Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
912 replies to this topic

#271 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm surprised you keep trying with how little feedback or effort they're giving you. Crappy extension support surely isn't helping their market share. 

x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#272 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

How long is the delay between obtaining a card, and it being highlighted among search results in the Steam Market? I get a little OCD when I buy cards on the market and they don't get highlighted. I get paranoid that I'll end up buying a card I already have.

#273 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

How long is the delay between obtaining a card, and it being highlighted among search results in the Steam Market? I get a little OCD when I buy cards on the market and they don't get highlighted. I get paranoid that I'll end up buying a card I already have.

In the code it's set to refresh your inventory (which is cached) after 1 hour.  If you'd like it to show up immediately you should be able to open the "Enhanced Steam" menu at the top of the page and select "Clear cached data".  This will force Enhanced Steam to re-index your inventory and highlight the cards you own.

#274 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

3v0b1y.jpg

https://addons.mozil...enhanced-steam/

So finally version 2.9 has been accepted by Mozilla.  There have been quite a few changes since the previous 2.2 version.  If anyone encounters any problems with it, let me know.

#275 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

\\:D/  :applause:  \\:D/

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#276 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Also I've submitted version 3.7.1 to Opera for use in Opera Next.  This is a direct re-release of the Chrome version which appears to work perfectly fine in Opera Next.  

Assuming all goes well in the review process, I anticipate being able to release Google Chrome and Opera Next versions with the exact same features and functionality at approximately the same time going forward, without having to maintain a separate code base.

The previous Opera code was based on the Firefox version and was somewhat more feature-limited as a result of their cross-domain scripting policies.

#277 Zeknurn

Zeknurn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

That's excellent. I have been running the Chrome extension on Opera Next without any problems for the last few weeks. No automatic updates though, which is why I look forward to grabbing it from the Opera extensions website.

#278 Bort_

Bort_

Aw, c'mon! Bort?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Just dropping by to say thank you for still supporting the Firefox extension despite all the roadblocks and to ask a question, considering you had to rewrite the entire extension is there a chance to port the missing features from the Chrome extension to Firefox?

#279 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Just dropping by to say thank you for still supporting the Firefox extension despite all the roadblocks and to ask a question, considering you had to rewrite the entire extension is there a chance to port the missing features from the Chrome extension to Firefox?

Some of the Chrome features will be ported over - but the majority of the ones that are missing are missing as a result of Firefox not allowing what's called "Cross Domain Scripting" in it's content scripts.  This means that in Firefox (unlike Chrome and now Opera) Enhanced Steam running on Steampowered.com cannot read data from SteamCommunity.com and vice versa.

So for example, in Chrome Enhanced Steam can highlight whether you own a game in the community hub and on your activity feed.  In Firefox, once you're on the SteamCommunity.com site Enhanced Steam has no way of knowing if you own a particular game or not - it can't read that info from Steampowered.com because of this restriction.

You would be surprised how much this information gets segmented between the two sites.  Your wishlist, for example, exists on SteamCommunity.com so Enhanced Steam for Firefox can't add an "Add to Cart" button from the store page.

Some Chrome features I plan on porting over include tagging, expanded options, and translation support for additional languages.

#280 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

I have a feature request. I don't think that it's already in there, at least not that I see. It's also very minor and not very exciting or something that a lot of people need, but hopefully the work required is trivial enough to overcome that.

I'd like to see the total size that my entire library takes up in GB. On this page (sub in your Steam ID instead of mine) the size of each game is listed when your are signed in and viewing your own account. I was hoping you could total that up and expose the number somewhere, either on that page or on my account page. I suppose that if it was done on that games page the filters could be used to see the total size of subsets of games, like a franchise, but I'm really just looking for a complete library total.

A guy on this page (2nd answer) whipped up some javascript for a bookmarklet, but it seems to no longer be working, at least not for me. If you decide to implement this it might point you in the right direction and save some time.

Thanks for your continued work on this extension. I've found it ridiculously useful.

#281 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

I have a feature request. I don't think that it's already in there, at least not that I see. It's also very minor and not very exciting or something that a lot of people need, but hopefully the work required is trivial enough to overcome that.

