Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#241 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Shame, that game is actually kind of fun. Any clue why it was delisted? Maybe a licensing issue with the Yars name?

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#242 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Shame, that game is actually kind of fun. Any clue why it was delisted? Maybe a licensing issue with the Yars name?

It was published by Atari, so probably not.

#243 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Agreed. It was decent enough for what was a remake done in the style of Star Fox & such. I really need to go back to that one of these days. Wonder if this means the other Atari remakes will get taken down.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#244 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Demo there is free. There's also a video simply titled "Yar's Revenge" that is free as well. It's 21.42 MB, my guess is that is what you downloaded.

Yeah that must have been it, if it's been delisted why is the demo still available ?

Couldn't you buy it from the demo version ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#245 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Yeah that must have been it, if it's been delisted why is the demo still available ?

That's a good question. My guess is you'll probably just receive some sort of Marketplace error, but I won't be home for another 7 hours to test that. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#246 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

That's a good question. My guess is you'll probably just receive some sort of Marketplace error, but I won't be home for another 7 hours to test that. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Haven't tried it with this game, but it's never worked before with other delisted games. Usually, like nCogNeato says, you just get an error message when you try to buy it through the demo.

EDIT: Apparently it works with the Pinball FX1 demo, or at least it did at one point.

Edited by tylerh1701, 18 January 2013 - 06:47 PM.
1 too many "usually"s

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#247 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Haven't tried it with this game, but it's never worked before with other delisted games. Usually, like nCogNeato says, you just get an error message when you try to buy it through the demo.

I want to say it worked for me with Pinball FX, but I could be wrong.

I think it got delisted when FX2 came out because you could buy the FX1 tables in a pack, but I had the demo downloaded so I bought FX1 so I could get the FX1 achievements as well as get the tables in FX2.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#248 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I want to say it worked for me with Pinball FX, but I could be wrong.

I think it got delisted when FX2 came out because you could buy the FX1 tables in a pack, but I had the demo downloaded so I bought FX1 so I could get the FX1 achievements as well as get the tables in FX2.

This is true, had the option to buy it for 800 Points would have done it if I was able to get the DLC packages for this game as well hate, when I can't complete games, because it's no longer obtainable :X

Same for Marble Blast..had a full game code, but DLC wasn'r available anymore so I traded it hum...

Still have the demos of Diner Dash and Double Dragon wish I could unlock the full games somehow haha =P hate when games getting delisted >.<" they could at least make a sale before it's gone forever ._.

#249 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

have the demos of Diner Dash and Double Dragon wish I could unlock the full games somehow haha =P hate when games getting delisted >.<" they could at least make a sale before it's gone forever ._.

Yeah, kind of "soon to be delisted" Dotw :applause::lol:

I don't understand why they do not lower the price in the months prior to the delisting. That way at least they would get more money for their product.

#250 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah I can confirm Pinball FX trial worked for me as of last year as well.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#251 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

btw Another delisted game - Yar's Revenge - http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410aa1

Got really cheap code from cag member last year, but still haven't played it yet.

Damn it! I actually liked the demo, but didn't want to pay the 800 for it. I should have just bought the thing despite my backlog. I was wondering if this might happen.

If I was somehow able to track down a code for the full game, would I still be able to download it? I have the demo so it should just be a matter of unlocking the full game.

Edit: I can't unlock the game through the demo version, it doesn't show up, but perhaps a code would allow me to since it would be seen as a purchase I made before the delisting.

#252 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

All this talk of recent delistings makes me think I should pull the trigger on Star Raiders as I suspect it is next on the chopping block. Will probably bite tonight.

#253 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Speaking of Atari's remakes... I thought Warlords was pretty good. Takes a little while t get used to, but it's fun when you get the hang of it. Not much long-term appeal outside of multiplayer once the relatively short campaign is over though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#254 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

If I was somehow able to track down a code for the full game, would I still be able to download it? I have the demo so it should just be a matter of unlocking the full game.

Edit: I can't unlock the game through the demo version, it doesn't show up, but perhaps a code would allow me to since it would be seen as a purchase I made before the delisting.

I would think you'd be fine.

#255 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

btw Another delisted game - Yar's Revenge - http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410aa1

One of my favorite games on atari, had no idea it was even on xbla. Oh well, ignorance is bliss and all that.

#256 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

One of my favorite games on atari, had no idea it was even on xbla. Oh well, ignorance is bliss and all that.

It has nothing to with the Atari game except that the title is the same.

#257 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Speaking of delistings, Too Human has been removed from Games on Demand, along with the demo, and stuff like themes & gamer pics.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#258 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

It has nothing to with the Atari game except that the title is the same.

The Atari one was Yars' Revenge and the 360 one was Yar's Revenge.

Yeah, yeah, I realize I'm splitting hairs here. Sorry... ;)

#259 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game. I did not really even want to finish the game but since I spent 600 MS points (200 too many for sure) over the Xmas sale I felt the need to see it through. I actually liked the story that was there and I could have forgiven some of the clunky mechanics and response times but combined with the level designs they just blew balls. Whether it was taking my gun out to slow or sometimes climbing a wall fast and sometimes slow the gameplay just frustrated me to no end. Then you have zombies that kill you faster than you can respond plus times when the ceiling just decides it is going to cave in on you.

