Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#1381 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Limbo worth $6.00?

I want to share my opinions as well.
Limbo's controls were weird to me. Things felt floaty and sluggish to me. It was never a problem though and I was able to adapt.
Where Limbo really shined for me was in the story. The title screen and first part of the game gives off a definite David Lynch feel and it doesn't dissappoint in the end. Very similar themes as his most recent films. Like a macabre version of Ambrose Bierce's “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.”
For this reason, I say Limbo would almost be worth the price just to watch someone play through. Actually, I just remembered I had a friend who doesn't play games watch a video of a perfect playthrough for the story alone. If you're interested in the above themes, Limbo is worth checking out.

#1382 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

After playing the trials I decided to pick up almost everything I didn't already have (except for zombie wranglers). I bought Zombie Driver HD after being pleasantly surprised by the demo, as well as the Zombie Apocalypse 2 DLC and All Zombies Must Die. Still debating on getting N+ or not.

#1383 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

So did they remove Dragonborn from the new deal of the week?

Major Nelson retracted it from his blog. Take what you will from that. I think it will be on sale, because it makes me :bouncy:.

#1384 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

So I stockpiled on all the zombie games and DLC I didn't already have - NEVER DIE ALONE's Pure Pwnage, Zombie Driver, All Zombies Must Die, and even Zombie Wranglers. I haven't even touched NEVER DIE ALONE despite having it for several months, but I played a little bit of the rest and have to say they'd all be much better games if the devs had bothered fine-tuning controls. They are all acceptable for the price points given, but if I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Zombie Driver. Plenty of zombies to slaughter + 400 GS = good stuff.

Edited out unnecessary snark.

Edited by dark_inchworm, 22 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1385 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I didn't even know there was a game called Non-Disclosure Agreement, much less DLC for it.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1386 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

They're all probably price drops. Galactrix had a permanent price drop on PSN as well, and they are all published by the same company, so more than likely they're all price drops.

That's why I threw them into the "unannounced price drops" section, instead of a confirmed sale, or as confirmed by MS. We already knew about Atari & some of the miscellaneous items (since they're shown on the 360's dashboard as "price drops"), but the D3 publisher titles were conjecture based on PSN's pricing.

In other news, my F5 key is broken, due to refreshing the Skyrim addons page tonight ... :lol:
http://marketplace.x...eAddon#LiveZone

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1387 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

the deal of week prices are up.
In Australia Oblivion is $9.99, probably something similar in America.
Australia gets ripped off with skyrim price.
Skyrim is $49.99, was $109.95 (Cant believe that prices are that high.)
Americas price is $39.99 was $59.99. (still high)
And dlc still same price

#1388 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

So it's true, no DLC discounts for Skyram then... can we expect something from the S&S+ app, or do its offers stay the same for 2 weeks? Is there a rule for this? I can't remember...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1389 ShadowMillions

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

I know everyone is talking about whether or not Dragonborn will be on sale (I too, hope it will be $10), but for anyone interested in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, the US demo is out. Masked Man vs Minato and the boss fight of the Nine-Tails vs Third Hokage. 2 GBs for a demo, but heard the graphics have improved.
http://marketplace.x...15-d8024e4d885f
:newbie:
Join SwagBucks! Earn up to $25 Amazon credit a month! http://www.swagbucks.../ShadowMillions

#1390 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

sales and specials app looks to have refreshed:

Losing offers are...

400 MSP off Lucidity
600 MSP off Trine 2

#1391 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Losing offers are...

400 MSP off Lucidity
600 MSP off Trine 2

Again, they are better than actual DoTW! In for Lucidity. :)

#1392 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

hmm havent heard of lucidity before anybody have an opinion?

#1393 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Destructoid bashed it pretty badly, and I usually find their reviews spot-on... nevertheless, I gave the demo a spin, and Brad was right: the game plays like a sloooooooow version of Lemmings, in which you have to place objects on the main character's way in order for her to overcome obstacles and enemies.
Problem is, objects are completely random and you're often left placing them furiously on screen waiting for the correct one to show up or, worse, having to plan a completely different route for Sofi because you didn't get the objects you want.
In short, a waste of a wonderful art style and interesting ideas. Don't bother.
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1394 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Two Worlds II's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress dropped from $30, to $5 according to xbldb.com.

Seems like a good deal for a pretty well-received game.

#1395 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

With sales and specials app shouldn't there be a 3rd game for the loser deals?

#1396 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Gonna grab the Two Worlds II Pirate DLC
Posted Image

#1397 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Two Worlds II's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress dropped from $30, to $5 according to xbldb.com.

Seems like a good deal for a pretty well-received game.

OMFG YES YES

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1398 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Losing offers are...

400 MSP off Lucidity
600 MSP off Trine 2

I remember I didn't much care for the Lucidity demo. I think I might pick it up for 160-200 MSP, but 400 seems to be a little bit much for it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1399 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Gonna grab the Two Worlds II Pirate DLC

Well I guess I am going to be forced to buy DLC for a game in my collection I may never play only because I would hate to miss this sale. :drool:

#1400 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Whoa, they already changed the prices on last week's zombie deals. I know they still say 400 MSPs, but you'll need 800 to actually buy them. I was debating picking up Zombie Apocalypse and finally decided to do so this morning. Too late. Oh well. One less game I'm never going to play. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1401 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Well I guess I am going to be forced to buy DLC for a game in my collection I may never play only because I would hate to miss this sale. :drool:

I got 1000 points on TW2, so I'm in for buying the expansion to finish it off. :)
Posted Image

#1402 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I got 1000 points on TW2, so I'm in for buying the expansion to finish it off. :)

Then you'll need the multiplayer add on as well.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1403 polo14player

polo14player

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for all the replies on limbo.. I ended up passing on it for now... Did end up buying spelunky.... Oh boy... One play through and the frustration has already begun lol

#1404 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Then you'll need the multiplayer add on as well.

Ooops, I didnt know that. Guess it wont be a completed game then.
Posted Image

#1405 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I was so excited to get the new Skyrim DLC, but of course they take it off the list right before the sale goes live... Microsoft really sucks sometimes

#1406 polo14player

polo14player

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Damn it!!! Was hoping for the horse armor DLC to be on sale!!! FML!

#1407 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Cane somebody explain, why the two Two Worlds II DLC were this expensive in the first place? Does it add that much content?

On another note just was wishing for a sale price on lucidity last week and bam it happened so i will finally get the game =)

#1408 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Two Worlds II's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress dropped from $30, to $5 according to xbldb.com. Seems like a good deal for a pretty well-received game.

You guys never bought the Velvet GOTY Edition, which included both on the same disc, when it was $24.99 on Amazon (after discount code) exactly 367 days ago? Tisk tisk ...

Doing a quick refresh on the OP now, if nobody else is in there ... All done, have at it!

Edited by Cornelius, 19 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1409 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

^Thanks Cornelius, looks great. I updated the title. When a price drop on Two Worlds II DLC makes the title, you know it's a poor week of deals.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1410 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Crappy sales week = Backlog monster doesn't get fed

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken