Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#181 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Depending on what you count as a free game, maybe 1 vs. 100 and Karaoke.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#182 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I wouldn't count 1 vs. 100 since you couldn't own it. It only existed as long as Microsoft allowed it to run.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#183 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

The short answer is no.

We get comments like this a lot ("wasn't this game free?"); I'm beginning to wonder if there is some joke I'm just not in on o_O

While I'm at it, games that have been free at some point: Texas Hold 'Em, Undertow, Totemball, Carcassonne, Yaris, the three Doritos games (Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Crash Course), Haunt, Wreckateer, Walking Dead Ep 1. I don't think I'm forgetting anything? Other than games that have been free in non-U.S. regions such as Daggerdale.

Mixed it up with underTOW my bad..but there were other free games Fable 2 and WCR were free for a short time period (at least got WCR GoD for free around year ago since they made a mistake...) there was also a free worms game on some meory units back then..and of course hexic HD is free...

#184 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I use the WYSIWYG option in Firefox. Had never clicked that toggle to switch to BBcode.

No WYSIWYG option in IEv9 or FFv18 here ... just a plain old edit box with a draggable lower-right corner, and that's it. That probably explains how each line is getting a preceding space at char #1 as well. Hmmm ...

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#185 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

No WYSIWYG option in IEv9 or FFv18 here ... just a plain old edit box with a draggable lower-right corner, and that's it. That probably explains how each line is getting a preceding space at char #1 as well. Hmmm ...

I think you have your Message Editor Interface set to basic (the adjustable text box). It's under the Edit Options on the User CP. Mine's set to enhanced, which has the WYSIWYG option.

It does look like CAG provides a check spelling button for IE users. I have a FF extension that switches my user agent string, and when I set it to a version of IE, I get the check spelling button, but it disappears if I switch back to Firefox and reload the posting page.

#186 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yep, I've fired up IE8, IE9, and the newest versions of Chrome and Firefox and I still don't see a WYSIWYG option.

Ooh, a Bloomy response. I'll look into all that jazz...

Edit: Wow, even as much as I love digging through user options, I may not have ever noticed that if you hadn't brought that to my attention, Bloomy. Thanks. I have... the pooowwwweerrrrrr!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#187 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Edit: Wow, even as much as I love digging through user options, I may not have ever noticed that if you hadn't brought that to my attention, Bloomy. Thanks. I have... the pooowwwweerrrrrr!

Yeah, there's no way I would have ever found it either. Mine was automatically set to "ENHANCED" since I started posting, thank goodness.

UNRELATED EDIT: If you want to try and get in the closed Beta for Battleblock Theater, you can sign up here.

Edited by tylerh1701, 16 January 2013 - 10:47 PM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#188 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

unrelated edit: If you want to try and get in the closed beta for battleblock theater, you can sign up here.

yes

That was supposed to be all caps for enthusiasm. Let's try HELL YES

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#189 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Depending on what you count as a free game, maybe 1 vs. 100 and Karaoke.

I wouldn't count 1 vs. 100 since you couldn't own it. It only existed as long as Microsoft allowed it to run.

Game Room is in that weird territory as well. You can get some achievements without buying anything anyway.

Also a lot of kinect apps/games as well. Intel Discovered is a straight-up game that is free, and there are a lot of things that come up under Fun Labs that are or have been free.

#190 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

You're welcome. Cornelius has the same version of Firefox I have, so I figured it was in the site settings somewhere, especially since he wasn't seeing it in both browsers while I was in FF and IE8.

Happy Wars is another free game on XBL.

#191 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

I wanted to buy the Enter the Dragon DLC. Not sure if I will get any of these, is nightmare fun?

Nightmare is fun-ish. The story is fun enough to play-through, finished it in about 3 hours--it's stand-alone so nothing carries over but they give you most of the combos from the main game unlocks. I was thrown that the only way to play it is from the main screen BEFORE you see the regular menu but after the logo (trust me, it's a little weird).

can someone tell mewhich sleeping dog dlc to get if i cant get them all?

Do you want more story (Nightmare in North Point DLC), versus do you want starter-gear (Dragon Master DLC) and a handful of exclusive infinite tasks that are fun... but only help you grind stats/unlocks easier? The answer lies within you.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#192 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Game Room is in that weird territory as well. You can get some achievements without buying anything anyway.

Also a lot of kinect apps/games as well. Intel Discovered is a straight-up game that is free, and there are a lot of things that come up under Fun Labs that are or have been free.

Happy Wars is another free game on XBL.

Damn, even more I let slip! But at least I managed to remember about a dozen in 90 seconds or so. I need to see how dumb/easy that Intel game is.

#193 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I decided to bite on all Sleeping Dog DLC. I'm still undecided if I want to get a digital copy or a physical copy.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#194 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Do you want more story (Nightmare in North Point DLC), versus do you want starter-gear (Dragon Master DLC) and a handful of exclusive infinite tasks that are fun... but only help you grind stats/unlocks easier? The answer lies within you.

For the Dragon Master DLC, I notice you say "infinite tasks". Do said tasks give you triad experience for doing them? Maxed out the cop stats in the story, but at 85% complete, I'm not going to unlock all the triad moves before game completion.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#195 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

So did anyone mention that The Cave comes out next week on the 23rd for 1200, or did I miss that?

If you were interested in it, there ya go.

Your avatar pic makes me sad. I feel its in your favor but I am holding out hope that Kevin Johnson can go to the board and plead our case. I just feel we should have an opportunity to make a bid if the kings are for sale.
*steps off soap box
Posted Image

#196 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

For the Dragon Master DLC, I notice you say "infinite tasks". Do said tasks give you triad experience for doing them? Maxed out the cop stats in the story, but at 85% complete, I'm not going to unlock all the triad moves before game completion.

Yes, specifically the "Triad Highway" and "Death by 1,000 Cuts" missions from the Triad Enforcer pack (in the Dragon Master Pack) are repeatable for triad experience.
Posted Image

#197 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

couldnt find the answer in the thread, but I cant seem to get the Rock Band Blitz offer after i scratch and lose. I just get boom boom rocket and rhythem party.
Posted Image

#198 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I play it because of the friggin Famestar crap that I am a slave to right now. :wall:
The game is pretty barebone and doesn't offer a lot of variety. Kinect Mechanics work pretty well if you have room (it detects the position of your feet to decide the direction to hit the ball in). It's a pretty decent distraction for a couple of hours but you definitely won't be playing it for long....unless you're me. You may not regret picking it up for 400 msp if you have points to burn. If not I think it's more like a 200 msp game.
Multi player is pretty fun if you have a friend. Online is completely dead though. I've NEVER been able to find a truly random match online. EVER. Every week I have to schedule some matches with friends to get through the weekly challenges. Having said that, you definitely need to pick it up so I have more people to ask to play when I am in a bind. 8-)

I was already leaning on the fence towards this game, and you totally pushed me over into buying it. Will be the first thing I purchase on Tuesday.....Then the Max Payne 3 season pass(knew it was worth waiting for as it would go on sale eventually. hey it's a season pass)

Debating which Sleeping Dogs dlc to pick up considering I don't have the game yet, but eventually will. Gonna get the one with chievos at least

card.png

#199 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Major Nelson removed next week's supposed Rockstar sale from his blog post. I hope the sale still happens, because I really want the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Coincidentally (?), it was announced today that the final DLC for the season pass is also coming next week for 800 points. Could that be the reason? Maybe they realize that nobody will pay 800 for it when they could get the season pass on sale for 1,200?

#200 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

couldnt find the answer in the thread, but I cant seem to get the Rock Band Blitz offer after i scratch and lose. I just get boom boom rocket and rhythem party.

Yup. It seems to have vanished. :(

Major Nelson removed next week's supposed Rockstar sale from his blog post. I hope the sale still happens, because I really want the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Coincidentally (?), it was announced today that the final DLC for the season pass is also coming next week for 800 points. Could that be the reason? Maybe they realize that nobody will pay 800 for it when they could get the season pass on sale for 1,200?

Good catch, I made a note about it in the OP, and I'll edit the thread title too.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#201 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Wow, I've never registered for a forum account than I just did @ the Behemoth. :lol:

BTW, just in case anyone missed the news, the "Dreamcast Collection" is currently @ Walmart for $9.06+tax with free "ship to store":
http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/15739631

Word to the wise ... if you're reading this thread, you're more on top of the Xbox Marketplace's happenings than Xbox's own Marketing. As before, yes, this is a fact.

