Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
915 replies to this topic

#541 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Odd thing I'm having happen in Chrome: When I go to my inventory page, the first card I click on will load up the correct current low sale price and items for sale.  After I put it on the market and go to the next card, it displays the low sale price of the previous card and clicking on the items for sale link takes me to the market page for the previous card.  I've tried clearing cache in browser and in the ES settings, but neither has had any effect. If I reload the page completely, I can pull up the new card's sale price and items for sale page, but the same error will occur when I go to the next card after that one.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#542 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Could you put a link to the github post in your Opening Post? Saves me from having an extra bookmark among the many I already have and not having to open page after page searching for it :) tx

http://www.cheapassg...6#entry11063487

Oh, i'm getting an error while syncing "Failed to sync this branch". Deleted my local copy and cloned it again. Perhaps add it to your guide. 

And I see this one is the same as the current one released... v5 only local? Just curious :)

#543 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Could you put a link to the github post in your Opening Post? Saves me from having an extra bookmark among the many I already have and not having to open page after page searching for it :) tx

http://www.cheapassg...6#entry11063487

Oh, i'm getting an error while syncing "Failed to sync this branch". Deleted my local copy and cloned it again. Perhaps add it to your guide. 

And I see this one is the same as the current one released... v5 only local? Just curious :)

Done.  Yes the current development version is 5.0, the currently released version is 4.9.1.

I haven't had a lot of time to devote to 5.0 the last few weeks.  I'm having some legal problems (getting sued) and have a major multi-million dollar project that I'm finishing up at my day job.  So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a little more time to devote to it and get 5.0 ready to roll out.

#544 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

I really hope you're able to bounce back after that sort of trouble. We're all supporting you. :)

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#545 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks and good luck with the legal stuff and the deadlines at work. Hope you can leave both behind soon.

Minor thing I noticed was that when a trade card has a ! in the title, it doesn't get highlighted when you own one of those. For example the "Reactor Critical!" is not highlighted in the following list http://steamcommunit...s trading card"

I'll send you an example of such a card so you don't have to buy one 

#546 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Just an idea for your backlog: filter on the wishlist on games with coupons. Perhaps viewing the new price. 

#547 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

sorry to hear that jshackles, for some reason anytime I quote someone it shows up blank ever since I "upgraded" to Windohs 8.1 (quoted your post and as you can see it's blank lol)  at least it didn't just randomize what you said like it did to spoderman, so I guess that's an improvement.  Hope everything works out for the best for you ;)

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#548 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I hope your lawyers are taking care of you.  Sorry man.

Feature request: other's libraries have a filter to shared games checkbox now, can there be a filter to unique games check?  This would help with the new family sharing features.

#549 Bultreys

Bultreys

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your lawsuit jshackles, I hope it's resolved quickly and I also hope that it's not related to this excellent app.

#550 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just an idea for your backlog: filter on the wishlist on games with coupons. Perhaps viewing the new price. 

This should be very possible.  Stay tuned!

I hope your lawyers are taking care of you.  Sorry man.

Feature request: other's libraries have a filter to shared games checkbox now, can there be a filter to unique games check?  This would help with the new family sharing features.

This might be kind of tricky, but may be possible using the same "library loading" code it already uses to pull a list of all your own games.  Of course, that would mean it would only work if your profile was set to public.

Sorry to hear about your lawsuit jshackles, I hope it's resolved quickly and I also hope that it's not related to this excellent app.

Just to put your guy's fears to rest: the lawsuit has nothing to do with Enhanced Steam.  :)  

#551 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

This should be very possible.  Stay tuned!

This might be kind of tricky, but may be possible using the same "library loading" code it already uses to pull a list of all your own games.  Of course, that would mean it would only work if your profile was set to public.

Just to put your guy's fears to rest: the lawsuit has nothing to do with Enhanced Steam.   :)

If it wasn't clear, I'd like to see what games other people have on their profiles that I don't have, not my unique games.

#552 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

If it wasn't clear, I'd like to see what games other people have on their profiles that I don't have, not my unique games.

Gotcha.   ;)

I'm just saying to filter out their games that you already own, Enhanced Steam will have to pull a list of all of the games you already own.  This is something that can only be done if your profile is set to public.  It should be doable but might take a few seconds or so to process, especially if you have a lot of games or you're browsing someone's list that has a lot of games.

#553 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Updated the WSGF code in Enhanced Steam to support their new 21:9 and 4k certifications.

sq6hSoH.png

(for now, these certifications will be hidden if marked "Incomplete" by the WSGF as most of them are)

#554 mrmahon

mrmahon

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

It should be doable but might take a few seconds or so to process, especially if you have a lot of games or you're browsing someone's list that has a lot of games.

So it should be an option that you turn on and off, nothing that is turned on as default. Right?

#555 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

So it should be an option that you turn on and off, nothing that is turned on as default. Right?

Right.  This particular feature would be a button you click on when browsing someone else's "All games" page that would pull a list of all of your games, and filter out the ones you have in common.

#556 Psychor

Psychor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

First and foremost Enhanced Steam is amazing! Thank you for making this tool.

I've been using ES for a couple of weeks now. However, tonight I noticed something odd. Games owned or on my wishlist are still showing up in color (e.g., green/blue) but pricing (e.g., sale) information has now disappeared from a given game’s store page. I clicked on “Clear cached data” from the ES dropdown menu and I even tried re-installing the add-on. I'm running the latest version of the add-on and Firefox on Win 8.

Thanks.

UPDATE 01: I saw that ES is also available for Chrome so I thought I'd give it a try to rule out my install of Firefox (e.g., add-ons, etc.) However, I'm experiencing the same issue as above while using ES in Chrome.

UPDATE 02: While I didn't make any system changes all is well again. I'm guessing it had something to do with where the price information is pulled from? Thanks.

#557 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

One final heads up before tomorrow:

Tomorrow morning at 8am (Pacific Time GMT -0700) I'll be participating in the 2013 Extra Life gaming marathon. I'll be gaming for 25 hours straight and will be streaming the entire thing on my Twitch.tv channel.

I've got a selection of 20 Steam games that I've never played before and I'm going to try to get to each one if I can. I may also be playing some Path of Exile and/or other things. I'll probably be consuming massive amounts of caffeine.

So check in on my channel and join me starting in about 23 hours from now!

EDIT: Results!

5RpjTiw.png

#558 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Finally got the Enhanced Steam options page side menu to look and work the way I want it to. Here is a before / after screenshot:

2o0JXBx.png

Each tab you click on "highlights" it and makes it bigger.

ABWfvNN.png

#559 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I have checked the options for 'Items you own' and 'coupons you own'. I have a coupon for a game I already own. The color in lists and the game page shows the 'coupon' color where I expect the 'I own' color. Can this be changed? Or is this by design? 

#560 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Is there any way "Hide Early Access items in new releases" can be applied to the 'featured' scrolling pictures at the top of the page as well as the new release list?

It's kind of pointless to hide them right now when pictures of those games just keep popping up anyway.

steam_sig.png

#561 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Just wanted to say ES makes listing things on the market so much easier!  Thanks!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#562 mrmahon

mrmahon

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

A few issues:

- Market prices in Inventory view don't show here (EURO zone 2)

- Binder view for badges doesn't work here if I set Steam language to Polish, but works fine with language set to English.

#563 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Odd thing I'm having happen in Chrome: When I go to my inventory page, the first card I click on will load up the correct current low sale price and items for sale.  After I put it on the market and go to the next card, it displays the low sale price of the previous card and clicking on the items for sale link takes me to the market page for the previous card.  I've tried clearing cache in browser and in the ES settings, but neither has had any effect. If I reload the page completely, I can pull up the new card's sale price and items for sale page, but the same error will occur when I go to the next card after that one.

Sorry it took me so long to figure this out, but it should be working in the upcoming version 5.0.

A few issues:

- Market prices in Inventory view don't show here (EURO zone 2)
- Binder view for badges doesn't work here if I set Steam language to Polish, but works fine with language set to English.

The market prices in inventory code has been completely revamped for the upcoming version. Once it hits (I'll post here when it happens) let me know if it's still not working.

I'm looking into the issue with the Polish badge page. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Fixed

#564 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Enhanced Steam version 5.0 for Google Chrome has now been released. Current users should receive the update automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

• Redesigned the navigation on the options page
  • Adds SteamCharts.com information on game pages
  • Adds "total playtime" to the all games page
  • Adds a "games you don't own" filter to friend's all games pages
  • Added platform icons to items on the wishlist page
  • Added active listing total to marketplace homepage
  • Added WSGF certifications for 21:9 (Ultra-Widescreen) and 4K UHD certified games
  • Added support for IndieGameStand price histories
  • Added support for showing booster pack market prices in your inventory
  • Made a ton of behind-the-scenes bugfixes and code updates
  • Fixed bug where card drops were calculating incorrectly for some users
  • Fixed a bug where sales on packs were not correctly highlighting
  • Fixed a bug that caused inventory links to become stale after selling an item
  • Fixed bug where badge binder view wasn't working correctly in some languages

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues. An updated Firefox version will be uploaded to Mozilla soon.

#565 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Awesome as always, man

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#566 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Enhanced Steam version 5.0 for Google Chrome has now been released. Current users should receive the update automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

• Redesigned the navigation on the options page
  • Adds SteamCharts.com information on game pages
  • Adds "total playtime" to the all games page
  • Adds a "games you don't own" filter to friend's all games pages
  • Added platform icons to items on the wishlist page
  • Added active listing total to marketplace homepage
  • Added WSGF certifications for 21:9 (Ultra-Widescreen) and 4K UHD certified games
  • Added support for IndieGameStand price histories
  • Added support for showing booster pack market prices in your inventory
  • Made a ton of behind-the-scenes bugfixes and code updates
  • Fixed bug where card drops were calculating incorrectly for some users
  • Fixed a bug where sales on packs were not correctly highlighting
  • Fixed a bug that caused inventory links to become stale after selling an item
  • Fixed bug where badge binder view wasn't working correctly in some languages
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues. An updated Firefox version will be uploaded to Mozilla soon.

this makes me sad, I got used to it while using Chrome until a Microsoft update to "fix" 8.1 fucked up my Google Chrome :(
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#567 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wow, nice update. Kudo's for the hard work!

Saw a nice filter on the wishlist to show all games with coupons, also handy. thanks!

While you're working on that page, perhaps you could add counts at the top (above\below the filter links) indicating how much games you own\with coupons\on sale are on the wishlist. Handy to know if you should press the links. And perhaps moving the 'remove games you own' to the top?

Keeps getting better and better :)

#568 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

What i missed just now is a link from the badge page to the store or commulity page of a game. Or I must be missing a link... Perhaps something for your probably already huge backlog?

Oh, another is of course the link to your badge page on the store page. Perhaps even showing the badge level?

#569 mrmahon

mrmahon

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Works just perfectly now. Issues fixed. Thanks a lot. You're the man!

#570 Marcelloz

Marcelloz

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

FYI:

The specials page doesn't give my a full list anymore. Got this both in the dev version and the official version. Just go to the home page and click on the 'specials' link. If i sort on a column, all goes well again. 

I have continuous scrolling enabled. Chrome v31.0.

full.jpg