I'd like to see the total size that my entire library takes up in GB. On this page (sub in your Steam ID instead of mine) the size of each game is listed when your are signed in and viewing your own account. I was hoping you could total that up and expose the number somewhere, either on that page or on my account page. I suppose that if it was done on that games page the filters could be used to see the total size of subsets of games, like a franchise, but I'm really just looking for a complete library total.

A guy on this page (2nd answer) whipped up some javascript for a bookmarklet, but it seems to no longer be working, at least not for me. If you decide to implement this it might point you in the right direction and save some time.

Thanks for your continued work on this extension. I've found it ridiculously useful.

Should be something easy to whip up, but did you check out the link in the first response in the StackExchange link you sent?  That SteamGauge website was able to successfully calculate the total size of all my games as 2,683.95 GB - which seams about right.

If you'd rather it be in Enhanced Steam I should be able to calculate this as well using a similar function to the javascript that is linked in the other answer.  I can include it in the next version (most likely) but if you want an answer now I'd suggest the SteamGauge website.

#282 CarlosPorto

CarlosPorto

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Should be something easy to whip up, but did you check out the link in the first response in the StackExchange link you sent?  That SteamGauge website was able to successfully calculate the total size of all my games as 2,683.95 GB - which seams about right.

If you'd rather it be in Enhanced Steam I should be able to calculate this as well using a similar function to the javascript that is linked in the other answer.  I can include it in the next version (most likely) but if you want an answer now I'd suggest the SteamGauge website.

I would like if this was integrated on next version! Could be even an option defaulted to off.

Thank you for all your work!

#283 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

To gear up for the Summer Sale - Enhanced Steam will be holding a Youtube video contest with a chance to win a game on your Steam wishlist.

The contest will be simple: make a Youtube video about your favorite feature (or features) of Enhanced Steam and send me a copy of the video link.  I can be reached through PM on CheapAssGamer, through email, on Steam, messaged on Reddit, or through twitter (@enhancedsteam).

One video will be chosen at the end of the contest as the winner.  The winner will receive a game of their choice from their Steam Wishlist (up to $29.99).  The contest will end on the last day of the summer sale to give the winner the best possible prize.

Good luck!

#284 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Wow, cool contest! Not sure if I will get around to entering (I hate the way my voice sounds in videos), but really great of you to do it anyway :D

#285 masterkajo

masterkajo

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

I have recently switched browsers to Chrome (since Flash in Firefox keeps on crashing at least every other time I open a flash file) and installed Enhanced Steam. First of, awesome work. Really nice features.

Secondly, I have some problems with regards to bundle prices and my actual savings. Tried to look all over the internet but couldn't find anything, so I hope it's ok if I ask this here.

When I look at the Portal (8,99€) + Portal 2 (19,99€) bundle (24,98€) I get the correct savings, namely €-24,98 (I own both games).

When I look at Devil May Cry 3 SE (19,99€) + Devil May Cry 4 (19,99€) bundle (27,99€) I get a false saving total, namely €-27,79 (I only own DMC 4). Shouldn't it say my savings are €-8 (39,98€ total - [27,99€ bundle cost + 19,99€ of DMC4]).

When I look at The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition bundle (39,99€) containing TESV:Skyrim (29,99€), TESV:Skyrim - Dawnguard (19,99€), TESV:Skyrim - Dragonborn (19,99€) and TESV: Skyrim - Hearthfire (4,99€) I get a false saving total, namely €-39,24 (I own none of the games or DLC). Shouldn't it read €34,97 (74,96€ total - 39,99€ bundle cost).

It is not a very big deal just something I found and wanted to report / ask about.

Thanks and keep up the good work. 

#286 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the bug report masterkajo!

This bug has been identified and has been corrected in the upcoming version 2.8 that will be released either today or tomorrow.  The bug had to do with the bundle calculations done when the decimal indicator was a comma as is common in many international currencies.

Once 2.8 has been released and you have it installed, let me know if you continue to have problems with this.  Thanks!

