Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
915 replies to this topic

#391 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Sure enough, if you look at the pages of the two games the OP in that thread mentions Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Black List there's no mention of additional DRM, which of course there wouldn't be since it's not mentioned in the fine print on the page to grab it from.

Even though it's due to their own ignorance, it still seems a bit troublesome that some people might think they are protected when they aren't. Really Valve should put their foot down about this nonsense, but yeah, like that's going to happen.

I don't suppose that pulling from the Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam is still on the table now that it's been wikified?

I re-wrote the uplay detection script for the next version of Enhanced Steam and it correctly identifies the new Splinter Cell.  I don't think they've announced uPlay for Rayman Legends - Rayman Origins didn't have it so I think (at this point in time) it's generally assumed that Rayman Legends won't have it either.  

Pulling data from the PCGamingWiki for this DRM list might be something that I move to in the future if developers keep pulling shady stuff like this.  They are working on getting an API set up for Enhanced Steam that I'll have access to this and other data going forward (including links to their wiki entries for each game, etc) so I'll keep an eye on it.

Of course we both know the best way to get publishers to disclose this: demand refunds from Valve.  Legally speaking, you're entitled to a refund if you are presented with a EULA after purchase that contain terms you do not accept.  Fortunately (in the US at least) the Steam Subscriber Agreement (a contract) doesn't trump this consumer protection law.  If people simply started demanding refunds from Valve rather than saying "Ok, I guess I have to jump through all these hoops to play Splinter Cell", we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

#392 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I don't think they've announced uPlay for Rayman Legends - Rayman Origins didn't have it so I think (at this point in time) it's generally assumed that Rayman Legends won't have it either.  

People on the Steam forums are saying it has UPlay rewards and achievements. I didn't get a chance to verify that from some direct source yet but multiple people are citing it. I did see that the console versions at very least cite UPlay integration so it seems like they would do it for the PC too I would think. I suppose it's possible they could do a separate version for Steam without UPlay integration but that seems highly unlikely.

On the rest though I agree people need to get serious about complaining about hidden DRM and requesting refunds, but Steam's CS really does suck and is very YMMV. Plus I constantly get the feeling that no matter what I tell them it is never really getting passed on to actual Valve employees, because let's get real their CS is outsourced.

I live in the Seattle area and have never once seen them posting any hiring for CS jobs, other stuff yes but not CS, plus the responses you get just scream cheap outsourced CS.

steam_sig.png

#393 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't think they've announced uPlay for Rayman Legends - Rayman Origins didn't have it so I think (at this point in time) it's generally assumed that Rayman Legends won't have it either. 

All I know is that I was required to sign in and launch U-Play to play the demo, so I'd say it's likely the full game will require it too.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#394 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Highlighting for midweek and weekend deals coming soon:

PkG6cWn.png

#395 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

This just keeps getting better and better. Thanks.

Is there any chance of adding library filtering or an option to change between title/genre/category in the search so I can say, see all of my adventure games or everything that supports local co-op?

• dfg likes this

#396 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

This just keeps getting better and better. Thanks.

Is there any chance of adding library filtering or an option to change between title/genre/category in the search so I can say, see all of my adventure games or everything that supports local co-op?

I definitely have bigger plans for the Library feature in upcoming versions (I know, I've been saying that for a while now).

I'm planning on adding support for filters, while categories will be a little more difficult but not impossible.  I'm also planning on adding a toggle between list view and grid view.  Also the ability to hide library games completely (for those pesky Mac versions of Civ IV and GTAIII, etc).

Stay tuned.  It may take a while to get everything the way I'd like it, but it's coming!  :)

• dfg likes this

#397 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I definitely have bigger plans for the Library feature in upcoming versions (I know, I've been saying that for a while now).

I'm planning on adding support for filters, while categories will be a little more difficult but not impossible.  I'm also planning on adding a toggle between list view and grid view.  Also the ability to hide library games completely (for those pesky Mac versions of Civ IV and GTAIII, etc).

Stay tuned.  It may take a while to get everything the way I'd like it, but it's coming!   :)

Excellent. Thanks.

#398 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Newest feature: breaking down multi-packs into a "price per each".

PnEVfJZ.png

tPAIrQU.png

Thanks for the idea, MrNinjaSquirrel.

