot tighter too.

#1017 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Has anyone tried Arcadecraft? I tried the demo of it earlier and it seemed really neat so I think I will have to pick it up. Was neat seeing some CAGs come into my arcade. I had to kick Brother Daz's avatar out because he was abusing a machine.

That is cool. Saw it on the dash thinking it was an xbla. Never bought an indie game from Xbox. I'll check out the demo.

To reinforce what others are saying, if you liked Alan wake but felt it kinda slow-you'll like American nightmare. If you haven't played Alan wake but have a mild interest, this is also a good sample.

#1018 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Haha that's hilarious. Fucking Brother Daz!

Edited by shrike4242, 11 February 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1019 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'll weigh in on Avatar Football though. I played it and thought it was severly lacking. The money you spend on it could be better spent picking up All Pro Football or an older Madden game if you have a jonesing to play football.

TheVila.png

#1020 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

PUZZLE QUEST DLC - for those that bought this, its a bit glitched. if you quick launch the game the expansion pack might not show up (as can be seen from the pause menu). You have to quit to dashboard, then find it in your game library and launch again. I searched the net for answers forever before finding this out.

It also took me forever to learn that to START the dlc, you must travel to Gallia and pick up the starting quest, and you need to be lvl 20 at least. the starting quest is something about goblins, traveling to goblin mountain or somthing. that info should really be on a pop up or something when you start, dlc that loads with no indication on how to access it is one of my gaming pet peeves.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 February 2013 - 04:47 AM.