#287 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Finished the install size totaler:

NoRGzm1.png

#288 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Version 3.8 for Google Chrome and Opera have been pushed out.  Chrome users should see the new version immediately.  Opera users should see the new version in the next few days.

Thanks for all your support everyone!  I suspect that within the next few days Enhanced Steam will have over 100,000 downloads!

#289 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not to nitpick, but are you on 3.8, or is my version number reading incorrectly?

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

AHP221364492     AHP233565792

#290 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Not to nitpick, but are you on 3.8, or is my version number reading incorrectly?

Yep sorry typo in the last post.  Long day yesterday!

#291 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yep sorry typo in the last post.  Long day yesterday!

It's all good, yo. Your work on this project is more than appreciated.

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

AHP221364492     AHP233565792

#292 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

Just installed and loving so far, but I do have a feature idea. It would be neat if you could show lowest historical price on the wishlist page like you do on the actual game page. For example, I go to the store page for Bully and see the following:

Lowest Price: $3.75 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $3.75 at Amazon US on Wed May 29 2013 (Info)

I would love to be able to have that same information while on the wishlist page for all games on my wishlist. That way I can quickly go through my wishlist and see what prices I can expect future discounts to have for any game that I want.

#293 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Just installed and loving so far, but I do have a feature idea. It would be neat if you could show lowest historical price on the wishlist page like you do on the actual game page. For example, I go to the store page for Bully and see the following:

Lowest Price: $3.75 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $3.75 at Amazon US on Wed May 29 2013 (Info)

I would love to be able to have that same information while on the wishlist page for all games on my wishlist. That way I can quickly go through my wishlist and see what prices I can expect future discounts to have for any game that I want.

I actually think this sounds pretty cool as well. Make it so shackles :bow:

#294 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

I've put adding the price history to the wishlist on my "to do list".

There is an update v3.8.1 that should be rolling out for Chrome users.  This update fixes a bug with international currencies and price history information.

#295 Myuer

Myuer

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hi, I installed this extension today, but it doesn't work. I don't know why, but when I save the changes on the options, it dosen't do nothing.

#296 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

I've also got a friend who has the same problem as Myuer. The options menu doesn't seem to do anything for him.

Also, request time. Would it be possible to add some sort of wish list to the Steam market? Being able to add cards/emoticons/backgrounds/etc to a list (and to be able to see the current prices) would be amazing. I understand this is probably a massive undertaking, but it was something I was thinking the other day when I was manually looking up every item I was looking for.

EDIT: Nevermind, you have a "watch list" in your "to do list" already, so ignore my request!

#297 furtivespy

furtivespy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

I know you have the "Show Market Price on Inventory Page (Experimental!)" feature - It worked once for me. It was nice when it did. Might I suggest adding this info to the badge progress page? It would be nice to see the cost and a link to buy the cards I don't have for a badge.

#298 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

Something that has been bothering me and I assume you could could do with little effort: When you're on the store side of things, your wallet balance shows up under the "your account" menu link in the top right. However, it doesn't show when you're in the community area.  It really freaking annoys me since there is no reason on Valve's part for this to happen, especially since the market is on the community side.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#299 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Something that has been bothering me and I assume you could could do with little effort: When you're on the store side of things, your wallet balance shows up under the "your account" menu link in the top right. However, it doesn't show when you're in the community area.  It really freaking annoys me since there is no reason on Valve's part for this to happen, especially since the market is on the community side.

That's a good point - I'll check into it.

EDIT: BSB - next time give me an actual challenge!

Ichu5ho.png

This was done with like 2 lines of code.

#300 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Working on wishlist pricing data: it's a little tougher.  Basically, not every game has pricing data.  Of the ones that do, some have a current sale and historical data, some only have historical data (meaning it's not on sale).

There isn't enough room in the wishlist row to display this info without it looking very cramped, so the code has to make each wishlist item taller, even if there isn't any pricing data.

The end result looks something like this:

kFI9weu.png

Not sure about you guys, but it's looking a little... Strange.  I'm thinking of just adding the historical low which would help even this out somewhat.

What do you guys think?