#399 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

LOL that's good for people who suck at math.

Seriously though, it's useful. Thanks.

• dfg likes this

steam_sig.png

#400 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

I love how every update to Enhanced Steam saves me five more seconds of thought when perusing games.  A few more updates, and I'll be able to deliberate on a game sale two days before it happens.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#401 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to have Enhanced Steam whittle down my backlog?  Maybe some of these bundle games that realistically, I'm never going to play.

And if it could make me a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich every morning, you'd be my hero.

It can do these things, right?  Cause you seem to be able to make it do everything else that I want.

Just be careful of giving it too much control...

• dfg likes this
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."

#402 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Just be careful of giving it too much control...

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#403 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys just a quick update.  I'm going to try to release the next version of Enhanced Steam for Chrome soon.

I got a call from my brother yesterday afternoon, which was weird because we haven't spoken in almost 4 years.  He told me that my grandfather was rushed to the hospital and was in pretty bad shape.  This morning I talked with my dad and found out that my grandpa passed away last night.

My grandpa was who got me into gaming at an early age.  Some of my earliest memories ever were of us playing his Atari 2600.  He introduced me to the NES, and grandpa always knew where all the secrets were in The Legend of Zelda.  He has always been a hero to me: he was a paratrooper in World War II, and was married to my grandma for 67 years.  He taught me how to drive, and instilled in me a lot of the values I hold myself to even today.

So I'll be making arrangements to attend his services across the country and will be a little busy this week.  I have version 4.4 nearly ready to go so I'll find some time to upload it and drop you guys a quick note.  Thanks again to everyone for helping me make Enhanced Steam great - I know my grandpa would be proud.

• dfg likes this

#404 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

My condolences to you and your family. 

And, of course, family always comes first.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."

#405 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

oh man, my condolences. As someone who lost his grandfather last year, I know how it feels. Don't worry about are silly requests, take all the time you need for this. Really sorry for you, it's never easy to loose someone like that :-(

#406 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

My condolences to you and your family. 

And, of course, family always comes first.

oh man, my condolences. As someone who lost his grandfather last year, I know how it feels. Don't worry about are silly requests, take all the time you need for this. Really sorry for you, it's never easy to loose someone like that :-(

Thanks for the kind words.  I got the update sent to Google for Enhanced Steam so it should be updating to version 4.4 soon.  Here is the changelog:

• Adds "X games with drops remaining" to badge page
  • Adds foil badge progress link to non-foil badge progress page
  • Fixes a bug where foil badges were linking to non-foil market pages
  • Better uPlay and GFWL DRM detection on app pages
  • Adds highlighting to more sales pages, midweek and weekend deals
  • Adds price per game to multi-pack purchase options

As always feel free to contact me with any issues, but I will probably be out of pocket or slow to respond for the next week or so.

#407 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

I also want to give my condolences to you and your family.

You've done an awesome job with ES so far (HINTHINT Valve HINTHINT) but take as long as you need. RL comes first.

steam_sig.png

#408 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Sorry for your loss, man. Our petty needs can definitely be put on hold for that.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#409 dragon290513

dragon290513

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

sorry for your loss :(. that must be very hard on you.

also I'm having an issue with the extension for at least a few weeks now. I was using it as normal and suddenly it no longer works. I tried to choose and save options but they didnt stick. Enable/disble and uninstall the extension also prove futile :( I even tried to clear all kinds of cookie i could find in chrome and nope, still not working. anyone know why this happen?

#410 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Sorry for your loss, man. Our petty needs can definitely be put on hold for that.

I also want to give my condolences to you and your family.

You've done an awesome job with ES so far (HINTHINT Valve HINTHINT) but take as long as you need. RL comes first.

Thanks guys.   :)

sorry for your loss :(. that must be very hard on you.

also I'm having an issue with the extension for at least a few weeks now. I was using it as normal and suddenly it no longer works. I tried to choose and save options but they didnt stick. Enable/disble and uninstall the extension also prove futile :( I even tried to clear all kinds of cookie i could find in chrome and nope, still not working. anyone know why this happen?

Most people that have this problem report that following these directions fix this issue.

#411 dragon290513

dragon290513

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

thanks a lot! that works wonder :D

#412 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hey guys just a quick update.  I'm going to try to release the next version of Enhanced Steam for Chrome soon.