I am not a very good platform gamer but the amount of cheap shit in this games was ridiculous. I cannot count how many times I had to start a part over. The only saving grace is the checkpoint system was good so you never lost too much work. Also, hey just start the part over and not wait till I hit a button AGAIN. I am not even sure I could recommend this game to be honest. I was that frustrated with it.

That is unfortunate to hear. The Amazon PCDD rep is trying to put together a Microsoft arcade PC bundle and Deadlight is on the list. I was really looking forward to playing it but maybe I'll focus on Mark of the Ninja first. Thanks for the review.

#260 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Speaking of delistings, Too Human has been removed from Games on Demand, along with the demo, and stuff like themes & gamer pics.

That has to do with the recall, Too Human and Xmen Destiny were recalled and ordered to be destroyed.

#261 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

That is unfortunate to hear. The Amazon PCDD rep is trying to put together a Microsoft arcade PC bundle and Deadlight is on the list. I was really looking forward to playing it but maybe I'll focus on Mark of the Ninja first. Thanks for the review.

Deadlight was very good in my opinion, only problem I had with it was that it was rather short. I bought it for 1200 or so, but if you could get it for half price I'd say that seems pretty good.

#262 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Damn I wanted Yar's Revenge :(
At least there's on Steam but I'd like to keep everything on my main gaming platform...
Also, I bought Apples to Apples but not the DLC :(

I think I'm gonna spam Major Nelson and ask for a warning on the games about to be delisted. [Edit: OK I tweeted my request to Major Nelson]
It will be better if you do the same. Let's brainwash them about it!

Edited by johnpap, 19 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#263 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Speaking of Atari's remakes... I thought Warlords was pretty good. Takes a little while t get used to, but it's fun when you get the hang of it. Not much long-term appeal outside of multiplayer once the relatively short campaign is over though.

From what i remember this game was removed few days after release, wtf? I was going to wait for a sale, ah well. :roll:

Bought most of the old 400msp Atari games, except Asteroids, which seems most broken of them all. I think it wouldn't take too long until they disappear as well.

#264 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

From what i remember this game was removed few days after release, wtf? I was going to wait for a sale, ah well. :roll:

Wait a sec, the game is still available for 400 MSP
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410851

#265 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Wait a sec, the game is still available for 400 MSP
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410851

We are talking about Warlords remake - http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410b27

#266 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

This thread has definitely died down which is good for our wallets.

I'm tempted by the Sleeping Dogs DLC now that people are saying Square Enix never releases GOTY editions which is what I was holding out for. I'm not too worried with the DLC having been on sale a few times already.

I noticed RB Blitz was removed from the S&M app but see there was a valid explanation for that. I already own that and BBR and had written off Dance Rhythm but the trial was pretty fun so now I'm debating whether to buy it or not.

Hole in the Wall was tempting for 200 MSP but after playing the trial I think it will be more frustrating than fun. I'll have to play the Home Run Stars trial to see if I like it.

The Cave looks sweet but my backlog defeats that notion. I'm in for the Max Payne 3 season pass though whenever it does go on sale. How is the MP? I got the game during Black Friday and haven't touched it yet.

On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.

#267 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

We are talking about Warlords remake - http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410b27

oh crap that one :(

I noticed RB Blitz was removed from the S&M app but see there was a valid explanation for that. I already own that and BBR and had written off Dance Rhythm but the trial was pretty fun so now I'm debating whether to buy it or not.

I'm debating on whether to buy BBR or not lol
I have the other two Rhythm games and I think that both are great :)

Hole in the Wall was tempting for 200 MSP but after playing the trial I think it will be more frustrating than fun. I'll have to play the Home Run Stars trial to see if I like it.

I'll "buy" it only when it's free.

On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.

Hahahaha holy cow :) Gratz!

#268 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Anyone think Dragonborn for Skyrim will be 1/2 off the first week of February to match the deal Sony will have for it?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#269 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Congratulations. I am about 1/3 of the way to where you are now. Which i s horrible considering how many games I own. I really need to hunker down and start working on some cheevos.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#270 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Bought the Sleeping Dogs DLC, and I'd say Nightmare In North Point is really only worth it for the achievements. It's extremely short (5 missions I think?), and there's not much there in the way of side quests. And even then it's only beat up on a group of vampires or kill a demon. Not to say it's "bad" per say, but it feels Saints Row-ish in terms of value for your money.

That said, the achievements are really easy although getting the five gold medals are a tad grindy.

As for The Dragon Master Pack, I'd say pass. It's a mostly cosmetic DLC. Not to say that the cars don't look cool, but still. Only thing that's good about it is it's an alternative way to max out your triad and cop experience (although the latter you should get in the main game). Otherwise, the "missions" it give you are a bit repetitive.

Congrats man. Always satisfying when you hear that *bloop* sound. Unless your friends are signing on. :bomb:

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png