Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#2701 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just register a new account and during sign up say your in hungary. Then look up a hungarian zip code everything else can be jibberish. THe thing is you need to add at least 800 point codes to the account not 400 points. Amazon sells region free points you can use though.

If you have promotional 400MSP codes, these work just fine.

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<

#2702 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Plus you can also use bing points on the Hungarian account

#2703 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://majornelson.c...marketplace-18/

Deal of the Week - Discount Dates - Price

Grand Theft Auto IV - 12-Mar to 18-Mar
GTA IV GonD - Varies by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned - 400 (50% off)
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony - 800 (50% off)

Ubisoft - 19-Mar to 25-Mar
Assassin’s Creed Revelations - The Lost Archive - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations - Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - Da Vinci Disappearance - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed 2 - Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed 2 - Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations Battle of Forli - 160 (50% off)
Beyond Good & Evil - 400 (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 (50% off)
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes - 600 (50% off)
Outland - 400 (50% off)
Prince of Persia Epilogue - 400 (50% off)
Splinter Cell Conviction – Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 (50% off)
Mad Riders - 400 (50% off)

Sales & Specials - Discount Date - Price
Square Enix Publisher Sale - 12-Mar to 18-Mar - Up to 50% off
Brave: The Video Game - 12-Mar to 18-Mar - Varies by region
Haunt - 19-Mar to 25-Mar - 320 (60% off)

#2704 McPhorks

McPhorks

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

You got me all excited then i realized beyond good and evil was next week

#2705 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looks like Scott Pilgrim Wallace DLC isn't up yet... BUT REMEMBER... I downloaded an update, not an add-on, and it gave me Online matchmaking. If you're only looking for that, boot up the game and get the update.

#2706 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Remember though the Scott Pilgrim TU will only let you play the first level online. You'll have to pony up if you want to play the rest of the levels in a game you already bought two years ago.
Posted Image

#2707 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

It mentions that the save it creates after that update requires the update for it to work, so deleting the update renders the save useless.

#2708 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Dungeon Siege 3 appears to be $10. I may just have to bite at that price.

#2709 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Remember though the Scott Pilgrim TU will only let you play the first level online. You'll have to pony up if you want to play the rest of the levels in a game you already bought two years ago.

Oh is that what it is? Thank you for clearing that up, I was very confused.

#2710 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, if you start up a game and try to move from that first spot, it'll tell you to give them money to play any other level online.

#2711 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Are you implying that the developer shouldn't be compensated for breathing new life into an old game through added functionality? Maybe I'm reading into your statement.

#2712 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Are you implying that the developer shouldn't be compensated for breathing new life into an old game through added functionality? Maybe I'm reading into your statement.

Wasn't this "added functionality" supposed to be patched into the game after launch?

I could be wrong but I thought this was one of these "not in at launch but we'll put it in later" things, if that's the case I wouldn't expect to be charged for it.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2713 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wasn't this "added functionality" supposed to be patched into the game after launch?

I could be wrong but I thought this was one of these "not in at launch but we'll put it in later" things, if that's the case I wouldn't expect to be charged for it.

Really? If I recall, the developers said that they wanted the game to return to "old school" beat em ups days, where it was just you and a friend playing locally at whoever's house and that was the reason they didn't add online.

#2714 Sir Loinsteak

Sir Loinsteak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the x360a link :) I thought there would be more region free stuff though, must be everyone who is always talking about the Hungarian marketplace has pal boxes

Any update to the sales and specials app yet?

#2715 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Scott Pilgrim really should have had online play from day 1. It's ridiculous that they waited 2 years to add such a basic functionality and then expect people to pay half of the game's cost for it.

Game could have gone down as one of the must own XBLA co-op titles with online play, but this is too little too late. I remember a lot of people on here championing this decision as well. "this is how co-op was meant to be played, go get some real friends, etc." lol

#2716 shulamm

shulamm

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Really? If I recall, the developers said that they wanted the game to return to "old school" beat em ups days, where it was just you and a friend playing locally at whoever's house and that was the reason they didn't add online.

That's the cheapest excuse i've ever heard for laziness. And an insult for my intelligence.

#2717 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Scott Pilgrim really should have had online play from day 1. It's ridiculous that they waited 2 years to add such a basic functionality and then expect people to pay half of the game's cost for it.

Game could have gone down as one of the must own XBLA co-op titles with online play, but this is too little too late. I remember a lot of people on here championing this decision as well. "this is how co-op was meant to be played, go get some real friends, etc." lol

I agree. Kudos to them for wanting to go old school, but they really shot themselves in the foot. It would have had an even longer shelf life with online from the get go. Now I have to talk my friends into booting it back up just to try online MP (one of them doesn't even have Gold anymore).
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#2718 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

That's the cheapest excuse i've ever heard for laziness. And an insult for my intelligence.

Yep, Lara Croft GoL was released without online co-op. Later they updated the game for free.

#2719 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yep, Lara Croft GoL was released without online co-op. Later they updated the game for free.

They also has promised it as part of the original release's feature set, but were so bent on getting it done in time for Summer of Arcade that they had to cut it out to finish it in time. That wasn't done out of the kindness of their heart.

#2720 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

So much stuff I already have. Wow. Guess I will nab all the 2 dollar fighters after all.

#2721 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

This is marketing speak for "we couldn't get online working properly in our game, so guys, what can we say to stave off the angry fanbase?"

Instead of rewarding a developer for not being able to fix a major game issue until two and a half years after release, I recommend rewarding a game that got it right the first time and just buying Phantom Breaker instead.

#2722 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Sleeping Dogs for 20 bucks? I might have to pick that up. I really liked the demo. Can anyone tell me what DLC for the game is worth it?

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#2723 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Anyone know what games are on sale with the Square/Enix sale?

#2724 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I used my tenth and final Target card with last week's sales.

Is there anyone here that still has 1600 cards for sale? (Not much luck in the trading thread)

#2725 Sir Loinsteak

Sir Loinsteak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I only played the nightmare in North point Dlc but I enjoyed it and I paid full price.

#2726 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Heading into the OP

#2727 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Can someone please link to a guide on how to do this?

What kind of points do you use on the hungarian marketplace? I bought a 400msp instant code on amazon and its not working on the hungary account.

Edited by Bradisback, 12 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#2728 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Wow, just bought Sleeping Dogs for 400msp (Hungarian marketplace). Also Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC is available in EU (240msp) - happy ^^.

Stupid Hungary.

Thanks for the x360a link :) I thought there would be more region free stuff though, must be everyone who is always talking about the Hungarian marketplace has pal boxes

Any update to the sales and specials app yet?

S&S App wasn't updated when I checked before work. That was about 9:30am MDT.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2729 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

As for this week's sales, I think I'll probably just demo that Mensa Academy game. I just laughed this morning when I saw GTA DLC for half off as the DotW.

Oh, also nice to see Alien Spidy 100% confirmed. The game looks fun, I love 2D platformers.

Skip to 1:20ish for actual gameplay.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2730 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Does anyone have any input about the Sleepings Dogs DLC? I already have the Dragon Master Pack, but I don't know if any of the other ones is worth getting while they're on sale.