I got a call from my brother yesterday afternoon, which was weird because we haven't spoken in almost 4 years.  He told me that my grandfather was rushed to the hospital and was in pretty bad shape.  This morning I talked with my dad and found out that my grandpa passed away last night.

My grandpa was who got me into gaming at an early age.  Some of my earliest memories ever were of us playing his Atari 2600.  He introduced me to the NES, and grandpa always knew where all the secrets were in The Legend of Zelda.  He has always been a hero to me: he was a paratrooper in World War II, and was married to my grandma for 67 years.  He taught me how to drive, and instilled in me a lot of the values I hold myself to even today.

So I'll be making arrangements to attend his services across the country and will be a little busy this week.  I have version 4.4 nearly ready to go so I'll find some time to upload it and drop you guys a quick note.  Thanks again to everyone for helping me make Enhanced Steam great - I know my grandpa would be proud.

my condolences to you and your family. version 4.4 can wait, family matters are more important.

and someone better not respond to this message with a picture of Steve Urkel.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#413 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

keiji inafune wants to make a new mega man type game for steam and consoles (if it hits the right level).

EightBitArtist.png

#414 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

keiji inafune wants to make a new mega man type game for steam and consoles (if it hits the right level).

not that this isn't cool, but what exactly does it have to do with Enhanced Steam? :-?

#415 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

sorry, saw steam in the thread title and assumed it was the steam service.

EightBitArtist.png

#416 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I actually thought of integrating bundles into Enhanced Steam, but trashed suggesting it because I thought it was way, WAY to much work and upkeep, but now you've gone and done it. Above and beyond man, above and beyond. My condolences to you and your family..

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#417 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

First of all my condolences to you and your family. RL things like this go always first.

That also explains why my donation(gift) has been sitting in my inventory for a few days. When you are ready for it, add me to your friend list (I already sent an invite) or tell me where I can sent it. The job you do is great and it keeps better and better with every release. Best plugin ever and I enjoy it every day.

A thing I noticed was that on the badges page, the filter for how many drops remain doesn't work well. It excludes the game for which you already have a badge but still have remaining drops. Sometimes I already have a badge for a game I don't own and after I bought it I like to get the cards to sell them. With your filter it is supereasy to view these games, so if you could 'enhance' that it would be great. But no rush of course, take your time. 

Keep up the good work, and I hope you get your job at Valve but only when you can't enhance their site any more ;-)

#418 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just stopping in to pass along my condolences. Whenever my brothers and I used to stay at our grandparents' house back in the mid '90s, they used to always rent us a Genesis or SNES - whatever HyVee had available at the time, so I know what's it like to have gaming grandparents. You probably haven't experienced video games until you've heard a 62 yr old woman say 'Cowabunga!' while playing Turtles in Time, or a 65 yr old man drop the F-bomb because you just nailed four 3's while ON FIRE!!!! in NBA Jam. Sorry to hear about your news, and appreciate the memories.

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

TMR221917838     AHP233565792     ADN253704054

#419 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

My condolences for your loss. I'd also like to thank you for all of the work you've put into a free tool. 

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#420 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  

While I was gone, others worked on several of the issues and new features, and I'll be doing a bit myself later today.  So I should have version 4.5 ready to go either today or tomorrow.  It's going to add a TON of new features (and fix a few bugs) so I'm really excited about it.

That also explains why my donation(gift) has been sitting in my inventory for a few days. When you are ready for it, add me to your friend list (I already sent an invite) or tell me where I can sent it. The job you do is great and it keeps better and better with every release. Best plugin ever and I enjoy it every day.

A thing I noticed was that on the badges page, the filter for how many drops remain doesn't work well. It excludes the game for which you already have a badge but still have remaining drops. Sometimes I already have a badge for a game I don't own and after I bought it I like to get the cards to sell them. With your filter it is supereasy to view these games, so if you could 'enhance' that it would be great. But no rush of course, take your time.

Sorry about that. I literally get 50 or so invites every day so they typically get ignored unless you contact me first.  :(  If you add me again I'll be sure and add you back this time!  

And I'm working on the bug with the badges.  Hopefully will be fixed in the new update.

EDIT: Fixed!  Will definitely be in the next update.