Regarding "Max Payne 3" ... I'd safely assume there'll be a cash-grab (aka "Season Pass" on sale) on this title, plus "Borderlands 2", plus "NBA 2K12" before May if you missed anything recent. After May, when "GTA V" hits, nobody will play ANYTHING ELSE, nor will anyone spend any money on any other 2K titles if they're not playing that particular game. They also know that any other 2K doesn't stand a chance within 2 months before or after "GTA V", which is why "Bioshock Infinite" HAD to ship no later than late-March, despite how much spit & polish they're adding to give it the best shot at "Game of the Year 2013".

It's with this realization between 2K & Xbox that they now have their sale/release calendars in order, and will either do it next week (assuming nobody actually read Major Nelson's site yesterday), or they're re-organizing their promos, or some other publisher is stepping in next week ... or some combination of all 3. In any case, you know you saw it, it will eventually happen, but now there's finally market intelligence that's cognizant of the next 4 months until "GTA V".

Edited by Cornelius, 17 January 2013 - 05:47 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#202 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

I play it because of the friggin Famestar crap that I am a slave to right now. :wall:
The game is pretty barebone and doesn't offer a lot of variety. Kinect Mechanics work pretty well if you have room (it detects the position of your feet to decide the direction to hit the ball in). It's a pretty decent distraction for a couple of hours but you definitely won't be playing it for long....unless you're me. You may not regret picking it up for 400 msp if you have points to burn. If not I think it's more like a 200 msp game.

^^^I saw you at the top of the Famestar leaderboard, but never realized that you were on CAG. I too was enslaved by Famestar for many weeks, peaking at #4 at my best point. Thank goodness I was able to break free and stop caring. Keeping my Famestar spot took up all my free time and I couldn't play anything else. I was really close to you, but knowing I'd never catch up contributed to me giving up, so I owe you a bit of thanks for that. Sucks that FS isn't displayed anywhere for everyone to see aside from the in-game LB.

I did have some fun with the Home Run Stars demo, so would pick it up for 400. Feels a lot like a flashier version of Kinect Sports baseball.

#203 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

HMXHenry offered an explanation on the Rockband.com forums:

We've heard back from Microsoft confirming that the Scratch & Match promo was only partially propped. Blitz has 2 components, the game and the soundtrack, and the sale offer ID only points to the game part. We actually ran into the same problem just before Blitz launch, and they fixed it then, so they should be able to fix it now.

There may be a slight delay, but they're aware of the issue and they know that they've fixed it previously, which is all good news. I'll post when I know more.

Exciting new development! It turns out Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.

They should be pulling RB Blitz from the Scratch & Match promo shortly, and we've been told Microsoft will be contacting all affected users with replacement codes for Blitz.

#204 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

After spending 3 minutes with Hole in the Wall I regret spending 200 points on it. Horrible.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#205 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hopefully we get risk fractions to be on sale for next week :)

#206 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Rockstar just announced that "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC is coming next week, so this explains why Major Nelson removed their sale from the list. ;)

That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)

#207 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)

My bad. It wasn't good idea to post anything early in the morning. :)

#208 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

HMXHenry offered an explanation on the Rockband.com forums:

Thanks. I was thinking of getting Rock Band Blitz and thought it strange it disappeared last night. Is 800 space bucks the lowest its gone?

#209 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks. I was thinking of getting Rock Band Blitz and thought it strange it disappeared last night. Is 800 space bucks the lowest its gone?

It was 600 for the week long BF deals.

#210 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

^^^I saw you at the top of the Famestar leaderboard, but never realized that you were on CAG. I too was enslaved by Famestar for many weeks, peaking at #4 at my best point. Thank goodness I was able to break free and stop caring. Keeping my Famestar spot took up all my free time and I couldn't play anything else. I was really close to you, but knowing I'd never catch up contributed to me giving up, so I owe you a bit of thanks for that. Sucks that FS isn't displayed anywhere for everyone to see aside from the in-game LB.

I did have some fun with the Home Run Stars demo, so would pick it up for 400. Feels a lot like a flashier version of Kinect Sports baseball.

You're welcome. I keep thinking that I will stop this crap at some point, then someone starts encouraging me to keep going. It feels like a second job.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken